Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How time consuming is "Sims - Freeplay"?

Hey everybody. I'm thinking about downloading this game for the kindle fire HD.

Anyway, I want to play this game, but not if it's the kind of game that demands that you CONSTANTLY play it, or else you can't make ANY progress, or worse, any progress that you MIGHT make will go to hell in a handbasket because you made the UNFORGIVABLE mistake of taking a short break, or (worst of all) your sims starve to DEATH because you didn't play it at all on Sunday. (The kindle fire HD belongs to a public library, not me, so I WON'T be able to play it on Sundays or on legal holidays. & yes, they let users install games on it.)

Don't misunderstand. IF I DO download this game, I WILL be playing it SOMETIMES, but NOT if avoiding an all-of-your-sims-starved-DEATH scenario means that I can never STOP playing it.

So, is this game a game where (cue echo effects) "time has no meaning", or is it more forgiving?

Comments

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Everything you have your sims do takes real life time. So if you want them to sleep you can have them sleep for 8 hours, and it will actually take those 8 hours.

But really it takes as much time as you want to put into it. Like if you want to spend all day with your little simmies you can, or you can set them to long tasks and check on them once a day. I'm sure they'll survive for a day if you can't play on Sundays. But when you do get to play them again on Monday you'll have to take some time filling all their needs again.

I think it's worth it to play for a little while. If you don't like how it works you can always quit. It's free after all. :)
    giphy.gif

• wakanasakaiwakanasakai Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the response. I have a few more questions.
    1) I've heard that there's no "autonomy" option in this game, so that your sims CAN'T do anything unless you tell them to do it. True?
    2) I've heard that one of the updates causes your sims to eventually DIE (from old age, with some help from a grim reaper). As of the latest version of this game, is that update un-avoidable, or is it optional? & either way, is there a way to avoid your sims dying because of that update?
    3) I've heard that there's a new update for this game called "Pet paradise". Is it included from the start of the latest version of this game, but 'locked' until you meet some requirements for it, or is it an optional later update?

Thanks for the help.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    1) There is no autonomy, if you want them to do something you have to tell them to do it.
    2) When you reach a certain level automatic aging and death kicks in. To avoid this kicking in you can just not do the quest, but then you can't get any other updates after that quest. The only way to prevent sims from aging once you've done the quest is to pay premium currency, LP, or don't allow them to do anything. Every action causes them to age a little. Despite many players leaving the game and being very unhappy with this update, this has not been changed.
    3) Most of the updates, including Pet Paradise, come when you reach a certain level. Then you do quests. Here is a blog with the level that the quests come ... it wouldn't let me post a link so search for perturbee sfp blog and you should be able to find it.

My advice is if you are only playing occasionally this is not the game for you, unless you have a lot of real money to spend. Like most of these games, when you first start playing it takes a lot of time to progress. The game has changed a lot in the last couple of years to make it more time consuming to play. Some people who want constant questing like this. Most of us who play sims because we love to decorate and enjoy our sims ... don't.