Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to have more than 8 sims in a household?

JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
Yeah so I want to make a bigomist sim. With a few live in wives and a bunch if kids. Was wondering if there is a way to cheat around the limit.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2014
    Haven't seen one yet - it would need a mod. I'd suggest checking Mod the Sims and mod forum here. You could consider managing them on rotational play in multiple houses in a neighbourhood. Think of the neighbourhood as a family compound.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I have three guys in a polyamorous relationship. No jealousy... but no marriage either.

I suppose with your sim, you could do as some US Mormons do and have your sim legally marry his first wife and throw parties as 'spiritual weddings' to the others.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    The code is designed with max 8 household sims in mind, the game will probably break with more than 8, a mod is possible but I wouldn't risk it.

I don't have a harem or something in my game, but one of my married sims regularily woohoos all 4 maids (2 male and 2 female).
  • SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    Yes, you can have more than 8 Sims in a house. Just use the cheat: sims.Spawn
    This will spawn a random Sim in your household. You can then just use cas.fulleditmode to change him/her to your liking.
  • AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited September 2014
    Snooty wrote: »
    Yes, you can have more than 8 Sims in a house. Just use the cheat: sims.Spawn<br />
    This will spawn a random Sim in your household. You can then just use cas.fulleditmode to change him/her to your liking.
    ... or you move your sims' other wives and children into the houses next door... happy switching!

• Savage_UnicornSavage_Unicorn Posts: 1 New Member
    soooooo i would like more toddlers. i know about the sims.spawn but that spawns adults
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    soooooo i would like more toddlers. i know about the sims.spawn but that spawns adults

Hello @Savage_Unicorn
    Welcome to the forums :)
    MC Command Center Mod allows you to have more than 8 sims in a household
    It can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    There is information about the mod in this link
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/overview
    There is further information about the modules by clicking on the yellow titles on the site page.
    The setting is found in
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I tried that with the mc commander but it didn't work. Either that or I didn't know how to make it happen.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I tried that with the mc commander but it didn't work. Either that or I didn't know how to make it happen.

Check out the selection of MCCC tuning options. I think you can access what you want via the computer, to denote household size. I stumbled across it recently. But up until recently, I still had two other mods that allowed for the larger households. (These were designed to work with earlier versions of MCCC, so they were compatible.) I accidentally deleted them by not removing them from my Mods folder when I did a reset of my game. Face/palm. Now, I'll have to see if MCCC truly does allow for the larger households. If not, I believe I have a copy of that other mod. You can also click on the mail box for additional options for MCCC.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="Snooty;c-12707299"]Yes, you can have more than 8 Sims in a house. Just use the cheat: sims.Spawn
    This will spawn a random Sim in your household. You can then just use cas.fulleditmode to change him/her to your liking.[/quote]
    I went to edit them with full edit mode and it only had the first eight characters i made able to edit.
  • jaycravnjaycravn Posts: 17 Member
    if you use cas with more than eight sims, then since the game engine can't deal with more than eight sims it deletes sims after the eighth.
    (we had a similar issue in sims 3)
    this is why mc command center has its own cas that edits one sim at a time.
    basically you need mcc to edit a household with more than eight sims. no way around that.

and its possible you may not be able to use mcc for this purpose anyway; i cant save when i have more than 8 sims in the household, so i dont bother with mcc and just suffer under the 8 sim limit T^T

regarding polyamorous sim relationships - you probably know this but for anyone who doesn't the reward trait for the serial romantic aspiration will stop poly jealousy. ofc if you have triangle-poly instead of v-poly all the sims need the trait which is tedious to gain without using cheats
    pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself
  • slavetothepeopleslavetothepeople Posts: 1 New Member
    you don't need a mod. do sims.spawn then cas.fulleditmode and then go to CAS. you can now edit sims, making them as old or young as you please.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    you don't need a mod. do sims.spawn then cas.fulleditmode and then go to CAS. you can now edit sims, making them as old or young as you please.

You can spawn more sims but, they will not show up in CAS. Only 8 sims show up in CAS at a time and they will be the original 8 family members, even with the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    Hello
    MCCC mod allows more than 8 sims
    This setting allows overriding the default EA maximum household size of 8 to another value, up to 25. Note that when you have more than 8 Sims in a household, there are some in-game issues dealing with CAS. You have to use 'Modify in CAS' for the Sims that are after the first 8 in the household from the 'Sims Commands' menu. When a new update from EA comes-out, if you try to use the update when MCCC isn't updated, it could cause problems dealing with these households. This is the same as any household size change mod, but I just wanted to make sure it was noted here that these things should be kept in mind.
    If my household size is set to above 8, how do I edit Sims in CAS so the game doesn’t delete all the Sims past the 8th in the household?

All of the core game’s “Edit in CAS” basic functions have household size hard-coded to 8. So no modder can prevent those functions from deleting extra Sims. However, there is a different “CAS Edit” that allows editing those large household sizes without losing extra family members. You would use that CAS edit rather than “Manage Household” or a dresser or a closet or a mirror or anything else. The safest thing to do is just use MCCC to edit the Sim rather than a Sims 4 method. The option for editing a single Sim in MCCC is "Modify in CAS". It is available in the initial MCCC Sims menu when clicking on a Sim in a household that has more than 8 Sims in it. It can also be found in the “MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS” path for any Sim.
  • TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > MCCC mod allows more than 8 sims
    > MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size

How do I get to this?
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > MCCC mod allows more than 8 sims
    > MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size

How do I get to this?

Hello @TuttyGamer8
    The MCCC mod can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top
    There is information about the mod in this link
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Once you have installed the mod, have your sim click on a computer in their home. Then click on the MCCC option. Then click on the MC Command Center section. Then click on MCCC settings, then MCCC gameplay settings, then maximum household size .
  • TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks so much @rosemow !
    Helps a lot, no more problems like that!
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    I really wish there was a CAS workaround. I change my household's clothes every sim day. I'm at max, but would love to add a cat to the family. Since you can't even control pets, I really wish there was a way to permanently add another pet, and still be able to change clothing.

I tried the 'Change Outfit' closet trick but full CAS opened anyway.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    You can if you are using MCCC. I am playing a household with 16 sims and am able to change their outfits through the settings. Only thing I think is you can't do is easily copy a vampire's dark form outfit. You have to manually do it by switching them to dark form first before going into CAS.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited April 2018
    For those looking to take a sim into CAS with households greater than 8, then MCCC provides for this. Select Sim | Select MCCC | Select sim Commands | Select Modify in CAS.

This will open CAS for full editing on only that Sim
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    If you are using MCCC mod to have more than 8 Sims in a household, deaderpool has posted this information on his site.
    This setting allows overriding the default EA maximum household size of 8 to another value, up to 25. Note that when you have more than 8 Sims in a household, there are some in-game issues dealing with CAS. You have to use 'Modify in CAS' for the Sims that are after the first 8 in the household from the 'Sims Commands' menu. When a new update from EA comes-out, if you try to use the update when MCCC isn't updated, it could cause problems dealing with these households. This is the same as any household size change mod, but I just wanted to make sure it was noted here that these things should be kept in mind.

If my household size is set to above 8, how do I edit Sims in CAS so the game doesn’t delete all the Sims past the 8th in the household?
    All of the core game’s “Edit in CAS” basic functions have household size hard-coded to 8. So no modder can prevent those functions from deleting extra Sims. However, there is a different “CAS Edit” that allows editing those large household sizes without losing extra family members. You would use that CAS edit rather than “Manage Household” or a dresser or a closet or a mirror or anything else. The safest thing to do is just use MCCC to edit the Sim rather than a Sims 4 method. The option for editing a single Sim in MCCC is "Modify in CAS". It is available in the initial MCCC Sims menu when clicking on a Sim in a household that has more than 8 Sims in it. It can also be found in the “MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS” path for any Sim.
  • IrkkuBayIrkkuBay Posts: 2 New Member
    i have a household of 6 people. 3 of them are cats. i want to have triplets but because of this limit it's impossible. i know i could put one cat up for adoption but i really don't want to. any help?