Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby boys VS girls?

I've read that many only get boys after their pregnancy, so i had no hope getting a girl, but i did! I got two boys in a row, then a girl. The only thing i did different were that i did not dance to music her entire pregnancy. So my question is: how do you choose/determine the gender of your unborn child? Can it be true that dancing is involved? What are your experiences?

Comments

• jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    I don't know what to do as my main save has 5 boys.I have 2 other games and the also have boys.I am wondering if it's a bug.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    > @jermani said:
    > I don't know what to do as my main save has 5 boys.I have 2 other games and the also have boys.I am wondering if it's a bug.
    I think that someone said there's 20% higher chance for boys to come out right now for some reason.
  • Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    I seem to get all girls LOL what is the chance.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    My sim has had three girls, though the last two were identical twins. Going to have them have one more baby, we'll see if that one is a girl too.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Well, in my game there have been 4 pregnancies so far. The first one was a girl, then twins (one boy, one girl), then a boy and the last one was a girl. So, my ratio is 1:1. ;)
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have two boys and a girl so far. It was boy, girl, boy. She's expecting again so it'll be interesting to see what she has this time.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    i have had a mixed bag really
    one sim has had twin girls, then twin boys and then a girl.

another family has had a girl and then boy
    and her husbands sister has had a girl.
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    SimGuruGrant said yesterday there is no way to determine what a babies gender will be. It is just a 50/50 chance.
    vht3wy.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well one of my family had a boy and now this family has a girl, I will not know until Amy their little girl gets married because I only play one child to a generation, I will then see if she has a boy.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2014
    Attention, please!

Anyone with gender issues in their games please report it over in this thread at Answers HG (this is Crinrict's bug reporting forum.)
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Having-babies-all-the-same-gender/m-p/3463793#U3463793

Right now Crinrict is discounting questions about gender as not a bug. The more reports the more likely it will be noticed.

Here is my issue. I have only had one sim baby. A male. He aged up to child and now all the sim children in the neighborhood are boys. There are no girls to play with.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    My sims family i played had 7 girl descendents before they had a boy. Then the next one had one of each so i think my game is not bugged. I seem to get twins frequently like 1 out of 3 times.
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    I had two boys with my first generation. Then one of those boys got married and they had a girl baby. Graham said yesterday it is not a bug. It's just randomized. I know in TS3 I had lots of boys at first as well. It was claimed that the baby's gender was generated to go with the population of the world. So, if you had lots of girls in the world, you'd have boy babies to try to even it out. Not sure if that's the case in TS4.
  • SimsFreak2387SimsFreak2387 Posts: 118 Member
    It's totally random. My main family had 2 girls, twins(girl/boy), and then another girl. Another family had a boy, twins(boy/girl), and a girl. I've had similar outcomes in the Sims 2: Lilith Pleasant had four girls and in another game Daniel Pleasant had 5 sons with Nina Caliente.
    <3I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here. <3
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    bngbedard wrote: »
    I had two boys with my first generation. Then one of those boys got married and they had a girl baby. Graham said yesterday it is not a bug. It's just randomized. I know in TS3 I had lots of boys at first as well. It was claimed that the baby's gender was generated to go with the population of the world. So, if you had lots of girls in the world, you'd have boy babies to try to even it out. Not sure if that's the case in TS4.

Why would the game randomize all the children in the neighborhood to be one sex? That isn't right.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Pvt_BoogerPvt_Booger Posts: 30 Member
    I got three girls one after the other. It's completely random I think, not something which you did specifically. Just keep trying I guess...
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I'm pretty sure the gender of the baby is random. It just might be bad luck that you are having all boys.
  • evewhiranevewhiran Posts: 10 New Member
    For the record my sims have had one girl and one boy.
  • MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    It was stuck in a loop for awhile. My first test family had all boys. She was pregnant five times. The first five kids were boys. Even when she had twins they were both boys. I had her try one more time and it was a boy again. I almost gave up but was like eh what the heck. And boom she finally had a girl. Now with this new family I'm playing she had two girls back to back and was trying to for a boy. She had twins and they were both boys. So now she has two girls and two boys and I'm so done with trying for a baby!
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    My other family only had two children, and both were boys (twins). :D
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    My legacy challenge founder had a boy, then a girl, then twins (boy and girl) so I've got a nice even mix. That's all the family play I've done so far though.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2014
    SimGuruGrant posted in another thread yesterday that there is no way to influence the gender of a baby during pregnancy. Music doesn't work. Watching TV doesn't work. Certain foods don't work. There is a 50:50 chance of each gender as the outcome. And it would seem from other Simmers' experiments that gender and number of babies are all determined at the time of conception. Just like in real life.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My regular game my sim had a girl. In my personal legacy challenge that sim had a girl first, then a boy. None of my sims have danced to music and I can't think of one single thing I did differently in any of them.

I'm starting a new legacy tomorrow that I'll be sharing on YouTube and I'm sure she'll be pregnant in no time. I'll try to report back what she has, as well.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    My legacy has had 9 pregnancies, 4:5 ratio [G:B]. Generation 2 babies were G, G, B, G, B. Generation 3 babies are B, G, B, B. I feel like it favors per generation. I'll get to gen 4 today to find out lol
    giphy.gif
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I remember in TS3 how i was getting boys the whole time and never a girl and thought it was a bug. Afterwards i realized it was the apple pancakes my simmie kept eating every morning.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I found this thread last night: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12638096/

I hope the bassinet thing is true.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/