Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piranha - help

Just need a piranha to complete that collection. According to Carl's guide, it can be found at the pond at the park at Willow Creek using small fish. My sim is at level 7 and have been fishing there or ages using small fishes as bait and still no joy. Can anyone who had caught the piranha please advise where, using what bait and at what level you manage to caught one please.

Comments

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2014
    My Sim caught one piranha while fishing in the big park in Oasis Springs. I think it was the fishing spot all the way to the back of the lot, not far from the mine entrance. Good luck!

To be honest, this only happened one time for me and I wasn't really paying that much attention. I was focused on getting a cowplant berry at the time. And I haven't seen another piranha ever since.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I remember catching a few not there but in Oasis Springs park. On the spot where you get also cowplant berries (all way towards the secret mine entrance).
    I used fish as a bait, but kill me if I can remember how many kilos that fish had. :)
  • klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you both. Looks like I'm in the wrong neighbourhood. Will try Oasis Springs park.

Hooray!! Caught it finally at Oasis Springs park. Thanks guys. :)
    Post edited by klena on
  • zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    I caught a Piranha today,at long laat, yay, in Oasis Springs Park. The small fishing spot at the back, where cowberries are found.
    I caught it with a Rainbowfish,
    Happy Fishing guys.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I had the same problem, but with the rainbow fish (and another one, I'm not sure but probably piranha too). My sim had level 10 on fishing skill and I never catched it. I tried again with another sim, with level 4-6 on fishing and bamm! Catched both of them.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I found the piranha with my first try. My Sim was level 10 fishing and she went to the small fishing spot at the back of the Oasis Springs Park. She used Koi as bait and caught a Piranha on her first try.
  • PrisciasPriscias Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Omg!! As what Carl's guide advise, I was fishing at Willow Creek Park Pond for god knows how many days (on Sims time zone)! I was tired of staring at my Sim fishing and thought to google on how to get the Piranha. After reading this, I immediately moved my Sims to Oasis Spring Park. Just within a few minutes, my Sim caught the Piranha! Woohoo! She used Catfish as bait. Thanks everyone!!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have never had an adult catch a piranha. Only kids using small bait with level 4-6 fishing skill. In my games the kids always catch them at the Willow Creek Park pond.

In one save I saw a townie catch a piranha and I was playing a single Sim so I moved the townie in. The fish in her inventory counted. lol They got married later.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have caught the piranha from the pond that's at the park in Willow Creek. It isn't your location that that's wrong, it's the type of bate that you were using. You use a medium size fish such as a bass fish for bate when fishing for a piranha. Plus you can also catch a piranha at the park in Oasis Springs as well. You just need to use a medium size fish as bate to catch a piranha is all. :)
  • DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    I usually catch a piranha in the pond in Sylvan Glade. I'll have to try these other places as well because my current sim is having a really hard time catching one this time.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    there's piranhas?
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I read the thread title like, "PIRANHA! HELP!" Like you were attacked by piranha and so I had to come see pictures of your sims being gruesomely devoured... man was I disappointed.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I read the thread title like, "PIRANHA! HELP!" Like you were attacked by piranha and so I had to come see pictures of your sims being gruesomely devoured... man was I disappointed.

you won.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I couldn't catch it over a week in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. I saw a thread koi is the best bait for Pirahna. So I caught it in the pond of Oasis Springs, and started fishing near Mine. Whenever my sim fails catching, I turned back to main menu without saving, and back to play mode for a couple of times. Finally I could get ONE!! Since that time, I still can't catch it with other baits like catfish, bass, sturgeon, etc... My sim caught a minnow using Rainbowfish as a bait. It was disappointed...
  • lily_alceelily_alcee Posts: 2 New Member
    What do you guys mean where the cowberries are found? Cowberries can be found in any body of water???
  • rrc1979rrc1979 Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2015
    While fishing you can randomly 'catch' a cowplant berry in several different places. I caught ten or so while fishing in Sylvan Glade. (I think that's the name, the hidden lot you access through the tree)
    Edited cuz I cannot spell. ;)
  • ToonXardionToonXardion Posts: 2 New Member
    I had been fishing for several weeks in game time. Read this forum and took a shot at the pool at the back of the park in Oasis Springs. Used an angel fish to get a rainbow fish, used that to get a catfish. Then I used the catfish and got a gummie guppy ( the flavor text says " Just keep him away the catfish") The gummie guppy was just a little over 10 kilograms and with it I caught the piranha! Took all of 5 minutes real time. Hope this helps. =D