Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck with Romantic trait. Please help!

Hey guys so I decided I wanted to change my sims traits by going into CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat. I removed the romantic trait, but now my sim is stuck with the tense moodlet because she hasn't gotten any romantic interactions in a while. How do I stop this?
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Comments

• Options
    Pavel69NovotnyPavel69Novotny Posts: 11 New Member
    This is happening to me too with other traits - specifically loner and noncommittal. I went into CAS and changed the traits to others that I wanted for those sims, but they keep getting the trait effects from the removed traits.
  • Options
    I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    One of the gurus mentioned this with the new patch I believe. It doesn't properly replace the traits or something.
    I'm the queen bee
  • Options
    Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am not sure if this will work but by entering a cheat it may get rid of it:

traits.remove_trait nameoftraittoberemoved

Example:
    traits.remove_trait SteelBladder
  • Options
    Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    Eef97 wrote: »
    I am not sure if this will work but by entering a cheat it may get rid of it:

traits.remove_trait nameoftraittoberemoved

Example:
    traits.remove_trait SteelBladder

Thank you very much. I will try this out next time I play.

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• Options
    The remove trait cheat doesn't seem to fix the problem. At least not for Loner or non-commital (CommiotmentIssues).

Is there any way to get the game to list the traits that are affecting a sim? I want to see what traits are hidden and see if there is any way to remove them.
  • Options
    Woo hoo - finally got it to work!

In order to remove a trait you have to use AutomationTestingCheats true instead of just testingcheats true. Once you do that traits.remove_trait will work

Now if I could just get a list of traits that are applied to each sim I can remove the ones that aren't supposed to be there.
  • Options
    Ugh - looks like I spoke too soon. That doesn't get rid of Loner either. :P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The remove trait cheat doesn't seem to fix the problem. At least not for Loner or non-commital (CommiotmentIssues).<br />
    <br />
    Is there any way to get the game to list the traits that are affecting a sim? I want to see what traits are hidden and see if there is any way to remove them.

Sounds like the cheat only works on the traits that are gained through the Rewards Store, not the ones you assign at the beginning.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    erintheinvadererintheinvader Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm 2 years late to this conversation, but I found this thread today because I had the same issue. Had created a sim with the Non-Committal trait and decided to remove it, but he was still getting the tense moodlet from having the same job for too long (though oddly enough never got tired of his girlfriend?). Anyways, if anyone is still having this issue/comes upon this trying to find an answer, try this cheat: sims.remove_all_buffs

Worked for me, hope it works for you too!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigh another bug caused by a patch.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I still have this problem when I change a sims traits.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    I still have this problem when I change a sims traits.

Hello
    Try using the cheats
    testingcheats true
    traits.remove_trait traitname
    and see if that helps.
    If you still have issues after doing that , try adding the trait, traits.equip_trait traitname
    then removing it again and see if that helps,
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I've found that it goes away on its own after awhile. I have a Sim that I removed the Genius trait from, and he used to get tense from "lack of mental challenge" or something, but after awhile he stopped getting the debuff... Maybe after a few Sim weeks? Another Sim i removed Non-Committal and she eventually stopped getting tense from "Feeling Trapped".
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    same problem here ;_; I tried to use traits.remove_trait Romantic but nothing happen
    still tense from Romantic trait lovelorn :neutral: