Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A public service warning

from reddit: the owner of Sims4forums is charging users to downloaded other people's mods that he posted on the website. These mods are free, you should NOT have to pay for them! http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2g7oiv/sims4forum_site_owner_stealing_mods_and_charging/

Comments

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    *download

I am using this on my phone and I'm struggling a little....
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    They charge for anything there... Even for having signatures and basic user rights. They've stolen images before and doctored screenshots just to get people to visit. It's a shady place that should be avoided at all costs, in my opinion.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    That's terrible. The only shady people I throw fistfuls of money at is EA.

And the government! :)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    people never cease to amaze me
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Wow that is dodgy. The site creator is looking shadier and shadier.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Someones about to get sued.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited September 2014
    That is reprehensible. Nobody should be making money off of it. Certainly, since the modders themselves are thusly restricted. It is NOT up to a third party who, (whether they realize it or not) are under the very same restrictions and therefore not allowed to make money off of it. A) It's not their work and B ) all Rights belong to EA. Plain and simple.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TullerionTullerion Posts: 84 Member
    wow. what a jerk =S thanks for the heads up, but honestly I'd never pay for a mod anyway.
    Feel free to add me to Origin! same name as over there *motions head towards profile pic*
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Oh yeah, that's the dude that was here posting his sig in the body of his post...I remember.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Scum is as scum does...
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Gotta love the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 he posted on his site:
    Glad you like it, and please be aware, I don't set the price, or get any of the money.
    The site adds the price & gets the cash to pay for server maintenance &
    all the other complex stuff they do to give us this marvellous resource. So by paying for it, you're helping keep the site up.
    Be proud! Also, apparently if you go VIP here, you can DL all the paid skins for free.

what a load of....

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    Well he only made 70 bucks... so I guess he can buy the sims 4 now. Until EA takes it from him.
  • RimbaudvogessiRimbaudvogessi Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2014
    [quote="agent_bev;784205"]from reddit: the owner of Sims4forums is charging users to downloaded other people's mods that he posted on the website. These mods are free, you should NOT have to pay for them! /[/quote]

I remember the "owner" of that site posting on the old Sims 3 forum, plugging his site as "official", trying to get as many people to join BEFORE doing this.

If it looks plum and smells plum, you can bet your crinkly canoozle it's plum!
    Post edited by Rimbaudvogessi on
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Gotta love the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 he posted on his site:
    Glad you like it, and please be aware, I don't set the price, or get any of the money.
    The site adds the price & gets the cash to pay for server maintenance &
    all the other complex stuff they do to give us this marvellous resource. So by paying for it, you're helping keep the site up.
    Be proud! Also, apparently if you go VIP here, you can DL all the paid skins for free.

what a load of....

Pixie dust!
    I've just looked at some of those downloads. I swear he's stolen everything he's added to that section.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I was over there (at their forum) last week or so..everything was free. I download the Nude bottom and its just a model with a skin color undies on..so I wouldn't not pay for any of that stuff..Be warned...
  • randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    I've just looked at some of those downloads. I swear he's stolen everything he's added to that section.

I hope they get shut down as quickly as possible. Even with a modder's permission, they shouldn't be allowed to sell mods. I think selling CC is legal as long as the creator gives permission, but... Mods? No.

• MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Sheesh! I've never been to that site, and now I know I never will.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!

I hope they get shut down as quickly as possible. Even with a modder's permission, they shouldn't be allowed to sell mods. I think selling CC is legal as long as the creator gives permission, but... Mods? No.

Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope of that happening. But I will cross my fingers.
  • Fidel_SarcastroFidel_Sarcastro Posts: 15 Member

Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope of that happening. But I will cross my fingers.

Sadly I have to agree with ya, site like that have been around for years. There have been sites like that since the very first sims game. Most operate just under the radar and offer mostly 18+ material. All people can do is show how disreputable these sites are and do the best they can to warn people about them as the OP has done and for that Thank You agent_bev for bringing this to our attention.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    In other words

This is your forum
    forum.png

This is your forum on drugs
    logo.png
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸! Thank you for the heads-up.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Isn't this illegal? It sounds like theft.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Isn't this illegal? It sounds like theft.

It falls under copyright infringement actually . Even if a modder hasn't officially copyrighted their mod its still legally copyrighted .