Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FLASH MOB FAREWELL PARTY -- CLOSED

ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, good night ........ Such an appropriate song and one of my favorites.

First, I want to thank all the wonderful people who have hosted flashmob over the past few years. I'd also like to thank all of the lovely participants. I can't express my gratitude for all you have done to make Flash Mob a success.

In the excitement leading up to and the release of Sims 4, participation in the Flash Mob has dwindled. Although I have not moved on to TS4, many have and are happily discovering a new iteration of the Sims. To those simmers, I hope all is well and, maybe, one day will join you (after several releases and updates). :-D Others have returned to school/college/university.

Change is the one constant in life -- sometimes for the better -- sometimes not. The saving grace is that we still have a community in which to chat and share. We also have new simmers who are just discovering a game we all love so well.

That being said, it saddens me to say that I believe our beloved Flash Mob needs a rest. With a sad heart (because I will miss the fun and anticipation), I am putting Flash Mob to bed after December.

Some may say, "It's only September. What about October?" My response would be that I have something special planned for the next 3 Flash Mobs. Let's give Flash Mob a party that most will remember fondly.

The party will begin September 18th (the day Flash Mob normally opens for the new honoree) and run until December 18th (I get to bend the rules). The party is open to all who would like to participate.

This Flash Mob is different than all others in that YOU, the participants, are all honorees, including the hosts. None of the previous rules about Flash Mob apply. *nods head solemnly* I can change the rules because it's my show. LOL

I ask that you all have fun.

We are now open for business.

*SINGING LOUDLY*

SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THANG
SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THANG
YEAH! YEAH!
SHOW 'EM HOW TO DO IT NOW!!

**************************************************************************************************************************

Well, folks, it's been one helluva ride. I can't express how much you all have come to mean to me or how much I appreciate your continued support of Flash mob for the past 3 years. We've had our ups and downs and still managed to make this community and Flash Mob something special.

Each month, before I handed Flash Mob over to the hosts, I asked them/you all to "take care of my baby". There is a saying, "It takes a village to raise a child.". This was my baby and you all were the village, whether you hosted or simply participated. It truly took a special bunch of unique people to keep this going, and, for that I thank you.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Please see below for your points and post a link to your wl, advising what you wish. If you wish to gift someone else, please post a link to their wl and state what you would like to give
yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
Post edited by ErnesaT on

Comments

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited September 2014
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME:
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM:
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM:
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?:
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?:
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?:

RULEZ (You knew there were going to be some):

1. BE NICE
    2. BE KIND
    3. BE PATIENT
    4. BE YOURSELF
    5. HAVE FUN

PRIZES:

You know me. Some of you have met my sidekick Sweet Tee. Our gifting guns are locked and loaded and we'll be riding through like maniacs. You won't know when we'll strike.

We will, of course, announce specific prize amounts for games and contests, we're not that sneaky. LOL
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited September 2014
    HOSTS:

Awwww yeah!!! There are hosts! If you have any questions about Flash Mob, please post your question and one of our lovely hosts will respond.

Your hosts for this party are:

Cmbaker16
    Katty0
    Corettabarajas
    thesims3boy
    YellowJane
    anettesb
    Emilzydiva
    LoobyLou1985
    XxHannelorexX
    Cassee

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited January 2015
    PARTICIPANTS & POINT BANK

Morakai: 375 (100 for clothes) :grinning:
    Sweet2: 825 (150 for food; 100 = clothes; 100 = monkey) :grinning:
    KleineMuff: 100 :grinning:
    2Mahawk: 50 :grinning:
    YellowJane: 200 (100 = clothes)
    Aaronsims: 575 (125 for food; 100 = clothes; 50 = cat) :grinning:
    Ivanna420: 50
    Sneakysnoo: 400 (100 for food; 100 = clothes) :grinning:
    Emilzydiva: 350 (50 for food; 200 = game) :grinning:
    Pixiegamer: 50 :grinning:
    Cmbaker16: 250 (200 = game) :grinning:
    Mmdrgntobldrgn: 75 :grinning:
    aprlm: 450 (100 for food; 100 = clothes) :grinning:
    Corettabarajas: 50
    Carmen0908: 350 (100 for food; 100 = clothes) :grinning:
    ZeChouett: 50 :grinning:
    Christinebremner: 175 (75 for food) :grinning:
    Loppie1988: 50
    TKbluebasketball: 50 (food)
    ciane: 375 (50 = sim)
    Daiyu: 300 (100 = clothes) :grinning:
    Puddinroy: 175 (100= clothes) :grinning:
    Schweighsr: 75
    LadyDarkMoon24: 125
    duyguugudur: 50
    Breemiles: 150

Banked for Finale

Cassee: 650 (200 for food; 100 = clothes) :grinning:
    Tanubanue: 50 :grinning:
    Rosemow: 75 :grinning:
    TnT_Terry: 50
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited October 2014
    GAMES & CONTESTS:

Game #1 - Ice Breaker -- Introduce yourself.

Game #2 - Party Venue -- we need a space. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12722177/#Comment_12722177

Game #5 - Decorations -- we need some

Game #6 - Party Clothes - Page 14.

Game #7 - Music & Dance Moves - Page 18
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    SPECIAL MESSAGES:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited September 2014
    VENUE HUNT:

Aaronsims HERE

Emilzydiva HERE

Sneakysnoo HERE

Christinebremner HERE
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited September 2014
    JUST IN CASE
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    Well this is where the link led me, so here is where I reserve a post :)

I claim this Post in the name of Flash Mobbers everywhere! ;)
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    I came because Ernesa brought me, and I don't know how to get home from here.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited September 2014
    #secrets #youcantknow
    Post edited by EmzyDalsvida on
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Your sitting in my spot!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited November 2014
    Game #1:

What am I?...A fun little game I thought of

What you do is think of something you could be like an object, animal, etc...Leave three clues and the next person has to guess what you are and than leave their own three clues. The clues can be as easy or hard as you like. I'll let it run a week :)

Ex.
    What am I? I'm Red, round, and can be drank from.
    Answer: A Red Cup

now I'll start you off...

What am I? I'm small, furry and can be a pet.

Winner: @Carmen0908
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    my spot o:):p
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    ...reserved :D
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    ....reserving a spot ♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    Game #1 ICE BREAKER:

Since this is the opening salvo, I would like you to begin by introducing yourself. Please use the Participant Entry form. Everyone that enters at this point, will receive 50 sp. Please indicate if you want to use or bank your points.

PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME:
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM:
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM:
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?:
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?:
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    No one interested, huh?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    I've never joined a flash mob before :blush: How does it work, other than filling in the participant entry form?
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

@sweet2 .... Previous Flash Mobs had 2 hosts who picked a deserving member of the community to honor. The chosen honoree was someone who either gave of their time, expertise, creations, encouragement or gifted others from the store. Prior hosts and honorees had to be known on the forum and have a decent reputation. We didn't tolerate beggars or flamers (those who start trouble... trolls). The mob was usually simmers who wanted to participate and liked the honoree.

However, this time everyone that joins is an honoree, including the hosts, except me, regardless of how long you've been on the forum. This Flash Mob party is to say good-bye to something we all love and looked forward to doing each month. It's my way of saying "Thank You" to everyone who supported us through the past 3 years.

I'd be more than happy for you to join. If you'll fill out the participant form, you'll be the first mobber. (Hint.... there is a prize for that).
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: Morakai
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: Sept. 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: Long time ago
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?: Oh yes
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Through my first contest I held for my 10yr cancer remission anniversary. You offered to help with points. Really got to know each other during FM for Stikystuff
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: A way to express m feelings for the kindness & friendship given by the honoree, as well as to the "mob". It was a way to join in, meet people, and sometimes ok to be a bit left of center. hehe :)

And if must give points, just bank for now. B)
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: Sweet2
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: June 4 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: March 2014 I think, was a lurker before
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?: No
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Just now :) Indifferent, though I suppose the ending of the flash mob could be considered bad.
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: N/A but I think it would have been fun to join in :)

Bank points for now :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

Morakai wrote: »
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: Morakai
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: Sept. 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: Long time ago
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?: Oh yes
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Through my first contest I held for my 10yr cancer remission anniversary. You offered to help with points. Really got to know each other during FM for Stikystuff
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: A way to express m feelings for the kindness & friendship given by the honoree, as well as to the "mob". It was a way to join in, meet people, and sometimes ok to be a bit left of center. hehe :)

And if must give points, just bank for now. B)

Well, well, well. You are our first participant. You get 100 simpoints. I will bank them for you. Thanks for joining.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: Sweet2
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: June 4 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: March 2014 I think, was a lurker before
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?: No
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Just now :) Indifferent, though I suppose the ending of the flash mob could be considered bad.
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: N/A but I think it would have been fun to join in :)

Bank points for now :)

Since you were technically our first participant (but Mori beat you to the form), you will also receive 100 simpoints. Be mindful that the points can only be used in TS3 store because 4 has no store. Your points will be banked.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    PARTICIPANT ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: KleineMuff
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: July 3, 2012
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: December 29, 2012 on the German forums and December 20, 2013 on the US forums.
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN FLASH MOB?: Yes :)
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: I think the first time I met you was when I posted in your "Write EA a letter about your TS3 experience" thread which was a great thread to express your opinions about EA. So it was definitely GOOD! :grinning:
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Flash Mob is a great event to give back some of the kindness and generosity we received from the honourees, to express our feelings towards them and having a big party with lots of fun! :grinning:
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

Welcome KleineMuff. You have 50 simpoints. Do you want to be gifted or bank them?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]