Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Mcafee anti virus cause problems with TS4?

My new pc comes with this.

Comments

• fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    It's what I've always used and I've had no security problems... My computers really slow but mcaffe has never had an issue you might need to give the game permission but that's normal enjoy your new computer!
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    McAfee should not interfere with your game.
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    edited September 2014
    I know if mines start scanning during gameplay it makes the game mess up.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think most AV software will work ok with The Sims with the notable exception of BitDefender and The Sims 3However, firewalls (including Windows Firewall) will usually try to block games often displaying a warning or outright blocking online access when playing games. I worked around this by turning off the firewall notification within Windows but some of you might be using 3rd party firewalls.

Edit: If Bitdefender is running, The Sims 3 will not start but Medieval will run. However, if I close Bitdefender, The Sims 3 will run.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    My new pc comes with this.
    Hey.. it shouldn't cause an issue, unless it does start scanning then your game will most likely lag.. every virus protection scanning will cause lag.
    For optimal performance I like to launch my game from a game booster.. it ends allot of background junk, razor game booster is what I am using now :
    http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/
    After your finished playing the game it will enable everything again.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Herb405Herb405 Posts: 13 New Member
    I play The sims 3 with about 6 add on game packs and all stuff packs included, on a Toshiba satellite L-50C.... with McAfee Total protection (bought) and McAfee Security Scan Plus, running for over a year.(yes it is very under the required standard I know!)... Before that, McAfee Livesafe. Apart from the internet security and Game slowing down my computer as well as The Sims 3 content Lag and buggy play, I had to add The Sims 3 to my security firewall permissions. I've experienced at least half the all the possible problems that are able to happen and I'm still managing to play the game (Don't ask me how many times I have uninstalled and re-installed every pack...).
    I must say I would like to try a different security with my new Acer F15 laptop on it's way with the Sims 4, but I've seen first hand how my partner has tried to take McAfee off the laptop to substitute it with AV, and After taking McAfee off he couldn't access the OS or even the internet etc. The whole Computer had been almost immobilized...
    Unless anyone knows of an unbelievably brilliant Internet Security and Anti Virus, that has no issues what with sims 3 as well as Sims 4, I would presume that all Internet / Antivirus Security Programs would have conflicts with most pc/laptop systems in one way or another ? This decision I'm making could run on to Months...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,587 Member
    Herb405 wrote: »
    I play The sims 3 with about 6 add on game packs and all stuff packs included, on a Toshiba satellite L-50C.... with McAfee Total protection (bought) and McAfee Security Scan Plus, running for over a year.(yes it is very under the required standard I know!)... Before that, McAfee Livesafe. Apart from the internet security and Game slowing down my computer as well as The Sims 3 content Lag and buggy play, I had to add The Sims 3 to my security firewall permissions. I've experienced at least half the all the possible problems that are able to happen and I'm still managing to play the game (Don't ask me how many times I have uninstalled and re-installed every pack...).
    I must say I would like to try a different security with my new Acer F15 laptop on it's way with the Sims 4, but I've seen first hand how my partner has tried to take McAfee off the laptop to substitute it with AV, and After taking McAfee off he couldn't access the OS or even the internet etc. The whole Computer had been almost immobilized...
    Unless anyone knows of an unbelievably brilliant Internet Security and Anti Virus, that has no issues what with sims 3 as well as Sims 4, I would presume that all Internet / Antivirus Security Programs would have conflicts with most pc/laptop systems in one way or another ? This decision I'm making could run on to Months...

I use Norton Security and it doesn't interfere with that game. Don't use McAfee. It stinks. XD I always get virus from a computer that has McAfee when I plug in my thumbdrive to save stuff and then I would have to throw the thumbdrive away after finding out that it has some virus or malware.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I'm actually starting to regret my previous praise for Mcafee on my previous 'novella' statement above..so here we go again...
    I have subsequently found a mass of adware and .exe files in my registry which has taken days to sift through.. This is from visiting sites like Softonic (Just 1 example) that are actually sponsored to inject adware into a system upon downloading anything from it.
    I think I'm going to try Kaspersky Total Protection 2018. It might come second to Bitdefender in antivirus but it looks like Kaspersky has best antimalware protection.. Apart from Bitdefender, it seems to beat all the others in antivirus comparison tests on other online blogs. And (from what I've read) after adding the sims 4 game / Origin into Kaspersky's list of trusted programs, it seems to be the easiest to control with least amount of 'Clashing' happening ?
    Bitdefender keeps flagging up msgs and doesn't work with Microsoft /other Antivirus firewalls and actually switches them off automatically as said previously which puts my guard up - who wants that happening and not knowing about it.. What's the point of having windows defender and a windows firewall then if your Antivirus won't work along side it. Surely that's a floor in a design that nobody wants to actually admit to?!? It seems one has to fiddle around with Bitdefender settings forever to get correct working balanced platform. Then there's Kaspersky that is Supposedly not compatible with Malwarebytes and Superantimalware / other anti malware packages, so does that means it's just a stand alone product that's strong enough to do the job without any assistance? yet... It only has about 80% antivirus protection rate compared to Bitdefender.... Something sounds wrong here to me..
    Why can't we just have a normal all round security product that protects the system 100% providing antivirus, antimalware, anti adware all in one, no questions asked, no settings fiddling and let's us get on with playing The Sims game(3 or 4) without having the stress of all this other stuff to worry about going wrong- before even setting up a laptop....My Sims 4 game arrived last week and I'm no better off now than I was before I ordered it.... Need to make a final decision.. Tick tock...Tick tock....time to save the world! Or maybe I should find a decent editor and publish a proper novel Or just take the plunge and do a paper/ scissors / rock for a security package and hope for the best.....Aaaaargh!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,587 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't know much about Bitdefender but like, I said, my Norton doesn't clash much. It still works even with the Microsoft Defender thing. I have had problems with Microsoft Defender but Windows 10 is just wonky. XD

Of course, I'm not saying Norton is the best and better than Kaspersky. I've read that some people think Norton's really bad. But overall, I think you should just be aware of the things or sites you download from and you should be okay. I'm not one who download a lot of things unless it's like pictures off of Google. :joy:

Kaspersky sounds like a good choice though since it doesn't clash with Origin. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I see what you mean. Amazing how easy it is to unknowingly get adware etc. I'm always reminded what a novice I am when I go and read some blogs online aswell
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Herb405 wrote: »
    I see what you mean. Amazing how easy it is to unknowingly get adware etc. I'm always reminded what a novice I am when I go and read some blogs online aswell

Hello
    I use Norton and find that it works good. Other simmers may though have issues when using it, but it seems to work okay with my computer.