Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Winklecheek Legacy (UPDATED! CHAPTER 1.3: A LABOR OF LOVE IS UP)

BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
Hello everyone! While I've never actually completed a Legacy Challenge before, nor have I attempted one where you couldn't cheat and have a nice house from the get-go, I figured with the release of the Sims 4.....I'd finally give this particular challenge a shot and try to "challenge" myself in the process. :D Anyway, I just completed the first chapter of my little story....it's pretty picture heavy and has a lot of words (got a little carried away, that happens a lot with me...) but it was fun to write up, nonetheless and I'm enjoying the challenge so far.

Founding Sim: Donny Winklecheeks (made by aholladay)
signature2.pngsignature3.png

chapt1.pngChapter 1.1: Humble Beginnings
chapt2.pngChapter 1.2: I Can Make You Love Me
chapt3.pngChapter 1.3: A Labor of Love

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
Post edited by BlindxSecrets on

Comments

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I dig it! :D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Love the sim you chose! He is super cute!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Thanks, both of you! I really appreciate the fact that you even took the time to look at my post. :D@xitneverendss He's in the gallery if you want him, under the origin ID aholladay. I loved him so much, thought he was really unique looking. I'm really curious to see what his babies will look like.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited September 2014
    @BlindxSecrets Thanks for the info! And I'll definitely be following your story :) Rooting for Donny and Zoe to make beautiful babies hahaha

Oh and I lol'ed for a good two minutes at Donny's angry face :joy:
  • Metznmbr2Metznmbr2 Posts: 17 New Member
    Donny's angry face is something else O.o Love the story! Very funny :)
    He married a looker! They look nothing alike so it's gonna be real interesting to see their spawn. :D
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    awesome stuff!
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    LOL!
    Love it!

humblebeginnings26.png?w=1180
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hi! love your legacy founder, great start! :lol: at the "you are how old?" face :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    I completely agree with you on the TS3/TS4 comparison. I don't mind the loading screens either because the game actually RUNS now. No more lag! It actually feels more like a completely new and rethought game rather than a copy/paste. I appreciate all the completely redone animations too. :)

Your story is great btw, keep it up!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
    He married a looker! They look nothing alike so it's gonna be real interesting to see their spawn. :D
    Zoe is such a pretty Sim. I'm grateful for that potential new rule that let us marry Sims in households, otherwise she would have been off limits. They really are complete opposites in the looks department though, and I can't wait to see their kids. I'm really curious how the genetics will work with them....especially since S4 is better than S3 in that regard, IMO. My Sim's kids in 3 hardly ever looked like them at all. That doesn't seem to be the case in 4! Thankfully.
    Solar_Cat wrote: »
    I completely agree with you on the TS3/TS4 comparison. I don't mind the loading screens either because the game actually RUNS now. No more lag! It actually feels more like a completely new and rethought game rather than a copy/paste. I appreciate all the completely redone animations too. :)
    YES. S3 lagged so horribly for me, especially CAS and picking outfits. I love assigning outfits to Sims and changing them every once in a while to mix it up, but in S3 that was almost impossible because it took over 20 minutes to load one section, like tops. Lmao. It was crazy and I love how optimized S4 is, I just hope it stays that way after they introduce more expansions and stuff packs. :S I agree, it does feel like a completely new/rethought game, the emotions bring so much more to it. I'm far more attached to my Sims in 4 than I ever was in 3.

Thanks so much everyone! All these comments make me want to get started on the second chapter....I have some catching up to do. :D
  • DawnEnigma1DawnEnigma1 Posts: 61 Member
    enjoyably entertaining :D I'll be reading more, thank you for sharing
    <3
    Okay, Chapter 1.2 is finally up. Life got the better of me and really limited my Sims time, so it took a bit for me to complete it. But it's up! *wipes brow* Thanks to everyone who is still reading. :D
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Love it! Stalker Zoe is awesome too.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
    Fabulous, dahling! ;D Can't wait for more!
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Great story! Zoe is very pretty, even if she is a crazy stalker :D
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • DawnEnigma1DawnEnigma1 Posts: 61 Member
    Can't wait for the next installment :D legacy babies!
    <3
    Thanks all! :D I'm going to try and get another chapter up in the next day or two. They have two kids now, so I'm really lagging behind. :S
    Alrighty, Chapter 1.3: A Labor of Love is up now! Slowly but surely, lol.
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    LOL His dad freak out was priceless! Would have loved to have seen it in action, but then I probably would have fallen out of my chair laughing.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    Great update. :D
    simbody872 wrote: »
    LOL His dad freak out was priceless! Would have loved to have seen it in action, but then I probably would have fallen out of my chair laughing.

LOL It was beyond priceless. I wish I had recorded it so I could have made a gif. Blasted hindsight!
    @FloorRaisin Thanks! Going to start working on the next chapter today, I hope...
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Well. It seems I'm developing a bit of a crush on Donny Winklecheeks. I keep thinking about the way he looks at his wife! That smile!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea Awww, he's an adorable little weirdo, I swear it. He and Zoe are really in love though, never had two Sims quite so in love before (all on their own).