Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Oh wow there's a hard mode now! :o
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
  • Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 - Hehehe indeed! :)

I'm working on two other challenges but I'm itching to get back to ISBI now! Would it be okay to switch to the "hard" rules in the next generation? I'm not too keen on starting over.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 - Sure! Not a problem! I wouldn't expect anyone to start over mid-challenge, not unless that was something they WANTED to do. Cause that would just be awful lol
  • Options
    Small rules update for TODDLERS EEEEEEE. <3 Enjoy
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    5 points for each completed toddler skill, plus an extra 5 for completing all? Or just 5 per skill?

What about points for the Child skill boost reward traits (level 3 in each Toddler skill and level 5 in each Toddler skill, respectively)?

Need to update spreadsheet is all.

Does the game track dirty nappies/toddler pass outs or are they manual counts?
  • Options
    5 points per skill, and that's it, not an extra 5 for completing all. No extra points for lvl 3, or 5--only for completion (like other ages/skills). And toddler fails are manual counts I believe, don't think the game tracks them (to my knowledge, at least).
  • Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    You mentioned Pinstars trait generator, but I personally don't use it, and what I do use has a toddler update! Create a Random Sim can be used instead of a dice roll while waiting for the Pinstar one to update (if it hasn't been yet).

Also, whoever my poor gen 8 TH will be will have an even more difficult job than the previous ones. Toddlers definitely are going to be an interesting addition.
  • Options
    @ginnymalfoy22 - Thanks for that link! :) Good luck to your poor Gen 8 TH . . . may they get Angelic todds, and not Wild ones. :wink:
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I've started yet another legacy because I kinda messed up the other one I had. Accidentally removed tons of screenshots so yeah... Started this one august last year. Really wanted another try, since I've never finished a legacy before!

Here's the new legacy! :)https://thestapleslegacy.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    @Icewolf - Aww, sorry to hear about your previous legacy's ending. But grats on the new one! I'll add a link to the list!
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Icewolf - Aww, sorry to hear about your previous legacy's ending. But grats on the new one! I'll add a link to the list!

It's quite alright! :) And thank you! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Independent and Inquisitive tods are probably the best rolls for this challenge, I think, with Clingy and Fussy being the worst.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    OK, I believe I've broken Hard Mode rules by selling produce and collectibles from my sims inventories. (The only other way is to place each item in the world individually and sell from Buy Mode, again individually... Yeah, not happening.) You also can't put produce or fish in the fridge without dragging it. There's no "Stock" option like there is in TS2.

So I'm giving up on Hard Mode and going back to Regular Mode, and I haven't even finished Gen 1 (founding generation) yet.

I'm also way into negative points because I forget that my TH has needs too, she has passed out so many times... I think it's in the 40s now.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane - Nope, didn't break any rules. Manipulating your sims' inventory is fine (collectables, job rewards, etc). It's manipulating things IN GAME (such as dirty dishes, books, etc) with the Hand of God that is against the rules in Hard Mode. But by all means, play whichever version you most enjoy. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ah. OK, I misread that then. Well I'll see how I go. I haven't used any NPC services, so I'm still within the rules if that's the case. I think I might have repositioned a cake or two so that it would let me add birthday candles, but that's about it. They never seem to put it down right.

But like I said my TH is exhausted and passes out all the time, so I doubt it really matters at this point. Maybe she shouldn't have had 5 kids on top of an active Doctor career, but I really wanted the heir to have her aqua eye colour and thought it would be fun to have a near-full house.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Maybe she shouldn't have had 5 kids on top of an active Doctor career, but I really wanted the heir to have her aqua eye colour and thought it would be fun to have a near-full house.

Holy cow! I'd lose my mind with 5 kids in an ISBI! I never have more than 2. :D
  • Options
    @EmmaVane and @Rainydayz179 - Yah wow, 5 kids . . . that poor sim, lmao. I understand wanting certain genetics to carry over, though. In my Pollinations save, I'm holding out for Seven's green hair or other alien genetics in the heirs, if at all possible. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    They were well spaced out as the eldest had moved out by the time the 5th one arrived. I never had 2 babies at once. There wasn't a kid with aqua eyes until the 4th baby aged to a child, and the 5th was about to be born by that point...

Next gen I'm sticking to 2 (barring any multiples), especially now I have to deal with toddlers. Luckily these toddlers can learn on their own after some basic help.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane I've had uncontrollable toddlers in my drifter challenge save and I have to say they're twice as much work as controllable toddlers! I agree that only 2 is best. I might even do only 1 but that kinda takes the fun out cuz I like having the sibling visit and stuff after the next gen starts.

My ISBI is about to start the next gen but I haven't played it in quite awhile because I was bored with the TH. Now that vamps are coming out I dunno when I'll be able to get back to it cuz I made up a vamp challenge. :/
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Lynnwood Do we have to use Pinstar's trait generator? I've been using this one in my other challenges.

Another question... can I move out the previous TH and their spouse? It can't find anything in the rules other than that you can't control them. I'm assuming it's no.
    Post edited by StormyDayz on
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 - Nah, you don't have to use Pinstar's, just so long as the traits are randomized is the important part. And no, former THs and spouses are meant to stay in the house/on the lot until they die (of old age or accidents).
  • Options
    @Lynnwood Okay, I figured you'd say that so I found a new place with enough room for them too. It's been 4 months since I've played this save!
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 - Lol, good luck! :)
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Lol this hand of god thing is funny, until recently (like the last week or so) dragging and dropping rubbish and plates into the bin wasn't something I realised I could do, so I've basically been doing hard mode this whole time XD
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top