Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can delete my initial blog (A Sage Amongst S.tupidity) from the blog page. I deleted that save.

If you are keeping track of family trees (I keep a lot of ISBI relevant info in bios, but use spreadsheet too) then here is my current family:

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#588ca747ce01cc6a65f9449d

(Cousins I added as toddlers via Manage Households, I move sims into their own places and customise their homes so my household gets invited out to a variety of homes occasionally)
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've found a few things are that are impossible to do without the Hand of God (HoG) in hard mode and these are the solutions I've used. Please let me know f they are acceptable.
    • Gardening: Sims can't plant into planters from their inventory. I got around this by having them place the "seed" in the world and then move it to the planter in build mode before getting them to sow it. The other option would be just growing it wherever they place it, but it would have to be placed on terrain.
    • Ice Cream: Any ice cream made always ends up in sim inventories. As these don't have a "Put away" action at all, even from the world, I figured it's OK to drag them to the fridge. The other option is wastefully letting them go off and the sim cleaning out inventory autonomously.
    • Produce/Fish: These have to be dragged between inventories as there is no "Put away" option. Produce would be OK left in inventory (except cluttering up the place) but fish would degrade without being dragged to the fridge or aquariums.
    • Sales Table/Gallery Wall: The only way to add things to the inventory of these items is dragging from personal inventory. If this is illegal then I guess I'll have to stick to selling to collector/from inventory for the basic profit.
    • Retrieving Toys/Books: I minimise HoG by dragging the object to my TH's inventory (to the icon on skewer) and having THEM place in world/put away the books/toys. The only alternatives are losing things when people move out with them, or finding them in the household inventory when they die.

I also figure any "Orange Circle" interactions (such as turning the stereo off and locking doors) that don't interrupt actions or require the sim to go to the objects are Player Actions and can be done while any sim is selected. Same with cancelling/locking in whims on NTH.
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    That's all fine. :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm adding a link here to the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge that's over on Carl's Forum. It's very similar to an ISBI Challenge except that the player can earn a "free day" on which to manage all the Sims in the household every time 10 points are accumulated.
    @MVWdeZT - I in fact just found that a few days ago and it definitely looks interesting. (I've also been reading your Straud Dynasty and it's hilarious :P )
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @MVWdeZT - I in fact just found that a few days ago and it definitely looks interesting. (I've also been reading your Straud Dynasty and it's hilarious :P )

Thanks! I'm really indebted to you for all the work you've put in on the ISBI Challenge. I've gotten so I much prefer controlling just one Sim, although it is a little nerve wracking when there's a baby or toddler in the household. But I figure we'll be ahead of the game when we get pets.
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @Lynnwood Have you given any thoughts as to earning points for getting character traits that came in the parenthood pack? Like 5 points for every good trait children earn and -5 for every bad trait they earn? Just a thought
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Just started this challenge the other day, so far it's only my foundering so it's been a breeze so far but the poll for a spouse will be coming to a close tonight and I can pick up from there. Then the fun will begin once he moves in and isn't under my control.
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    Question: When it says 'survive ten generations' does that mean play generations 1-10 (ending with generation 11 kids) or just have 10 generations of kids (ending with generation 10 kids).
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    @mojot89 - Hmmmmmm . . . that's a very good question. I think I might! Good suggestion.

@Luclylu - Wooo!! Good luck! May the self-wettings and pass-outs be few!

@RL - That's always been a bit up for interpretation, in this as well as regular legacies. I've seen it done both ways. I think OFFICIALLY the challenge 'ends' as soon as Gen 10 is born. However I like to play until Gen 10 is YA and would 'take over' from the next. So really, it's whichever you'd rather. :)
    @Lynnwood Thanks! Sure hope so but so far so good! Also, question about the milestone points. Do they get the point for each of the four milestones of that aspiration or a point for each sub-milestone (ie. paint 3 emotional paintings)?
    Each milestone, not for each requirement of the milestone (what you referred to as sub-milestones).
    @Lynnwood Thanks!
    @Luclylu - You're welcome :)
    Hi again!

The first chapter of The Schmitt Family - An ISBI is out if you'd like to check it out :)

https://theschmittfamilyisbi.wordpress.com/
    @Luclylu - Awesome, I'll add you to the readers list! :)
    Another question: I brought the family on vacation, along with kids who moved out recently. One of them started a fire, do I have to count that?
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • simbrinasimbrina Posts: 8 New Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th4lS-ycD-E&feature=youtu.be check out my new series of this challenge!
    Question, anyone else run into the issue of the ISBI spouse having no accidents and always taking care of themselves? I feel like his plumbob is more in the green then the Sim I control.
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Question, anyone else run into the issue of the ISBI spouse having no accidents and always taking care of themselves? I feel like his plumbob is more in the green then the Sim I control.

I have the exact OPPOSITE of this lol
  • ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »

I wouldn't call this an issue, I'd call it a blessing.

I have had sims who are pretty good at taking care of themselves. I don't have many fails (though I do have some) but my non-TH's generally wait until they're absolutely desperate before looking after their needs.

Hey all! Sorry for the huge delay in responses. I live in Florida, so I've been dealing with Hurricane Irma and its' aftermath. I only got power back 2 days ago and internet just 10 mins ago lol, but here I go to answer the q's!

@RL - Yes, you have to count that fire. It doesn't matter where the fails happen, they always count. :P

@simbrina - Awesome! We don't have many Let's Plays, I'll be sure to add you to the list!

@Luclylu - LOL as others said, not really a BAD thing . . . but I've found that the first few gens seem a little more able to take care of themselves. As the family continues, you might start to see more of those fails rack up.
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Hey all! Sorry for the huge delay in responses. I live in Florida, so I've been dealing with Hurricane Irma and its' aftermath. I only got power back 2 days ago and internet just 10 mins ago lol, but here I go to answer the q's!

@RL - Yes, you have to count that fire. It doesn't matter where the fails happen, they always count. :P

@simbrina - Awesome! We don't have many Let's Plays, I'll be sure to add you to the list!

@Luclylu - LOL as others said, not really a BAD thing . . . but I've found that the first few gens seem a little more able to take care of themselves. As the family continues, you might start to see more of those fails rack up.

Hope you're OK after Irma! And I meant that one of the YA kids who moved out started the fire - they weren't in my household. Do I still have to count that?
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    @RL - I'm fine. :) My house didn't sustain any significant damage and all of my family members are healthy and whole so that's the best I can ask for.

And in that case no, fails only count if perpetrated by a member of the active household.
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    Glad to hear you're ok @Lynnwood !!

As if three stories was not enough (and I know many others write more!) I've started my own ISBI challenge. I've been wanting to do one forever, and I thought blogging it would be a lot of fun because I have such a blast reading the blogs posted here! If anyone would like to check it out, I will link it for you! :)

The Crocker Family ISBI

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top