Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Ideas for a Generations EP

Comments

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I agree, Dreamie209 - hope IS all we have.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    bump :D thinking of some more things!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Wow I love your ideas! That could be a whole awesome EP right there! :) I'm hoping the guru's see it.
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
    @Anzil130: Aww thank you soo much! I'm hoping they're seeing this too. It's rather hard to keep this thread up sometimes, but I'm holding on to hope :D.
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • 15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    I love the behavior reviews. Made me giggle so much. They actually sound like the kind of humor found in sim games. :)
    edited September 2014
    @15MagPies: Hehe those reviews were sort of a mixture of one real-life review my older niece had gotten when she was very young in preschool and added a little bit of sim-fun too it. They were pretty fun to come up with though xD

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I was updating my idea list, just thought of this:

The Parenting System
    Okay, So the preschool can't do everything for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. There will obviously be some values in life that you will have to teach your child yourself. However, since your the parent, it's up to you to decide on how to raise your toddler. Praising your toddler when they learn how to walk and talk, and for helping you in the kitchen will aspire them to continue to do those things and become good children, smart children. However Praising them for smashing,breaking, biting, running around when they shouldn't will inspire them to also..to go into the destruction child xD. To prevent one or the other, simply scold them if their doing something you don't want them to do. You can also influence them to help you harvest items, maybe even help out with gardening,show them many objects that are probably mysterious to their eyes. these are good values for a Little Adventurer. Finally if you introduce your child to educational items like: T.V Programs, Coloring books, educational dolls, Baby Drums, Abc/Number Charts, and your child will be on it's way to a Little Eisenstein. It's also possible to have a toddler with the mixture of all 4 types, so your free to raise your child in any way you'd like. However of course, Parenting doesn't stop there...it's only the beginning (literary), your toddlers will continue out their personality through childhood. And like preschool, an behavior review will be given for elementary students, however unlike preschool can have great benefits or pretty annoying consequences. Having an good behavior in school could allow children to learn some hidden skill, teachers will be less demanding when it comes to late homework, also sometimes prizes can be rewarded. Consequences for bad behavior would result in detention, and voluntary work for the school, as well as a possible suspension if it gets worse. These behavior reviews continue into teen years until they graduate. Please note ofcouse, their separate for your child-teen's 'actual' grades, however if your sim's 'bad' behavior continues after highschool, the college may think twice of omitting them, though if they're grades are good it's possible for them to make an exception (it would be awesome to make this a risky chance for those with 'bad' behavior but good grades, like 50/50 for the school to say yes or no).
    bumpers ;D
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I would Like Pre-teens Too it would make Aging From kid to Teen Less Jarring.
    edited September 2014
    @Cynel1: I'd also like pre-teens. Though the only reason I haven't put them up on the list yet is because I haven't fully thought of some unique event/milestones for them yet. Something that would make the stage unique in their own right. That way they'll stand out perfectly and not be a copy of a child or teen. Something that really shows off that in between awkwardness of those tween years.

still thinking though :o but once I do they'll be up there.
    Well one idea would be that Pre-teens Could be awkward about romances and could learn to Cook on the oven.
    @Cynel1: those are possible too, though i'm wondering if it would be the same as the child & toddler learning to cook with their parents idea. I'm not sure, though I'll add it. I could definitely see "first crushes" and "First Kiss" and maybe a "Cuddle" interaction for awkward romances...but i'm not sure if it's different, I'm thinking of something to make it seem/feel more akward for them..perhaps giving them the teen's old "Mood Swings" I'm thinking..maybe. Hmmm I'm thinking though, my oldest niece would defiantly be inspiration for the pre-teens though lol

One thing I'm sure of is Middle school. I'm trying to think of what I used to do as a preteen lol but I think it was a mix-up between still loving to be a Princess and being a fashionista. Princess Fashionista ;o..I like that
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    @Cynel1: those are possible too, though i'm wondering if it would be the same as the child & toddler learning to cook with their parents idea. I'm not sure, though I'll add it. I could definitely see "first crushes" and "First Kiss" and maybe a "Cuddle" interaction for awkward romances...but i'm not sure if it's different, I'm thinking of something to make it seem/feel more akward for them..perhaps giving them the teen's old "Mood Swings" I'm thinking..maybe. Hmmm I'm thinking though, my oldest niece would defiantly be inspiration for the pre-teens though lol

One thing I'm sure of is Middle school. I'm trying to think of what I used to do as a preteen lol but I think it was a mix-up between still loving to be a Princess and being a fashionista. Princess Fashionista ;o..I like that

Princess Fashionista a aspiration Maybe.
    edited September 2014
    Update:

Pre-Teens and Shopping Mall
    • Added Preteen Aspirations
      -Princess-Fashionista
      - Preteen Idol
      - Fairy-Tale Crush
    • Added Family Shopping Mall
      - Family Salon for haircuts/hairstyles
      - Buy-able Clothes for All Ages (I wish it would be possible for babies...but i doubt it's possible)
      - hangout section for pre/teens
      - a playroom section for children and toddlers
      - a lovely lounge-ish like section for adults/YA
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    bump for the day, i'll be adding some more stuff.
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    Wow I love all the ideas in this thread! Great job everyone!
    akddFdd.gif
    edited October 2014
    @Freedomdeep: Aww on behalf of everyone and myself whose posted ideas so far, I say Thank you!

Also just thought of something too!

Objects
    • Slides
      - Children -Teen (and childish sims) can slide or goof around on the slide (be careful goofing around though they might get hurt! D:)
      - Toddlers can learn how to slide with the help of their sibling (child-teen) or adult relative (YA-elder). Once they learn, they can slide on their own.
      - Children - Teens can do their homework or hang out on the slide.
    • Swings/Baby Swings
      - Toddlers can be pushed on the Baby Swings with the help of a child-elder. This can also teach them how to swing.
      - Child-Teen (and childish sims) can swing in low, normal and high speed variations. This can also give them a +1 Energized moodlet.
      - Child- Teens can get their homework done and hang out on the swing. Preteens & Teens can have an exclusive first kiss on the swings too.
    • Sandbox
      -Toddlers, Children, and Preteens can play in the sandbox together and even socialize with one another.
      - Dragons, Castles, Freezer Bunny, and many other sand statues can be made. This also boosts creativity.
      - Mischievous sims (toddler-preteen) can wreak another sim's sand statue.
    • A Blow up Bounce House
      - Children can Preteens can boost their motor skills while performing neat jumping tricks!
    • Skateboard/Skating Ramps
      -Children, Preteen, and Teens can use skateboards at the skate park or around the neighborhood (if they make it a tiny bit more open).
      -Skating on Skateboard ramps will continuously help your child-teen more "shredding" skills while learning really cool tricks
      -Pre-teen and Teens with great "Shredding" skills should look towards being a 'Teen Skater" job.
    • Kiddy Pool (yeah I said it! lol)
      - This would be perfect for toddlers trying to get used to swimming, Parents as well as their siblings (child-teen) could teach them to like the water as their "swimming" level would also go up from experience.
      - Children who didn't have the swimming experiance will still have time too (in a more fun way xD), Parents/Siblings have the choice to teach the child sim how to swim the easy way or the hard way (like push them into a bigger pool lol)

Community Lots
      • Community Pool?
        - Since we are getting pools, I think I'd love for a "community pool" to make a come pack.
        - It could include a pool (of-course lol), a kiddy pool for the kids/tots, and other swimming objects lol.
      • Skate Park
        -The perfect place for Preteens and Teens to hang out and of-course practice on their "shredding" xD
      • After School Community Lots (Child -Teen)
        - Ballet
        - Sports
        - Girls/Boy Scouts:
        - Debate Club: It would be sweet to see the sims actually debating over random things and allow it to boost charisma
        - Music
      • More Custom Wedding Lots
        - Royal theme
        - Victorian/Gothic theme
        - Old Greek Theme
        - Casual theme
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Love your ideas! Especially the amount of detail you put into the toddlers. If EA did something like that, it would be the perfect comeback for not having toddlers in the base game.
    @kerryn96: Thank you! I really hope they can add these features into a EP. I know it's alot, but it would be simply amazing if they did. I've wrote so much on the first post that I'm actually unable to write anymore on there (reached my 2807 limit). I'll continue it in my posts though.
    bump
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    as for you Community College idea it would work Well with my College EP idea i had.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/790223/ep-idea-sims-4-campus-days?new=1

Hmm interesting ;o

• unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    This is great @Dreamie209
    I would definitely get TS4 if only just a few of these are added! :D
    edited October 2014
    @unluckyneko16: thanks! and that's what i'm hoping for, helping those who are still on the fence about TS4. I understand 100% and I believe these improvements would help the devs and the game itself greatly.
    Idea have some elements From sims 2:freetime like Hobbies and have sims Friends age up when a playable Sim has a Birthday.
    @Cynel1: Yeah I've been playing TS2 alot as well. Hobbies were indeed great. But I'm trying to see where I can implement it at the moment. I'll find some where though. Friends aging I can see though ;o