Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error Code 0 - Will not let me save the game

Hi all,
Even though i have been able to save games on TS4 the last couple days it will not let me save anything and i have to start a new game every time. Please help! :'(

Comments

• ASHbec93ASHbec93 Posts: 20 New Member
    Also i get a message pop up saying i need to update my game for it to save? Cannot find an update anywhere
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think I read that someone with this problem solved it either by uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, clearing Origin cache, or using Repair Game. I forget which it was.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    thank you i will try these :)
  • Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    Yep something is wrong. I lost my load feature today, about an hour ago now. It was saving and playing fine all day and lost all my sims progress. -sighs-
    It's a pain i hope they sort it soon. Just re installing orgin, will let you know if it works :smile:
    So re installing orgin didnt work, re installing the game might have. it seemed to save if i click main menu n save but still says error code 0 if i do it any other way. Frustrating! :neutral_face:
  • Morrighan71Morrighan71 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have tried all those advices, and none of them worked for me.... *goes into a corner to cry*
    :-( Does it not allow you to place more than one item in build/buy mode either?
    Wasn't sure if its my laptop or not
  • jsmnbritt88jsmnbritt88 Posts: 1 New Member
    I thought it was just me. I really hope they get this under control because I haven't been able to play for a week now!!!
    edited September 2014
    Here's something to try:

Backup your Tray and Save files (or just move the folders to your desktop).
    Delete the Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 folder
    Restart the game from Origin
    If it's working in a new game for a while, add your old Tray and Save files back in so you can use them.

You might also look at this more detailed version that accounts for a possible bugged save: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12675022/#Comment_12675022
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Thank you i have finally sorted it by deleting my user account on my PC and going on to make a different user. It work :-D
  • jayne4scottjayne4scott Posts: 1 New Member
    ok so i had this error code 0 tryin to save and have fixed the problem i went to start/documents/EA/sims4/saves then delete all files in there go to game play and save problem sorted and if error code 0 comes again while in game just follow the past part enjoy
  • OceanicView452OceanicView452 Posts: 68 Member
    yes I had this problem too, I just moved all the files out of my save folder and then the game saves just fine.
  • Einat0021Einat0021 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I just want to say thank you ! I had this problem too and I just moved all the files out of my save folder to another one! <3
  • ImaLuvaOfThaWafflezImaLuvaOfThaWafflez Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank You! I Was Getting Worried! :cold_sweat:
  • BooCat104BooCat104 Posts: 4 New Member
    Exact same problems as me! Will that damage the computer?
  • simslover45simslover45 Posts: 20 Member
    i dont know how to back up help please
    i dont know how to back up help please

To back your Sims game files up, copy this folder somewhere:

My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

If you want to back up only the files that won't refresh themselves (this can be a good idea, as it can clear glitches out of your game by recreating lots of files fresh), go into that folder and pick out just these ones:
    Saves (but not the subfolder Scratch - delete that)
    Tray
    Mods
    Screenshots
    Custom Music
  • thesquid_simmerthesquid_simmer Posts: 18 New Member
    thank you so much, i had the same problem and could not solve it! I didn't plat the sims for a fortnight, i even uninstalled it but that did not work, until i came along this i was so happy that my sims 4 now works properly :p
  • champion_jirachichampion_jirachi Posts: 18 Member
    You, you could just remove slot 001 and try again since that likes to corrupt. That's what I do.
  • NekrofeliagirlNekrofeliagirl Posts: 7 New Member
    I reinstalled my game and don't have any of the save folders. Any fix for this issue after a reinstall?
    edited November 2015
    I reinstalled my game and don't have any of the save folders. Any fix for this issue after a reinstall?

The gameplay folders recreate themselves after you restart the game. Then you can put your old files back (assuming you backed them up). Normally, reinstalling doesn't wipe the gameplay and saves folders, though. Is that what happened?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member

Hello @Nekrofeliagirl.
    Are you getting error messages coming up when trying to play the game? Which error messages are you receiving when trying to play the game?
    Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps your issue,
  • MarshenMallow24MarshenMallow24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I had the same problem, when you click save game it comes up as error code 0 I tried exit to main menu and clicked save and it worked