Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piano skill guide/Break down

peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
I plan to make one of these for each instrument and for writing and wood working (I would do painting but i dont know if i will have the patients for it...the piano skill has the potential to keep the bills paid for a starving artist we will see what kind of payments i can get out of each song after i fully finish this i will be updating this thread as soon as i get the chance. it took me 8+ hours to work threw this far mostly because i was waiting on the first license to get done but im tired and need sleep so ill throw this information out there for those early morning people.

Looking for more work at home ideas for your sims check out my other thread (still a work in progress) - forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787752/peoinees-work-at-home-ideas-and-crafting-skill-guides-in-game-work-in-progress

The Piano Skill

Test subject-
Name: Clint Block (shear coincidence randomized name)
Aspiration: Musical Genius
Traits: Music lover, Creative, Loner

Level 1

⦁ Piano options
1. Sit
2. Practice

⦁ Tips - 0

Level 2

⦁ Computer
1. Research Piano

⦁ Social
1. Rhapsodize about Piano

⦁ Stereo
1. Appriciate classical music

⦁ Tips - 0

Level 3

⦁ Piano Options
1. Pluck for Insperation
2. Play Song

⦁ Songs
1. Traditiononal
a. Grove Groove
b. O Oasis Springs
c. Oh My Darlin
d. The Lot of the Rising Sun
e. Willow Creek Ditty

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 6 Simolians

Level 4

⦁ Piano Options
1. Play Concerta

⦁ Songs
1. Blues
a. I Failed the Smoke
b. No Time for Now
c. Where'd the Day Go

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 8 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 8 Simolians

Level 5

⦁ Social

⦁ Songs
1. Romance
a. All my Hearts
b. For Bella
c. Ment to Sims
d. Relationship Bits

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 10 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 10 Simolians

Level 6

⦁ Social
1. Serenade

⦁ Songs
1. Post Bop
a. But I said so
b. Need Mor Information
c. Not the Best Location
d. Triage

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 12 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 12 Simolians

Level 7

⦁ Social
1. Promise to Dedicate Songs to Other sims

⦁ Songs
1. Latin
a. Let's go Down
b. Often I wonder
c. Saloon Sweathearts
d. Seriously Suave

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 14 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 14 Simolians

Level 8

⦁ Piano Options
1. Jazz up the place
2. Write Song

⦁ Write Songs - (More detailed further down)
1. A Lively Tune

⦁ Songs
1. Ragtime
a. Comparing Errors
b. The Nag Report
c. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it Out

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 16 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 16 Simolians
3. Write song = 2 simolians

Level 9

⦁ Mail Box
1. License Song

1. A Classic Pieace
2. A Whimsical Tune

⦁ Songs
1. Classical
a. Classical 1
b. Classical 2
c. Classical 3

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 18 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 18 Simolians

Level 10

⦁ Social
1. Mentor

1. A Mysterious Theme
2. A Jazzy Piece
3. A Improvisational Melody

⦁ Songs
1. Avant-garde
a. Social Positioning
b. Cue the Queue
c. PPT on Deck

⦁ Tips
1. Play Song = 20 Simolians
2. Play Concerta = 20 simolians

Emotional Options
Flirty - Tickle the Ivories

Writing Songs
First it takes about 8 hours to write a song. It is done solely at the piano and there is no writing skill required (just thought i would state that clearly in case anyone was wondering). If you stop your sim from writing the song, after they have already started, you can easily find the music sheet in your personal inventory. Just click it and select continue writing XXXX, as long as your sim is on a lot with a piano they will rout to the piano automatically. Unlike crafting skills the Piano skill does not cost any extra money after the initial purchase of the piano itself.

Once your sim Reaches LVL 8 in the Piano skill you will be able to write your first song. If you start this song before the halfway mark on your skill bar YOU WILL finish before you hit skill level 9, the song will disappear until you hit level 9 THEN you can go to the mailbox and license your song.

You are only able to license one song per instrument at a time here are the rules/steps to licensing
  • License before 10 am so you will get your first royalty the same day. Royalties pay at 10 am.
  • 7 payments will be made to you on the next 7 consecutive billing days...( start b4 10 am on Sunday you will be paid Sunday - Saturday,,,alternatively start after 10am Sunday you will be paid Monday - Sunday)
  • you can license your next song after 6 am the day after your last payment doing this will insure you dont have a laps in payments and get one everyday. (7th payment is on Saturday be up between 6am and 9:30 am Sunday to send out your next song.)

Song License payouts

I will be writing and licensing 12 songs, 2 of each type just to see if there is a price variance in them. I have given as much information here as i could think of for anyone wanting to break it down. Payments come in at 10 am automatically, you will get a notification of how much you got and for what song/book.

I have deleted this section because im keeping a google document updated and its easier to read. Please follow the link...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F5Jjl89shAjmUvQeisY9tNEL-ZbIds4PXy-Wwgw1rI/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited by peoinee on

Comments

• peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Im kinda surprised no one has commented...well i got a like anyway so at least someone looked at this maybe it was to late at night when it was posted...Im back in game working on it again and will update the royalties later tonight
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Thanks for doing this. I have yet to experiment with any of the musical instruments. This will be good to have when I get around to testing it out for myself.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Thanks for doing this! I've heard it's a week before you can license a new song.
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    My goodness.. Talk about detail. I'm assuming most of the careers are like this? I knew there was a benefit to that "Research Piano" option on the computer, but I never really used it. *Bookmarked*

Thanks for this.
  • TotalDramaSimTotalDramaSim Posts: 96 Member
    Nice
    @simsmommy05 no problem ya its taking alot of work and time to do but really if i start now during the base game i could possibly have a good set of guides and be able to expand on them as EPs add new ways to get money

@MVWdeZT I have checked the mailbox every day right after i get the payment ive gotten the 7th payment and on that day there was no option to relicence something and i have 2 or 3 (i lost count lol i was toooo tired when i was writing my notes last night) finished songs and im about to start my notes for the violin skill just so i have something to do while i wait on payments. This is a fully test sim so im not really "playing" him

@VonSims remember this is the SKILL not the career im doing the work at home type of guides for those who dont want to have an actual job. but ya i like details and you never know what one person really wants to know.

@totaldramasim thank you B)
  • TotalDramaSimTotalDramaSim Posts: 96 Member
    @peoinee Np. I'm quite sure it takes a lot of effort to compile all this info, with so much detail. :smile:
    And also i was very surprised to find out you can get tipped while writing a song in public while its not alot of cash making a few 2 dollar tips (each person tips this amount) helps
    @peoinee Np. I'm quite sure it takes a lot of effort to compile all this info, with so much detail. :smile:

Ya i purpously not using any cheats except motherlode so theres no reactions to the test subject im only using motherlode so i can just replace broken objects and pay bills when needed.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Thanks for this! I am going to start the Piano skill today.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
    @ericaduh NP, I wish the forum didnt reformat everything because i had it so it looked better and was easier to read but it said no and put everything to the left....if you quote my post (without actually reposting the whole thing) you can still see it i think
    Because My sim was not maxed out on skill and there is already a variance in the lively tune payments im going to probly make 1-2 more lively and classical songs just to check it.

im glad i will beable to finish these song then start working on violin so im not totally board for the 12-14 weeks of waiting on these royalties ill beable to overlap some of it and start the guitar to....maybe since i turned off ALL aging for this test i can run this sim threw almost everything...i already did some of the other skills like gaming but eh i can do that one on another sim and im not going to do cooking since there is already a good guide over @SimsVip
    Alright for anyone following this thread i have the first 2 songs (same type) finished. I have also updated the rules/steps to licensing a song now that i have had 2 songs to test the different ways out on.

I will be updating still as i finish up the royalty payments on the last 10 songs i will also send out the 1st song 2 more times to see if there is a change in royalties

Also By coincidence i found out there is certain options on the piano (and probly the other instruments) that are not in the skill notice these are mood based i will test with an inexperience sim later to see if they require a certain level to become optional but i will use clint here to find them all since hes maxed out now he will be able to see any option available to him. I will update each emotion as i find them.
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    This is a great idea, thanks for doing this, I hate sending my sims to a job and would rather they work from home.
    I had added a Google doc link to a song payment chart im working on and deleted the part of this post that had the song payments.Its just much easier to read and I can keep track of ALL instruments....please note at the time of THIS message I am still working on piano, waiting for each license, and just starting the violin skill.

Tell me what you think of it
    Link so you dont have to scroll up
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18F5Jjl89shAjmUvQeisY9tNEL-ZbIds4PXy-Wwgw1rI/edit?usp=sharing