Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to challenge NPC witches?

So my witch has been wanting to challenge another witch to a spellcasting duel for a while. However I have met multiple witches within my town(I'm playing on the island paradise map) and I my witch is of level 5 spellcasting(according to h ttp ://sims. wikia. com/wiki/Secret_skills, she can cast the spells and charms up to level 5 but none after that) and I've tried figuring out how to challenge them but I don't see the interaction anywhere for any of them. I know both witches have to be level 3(or 4 according to some people) in order to participate in duels, so i'm wondering if it's because the NPCs are not up to that level, if so why aren't they? I would think that EA would automatically make NPC witches of a spellcasting level that would allow yours to duel them. I really don't want to create another witch or have another witch move in with me just so i can duel them. Is there anyway I can find out the level of the NPC witches and change them if they're not high enough? Or do you think it's some sort of glitch? I need help.

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    NPC witches usually don't have any skill in spellcasting. The only exceptions to this are some pre-made witches in Moonlight Falls, such as Beatrice Crumplebottom. But witches made by story progression? You're crap out of luck with them.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    My spell-caster sim also keeps wanting to duel, but no one in town has a high enough level for that. Note: I added Supernatural to an old save and random inactives changed.

So as a work-around to gain magic levels, I just had her upgrade as many things I could find in the town, playing with magic, and converting surplus seeds until she started to want to use the Sunlight and Restoration spells.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2015
    The only way you can do that is with Nraas mastercontroler and the extra cheats module.

With this, you can click on the target sim you want to duel with and change their hidden spell casting skill to whatever level you want.
    NraasSignature.png
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    I got by with out dueling, now my spell caster is at max level and has the magic hands lifetime reward, this might be a bit over powered for other witch/wizard sims.

As for use of Master Controller, I try not to over use it's "cheat" functions to keep my game fair.
  • InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    Actually, there is a way to get NPC witches to level up their spell casting skill without cheating. It takes a while but it's effective, and having Late Night EP is also very helpful...so is having the Moodlet Manager.

Either invite them over or to a dull lot (one with low activity/fun), but don't interact with them after the initial chat. If they didn't auto group-up, ask them to. Then let them take their course of action. They'll often start 'playing with magic' to boost their fun up. This allows them to gain spell casting exp as long as your Sim is with them.

As I've stated, it does take a while--so it's best to start inviting them over early while your Sims' spell casting skill is at a lower level, before they gain that dueling ability. So basically in a nut shell, just spending more time with NPC witches gives them a chance to level up and be able to duel your Sim.

The down-side is when NPC witches learn the Love Charm... Ugh!