Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    One more thing, there is a wallpaper called Newspaper01SGLow Placeholder Name - its the first one on wallpapers

It's from the new sims 4 app I think.

Its rad, I hope they keep it in the PC game. I love the bump mapping on it.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    [/quote]

Its rad, I hope they keep it in the PC game. I love the bump mapping on it.[/quote]

Haven't actually seen it in-game personally but someone else asked about it and I remembered reading that it came as a bonus from playing the new app. Looks like fun wallpaper! :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Nectere I'm not seeing those shadows in my game. What are your graphics settings? Are you using a PC or a Mac?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Nectere I'm not seeing those shadows in my game. What are your graphics settings? Are you using a PC or a Mac?

oh boy...

Medium since my graphics card is old and has a long beard. I know I need a new graphics card, just holding off for the prices to come back to normal from btc. Also somewhere around day of the dead (fitting) or thereabouts it just started reading way too hot all of the sudden, shut down hot (on ultra/high settings). Right now on medium graphic settings its sitting at 180f ish and snacking up 98% of my GPU doing nothing and on pause while I write this. Everything is working (fans cleaned dusted checked etc) and I monitor it with MSI so I dunno. I had gotten it down to 160ish on medium but with the jungle pack I see the temps rising again. If the game is off my gpu runs 87f ish with peaks of around 2% usage goofing off on the internet or w/e.

Anyway- its just me - yay!

Everything is updated and I dont run game mods, scripts or anything else out of the ordinary. Usually just my gmail (firefox) is open on the second monitor if I am playing.

PC ASUS - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) OEM, 9098MB Aprox total memory / Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, build 9600), Intel i7 3.1GHz, 12288MB Ram, DirectX 11, BIOS 0504

Origin ID NectereSim
    Okay, I'll test it again with my graphics settings on medium; it may well be the settings.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Okay, I'll test it again with my graphics settings on medium; it may well be the settings.

Shoot, did I really forget to mention that?

I pumped the settings back up to ultra and all of that bleed went away. Of course my GPU felt it. I put it back on medium and the bleed came back.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Yep, @Nectere that's what it is - I do see those shadows on medium. I'll inquire about them, but this may just be something that goes along with a reduction in quality...
    Yep, @Nectere that's what it is - I do see those shadows on medium. I'll inquire about them, but this may just be something that goes along with a reduction in quality...

Thank you - not sure if working as intended either but I hadnt noticed it before. I guess the build was angled just right for me to finally notice?

Also I inquired about the bees/spider events occurring indoors and @SimGuruArvin said he didnt think they should be but that they would check.

Origin ID NectereSim
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi Ms Bry. I seem to be having a meltdown. hehe I did go over your 'bug' post and I didn't see my issue BUT it's late so I may have missed it.

In my game, these 3 curtains from Cats & Dogs are all the same size. I resize them but they will not lower. Is this a glitch or just my game? I've had this issue since I got EP. I've just chosen to ignore and use different curtains. I can raise from basement but the colors change.

03-24-18_8-58-56nbspPM_zpsbcsa5qkd.png

Thank you♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    @Cassee were you resizing larger or smaller? If larger, you should still be able to lower them a bit, but when going smaller, there is a limit in how low they'll go, and it gets higher as the curtain gets smaller. I see the same behavior with all the curtains. I think they've coded for the minimum height of the curtain based on its original footprint, and the code does not take the change of size into account. We can request a change, but I'm guessing it won't be an easy one to make, and it may just be one of those trade-offs we have to deal with in using the new shrink functionality.
  • EllocaitEllocait Posts: 6 New Member
    @BryonyRae the curved window of the 'Bonjour Soleil Arch' is nice, but what I mean to say is there is no other variation of this window to match. There is no set is what I mean, no other munition window that comes in that simple thin black metal and clear glass. For example, the 'upright window' has at least 5 other windows that come in different shapes and sizes (i.e. double vision, fenestra maneuvers in the dark, basic bay window, pessimist's porthole, and porthole peeper) but with the same color palettes and the same wood finish. The arch I was talking about earlier is the only one of it's kind and can't really be paired with anything else because it doesn't match with anything else. And let's be real, no one who enjoys building in the sims 4 wants to use the same window all over the house. :sweat_smile:
  • EllocaitEllocait Posts: 6 New Member
    @BryonRae muntin window* not munition :D
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Cassee were you resizing larger or smaller? If larger, you should still be able to lower them a bit, but when going smaller, there is a limit in how low they'll go, and it gets higher as the curtain gets smaller. I see the same behavior with all the curtains. I think they've coded for the minimum height of the curtain based on its original footprint, and the code does not take the change of size into account. We can request a change, but I'm guessing it won't be an easy one to make, and it may just be one of those trade-offs we have to deal with in using the new shrink functionality.

Yeah, I was sizing down, but most curtains have 3 different heights to begin with. This one doesn't. At least not in my game. All 3 are the same height. They only have different widths and none of them can be used with the first wall height. (see my pic) I can usually manipulate curtains to do what I want. These just get on my nerves. haha Thanks again.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    We got a couple of fixes in today's patch:
    • The Split Panel Dresser and The Floatin' Shelf bookshelf will no longer allow you to place objects floating behind them.
    • The “Debug” style will no longer be an available style filter in the Build and Create a Sim catalogs.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    After the last patch I noticed a change in how the walls seem to reflect the time of day it is instead of being dark when in an enclosed room. Lighting also seems to be a bit messed up for cabinets, where I put them on two walls that form a 90* angle, same color swatch, but they show up entirely differently. Are those intentional?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    @SeaDragonSong if you could post pictures of what you're seeing, it would really help. :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    The debug filter is still available in build mode, under content.
    @SeaDragonSong if you could post pictures of what you're seeing, it would really help. :)

Put them in a spoiler. :)
    04-23-18_10-47-23_PM.png
    04-23-18_10-47-41_PM.png
    Story_Banner.png
    Okay, I'll take a look @SeaDragonSong.

For everyone - nice little video on how to place a garage door below foundation level on Twitter here.
    @BryonyRae Thank you! I also found out that the cabinets show colors properly if the room they are in doesn't have the wall that finishes the room (erased it and they all showed up properly). However, the wall tiles themselves show like they're in a darkened room if the room doesn't have its closing wall.
    Story_Banner.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Has anyone asked for tea towels or kitchen towels or cook mits/trivets. to me the complete absence of kitchen linens is frustrating
    @SeaDragonSong I think what you're experiencing with the cabinets turning blue may be related to this issue. As for the interior walls, if your room is exposed in some way to the exterior (such as missing a piece of ceiling), that type of coloration can happen. Try redrawing the room to ensure that it is completely enclosed. If the problem persists, I could take a closer look if you want to upload the room or lot to the Gallery (give it a name like "Test Wall Colors" and let me know when it's up).
    @JojoMOMSTER No, doesn't look like anyone has. Request added. :)
    @gmcrozier that looks like it is working as designed to me. Once you've turned bb.showhiddenobjects on, a filter for debug items appears under Content, and if selected, displays debug items. The other change they made to debug was to remove it as a *style* filter, where it didn't make sense (since there is no debug style).
    @SeaDragonSong I think what you're experiencing with the cabinets turning blue may be related to this issue. As for the interior walls, if your room is exposed in some way to the exterior (such as missing a piece of ceiling), that type of coloration can happen. Try redrawing the room to ensure that it is completely enclosed. If the problem persists, I could take a closer look if you want to upload the room or lot to the Gallery (give it a name like "Test Wall Colors" and let me know when it's up).

Thank you! Fortunately, the issue with the wall lighting resolved itself after a few days, but I've hit me too on the cabinet one.
    Story_Banner.png