Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Starting it right now.

Brilliant! I can't wait to hear about it :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    As to names, I usually just go with whatever pops in my head first.

I have to admit that I have cheated in the challenge now. :(

I kept the money from the first recruit and used it to build additions. In my defense, I needed the room with the unexpected triplets.

See, that's what I did for Zoe's kids, but for Freya's I tried to pick Nordic names... I've now run out. Lol. Think I'll google Norwegian baby names or something for the next births ;)

Aww, I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I was really struggling with the twins, so I don't envy your triplets. (In any other save game I would! But my tribe can't handle triplets right now. Lol)

Why not play a compromise situation to balance it out? Remember I accidentally added Zoe to my game before I should have (although the rules have changed now) but as a compromise, I haven't let Freya get a job. My tribe was really struggling for a while! Lol.

What are your buildings like? Have you put any on the gallery? I'd love to see them! :)

Right now, the creator, Leeta, is the only one working so it's still tough.

My buildings are very simple. I made a common washroom with toilets and showers for all. A common kitchen for all. Simple single beds in any units around the periphery, etc. And I've color-coded them to match the rank. It's easier for me that way to see who needs to be sleeping where.

I kept the money from the first recruit and used it to build additions. In my defense, I needed the room with the unexpected triplets.

See, that's what I did for Zoe's kids, but for Freya's I tried to pick Nordic names... I've now run out. Lol. Think I'll google Norwegian baby names or something for the next births ;)

Aww, I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I was really struggling with the twins, so I don't envy your triplets. (In any other save game I would! But my tribe can't handle triplets right now. Lol)

Why not play a compromise situation to balance it out? Remember I accidentally added Zoe to my game before I should have (although the rules have changed now) but as a compromise, I haven't let Freya get a job. My tribe was really struggling for a while! Lol.

What are your buildings like? Have you put any on the gallery? I'd love to see them! :)

My buildings are very simple. I made a common washroom with toilets and showers for all. A common kitchen for all. Simple single beds in any units around the periphery, etc. And I've color-coded them to match the rank. It's easier for me that way to see who needs to be sleeping where.

I definitely wouldn't worry then! That sounds like a compromise to me :)

The colour coded beds is a good idea! I've colour coded the buildings based on the ranks and who's most likely to use each hut. One is yellow, for cooking mostly (although the dorms are upstairs - I wish we had bunk beds in the game!)
    The new learning hut has a blue theme - when I eventually have a researcher she will also wear blue.
    And Freya's hut is all decked out in black.

I've found it actually makes the interior design a lot easier, I always worry about stuff matching. At least this way I have a set colour and just roll with it :)

I definitely wouldn't worry then! That sounds like a compromise to me :)

The colour coded beds is a good idea! I've colour coded the buildings based on the ranks and who's most likely to use each hut. One is yellow, for cooking mostly (although the dorms are upstairs - I wish we had bunk beds in the game!)
    The new learning hut has a blue theme - when I eventually have a researcher she will also wear blue.
    And Freya's hut is all decked out in black.

I've found it actually makes the interior design a lot easier, I always worry about stuff matching. At least this way I have a set colour and just roll with it :)

I agree. It also makes choosing their outfits in CAS easier too! I chose the recruit, Annabelle, to be a scholar because I need someone to be able to write the books on the history of the tribe. The kids don't much care for her music (yet!). But she's good with them in other ways and helps with homework and has taken over the cooking and cleaning.

I expect to add another slave tonight and mate her with him so that the offspring can also mate with Leeta's 3 kids.

@fullspiral I love the idea of the scholar writing the history of the tribe! That's such a brilliant idea!
    @fullspiral I love the idea of the scholar writing the history of the tribe! That's such a brilliant idea!

lol, well I thought that was in the opening post for rules!
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Well, I've started! I decided to start out with more than one Sim, just because I didn't want to have to wait 2 Sim weeks just to get a new tribe member. So far I have Nizhoni Isi, my Creator, who wears all white and has a tattoo to represent their rank, Shikoba Sacnite, my Gatherer, who wears all green and has a different tattoo, and Qillaq Nahuel, my male slave, who wears all black and has no tattoos. My tribe's home consits of 4 places: The Creator's hut, which has items for Nizhoni to learn her main skills, and has the nicest bed of all the huts, the Gatherer's (And eventually Providers' instead, when I get one) hut, which is also where the kitchen is, though not much else besides a bed and bathroom, since Shikoba will be spending her time mostly outside, and the slave hut, which is a 2x3 building with the worst toilet and bed. next to it is the Pond of Sacrifice, a 2x2 pool surrounded by fences, which will be where slaves die until I get a more "Bovine" method. Somehow it took less then 30 Sim minutes for Qillaq to start talking to the Creator herself; he'll be stuck in his shack for a day.

I'll post pictures later, but that's what's happened so far!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    Leeta is pleased there is new life on the way for the tribe

01-02-15_4-29nbspPM_zpsa8a3cb01.png

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

lol, well I thought that was in the opening post for rules!

It is
    History of past creators also including the tribe at the time of thier rule. It's also great to see another story on this topic.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I am so intrigued! I'm bookmarking this and want to try, too!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Here's my first fam!

iql8p4.jpg

My creator--notice her necklace--that will be handed down to each creator as well as her bracelet.

34zbm7a.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited January 2015
    Back again, these are my sims for the amazon challenge. I just need to check, can the women that are not heiresses or the founder get married to men?

The Founder - Allie
    01-03-15_9-09c2a0pm.png

The Gatherer - Adine
    01-03-15_9-09c2a0pm-2.png

The Slave - Alrick
    01-03-15_9-09c2a0pm-3.png

Is it okay if I update it on here?
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Cookingpup99 EDIT: Whoops. Apparently only the OP is supposed to answer questions.
    Post edited by Amazingamphy on
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    After a few hours of play, I've found (without already placing another woman there) that the men do absolutely nothing and the women are the slaves! I don't get it. Since we don't have much, they don't have to clean often and there's not much that can break. LOL! My creator has to earn all the money. She's usually exhausted while the men sit around and talk and play on their phones.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Make the men do the cooking, cleaning, etc.
    @fullspiral‌ Much like traditional women roles? I wonder why they don't take care of the babies.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @fullspiral‌ Much like traditional women roles? I wonder why they don't take care of the babies.

Well, technically, once they make a baby, they are put to death. lol. Their usefulness to the tribe is over as a YA. I have to put to death my second slave when I go back in to the game because he mated with the founder and got her pregnant. I hate to do it because he does all the repairing now and cleaning up after the kids. It's a bit confusing as to how to work it all out to benefit the tribe. I don't know if I will make another slave just yet. I will need the new blood when the kids grow up to make more kids since I mentioned that they are all mostly related. It's too bad we have a limit of 8. It really makes it more difficult to strategize!

@fullspiral I was think the very same thing about the 8 person limit. For this challenge we could really use more slots! But at the same time, taking care of 6 sims was so draining! 8 is really going to test me! ;)

Well, technically, once they make a baby, they are put to death. lol. Their usefulness to the tribe is over as a YA. I have to put to death my second slave when I go back in to the game because he mated with the founder and got her pregnant. I hate to do it because he does all the repairing now and cleaning up after the kids. It's a bit confusing as to how to work it all out to benefit the tribe. I don't know if I will make another slave just yet. I will need the new blood when the kids grow up to make more kids since I mentioned that they are all mostly related. It's too bad we have a limit of 8. It really makes it more difficult to strategize!

I'm keeping one slave to do all the menial tasks and level up their mechanical skills. And one will be a mating slave. Once I get male children, I'll have to figure out what to do with that.

So...if the males reach adulthood, they're put to death? I thought that was only for sons.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

I'm keeping one slave to do all the menial tasks and level up their mechanical skills. And one will be a mating slave. Once I get male children, I'll have to figure out what to do with that.

So...if the males reach adulthood, they're put to death? I thought that was only for sons.

Good question. Maybe it's only the breeding males that need to be put to death, and the YA tribal sons. I re-read the rules and I'm still not sure lol. If that's the case, I will add another slave as soon as I kill this one, and that one just won't be a breeder.
    Yup, once the men reach YA they have to be killed. Sort of like 'Logan's Run' lol! But they are allowed to be mated once before they are killed if we so choose ;)
    @fullspiral I was think the very same thing about the 8 person limit. For this challenge we could really use more slots! But at the same time, taking care of 6 sims was so draining! 8 is really going to test me! ;)

Yep. I am seriously considering the mod that allows more people. But I don't know. I saw it doesn't work right so probably not.
    I've got a question--do you roll traits like in the legacy challenge or do you pick traits? Thanks! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick I pick the traits I want for them. I haven't recruited any townies for my game. I make them. I always give "neat" to the males because I want them to clean autonomously.
    @fullspiral‌ Oh good! That's what I'm going to do, too. I was only confused because it said something about the heiress might not have the right traits and it would go to the next in line. I guess we can try to make that decision for them. I may wait and give those traits to the one I want to inherit. ;)

And I'm finding out that we really will have to kick girls out. I'm thinking about kicking out some who might have rights to being heir. Once that's been decided, all girls who are left should be kicked out. Underling girls should be from stock that isn't as high as the creator. Just a thought. Would love to know how you're going to handle crowd control. :smile:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top