Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Idea: The Rural Life

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
The Rural Life EP introduces a wholly rural world, new lot types, and new careers.

New Residential Lot Type: Farm. A Farm lot is residential plus it can have types of planting and buildings on it that a regular residential lot can’t. Sims can garden in their farms, as well plant field crops in fields, raise livestock, or keep horses.
  • Field Crops such wheat, corn
  • Garden Crops: large plots of vegetables
  • Chickens
  • Dairy Cattle
  • Farmed Fish
  • Horses
New Community Lots:
  • Farmers’ Market. Farming Sims and gardening hobbyists can sell their goods in the market and buy seeds, feed, and other farming goods. The better your seed, the better your produce and the more you can sell it for! City Sims might enjoy coming out to the country for the day to visit the market! Buyable market stands could be added to city parks for urban farmers’ markets.
  • Fairgrounds. Sims compete here in produce and livestock shows, play in old-school playgrounds (think swings and seesaws!), ride a merry-go-round or a small ferris wheel, and buy fried food and candy floss from vendors. The fairgrounds are open only on weekends.
  • Riding Centre and Race Track. City Sims can come here to learn to ride, and horse owners can bring their horses here to compete.
New Careers :
  • Farmer/Veterinarian (full-time)
  • Jockey/Owner (full-time)
  • Farm Hand (part-time)
New Skills:
  1. Riding, jumping, and horse training
  2. Food preservation
World: This fully rural, Midwestern-US-style world doesn’t need to duplicate city functions. Sims 4’s Sims can always go to another world in the same savegame for those! Its commercial district can instad be a country crossroads, with the Farmers’ Market and Fairgrounds and Riding Centre/Race Track, and a Community Centre or Cafe. The rest of the world can consist of different sizes of farms, some non-farm houses, a converted schoolhouse and converted barn, and a few grand country estates (some of which can be “farms” too so that they can keep horses). There would be a lot of collectables out in the countryside, and some of the best fishing! Some of the roads can be narrow and unpaved, and Sims could look out to sweeping views across the plains toward distant mountains.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by luthienrising on

Comments

• JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Sounds interesting.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Love it
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    A big yes to your idea.
    It is terrific and exactly what I love to see.
    This game is already amazing and with that it would be incredible.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Love this idea! :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Yes, yes, yes! I could not agree more to this idea!
  • WigginsWiggins Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2014
    Having just come back to the city after living and working on a farm, I must say that I love the sound of this!
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I've been saying this for a long time and I shall continue to do so; they should scrap the inevitable 'Pets' expansion and replace it with a farming expansion which also includes cats and dogs.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • faerieladyfaerielady Posts: 172 Member
    Sign me up! I am ready to pay for it. Today! LOL
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Sounds great! I think they should include cats and dogs and make a combined Pets/Farm Life EP. The TS3 store released so much successful farm stuff in the last year that a Farm EP seems not unlikely.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    The Rural Life EP introduces a wholly rural world, new lot types, and new careers.

New Residential Lot Type: Farm. A Farm lot is residential plus it can have types of planting and buildings on it that a regular residential lot can’t. Sims can garden in their farms, as well plant field crops in fields, raise livestock, or keep horses.
    • Field Crops such wheat, corn
    • Garden Crops: large plots of vegetables
    • Chickens
    • Dairy Cattle
    • Farmed Fish
    • Horses
    New Community Lots:
    • Farmers’ Market. Farming Sims and gardening hobbyists can sell their goods in the market and buy seeds, feed, and other farming goods. The better your seed, the better your produce and the more you can sell it for! City Sims might enjoy coming out to the country for the day to visit the market! Buyable market stands could be added to city parks for urban farmers’ markets.
    • Fairgrounds. Sims compete here in produce and livestock shows, play in old-school playgrounds (think swings and seesaws!), ride a merry-go-round or a small ferris wheel, and buy fried food and candy floss from vendors. The fairgrounds are open only on weekends.
    • Riding Centre and Race Track. City Sims can come here to learn to ride, and horse owners can bring their horses here to compete.
    New Careers :
    • Farmer/Veterinarian (full-time)
    • Jockey/Owner (full-time)
    • Farm Hand (part-time)
    New Skills:
    1. Riding, jumping, and horse training
    2. Food preservation
    World: This fully rural, Midwestern-US-style world doesn’t need to duplicate city functions. Sims 4’s Sims can always go to another world in the same savegame for those! Its commercial district can instad be a country crossroads, with the Farmers’ Market and Fairgrounds and Riding Centre/Race Track, and a Community Centre or Cafe. The rest of the world can consist of different sizes of farms, some non-farm houses, a converted schoolhouse and converted barn, and a few grand country estates (some of which can be “farms” too so that they can keep horses). There would be a lot of collectables out in the countryside, and some of the best fishing! Some of the roads can be narrow and unpaved, and Sims could look out to sweeping views across the plains toward distant mountains.

Cowboys need to be in there somewhere!!!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

Cowboys need to be in there somewhere!!!

Oh gosh, yes! Multiple styles of riding, and herding cattle would be awesome!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    This would be wonderful! Not to mention it being a fresh expansion we haven't already covered.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    If we can have some line dancing back like in TS2: psp Im all for it...
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    oooh! i love this idea! I owned the cows and chickens in s3 :D
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Love this!
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2014
    This might be a good expansion, but i think it would only work if the whole pets EP would be adsorbed into it, but a EP with only farm animals and farm life... nah... i'll pass.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • HollyyyyHollyyyy Posts: 20 Member
    I've wanted a farm type EP for so long! I agree with jonilla1 though, I think it would have to be part of a pets expansion. Love all your ideas though especially the new residential lot and the chickens and cattle :)
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    Horses without an open world = LOL

Rural life would have been a good TS3 xpac. I'm not feeling it for TS2 or TS4.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I like this idea. I also want Vacation, where they can go on a cruise or a tropical island.
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    A new thought perhaps they should have sheep and a loom and or knitting and sims can make new clothes or coverings for beds and stuff like that. :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2014
    @catmando830
    That would be awesome! And you could build a cruise ship yourself if you wanted to.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    I love this idea! I had the chickens, cows and tractor for sims3 and they were great!

@Viaxitov
    Horses could travel to the shows with you - just use your imagination to add a horse trailer lol
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    moongodess wrote: »
    I love this idea! I had the chickens, cows and tractor for sims3 and they were great!

@Viaxitov
    Horses could travel to the shows with you - just use your imagination to add a horse trailer lol

Yeah I'm still not buying it to have a horse in a Sims game with 50x50 max space for it.

Not even if you made it the subhood size. They didn't put horses in TS2 pets for a reason.

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I soooo want a rural EP- rustic world, cows, chix, sheep - canning, oh storage like a shed for root or a root cellar! more veggies, tractors, harvesting tools.

Seriously loved sims 3 store giving us many of these things but only an EP could take it to a better level
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    A new thought perhaps they should have sheep and a loom and or knitting and sims can make new clothes or coverings for beds and stuff like that. :)

I can't believe I didn't think of sheep for wool. Don't tell my family!