The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone still play The Sims 1?

RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
I've seen a lot of members talk about 2 - 4, but I rarely see 1 being mentioned when it comes to what games people still play.

Does anyone still play? Or have them installed? When did you last play?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I've actually been in the mood, but I only have the base game and don't have the disc on me.

They should totally give out a Sims 1 Ultimate Collection like they did for TS2. Perhaps call it "Sims Forever" after TS4's in-game Sims 1.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    No, not me. I didn't bother to install it on my newer desktop. It was installed on my old one and I enjoyed it back in the day, but no. Haven't been tempted to install it on my new machine. I prefer Sims 2 over it anyway.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    Oh man, I still have the Living Large and House Party expansion pack cds stored in somewhere. I'm interested to hear how it runs on today's operating systems. I recently watched a Let's Play of TS1 and the dude was having a bunch of GUI and resolution issues.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I actually mention the sims 1 a lot. I think I would say it Is one of my favorites. I Want TO play it but i lost my EPs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »
    I've actually been in the mood, but I only have the base game and don't have the disc on me.

They should totally give out a Sims 1 Ultimate Collection like they did for TS2. Perhaps call it "Sims Forever" after TS4's in-game Sims 1.

I'm not even sure if some of the computers made in the last few years would play Sims 1 though? I mean they clearly would meet the requirements but I'm talking like operating system compatibility. I would not be opposed to having an ultimate collection as long as it was cheap or free. I gave all my Sims 1 games away sometime in the course of playing Sims 3, but hey if it were really cheap ($10 or less) or free I could deal.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I still play! I love Superstar and Makin Magic. I play just to hear sims record singles and cast spells. o:)
    Last time I played was shortly after EA released the UC of TS2.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Haven't played TS1 in about 2 years.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    HotKnife wrote: »
    Oh man, I still have the Living Large and House Party expansion pack cds stored in somewhere. I'm interested to hear how it runs on today's operating systems. I recently watched a Let's Play of TS1 and the dude was having a bunch of GUI and resolution issues.

Really? I've got all the expansions on a new Windows 8 PC and it runs like a dream. Less than 5 seconds for loading screens, it's fantastic after playing 4. :p
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I'm not even sure if some of the computers made in the last few years would play Sims 1 though? I mean they clearly would meet the requirements but I'm talking like operating system compatibility.

I hear Windows 8.1 can run The Sims 1 with no struggles. I haven't tested it myself though. Don't know about Windows 7, but if 8 can I would be surprised if it can't.

Also, there's always running it in compatibility mode.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Oh yes... when I play TS1 and then play TS4 I tend to appreciate it a bit more.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member

I'm not even sure if some of the computers made in the last few years would play Sims 1 though? I mean they clearly would meet the requirements but I'm talking like operating system compatibility.

I hear Windows 8.1 can run The Sims 1 with no struggles. I haven't tested it myself though. Don't know about Windows 7, but if 8 can I would be surprised if it can't.

oh okay. Well bring on the ultimate collection, then EA! :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I actually mention the sims 1 a lot. I think I would say it Is one of my favorites. I Want TO play it but i lost my EPs

That's a shame! Maybe you could get them cheap somewhere?
    ericaduh wrote: »
    I still play! I love Superstar and Makin Magic. I play just to hear sims record singles and cast spells. o:)
    Last time I played was shortly after EA released the UC of TS2.

They're the best expansions! I usually make my Sim a popstar or a witch, haha. I did try slogging it out with a normal family the other day, though. Finally reached the top of the politician track.
    The Sims 1 is still playable on newer machines but require some simple adjustments.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
    I would play TS1, but I can't install it. All my disks are just collecting dust :(
    15f317bf-858c-4dcf-80e9-e1281c43ab75.png?t=1408375700
    Hey, look it's EA.

I ran into more problems playing 2 than 1.
  • HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    HotKnife wrote: »

Really? I've got all the expansions on a new Windows 8 PC and it runs like a dream. Less than 5 seconds for loading screens, it's fantastic after playing 4. :p

Yeah, he was having issues with the GUI stretching out of the screen so clicking on items/pictures in the buy menu (for example) wouldn't register.

That's really good to hear, though! I'm itching to play it now. lol Certainly for the superior BG music. Unfortunately, my base game cd is most likely long lost.
    I would play TS1, but I can't install it. All my disks are just collecting dust :(

What's the issue if you don't mind me asking?
    // take me back to 2018.
    Has any version of TS1 been available through Origin in any capacity? There was the TS2 Store Edition and later the TS2 Ultimate Collection, and of course everything to do with TS3 and TS4.
    Has any version of TS1 been available through Origin in any capacity? There was the TS2 Store Edition and later the TS2 Ultimate Collection, and of course everything to do with TS3 and TS4.

Nope I don't think so. I'd love to snag a copy of TS1 through Origin in any case though.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I have the complete collection installed. It's been awhile since I actually played it. I got into it for awhile, downloading TONS of cc that is still out there and even still being created. And I LOVE the crude form of bodyshop (I think it's called "simcreator" or something) that comes with complete collection. I remember when sims 1 was new wishing so bad I had a simple in game way to recolor their clothing and such!

I have it installed on windows 7 64 bit with no problem.Oh and I LOVE the music , it is still the best out of the entire series! To this day I get a giant thrill seeing the base game opening movie, the neighborhood with the Goths , Pleasants, Bachelor, Roomies etc!!! Memories.
  • DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    Yes, yesterday. Reminds me of the good old days before EA took over.
    -- Darthmittenzz has spoken
    Not sure if this idea will get any flak, but perhaps give it as a reward and show of good faith to early adopters of The Sims 4...?

I know it's hardly ideal, but expecting two entire Sims game collections for free from EA in the span of a single year seems silly.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I lost those games (most of them anyway) when I moved :(
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Bookshelf beside me has all four games in a row with expansions and stuff packs, but I haven't played 1 or 2 in years.
    I find it strange there's been no mention of 1 on Origin. I think even if it had been 1 in place of 2 having the entire collection given away for free, it would have been received as equally well.

I feel like there's a disjointed gap between 1 and 2 - 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top