Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Congratulations on the oh so deep emotions

Comments

• SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I think it was a mistake to make nicely decorated surroundings cause happiness because it is overwhelming everything else in the game. Maybe this should work for materialistic Sims, but not everyone cares more about a picture they've seen on their wall a thousand times than every other event that happens in their lives.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    large.gif
    post-27421-Im-in-a-glass-case-of-emotion-xSnR.gif
    I love this thread lol
  • abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    what? this is SIMS 4's main selling point and it's glitchy half the time? good to know.
  • constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    I'm trying to resist this thread, but it's havin' its way with me.
    constance wrote: »
    Lol I want to post another gif related to emoitions but I'm not sure if I should.
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Lol I want to post another gif related to emoitions but I'm not sure if I should.

It's a thread about emotions. I don't know what would be a better place to post them. Or maybe I'm just in a mood to be as nauseating as possible? Idk

tumblr_inline_nbuw26dOgC1rux4kf.gif
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Sadly I have to agree the emotions are underwhelming. Recently the founder of my legacy lost his wife (they were elders and their children were grown, they were soulmates). I sent him into the room where she was dying to see it and he just dropped down and started doing push-ups. Their daughter got a sad moodlet for 4 hours for 'a friend dying'. That was it. None of the grandkids noticed at all.

A couple of sim days later the founder died. His daughter, son-in-law and one grandson paid no notice whatsoever. The other grandson was heartbroken for days, crying in bed and stuff. He is now my favorite sim because I'm convinced he's the only one who isn't a psychopath. :P
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Sim wife just died. Best friends forever, soulmates, maxed out relationships. Four hour sad moodlet, and only because he mourned her urn. VERY weak, Maxis.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member

It's a thread about emotions. I don't know what would be a better place to post them. Or maybe I'm just in a mood to be as nauseating as possible? Idk

tumblr_m22evv88PY1rn95k2o1_250.gif

TL8ZBmw.gif
    My Sim's father died and not only did it not seem to affect her at all, but her dad doesn't care either. Neither does her little brother.

Lol true about the thread. I just don't want people to yell "gif spam." Oh well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    My-Emotions-My-emotions.gif
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    funny-pictures-auto-sad-kristen-stewart-388647.jpeg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

The emotional sims are less emotional and aware of the surroundings than ever before
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    giphy.gif
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    One of my Sims died today and the teen children were very affected by it. They both have a very sad moodlet for 2 days. The son was constantly crying, even in the shower.

09-20-14_10-30nbspAM_zps5bd0fe07.jpg

09-20-14_10-42nbspAM_zps5011e8a1.jpg

09-20-14_10-43nbspAM-2_zpsc34028d9.jpg
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    giphy.gif

Was it here, I want to go to the 2nd page but I'm trying hard to avoid seeing it again o.O
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    One of my Sims died today and the teen children were very affected by it. They both have a very sad moodlet for 2 days. The son was constantly crying, even in the shower.

09-20-14_10-30nbspAM_zps5bd0fe07.jpg

09-20-14_10-42nbspAM_zps5011e8a1.jpg

09-20-14_10-43nbspAM-2_zpsc34028d9.jpg

The kids and teens seem to at least be affected, although not in the "it will be a part of their lives forever" way they claimed. But the adults are almost totally oblivious.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    edited September 2014
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Was it here, I want to go to the 2nd page but I'm trying hard to avoid seeing it again o.O
    -shivers- yes it here
    Edit: Wrong thread I think...I hope
    Its safe to come out now he got banned
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

-shivers- yes it here
    Edit: Wrong thread I think...I hope

What ?? Did I miss anything ? If it is something that can't be "unseen" then I am glad that I missed it.
  • LittlemizbooLittlemizboo Posts: 392 Member
    it was the lemons thread and horrible pics be glad you missed it lol
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

Pheww...thanks GOD.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited September 2014
    This all really comes down to unskilled and REALLY unorganized programming. I'm honestly now convinced that family trees were not included in the game because the code wasn't SMART enough to recognize them. I only say this because my brothers child was making out with his aunts niece second cousin, who is his half sister once removed.

How so? Well you see take the environment triggers for emotions, they shouldn't override "important" emotional events - however its currently working on a sliding scale, rather then by triggers. So that is to say that if you have 4 points of happiness and 2 points of sadness plus a focused moodlet it cancels out whatever event caused the sad moodlet.

My sim often goes from happy to flirty then back to uncomfortable to confident within a minute then back to flirty for now reason. Its literally cycling the emotions - not by situational awareness. Thats all programming.

I think the WEIRDEST thing I've happened besides my sim's sister who is actually his mother marrying his uncles cousin is when my sim was making out with Mrs. Landgraab in a crowded bar and a complete random stranger "felt" uncomfortable seeing this making nancy uncomfortable. Her husband? Not so much...

I think he posted on other threads too, I'm too scared to check the name o.O