Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life and Times of.... (Grand Finale Double Feature, Thank you for Reading :) )

Comments

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I love reading their story! I feel the same way about mine sometimes, but that just happens when you're in between!
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    And time for today's episode of.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

For clarification I would like to point out that I meddled with the world a bit for this update. Part of Ashley's comedy issue stems from the fact that sims get distracted by things like dancing to music, and since they are dancing and not watching her performance she makes no money. So before starting this episode a modified the lounge to remove the wall speaker that was next to the mic. So we will see if that helps.

Now on with the show.

When we last left our golden locked couple I was like "this is getting a touch dull with their normal routine" and the game was like "repetive? Well how about BAM the reaper is at the comedy club" and I was like "O.O that's new" and Ashley was like "who cares, he's watching so that means I get paid :smirk: "

Or something like that :p

cassidy-wakes-first.png

As the new day begins Cassidy is the first one up for a change.

fixing-breakfast.png

So she takes the opportunity to shower and get dressed before starting on breakfast as she usually does.

enthusing-about-food.png

She's really gotten good at cooking as Ashley can't help but enthuse about how delicious breakfast is. Then again that could just be Ashley buttering her up in the hopes of some morning fun before Cassidy heads to work :p

watch-tv-together-before-cassidy-has-to-go.png

Sadly Cassidy doesn't have long before work and there's no time for any fun in the bedroom so they settle for cuddling together on the couch and watching some comedy until Cassidy has to leave.

gardening-time.png

After Cassidy leaves Ashley gets to work on her garden. It's a good thing she has her garden because with all the ups and downs with her comedy the garden is a good consistent source of income.

krystle-comes-to-visit.png

After she finishes she gets dressed to go to the lounge to do her routine when she runs into Krystle on the porch before she even has a chance to knock.

invites-her-to-comedy-club.png

The two chat for a bit and Ashley invites Krystle to join her at the lounge, worst case at least Ashley will have a friend to watch her routine as opposed to the increasingly common nobody.

krystle-thinks-shes-good.png

Krystle enjoys Ashley's comedy. She's the only one who does, not because people ignored Ashley's performance but because nobody was there.

It turns out that there is a bug in the game with generic lots. As I said earlier I removed the speaker, the catch is that when you have a venue or are creating a venue there is a list of things that have to be there, such as a lounge requires a stereo of some description. So by removing the wall speaker the lot became a generic lot (pretty much the same idea as sims 3 "visitors allowed" lot type except due to the bug npc sims won't go to generic lots :\ so thanks to this Krystle and Ashley were the only sims there. But luckily since Krystle watched Ashley's performance she still got paid for her routine by the invisible proprietor that in my mind is the one signing the paychecks for comedy performances. She ended up making a good amount as well since her new medium length routine earned her a whopping $125 on it's own

After I finished I went into build mode and added the speaker back to the lot though I put it at the other side of the room so that hopefully sims near Ashley will be more likely to watch her.

chat-with-krystle.png

After finishing her routines Ashley chatted with Krystle for a bit before saying goodbye and heading home.

clean-house.png

Once home Ashley decided to do some house cleaning (she cleaned the toilet, counters, cleaned out the fridge, and took out the trash) so Cassidy wouldn't have to come home and worry about it.

refines-her-new-medium-routine.png

After finishing up she settled down at the computer to refine her routines from feedback she got from Krystle.

find-ashley-hard-at-work.png

Cassidy came home a couple hours later to find Ashley hard at work.

work-wont-get-between-them.png

But Ashley is happy to stop for the day. Cassidy is more important than work any day.

cassidy-prepares-dinner.png

Cassidy prepares dinner.

cassidy-talks-about-her-day.png

And the two talk about their respective days over some nice bowls of chili (I have to say chili sounds amazing right now since it's continued to snow out here in Colorado)

Back to the girls and not me though, it seems Cassidy had another long day at work. She did get her promotion but she also had an embarrassing moment at work and ended up having a bad day because of it.

ashley-knows-how-to-cheer-her-up.png

Ashley knows how to cheer her up though :)

conflict-of-interests.png

In fact Ashley has multiple ideas on how to help Cassidy forget about her rough day at work ;)

Admittedly it's kind of a conflict of interest since Ashley's "ideas" aren't completely for Cassidy's sake. Partially for Cassidy's sake sure but Ashley has a vested interest as well :p

not-that-cassidy-minds.png

Not that Cassidy minds. (she really didn't mind as they woohooed four times. They kept finishing and immediately got the want to woohoo again :p ) By the time they were done I was just like okay you two give it a rest already and get some sleep.

and that's it for this update.

What will happen as we continue?

Will my new idea of moving the speaker to the other side of the lounge help? (at least it can't be worse than generic lots making the place a ghost town)

Will Cassidy and Ashley have the energy to even get up in the morning after their "antics"

Will I ever stop abusing quotes? (Not a chance in plum :p )

Find out when we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    Your in luck if you want more....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple my plan to try and reduce the ai distraction while Ashley does her comedy backfired (though in my defense nobody was being distracted, nobody was at the lounge at all but that still means they weren't distracted :p ). Also Cassidy had another rough day at work which Ashley happily helped cheer her up from, over and over and over and over.... :p

start-of-a-new-day.png

And as we start a new day Ashley is still in a good mood from her fun with Cassidy the evening before.

Cassidy has a day off today so Ashley lets her sleep. Considering the rough time she's had at work recently she's earned a chance to sleep in.

400.png

Ashley heads outside to tend to her garden. She has a bunch of plants evolve as well so her garden is improving nicely :)

day-off.png

Meanwhile Cassidy wakes up and is ecstatic to have a day off to relax rather than having to deal with work.

french-toast.png

But she still has some things she has to do. If she doesn't make breakfast Ashley might, and that would not be conducive to a relaxing day, unless your idea of relaxing is a potential trip to the hospital for food poisoning :p

good-morning-beautiful.png

Ashley finishes up her gardening just as Cassidy finishes fixing breakfast and gives her lovely wife a good morning kiss.

delicious-as-usual.png

And then the two happily enjoy Cassidy's delicious cooking.

practice-her-guitar.png

After breakfast Cassidy decides to enjoy her day off by playing a little guitar while Ashley washes off the dirt from her morning gardening.

enjoy-your-day.png

And it's time for Ashley to head down to do her routines and hopefully bring home some more money.

Cassidy offers to come along but Ashley insists that Cassidy just enjoy her day off. There is no need to disrupt Cassidy's relaxing day at home.

wild-sage.png

As she arrives at the lounge Ashley spots some wild sage nearby, there's an empty spot in her garden so Ashley picks it before heading inside.

confidence.png

One thing you can say for Ashley, even though whether she gets paid is a back and forth annoyance she's definitely become confident behind the mic.

dominick.png

And she gets some people watching including her father in law Dominick Hutchinson. He seemed happy to see his daughters wife doing so well at her chosen career :)

But he has to go before Ashley finishes her routines for the day so they don't have a chance to chat, but it was nice of him to watch at least part of her performance :D especially since that means she will get paid today.

writing.png

When Ashley gets home she finds Cassidy on the computer, but she isn't practicing writing for work, she's writing a short story.

teasing.png

Ashley teases Cassidy slightly about it but Cassidy seems upset.

Surprised by Cassidy's behavior Ashley pulls her outside to sit on the bench together and make sure she's okay.

Cassidy reveals that she initially just started practicing her writing for work, but as she did she ended up writing a short story and was really enjoying it. Enjoying it a lot more than the writing she does for her job.

wants-to-quit.png

She explains that on the spur of the moment because of this she decided to quit her job to try to be a writer but once Ashley had gotten home she realized how selfish that was and how much stress it would put on Ashley to be the sole source of income, especially given how rocky Ashley's comedy career.

Cassidy feels really bad and is afraid that Ashley is going to be mad at her for being this selfish without talking to her first and for just dropping the pressure on her after Ashley already works so hard as it is.

dont-get-all-serious.png

Suddenly Cassidy is caught off guard as Ashley starts tickling her and telling her not to be so serious.

i-work-hard-so-you-can-be-selfish.png

Ashley takes Cassidy's hands in hers and looks her straight in the eyes. She tells her the reason she works so hard is SO Cassidy can be selfish.

She wants Cassidy to be able to have what she wants and live the life she wants. So if that means shouldering the burden of supporting both of them for a bit she's okay with that. Cassidy's happiness is what she cares about the most.

happy.png

Ashley leans over and kisses Cassidy before telling her to just do what makes her happy and she will stand by her no matter what that is.

together-forever.png

Cassidy hugs Ashley relieved that she isn't mad at her.

She then starts to head off to fix dinner but Ashley stops her.

sleep-with-an-author.png

Ashley smirks as she tells Cassidy that there's also a certain allure to sleeping with a famous author.

Cassidy laughs, Ashley will have to wait then since Cassidy isn't a famous author right now.

passionate-kiss.png

Ashley clearly isn't a fan of waiting.

close-enough-for-ashley.png

She's just looking for any excuse she can find to have fun with her wife ;)

forget-dinner.png

And with thoughts of dinner completely forgotten Ashley drags Cassidy back to their bedroom (admittedly Cassidy isn't exactly resisting :p ) to enjoy her first night as the wife of an author (or close enough for Ashley anyway :p )

and that's it for today's update.

Will Ashley be able to support them on her own?

Will Cassidy become a famous author?

Is there any excuse Ashley will not use to seduce her wife? (probably not :p )

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and as always Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Time to continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple Cassidy in a heat of the moment decision quit her job to try to become an author. But contrary to Cassidy's worries about how Ashley would take the news Ashley was completely supportive of her decision even though it meant having to shoulder the burden of supporting them for a bit.

now-with-no-rush-for-work.png

Now with no job to rush to Cassidy gets to experience what life is like for Ashley being able to work on her own schedule rather than someone elses. But her first task in the morning is still fixing breakfast.

planting-sage.png

Meanwhile Ashley starts her day off planting the sage she picked yesterday.

eating-together.png

The rest of her gardening gets put on hold though as she heads inside for breakfast.

continues-working-on-her-story.png

After breakfast Cassidy heads to the computer to work on her story while Ashley heads outside to finish up her morning gardening.

back-of-the-house.png

Since we are going to now have both girls using the computer for work I decided the house needed to expand a little.

I moved the back room back into a space that initially just had a section of fence, a tree and some bushes.

new-office.png

This made room for a new office for Cassidy to write in, while Ashley gets the bedroom computer.

I apologize to anyone with OCD, the window bugs me as well but sadly I couldn't find a single frame window I liked for that back wall so I ended up just sticking with the one that was already on the house :\ I may still change it eventually if I can figure out a window that works for the look of the house.

rearange-living-room.png

I also had to rearrange the living room a bit to adjust for the new office. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the new set up but it was the only way I could get it to work.

running-into-krystle.png

After Ashley finished her gardening (and sold her produce for an amazing $426) she and Cassidy headed down to the lounge so Ashley could do her routines for the day. Once there they ran into Ashley's friend Krystle. This was actually Cassidy's first time meeting Krystle.

avery.png

A first for Ashley as well, she finally got to meet Avery Bryan who is Krystle's wife.

The group chatted for a bit and then Ashley got to doing her stand up for the day.

feels-like-an-audience.png

And for once she actually felt like she was performing for an audience :D

She ended up getting some nice bonuses to her pay from having three people watching her and earned over $450 for the day. Between this and the gardening she's almost completely made up the cost of the house expansion :)

To celebrate Ashley's financial success for the day the two couples decided to visit the new neighborhood pool that just opened up.

new-pool.png

And they ran into another couple :D

Cassidy's brother Reid happened to be walking by along with his girlfriend Gina so the group invited them to join them at the pool.

fun-in-the-pool.png

And the group enjoyed splashing around for a bit in the pool (well most of the group did, Avery decided to swim laps instead).

Just to note, I didn't make the pool venue, I got it off the gallery.

sitting-on-the-side-of-the-pool.png

After swimming for a bit Ashley and Cassidy climbed out and sat at the side of the pool together while the others swam around. They usually avoid flirting or public displays of affection in front of others but Ashley couldn't resist making a risque comment about how cute Cassidy looked in her swimsuit ;)

ashley-swimsuit.png

cassidy-swimsuit.png

For anyone interested here are some CAS shots of Ashley and Cassidy in their new swimwear :)

gina-fixes-burgers.png

Gina also climbed out of the pool to fix burgers for everyone.

chatting-with-reid-and-gina.png

But Krystle and Avery needed to head home so it ended up just being Ashley, Cassidy, Reid, and Gina enjoying dinner together.

straight-to-bed.png

And after dinner it was time for everyone to head home. Exhausted from their day at the pool Ashley and Cassidy went straight to bed.

That's it for this update

What will happen next?

Will they finally adopt? (despite the setbacks like Cassidy's career change and the house expansion they are actually almost to the amount of money they need :D Ashley managing to earn $876 in a single day certainly didn't hurt :) )

Will Cassidy's writing career take off?

Are Ashley and Cassidy going to be aunts in the future? (*looks slyly at Reid and Gina* Well you two :p )

*director sign drops down* "hey now don't pressure them"

*jumps in surprise* Oh plum that startled me, you haven't been around in a bit so I wasn't expecting those signs to drop down again.

*director sign drops down* "well whose fault is that? You haven't been writing any bits for me"

Sorry, I haven't gotten any ideas in a bit that I thought were funny and I'm not going to force jokes just to give you screen time.

*director sign drops down* "That's fine, just so long as I don't get written out completely"

Don't worry if I ever do write you out I'll make it something nice like your retired to Antarctica or something.

*director sign drops down* " :\ Uh Antarctica, don't you mean somewhere tropical.... not freezing?"

I said or something

*director sign drops down* "I'm kind of scared now"

*narrator giggles evilly*

Find out when we continue with.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming :)
    Post edited by Celiria on
  • Options
    Ah! I missed the director! I'm glad he/she came back :)
  • Options
    Based off a comment someone made in a different thread I made a slight adjustment to the previous chapter. I realized the PDA bit about Ashley commenting on Cassidy's swimsuit wasn't as clear as I thought. The comment she made was risque which is why I wrote that Ashley normally wouldn't comment in public. I've reworded that line to make it more obvious.
  • Options
    Welcome back to....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they got to spend and afternoon with friends at the comedy club and the brand new neighborhood pool, meeting Krystle's wife Avery and Reid's girlfriend Gina in the process.

cassidy-is-first-up.png

As the day begins Cassidy is up first.

break-in-her-new-office.png

Leaving Ashley to sleep she decides to break in her new office and work on her story for a bit.

cassidy-starts-on-breakfast.png

After writing for a bit Cassidy gets started on breakfast.

good-morning.png

The smell of which wakes Ashley drawing her out to the kitchen for a good morning embrace.

dont-forget-breakfast.png

Though it seems Ashley has other thoughts than breakfast on her mind this morning ;)

But Cassidy reminds her that she needs to finish breakfast unless Ashley is okay with burning the kitchen down.

ashley-pouts.png

Ashley relents and goes to sit at the table like a good girl, though not without sending some pouty puppy dog eyes at Cassidy from across the room :p

quickly-eats.png

Breakfast is finally ready though it passes with little conversation as Ashley quickly eats her meal.

one-track-mind.png

Well Cassidy, breakfast is over so there's no risk of kitchen fires. Plus Ashley has a one track mind sooooo..... ;)

putty-in-her-hands.png

Cassidy is like putty in Ashley's hands, how can she say no to such Ashley's persistence :p

ashley-works-on-her-garden.png

After having their morning dose of plan c (vitamin C has nothing on this :p ) Ashley heads outside to work on her garden. While Cassidy works on her story some more.

amaya-stops-by.png

Her writing is interrupted though as her mother Amaya stops by to visit.

However Amaya is actually here to talk to Ashley about something....

sad-news.png

and it isn't good news.

aunt-traci-passed-away.png

Aunt Traci has passed away :(

ashley-will-be-fine.png

Cassidy does her best to comfort Ashley but like with Ashley's parents there is only so much you can do in a time like this.

it-just-hurts.png

Back home Ashley assures Cassidy that she will be okay. She remembers Traci's words to her after her parents death and she isn't going to let her grief get in the way of her life. But right now it hurts and she just needs a little time to come to terms with it.

cassidy-goes-back-to-work-on-her-story.png

So Cassidy gives Ashley her space and works on her story to take her mind off things.

ashley-takes-a-nap.png

Meanwhile Ashley goes to take a nap and try to sleep off some of the grief.

By the time she wakes up she's already feeling better and is mostly back to her normal self. She misses Traci but knows that life must go on.

cheer-you-up.png

And it seems she's going to have help moving on because Cassidy came up with an idea to help Ashley cheer up a bit more :)

ashley-gets-to-cook-supervised.png

Cooking lessons.

Since Ashley always has the desire to cook Cassidy is letting her make dinner, under strict supervision of course :p

and-it-turns-out-well.png

And Ashley's fish gets the Cassidy seal of approval :D Though I think we will have another lesson or two before we trust her to cook on her own. This is still Ashley we're talking about :p

thank-you.png

Ashley embraces Cassidy, she feels much better now :) and is fully back to her normal cheerful self.

and that's it for this episode.

What will happen next time?

Will Cassidy ever finish her book?

Is Ashley going to make breakfast? (I still sincerely hope not)

Will there be a special surprise for all you viewers at home? *narrator grins slyly* I don't know you'll just have to tune in to find out ;)

*director sign drops down* "It's finally time for them to adopt :D "

*narrator stares at director mouth agape* Dude, what the hell? Why'd you have to ruin the surprise.

*director sign drops down* "It was kind of obvious, what else was it going to be? Aliens? You've only been building up to this for weeks."

*narrator walks away muttering and grumbling* Jerk..... ruining my surprise..... why would you do that...... pluming plum.

*directors sign drops down* "Well since he's gone I will do the send off, Join us next time on....."

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg
  • Options
    Wow I'm messing up a lot lately :\ another correction. In the chapter where they went to the pool I wrote that Reid was Ashley's brother by mistake. Reid is Cassidy's brother. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
  • Options
    And now for the episode you've all been waiting for, so here's this much anticipated episode of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they sadly lost Ashley's aunt Traci. But thanks to Traci's previous words to Ashley she was able to move on without letting the sorrow overwhelm her. And now things are looking up for them :)

morning-gardening1.png

As the day begins Ashley starts it like she usually does by working in her garden.

fixing-breakfast1.png

Meanwhile Cassidy fixes breakfast like usual.

But we all know today isn't another "usual" day.

not-a-usual-day.png

It's adoption day :D

Just venturing a guess but I think Cassidy is excited :p

The two enjoy breakfast together but Cassidy's just excited about the fact that she's finally going to get to be a mom and have the family she's been wanting since she and Ashley got married.

amaya-calls.png

But everyone is going to have to wait just a little bit longer as Ashley heads to the bathroom to clean up from her gardening. They don't want the new children's first view of their mother to be covered in dirt and smelling of bug spray :p

Meanwhile Amaya calls, she and Dominick are excited about their soon to be grandchildren as well. Cassidy assures them that they will get to meet them once they've been adopted and had a chance to settle in.

slight-set-back.png

Another slight set back as the toilet breaks on Ashley. Normally I would just have them replace it but that would take away money they need for adoption so Ashley gets a crash course in handiness. Believe me Ashley you're lucky. By this point in her life Kaley knew how to fix the toilet, and the sink, and the fridge, and the stove, and every other appliance that could have possibly broken in that house :p

help-out.png

Cassidy helps out by mopping up while Ashley gets the toilet working again.

here-we-go.png

And after they finish fixing the toilet (and Ashley showers again to get that smell off) it's finally time to adopt.

welcome-to-jay-and-zach.png

And I am happy to welcome the new members of the green family.

jayleen-green.png

First off we have Jay (her full name is Jayleen but she prefers Jay).

Her aspiration is to be a rambunctious scamp and her trait is that she is active.

zach-green.png

And we have Zach (I decided to mix things up and have a male character for a change even though I don't usually play guys).

He also has the aspiration to be a rambunctious scamp and he has the genius trait.

zachs-room.png

jays-room.png

They head inside and show Jay and Zach around the house as well as their new rooms. They're a bit bare at the moment but we will remedy that as we get to know them.

new-family.png

Speaking of getting to know them, after the tour is over Ashley and Cassidy sit down in the living room to get to know Jay and Zach a bit. Cassidy is completely over the moon with happiness. Both of the kids seem happy as well to be in their new home :)

chess-with-zach.png

After getting settled in Zach plays a game of chess with Cassidy.

gardening-with-jay.png

Meanwhile Jay hangs out with Ashley as she finishes up some gardening she forgot to do this morning.

chatting-with-jay.png

After finishing the two settle down and get to know each other some more.

welcome-to-your-new-home.png

And Ashley happily hugs her new daughter (don't worry Zach isn't getting neglected, it's just awfully hard to hug someone across a chess table without spoiling the game :p )

ashley-chats-while-cassidy-makes-dinner.png

The family then moves inside as Cassidy starts fixing dinner while Ashley spends some time with both kids.

family-dinner-with-the-new-kids.png

The family then settles down for their first family dinner together :)

And by the time they finish the two kids are fully adjusted to their new family and have completely full relationship bars with both parents :D

goodnight-zach.png

And it's getting late so Ashley and Cassidy say goodnight to Zach.

goodnight-jay.png

And of course they have goodnight hugs for Jay as well.

goodnight-ashley-and-cassidy.png

And goodnight to each other as well....

though-not-quite-yet.png

Though not quite yet judging by the smile on Ashley's face ;)

since-the-kids-are-asleep-time-for-some-fun.png

Even if Ashley is more reserved in public than Kaley and Kamryn were the apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree :p

And that's it for this episode.

What will Jay and Zach get up to as we enter the weekend?

What will Cassidy's parents think of their new grandchildren?

How will life change for the Ashley and Cassidy now that they finally have the kids they've been wanting?

Find out on the continuing episodes of....

ashley-and-cassidy-family-banner.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed this episode and as always happy simming :)
  • Options
    Are you ready for more....

When we last left our golden locked couple they finally achieved their goal of adopting and now have a pair of wonderful kids :)

still-start-with-gardening.png

But some things still stay the same as Ashley still starts her day off outside in her garden. Now that they aren't trying to save up she may actually hold onto some of her produce and see if Cassidy can use any of it in her cooking.

saturday-morning-cartoons.png

Zach and Jay are the next ones in the household up as they sit together to watch some Saturday morning cartoons.

cassidy-joins-them.png

As Cassidy finally wakes up she can't resist putting off breakfast a bit to sit and chat with them. She's been waiting so long and is still just overjoyed that she finally gets to be a mom :)

still-has-to-make-breakfast.png

But breakfast has to be made so she leaves them to their cartoons to make some pancakes.

pancakes-and-family.png

And everyone settles down to a good breakfast together.

After breakfast everyone has to start getting cleaned up and ready because they are going for a family outing in the park so Jay and Zach can meet their their grandparents.

jay-gets-first-turn.png

Jay gets the first turn with the bathroom while Zach goes back to watching cartoons. I can already seeing this bathroom sharing thing being an issue when they eventually become teens :p

cassidys-turn-to-cuddle.png

Then Zach gets his turn while Cassidy gets some time to cuddle with Jay. Poor Zach he also seems to be absent when the cuddling happens :p (note to self, Zach needs his turn for parental cuddling)

finally-meeting-the-grandparents.png

And they head off to the park where Jay and Zach finally meet Dominick and Amaya.

hurry-off-to-play.png

But being the rambunctious kids they are they make it through introductions and some chatting before hurrying off to play. It was probably not the best idea to try and introduce them to their grandparents with a playground nearby, of course they are going to be drawn to it :pensive:

But Amaya and Dominick don't mind, they were just happy to get a chance to meet the pair and are fine with letting them go play. So Ashley and Cassidy chat with Amaya and Dominick while the kids play on the monkey bars.

roy-bass.png

While at the playground the two get to meet some of the other kids, starting with a questionably dressed boy named Roy Bass.

otis-locke.png

They then play on the pirate ship for a bit where they meet Otis Locke (the boy in the red and white striped shirt).

giancarlo-mace.png

And finally they met Giancarlo Mace. By the look on his face I think we have a future ladies man right here :p especially if the name comes with good looks as he ages and an Italian accent. Teenage Jay may end up having a rival when looking for a girlfriend :p

dreams-come-true.png

Meanwhile Ashley and Cassidy are relaxing on a nearby bench (after Dominick and Amaya had to go home). After all the various times they spent at the park with Cassidy dreaming about being parents they are ecstatic that it's finally true and they get to be the parents watching their kids play.

But as it starts to get late it's time for everyone to head home.

working-on-comedy.png

Once they get home Ashley heads to her computer to work a bit on her comedy. As much as she wants to spend more time with Jay and Zach she is still the sole source of income for the family at the moment and needs to make sure she can keep bringing in money to support them.

fixing-dinner.png

Meanwhile Cassidy starts working on dinner.

zach-challenges-jay-to-chess.png

With both parents occupied Zach decides to challenge Jay to a game of chess. By her facial expression it's clear that this is far more enjoyable for him than for her. Give her a nice foot race and she'd kick his butt any day but chess.... not so much.

tacos-for-dinner.png

And then they are called to dinner (after Zach thoroughly wins and Jay swears off chess for life :p )

a-call-from-reid.png

But dinner is interrupted as Cassidy gets a call from Reid, and like a couple days previously it's not good news.

It's now Cassidy's turn to grieve as she learns that her parents (Dominick and Amaya) have passed away :(

comfort-from-jay.png

comfort-from-zach.png

Jay and Zach didn't know their grandparents long enough to get that attached but they can tell their mom is having a hard time so they do their best to cheer her up. Cassidy can't help but smile at Zach's exuberance in his attempt to help her feel better. But it still hurts knowing her parents are gone so she heads to her and Ashley's room while Ashley cleans up the dishes and tucks the kids into bed.

comforting-wife.png

And once Jay and Zach are asleep it's Ashley's turn to help comfort Cassidy. Cassidy was always there for her when her parents and aunt passed away now Ashley gets to be there for Cassidy.

But Cassidy will be fine. She's sad but she also knows she's lucky. She had great parents to raise her, she has a beautiful wife, two wonderful kids, and a caring brother. Losing her parents hurts but she knows that they were at least happy to get to meet their grandchildren and that she can persevere just as Ashley has and enjoy her turn to be as good a parent to Jay and Zach as her parents were to her and Reid.

off-to-sleep.png

It's still nice to have Ashley there for her though and she curls up next to her as the two drift off to sleep knowing that together they can make it through anything.

And that's the end of this episode.

What will happen next?

Will Ashley persevere past her parent's passing and finally finish the book she's been working on?

Will Ashley's new comedy bits help her support her family?

Will Zach ever convince Jay to play chess again?

Find out when on future episodes of....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update, happy simming.
  • Options
    Just an update.

There won't be any new Life and Times chapters from me for a few days, a new game that I've been looking forward to for close to a year and a half has just come out so I am going to be binging on it for a bit. I promise I won't be away long but I figured I would post so nobody thought I'd just vanished or anything.
  • Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    happy gaming. looking forward to your eventual return
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi everyone, it seems my planned gaming binge is being cut short. It turns out the game I had been looking forward to (dragon age inquisition if anyone's curious) is poorly designed for my system, meaning that I will have to wait until I eventually get a new console to play it (I will emphasize the game itself is fine but the graphics, textures, and various other visual aspects are terrible to the point that I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it and just waited until I eventually got a new console :( )

On the bright side this means I will have more updates on my life and times earlier than I thought, so at least yay for that. I won't have an update today but I will have one tomorrow.
  • Options
    Welcome back to.....

When we last left our golden locked couple they got to enjoy a nice day at the park introducing Jay and Zach to Cassidy's parents but sadly later that night received news that the two had passed away shortly after :(

Luckily for Cassidy though her family was there for her in her tough time.

hugs-help.png

And as we start the next day Jay is comforting Cassidy a little more (though I'm willing to bet Jay is enjoying the hugging as well :p )

tending-garden.png

Ashley's day starts off pretty normally as she tends to her garden.

kids-watch-tv-while-cassidy-cooks.png

Cassidy starts on breakfast while Jay and Zach take over the couch for morning cartoons.

breakfast.png

But cartoons and gardening take a backseat as everyone gathers for breakfast.

finish-gardening.png

After finishing their morning meal and conversation Ashley heads back outside to finish her gardening. I can't wait until she gets the skill level that speeds up gardening interactions so that this doesn't take quite so long for her.

wants-to-finally-finish.png

Cassidy is determined that she's finally going to finish the short story she's been working on.

jay-and-zach-chat.png

Meanwhile Jay and Zach decide to forgo more cartoons and instead sit and chat with each other for a bit.

watch-tv-together.png

and then they went back to cartoons :p though not for long as once Ashley finished her gardening she decided to take them to the play park next to the house. Cassidy chose to stay home to continue working on her story.

giancarlo.png

As they arrived Zach ran into Giancarlo and the two got to talking.

Meanwhile....

space-captain-jay.png

We begin the adventures of space captain Jay.

exploring-where-nobody-dares-to-go.png

.... boldly traveling the vast reaches of space, exploring places that more timid adventurers don't dare to go.

oh-no.png

But oh no.....

ashley-monster.png

There is something creeping in front of the ship

beware.png

It's the horrifying alien known as.... Mom :p (admit it, all of us think our parents are from another planet at some point in our lives :p )

witness.png

And just in time to see Ashley waving her arms around Cassidy shows up at the play park having finished her book. And Ashley gets to enjoy that wonderful thought of "how long were you standing there and how much of me making a fool of myself did you see" :p

finished-her-book-and-was-feeling-better.png

But a little silliness is fine as Cassidy loves her beautiful wife :)

Besides now that she's drawn Ashley away from the ship....

cassidy-joins-the-fun.png

It's Cassidy's turn to join the fun :p

chatting-back-at-home.png

After a bit more playing around with Jay (Zach pretty much just chatted with Giancarlo the whole time, I think we've found Zach's best friend :) ) the family returned home. Cassidy hung out with her kids for a bit.

working-on-comedy1.png

Meanwhile Ashley got some work done on her comedy routines.

zach-finally-gets-his-turn.png

And back on the couch Zach finally got the cuddling that he kept missing out on :)

zach-plays-on-the-computer.png

After that Zach got permission to go play some games on Cassidy's computer.

toy-for-jay.png

And Jay got a new toy that she went to play with in her room. His name is Mr. Director.

*director sign drops down* "Really? :unamused: You named a giant blue dinosaur after me?"

Why not, I thought it was fitting, you don't talk, he doesn't talk :p

*director sign drops down* "not funny"

Well too bad, It's already been named and I'm not changing it >:)

reading-danger.png

While the kids are playing Cassidy drags Ashley away from working on her routines to read over Cassidy's new book entitled "Danger". The story of a kid who wakes up to realize that he has been kidnapped but has also gained mysterious powers, and his desperate fight to escape and make his way home and discover what is really going on.

ashley-likes-it.png

Ashley enjoyed it :)

self-published.png

So Cassidy sends it off. She is just starting out so she self publishes the book.

making-dinner-still-supervised.png

Afterwards in a good mood from releasing her first book she agrees to let Ashley make dinner, though still under supervision.

ashleys-getting-better.png

And it turns out well, maybe soon Cassidy will let Ashley cook on her own *gets mental image of house burning down* then again maybe not :p

washing-dishes-while-cassidy-puts-the-kids-to-bed.png

After dinner Ashley washes the dishes while Cassidy puts Zach and Jay to bed.

love-poem.png

And then the two retreat to their bedroom where Cassidy shows off another ability she picked up from her writing skill as she reads some love poems she wrote to Ashley.

ashley-knows-some-poetry-as-well.png

Ashley knows some poetry as well :)

roses-are-red.png

Roses are red
    I planted a tree
    would you like
    to plan c with me

Okay admittedly poetical genius Ashley is not :p

but-it-still-worked.png

Then again it did work. I guess Cassidy gives points for trying :p

fun-time.png

That and these two aren't exactly averse to any excuse they can find for some bedroom fun.

and that's it for this episode

Will Ashley be the next great poet? (No)

Will Cassidy be the next great writer? (hopefully)

Will the narrator be the next great blue dinosaur?

*director sign drops down* " :angry: "

Oh come on have a sense of humor :p

As always I hope everyone enjoyed the episode and happy simming :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

When we last left our golden locked couple they had some fun at the play park near their house. Jay played space captain, Cassidy and Ashley made fools of themselves, and Zach stayed to the side and chatted with his friend Giancarlo. Also Cassidy finally finished her first book and now is just waiting to see how it goes.

But now after a weekend of fun and family bonding it's time for Jay and Zach's first day of school.

first-turn.png

Being a genius Zach is excited for school and is up early getting the first turn in the bathroom to get ready.

jays-turn-while-cassidy-cooks.png

After he finishes Jay gets her turn as Cassidy starts fixing breakfast for the two of them. While they will most likely end up eating cereal a lot before school they will at least have a nice hot home-cooked meal for their first day.

You also get a wonderful view of an odd glitch I've been having with the front door :p it seems to only occur when the door is placed on a section of wall the same width it is. If it's on a section wider than itself then the edging adapts to the wall. As of right now I don't know any way to fix it without having to redesign the front of the house so it gets to stay for a bit. It's only minorly annoying so it's not that big a deal.

family-meal-before-first-school-day.png

As the kids finish getting ready Cassidy calls them to breakfast. She also woke Ashley up to join them since Ashley had been sleeping in (probably exhausted from her and Cassidy's "poetry session" the night before :p )

good-luck.png

With that Jay and Zach receive goodbye hugs and are wished luck as they head off to their first day of school.

back-to-normal.png

And after two days of the excitement of being new parents things are quiet again and go mostly back to normal for Cassidy and Ashley with the kids out of the house.

Ashley gets dressed and gets a late start on tending her garden, thankfully she levels up again and can now use the tend garden interaction rather than having to spray, weed, and water separately.

childrens-book.png

Cassidy meanwhile settles down at her computer to start on her new book. She wants to read to Jay and Zach so she decides to write her own childrens book.

krystle-stops-by.png

And after Ashley finishes with her garden and Cassidy has worked for a bit on her book they get a nice excuse to relax as Krystle Bryan stops by for a visit.

hows-parenting-going.png

The trio sit and chat for a bit, Krystle's especially interested in how they are they are doing as new parents. She and Avery went through the same experience when they adopted their son (now adult) Miguel so she is able to offer advice if they need it. Luckily it's been smooth going so far for Ashley and Cassidy but they appreciate her offer.

krystle-joins-them-at-the-lounge.png

After chatting a bit more Ashley needs to do a comedy routine since she hasn't performed in a bit due to the excitement of adopting Jay and Zach so they invite Krystle to join them in going to the lounge.

guitarist.png

Sadly someone else is already up by the mic performing when they get there. But unlike certain other sims we know *cough*violin lady*cough* Ashley isn't going to interrupt his time up front.

chat-some-more.png

So the trio relax and chat some more while they wait for Ashley's turn with the mic, hopefully it comes soon because the guy with the guitar was not good at all :confounded:

ashleys-turn.png

After a bit the guy finishes up and Ashley gets to do her routine.

Thanks to Cassidy and Krystle being there she gets paid nicely for it (honestly bringing people with her to watch is slight cheating but considering how easily distracted NPC's are I don't care :p )

She only got to do one routine though before she and Cassidy had to say goodbye to Krystle and head home since Jay and Zach were almost due to get out of class.

jay-and-zach-do-their-homework-together.png

And Zach and Jay get home shortly after their parents do and settle down to work on their homework together. Jay would rather relax now that class is over but homework has to get done so she settles down and works on it anyway.

ashley-and-cassidy-play-chess.png

Meanwhile now that they know the kids are home safely Cassidy and Ashley play a game of chess. Sadly they can't play for their usual "stakes" but don't worry Cassidy, Ashley's keeping a tab :p

ashley-chats-with-jay-and-zach.png

After finishing their homework (and Cassidy and Ashley finishing their chess game) Ashley chats with Jay and Zach for a bit about their school day.

Zach enjoyed his obviously, Jay was kind of neutral she didn't hate it but she would rather have been able to play than be stuck in a classroom. Considering Ashley never exactly enjoyed school either she can sympathize with Jay.

making-dinner.png

Cassidy meanwhile heads inside and starts fixing dinner.

family-meal-through-window.png

And the happy family gets to hang out as they enjoy Cassidy's cooking.

chess-with-zach1.png

After dinner Cassidy plays another game of chess, this time with Zach.

ashley-reads-to-jay.png

Ashley reads to Jay a bit before bedtime.

end-of-a-quiet-first-day-of-school.png

And before long it's time for everyone to go to bed.... well it's time for Jay and Zach to go to bed while Ashley collects her "winnings" from the chess game earlier :p

And that's it for this episode.

Will Jay's school life end up as obnoxious as Ashley found it?

Will Cassidy finish her childrens book in time to read to Jay and Zach? (considering how long it took her to write the short story I'm not full sure)

Will family life continue to be smooth sailing for Ashley and Cassidy?

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    A couple people on a different thread notified me that a couple of my pictures weren't showing up. I have reuploaded and updated the links so hopefully the images are all working now. Sorry for the technical difficulties.
  • Options
    Great updates! The kids are so cute! I love how attentive Ashley and Cassidy are to them.
  • Options
    And now for the Thanksgiving special for....

It's Thanksgiving (at least here in America) which in my mind is a holiday celebrating two things. Family and excess. So to go along with those ideas for this Life and Times Thanksgiving special you are getting not one, not two, not even three... but five updates on the Green family in one day. If you look up excess in the dictionary you will see this update :p

*director’s sign drops down this time with hastily scribbled words on it* "Whoa whoa whoa, FIVE?!"

Yep five.

*director’s sign drops down* "And when were you planning to tell me about this?"

Right now, didn't you notice just a few lines ago, I told you right then.

*director’s sign drops down* "A little more warning would have been nice! Do you realize how much work this is going to take all because of your whim?"

Tough, call it overtime.

*director’s sign drops down* "But..."

*narrator knocks sign aside* No buts. The longer you sit there grumbling the longer it's going to take.

*director sign drops down* " *sigh* what did I do to deserve this."

Enough grumbling onward :)

*directors sign drops down* "are we at least doing the intro?"

No time ONWARD :D

hop-out-of-bed.png

As we start the new day Jay gets the idea as she hops exuberantly out of bed.

zach-starts-by-reading.png

And since Jay was first up she gets first dibs on the bathroom. So Zach waits his turn while reading a book.

zachs-turn.png

Then it's Zach's turn while Jay watches some cartoons.

cereal-while-chatting-with-mom.png

And Cassidy grabs them each a quick bowl of cereal and enjoys a morning chat. All the while Ashley is outside busy tending to her garden.

off-to-school.png

With breakfast finished Jay and Zach head off to school.

loving-embrace-after-lots-of-gardening.png

Ashley finishes her gardening and greets her lovely wife with a good morning hug.

finish-her-childrens-book.png

But there is no time for relaxing at the moment as Cassidy wants to finish her childrens book so she can read it to Jay and Zach.

refining-her-comedy-some-more.png

So Ashley spends her afternoon further refining her comedy routines on the bedroom computer.

jay-doesnt-feel-like-homework.png

As the two work hard at their respective careers the day flies by and Jay and Zach get home. Zach settles down to do his homework but having just been through a long day of class (at least in her mind) Jay decides to forgo homework and watch tv instead.

Now a responsible parent would be stern and make sure Jay gets her homework done.....

irresponsible-parent.png

But Ashley isn't the most responsible parent :p

After having spent the day typing away at a computer she settles down next to Jay to spend some mother daughter time watching TV.

busted-just-smile-and-nod.png

Busted.

Cassidy is a responsible parent and isn't too pleased to find Ashley aiding in their daughter ignoring her school work.

I love the looks on Ashley and Jay's faces, neither of them are willing to make eye contact with Cassidy and are both taking that attitude of "well we're in trouble so just smile and nod." :p

ashley-will-cook.png

Before they can get fully lectured though Ashley darts off volunteering to make dinner leaving Jay to do her homework under Cassidy's watchful eye.

zach-is-finished-with-his-homework-so-he-gets-to-play.png

Meanwhile Zach has already finished his homework since he started when they got home and is free to play with his new toy who has been named Mr. Narrator :D

*director’s sign drops down* "Wait a minute, I get the weird blue dinosaur but you get the cool red dragon? How is that fair?"

It's not, but no wasting time, onward with the Thanksgiving special :D

*director’s sign drops down* "Hey no dodging the question..... too late he's already moving on :\ "

jay-watches-tv-while-cassidy-oversees-ashley.png

Back in the living area Jay finally finishes her homework so she gets to go back to watching her show while Cassidy goes into the kitchen to make sure Ashley doesn't burn the food. She's also still a touch annoyed at Ashley for being a conspirator in Jay not doing her homework.

cant-stay-mad.png

But Ashley makes it very hard for Cassidy to stay mad as Ashley whisks the pretty blonde off her feet in a suave kiss and apologizes profusely. Though admittedly it looked to me like there was more kissing than apologizing :p

everyone-enjoys-dinner.png

It also helps that Ashley's cooking has gotten much better.

bedtime-story.png

After dinner Zach is rewarded for being responsible and doing his homework by being the first to hear Cassidy's new childrens book.

gives-in.png

But Cassidy gives in and ends up reading to both of them, on the condition that Jay doesn't try and ditch her homework from now on of course :p

goodnight-jay1.png

goodnight-zach1.png

After story time Ashley says goodnight to Jay and Zach.

does-ashley-get-a-bedtime-story.png

And then questions Cassidy over whether she gets "story time" as well. Leave it to Ashley to corrupt the idea of reading to kids by turning it into an innuendo :p

i-dont-know-ashley-was-a-conspirator.png

Cassidy smirks mischeviously, she isn't sure that Ashley deserves story time after being such an irresponsible parent earlier.

compliments.png

Ashley plays along and happily showers the wonderful, responsible, and of course ever so pretty Cassidy with compliments about she is wonderful, responsible and ever so pretty :p

caress-of-the-cheek.png

She also throws in a caress of the cheek for good measure.

time-for-the-big-guns.png

Cassidy maintains though that she's still unconvinced :p (honestly at this point it's clear she's just enjoying messing with Ashley :p )

But Ashley is determined so she pulls out the big guns.

i-think-ashley-just-won.png

I think Ashley just won.

ashley-always-wins.png

Yep Ashley always wins :p Cassidy is like putty in her fingers.

as-always-cassidy-doesnt-mind.png

Not that Cassidy has any real problem with that as the two finish their fun and curl up together as they drift off to sleep.

And that's it for part 1 of the Thanksgiving special of....

• Options
    And here's part two of the Thanksgiving special for....

*director's sign drops down* "Do we really need to do five episodes today"

Yes.

*director's sign drops down* "Come on it's to excessive"

That's the idea. Excess. Now quit whining and let’s do this before I have to say "it" again.

*director's sign drops down* "It?"

ONWARD :D

morning-excercise.png

As the new day begins Jay decides to start exercising at the start of each morning. She's active but because of school she doesn't get as much time to be active as she would like so hopefully this will help.

jay-has-breakfast.png

However the morning ends up a bit rushed as both she and Zach woke up a bit late. So Jay ends up having a quick breakfast and chats with Cassidy while Zach uses the bathroom.

zach-has-breakfast.png

Then Zach gets to eat and chat while Jay has her turn.

hug-and-off-to-school.png

Ashley is always having to garden in the morning so Jay decided to give her a special goodbye for a change :)

hip-bump-for-ashley.png

And Jay gets a hip bump from Ashley before heading off :p

new-short-story-the-adventures-of-norman.png

After the kids head off to school Cassidy works on a new short story while Ashley finishes gardening.

fertilizing-day.png

And Cassidy has plenty of time since Ashley gets to re-fertilize her garden today.

exhausted-cuddling.png

After an exhausting morning of gardening and writing the pair settle down to enjoy a relaxing afternoon snuggling together on the couch with a bowl of chips and some TV.

massage-for-ashley.png

Cassidy also offers Ashley a massage to relieve the soreness from all the gardening this morning. I think Ashley may tolerate the hard work of gardening partially just because it gives her an excuse to get massages from Cassidy :p

homework-help-from-ashley.png

As Jay and Zach get home the couple's relaxation time ends. Cassidy goes back to working on her story while Ashley helps Jay and Zach with homework.

still-daylight-left.png

And once they finish there is still some daylight left so Ashley lets the two go to the play park for a bit before dinner. Giancarlo was there as well so the three of them enjoyed playing together for the evening.

dinner-and-a-great-joke-from-zach.png

As it gets dark they return home to enjoy some stir fry Cassidy made (she also finished her story :) titled "High Winds" the story of a girl who runs away from her rich family to travel the world in a hot air balloon )

Zach also told a great joke that had the entire family roaring in laughter.

peekaboo.png

After dinner Jay went to her room and played peek a boo with Mr. Director

chess-with-zach2.png

Cassidy and Zach meanwhile went out on the porch for a game of chess.

getting-some-work-done.png

Ashley decided to use the time to refine a couple more of her routines, she's almost got all of them to excellent level.

stays-up-while-ashley-works.png

Cassidy put Jay and Zach to bed. Ashley told her that she could go to bed as well since the routine she was working on was going to take a bit longer but Cassidy chose to stay up and keep Ashley company while she finished.

end-of-day-one.png

And once Ashley finished her work the two headed to bed.

And that's it for part two of this Thanksgiving special of....

• Options
    And onward we go to part three of the Thanksgiving special for....

*director's sign drops down* "You're really planning to go through with this aren't you?"

Yep, and I'm betting you along with the readers must be thinking "he must be crazy" and to that I say.....

Duh

Seriously if you've made it this far into this story without realizing I'm not entirely there upstairs then clearly you haven't been paying attention :p

start-of-a-routine.png

As the day begins Jay continues with her usual exercise routine.

omlets-for-a-family-breakfast.png

But she wasn't the only one up bright and early as Cassidy decided she wanted to enjoy a family breakfast together for a change since everyone is usually going in different directions in the morning.

zach-continues-his-book-while-waiting-for-the-bathroom.png

Zach spends his morning time as he waits for his turn in the bathroom by continuing reading his book.

and-for-a-change-we-have-the-whole-family-together-for-a-weekday-breakfast.png

And once both kids are done getting ready for school the whole family gets to enjoy a weekday breakfast together.

zach-is-much-more-into-school.png

With breakfast finished Jay and Zach head off to school, as usual Zach is much more into it than Jay is :p

gardens-while-cassidy-writes.png

With the kids off at school Ashley starts on her morning gardening.

cassidy-finishes-high-winds.png

Cassidy self publishes her second short story "High Winds" since she didn't get it sent off the day before. Shortly after she receives royalties from it. She's been making around $15 per day in royalties on her first story "Danger" and "High Winds" brings in $31 for it's first day. Not bad for a pair of self published short stories.

go-out.png

With Cassidy's story published and Ashley's gardening done Ashley asks Cassidy if she wants to get out of the house for a bit.

At first Cassidy thought Ashley was talking about going down to the lounge while Ashley does some routines since that's where they usually go together but Ashley actually just wants to have a date together since they haven't really had a chance lately between working to earn money, adopting Jay and Zach, and getting to be parents.

So Cassidy happily agrees.

off-to-the-museum.png

Cassidy felt like looking at some art so the two headed down to the museum in Willow Creek (they couldn't go to the one in Oasis Springs because I deleted it to make room for the pool :p )

cassidy-admires-art.png

Cassidy admires the art.

ashley-admires-cassidy.png

Ashley admires Cassidy :p

Some of you may remember that Ashley wasn't thrilled with the museum when her parents brought her there as a kid so it makes sense that her focus would be more on Cassidy than the art :p

come-on-game.png

And the game does it's best to drive me crazy. This entire crowd of people decided to try and walk up and talk to Ashley and Cassidy while they were on their date :angry:

Seriously Maxis, this needs to stop. At the very least npc's shouldn't be able to autonomously talk to your sims when your sims are on a date.

with-nobody-watching.png

So Ashley suggests that they head back home where they can enjoy the rest of their date together... where nobody can disturb or "see" what they might get up to ;)

Incredibly subtle Ashley is not. But Cassidy is all for the idea so the two head home.

dont-waste-time.png

And waste absolutely no time once they get there :p

quick-fun.png

Which is a good thing since they didn't have long for their "fun" before Jay and Zach would get home from school.

The two finished in the nick of time with just enough time to get dressed before Zach and Jay got back.

plan-c-the-book.png

Still feeling flirty from their date Cassidy started writing a romance novel titled "Plan C" The story about how even when things go wrong love can still go right"

And I will be honest, this book idea made me laugh way harder than it probably should have.

zach-had-a-bad-day.png

Meanwhile Zach had a rough day at school and came home in a bad mood.

jay-and-ashley-are-there-for-him.png

Luckily he had his mother and sister to help calm him down and cheer him up.

homework-time.png

And once Zach was feeling better Ashley helped him and Jay with their homework.

sports-on-tv.png

After finishing Jay and Zach chatted while watching sports on TV (clearly Jay had control of the remote :p )

cassidy-fixes-dinner.png

Cassidy finished with her book for the day and started on dinner.

family-time.png

And the family enjoyed a relaxing evening eating some delicious blackened salmon (seriously I don't think Jay or Zach realize just how well they have it with Cassidy's cooking :p )

ashley-cleans-up.png

Ashley cleans up the dishes from dinner.

cassidys-storytime.png

While Cassidy reads a bedtime story to Jay and Zach.

even-ashley-joins-the-fun.png

Even Ashley can't resist joining the fun once she's finished clearing the table :)

end-of-day-two.png

And with that the day draws to a close.

That's it for part 3 of the Thanksgiving special for....

• Options
    Time for part 4 of our continuing Thanksgiving special of....

*director's sign drops down* "How are you still going"

Determination, also lots and lots of lemonade.

*director's sign drops down* This is ridiculous, three updates is enough.

Never give up never surrender.

*director's sign drops down* "Come on, this is the sims not war"

*strikes heroic general pose* ONWARD :D

*director's sign drops down* " :expressionless: "

normal-routine.png

As we start the next day the normal routine continues as Ashley tends to her plants and Jay does her morning workout.

siblings-with-cereal.png

And she and Zach enjoy some cereal for breakfast before heading off to school.

continuing-plan-c.png

Meanwhile Cassidy spends the morning working away on her romance novel "Plan C"

breakfast-for-two.png

After finishing her gardening Ashley sees how hard Cassidy is working on the novel so she decides to make breakfast for Cassidy for a change.

cassidy-seems-glum.png

But while breakfast is delicious Cassidy seems a bit glum.

writers-block-help.png

It seems Cassidy is having some writers block issues with the novel and figuring out how to finish it. So in need of inspiration she asks Ashley to get her in a flirty mood so she can hopefully get the inspiration she needs.

Simply put Cassidy is asking Ashley to seduce her in the name of writing inspiration.

Based on the smile on Ashley's face I'd say christmas just came early.

cassidy-takes-her-job-seriously.png

And Ashley takes her role extremely seriously pulling out every trick she knows. Kissing, flirting, caressing, suggestive comments, bad poetry, and even some risque use of her hands. Every single method she knows to convince Cassidy to join her for some fun in the bedroom.

But considering the rules of the forum you just get to see her flirting :p

and-cassidys-got-it.png

And Cassidy finally has the inspiration she needs and rushes off to finish her book leaving Ashley standing there in mid-seduction, unable to get to the best part.....

christmas-cancelled.png

And by the look on Ashley's face christmas just got cancelled.

book-is-finished.png

A couple hours later Cassidy emerges from her writing room to find Ashley sitting on the couch watching romance TV.

Cassidy is ecstatic that she finished her book but Ashley's grumpy about Cassidy leaving her in the lurch like that.

want-to-continue.png

Realizing how crummy she made Ashley feel Cassidy points out that there's always room for a sequel.... that is if Ashley has any ideas ;)

of-course.png

Oh Ashley has ideas.

ideas-for-a-sequel.png

She has enough ideas for several more books :p

never-stop-being-adorable.png

No longer being left with things unfinished Ashley is in a much better mood and happily embraces Cassidy as they climb out of bed.

These two never stop being adorable :)

And like the day before they finish getting dressed just in time for Jay and Zach to get home (blissfully unaware of the mischief their parents get up to while they are gone :p )

publishes-plan-c.png

Cassidy heads outside quickly to send her book off. Also she's now high enough in the writing skill that “Plan C” will be her first book published by an actual publisher :D

spending-time-with-kids.png

Afterwards since it's Friday there is no rush to do homework so Ashley and Cassidy spend time with their kids watching some tv together as a family.

zach-wants-to-play-chess.png

After watching TV for a bit Zach wants to play a game of chess with Cassidy.

Cassidy would like to but she still has to fix dinner. Knowing how much Cassidy and Zach enjoy playing chess together Ashley volunteers to cook so the two can have a game before dinner :)

playing-chess.png

So the two head off to play a round or two of chess while Ashley makes dinner.

jay-plays-some-more-with-mr-director.png

Meanwhile Jay goes to her room to play with Mr. Director (just so people know she's been playing with her stuffed animal so much because it levels her creativity skill and I'm trying to get it to level 4 so she can go up a letter grade in school ).

dinner-is-delicious.png

And the dinner Ashley made is absolutely delicious. She's really come a long way since day dreaming and burning the eggs :p

cassidy-never-gets-tired-of-story-time.png

And Cassidy finishes off another evening reading a bedtime story to Jay and Zach. I'm not sure who enjoys this more, the kids or Cassidy :p

It's a good thing they have plenty of childrens books because it gives Cassidy plenty of chances to read to the two while their still kids.

and that's it for part 4. One last part left in the Thanksgiving special of.....

• Options

*director's sign drops down* "I quit"

You can't quit

*director's sign drops down* "Why not?"

Your one of the various voices in my head, where are you going to go?

*director's sign drops down* You suck

Oh come on, it's not that bad, we're almost there. Just one episode to go.

*director's sign drops down* "You’re not going to pull some "oh we should do five more because onward" or anything like that right?"

*gasp* Would I do something like that?

*director's sign drops down* "Yes"

*Hmmph* fine then. If it makes you feel better I promise that this is the final episode for today's special.

*director's sign drops down* "okay then. By the way, that you stuff you said at the start"

What stuff? I say a lot of stuff, some would say I never shut up.

*director's sign drops down* "about Thanksgiving being about family and excess."

Yeah?

*director's sign drops down* "What about the family part? The excess is obvious but I don't see any real representation of family."

The whole show's about the Green family.

*director's sign drops down* "So that's it? You’re just counting off the family aspect by technicality? That's a bit weak."

I never said that, I have one more trick up my sleeve :D

*director's sign drops down* "If you even joke about more episodes then I'm going on strike"

Seriously your paranoid, I'm not going to make you do more episodes today.

*director's sign drops down* "So what's the trick"

If you'd shush I'd get to it.

*director's sign drops down* "Go on then"

something-is-different.png

As the day begins something is different.

Yep something is certainly different but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Something is definitely....

*director's sign drops down* "JUST GET ON WITH IT AND EXPLAIN THE TABLE ALREADY!"

*hmmph* spoil sport.

For the theme of family I figured what better way to finish off the Thanksgiving special than a nice family dinner :D

*director's sign drops down* "Wait there are four people in the family but you have seven chairs?

Shush, we aren't quite there yet. All will be revealed soon.

morning-pushups.png

As we start off Saturday morning Jay, like usual, is the first one up in the morning as she does her exercises. I swear if she isn't the fittest kid at that school I will be amazed :p

quick-breakfast.png

The family quickly gets dressed and enjoys a quick breakfast.

ashley-gardens.png

After that Ashley tends to her garden.

making-family-dinner.png

Meanwhile Cassidy begins working on the big dinner for this afternoon.

just-try-to-stay-out-of-the-way.png

Jay and Zach relax and watch TV together as they just try not to be in the way.

cuddling-on-the-back-porch.png

After everything is cooked and Ashley's garden is cared for our golden locked couple settles down and snuggles on the back porch while they wait....

family-arrives.png

And as we hit mid-afternoon the wait is over as the guests arrive.

elaine.png

The more astute of you may have noticed an extra person with Reid and Gina.

Meet Reid and Gina's new daughter Elaine who despite the logic flaws is the same age as Jay and Zach. Just go with it :p

And so we have the full family here for a family dinner so we can finish off this Thanksgiving special properly :D

who-is-who-1.png

who-is-who-2.png

green-family.png

And so the Green/Hutchinson family settles down for a nice family meal together.

let-the-family-dinner-begin.png

And the meal begins :p

Now for a general summary of the primary points of the meal.

jay-and-elaine-are-fast-friends.png

Jay and Elaine hit it off quickly and became quick friends.

reid-and-gina-finally-got-married.png

Reid and Gina are finally married. I didn't show the wedding because I want to save weddings for the main family members rather than have a wedding episode for every friend or relative the family line ends up having.

zach-really-likes-roast-chicken.png

And Zach really likes roast chicken :p

play-park-after-dinner.png

After dinner they headed to the play park next door so the kids could play while the adults chatted.

And between the three kids we have a full crew for the playground space ship :D

engineer.png

Being the genius of the family Zach is the stern and serious engineer.

gunner.png

Elaine is in charge of the cannons ready to blast any enemies that dare attack.

captain.png

And of course up at the wheel we have Captain Jay ready to lead her crew throughout the galaxy.

And of course....

and-of-course.png

We have the evil space creatures played by the Hutchinson siblings :p

saying-goodbye.png

After playing at the park for a bit it's time for everyone to head home.

Jay gives Elaine a hug goodbye, I think we've finally found a best friend for Jay :)

goodnight-jay2.png

goodnight-zach2.pngAnd as we head into the evening Ashley and Cassidy say goodnight to their kids.parents-goofing-around.png

And goof around a bit after Jay and Zach are asleep.

happy-thanksgiving.png

And with that this Thanksgiving special ends with the required kiss scene bringing and end to these episodes of.....

I hope everyone enjoyed this Thanksgiving special. Happy Thanksgiving, and happy simming :D
  • Options
    And now we continue with....

When we last left our golden locked couple they got to enjoy a family get together with Cassidy's brother and his family including meeting their new niece/Jay's new best friend Elaine.

good-morning-kiss1.png

As the new day began it was still the weekend so with no rush to get anything done Cassidy took the extra time to give Ashley a good morning kiss to start the day.

jays-pushups1.png

Jay woke up slightly after and got going on her morning exercise.

cartoons-with-jay-and-zach1.png

After which she and Zach settled down to enjoy cartoons together since there was no morning rush to get ready for school.

excellen-spinach1.png

But while the kids get to relax Ashley still has to work on her garden. But it isn't that bad. She had a good harvest and made over $400 off selling the produce as well as getting her first excellent level plant (the spinach).

chatting-with-kids1.png

But while Ashley worked outside Cassidy got to relax with the kids. Seriously if that garden wasn't so lucrative I'd feel bad for Ashley that she never gets a break.

breakfast-and-plans-for-the-day1.png

But it isn't so bad as she gets to look forward to coming in to a delicious breakfast once she finishes :)

And once breakfast is done Ashley's ready to relax so....

inviting-giancarlo-and-elaine1.png

.....she and Cassidy take the kids for their first trip to the community pool. And they invite Giancarlo and Elaine along as well.

Something I noticed, adults can't invite kids to places in the game outside of their own children. :\ While both Ashley and Cassidy have met both Giancarlo and Elaine they aren't available through the travel menu unless I enter the menu with Jay or Zach as the lead, but likewise it seems that kids can't invite adults unless they are related to them.

Basically on Ashley's menu she could invite Zach and Jay along but not her niece or Giancarlo, while if I entered the menu as Jay she could invite Giancarlo and Elaine but not Gina or Reid. It just seems like a really annoying design in my opinion.

swimming-together1.png

But whatever, we got the people along we wanted in the end so Jay and Zach get to enjoy some fun at the pool with their friends :)

jays-idea1.png

And while in the pool Jay gets a mischievous idea :smirk:

splashing-zach1.png

And she and Elaine team up to splash Zach >:)

Giancarlo just stays out of the way of the splashing since Zach is their primary target, plus he probably doesn't want to get his hair wet :p

ashley-and-cassidy-sit-and-stay-back1.png

Ashley and Cassidy stay back as well enjoying chatting on the edge of the pool a safe distance from the water fight.

And as the fun time in the pool finishes up it's time to show off the various swimsuits.

jays-swimsuit1.png

First we have Jay in the lovely blue swimsuit topped with a flower, those who are attentive may notice she has a thing for flowers given her everyday jeans also feature floral decoration.

zachs-swimsuit1.png

Zach is wearing a basic black swimsuit. Nice, simple and contrasts wonderfully with his bright hair.

elaines-swimsuit1.png

Elaine is wearing a frilly pink polka dot swim suit, fitting of her more girly style in contrast to Jay.

giancarlos-swimsuit1.png

And then we have Giancarlo in a green shirt swimsuit combination. I love this sim, every time I take a picture of him he just looks like he's doing his best to look cool :p

cassidy-makes-hotdogs1.png

With swim time over Cassidy decides to make a dinner of hotdogs for everyone.

relaxing-and-chatting1.png

And everyone enjoyed sitting and chatting as they enjoyed Cassidy's cooking to finish off the pool trip.

off-to-sleep-11.png

off-to-sleep-21.png

And upon arriving home Jay and Zach head right to bed exhausted from their fun day at the pool.

parents-follow-suit1.png

And that brings this day to an end.

What will happen next?

How will Jay and Zach fare as we head into the second week of school?

What book will Cassidy write next? (fun note with "Plan C" published she is now making almost $200 per day in royalties from her two short stories and romance novel :D )

Will we ever get a picture where Giancarlo isn't acting cool? :p

Find out as we continue with.....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming.
  • Options
    Do you want more of....

Well if not your out of luck (also why have you even read this far to begin with :p )

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed a Sunday trip to the public pool along with Jay and Zach's friends Giancarlo and Elaine.

But that was Sunday which sadly means....

back-to-normal-schedule.png

....it's time to go back to the usual schedule of Jay and Zach hurriedly taking their turns in the bathroom as they get ready for school.

sit-ups.png

Well more Zach hurries, Jay takes her time as she has to do her morning exercise first anyway, no sense in bathing and then getting all sweaty by working out after all.

gardening.png

Meanwhile Ashley continues with her usual schedule as she tends her garden.

forgot-homework.png

But the otherwise usual morning runs into a snag as Jay and Zach realize that with everything going on over the weekend between the family meal with their relatives and the trip to the pool they forgot to do their homework.... yep completely their fault, they forgot, it's can't possibly in any way be the person controlling them who managed to be a dimwit *walks away nonchalantly trying to look innocent.... and failing miserably*

cassidy-gets-cereal-ready.png

But while they are doing that Cassidy is determined that they are still going to eat breakfast before leaving so she gets some quick bowls of cereal set up and ready for them when they finish.

just-enough-time-for-breakfast.png

And they do finish their homework and have just enough time to eat their cereal before having to rush out the door.

eggs-for-ashley-and-cassidy.png

After making sure the kids made it to school safely and properly fed Cassidy prepares breakfast for her and Ashley's normal quiet morning meal together.

breakfast-together.png

Or at least as quiet as it ever gets with Ashley's cheerful enthusing about the outdoors :p

royalties-flowing-in.png

And after breakfast Cassidy settles down to work on a new book. Even though she has royalties rolling in she knows those won't last forever (though admittedly I'm not sure how long they do last) and she should strike with a new piece while the iron is hot so to speak.

uh-oh.png

Or not.... that's not a good sign....

Now the question, who gets to repair the computer.

neither.png

Answer neither. These two are too cute together to be risking electrocution trying to fix a computer. Plus between Ashley's comedy, gardening, and Cassidy's royalties they have plenty of money.

So rather than trying to fix the potentially horrifically deadly computer Ashley feels it best to take the opportunity for some "fun" and they will replace the computer later.

ashley-performs.png

After their fun and with Cassidy resigned to holding off on writing a bit longer the two head down to Willow Creek so Ashley can do a couple comedy routines. Of which the paychecks easily paid for the new computer so it all works out in the end. Ashley may not be the most popular comedian but she's at least being paid well.

together-time-by-the-lake.pngAnd after finishing up at the club the two head outside to spend some time just hanging out together by the lake.kiss-where-they-had-their-first-date.png

Fun fact, this is the same place they went on their first date together :) a fact that made Ashley feel like giving Cassidy a kiss, then again as may have become obvious by this point it doesn't take much to make Ashley want to kiss Cassidy :p

take-2.png

After arriving home they get the new computer put in and Cassidy settles down to try again on starting her new story.

ashley-watches-tv-for-a-bit.png

Ashley relaxes on the couch and watches some tv.

cassidy-helps-with-homework.png

Cassidy doesn't get to far into her new book though as Jay and Zach get home and she decides to help them with their homework instead. She's enjoying being an author but it doesn't trump spending time with her kids, even if that time is over boring old schoolwork.

jay-joins-ashley-while-cassidy-and-zach-play-chess.png

And once their homework is finished Jay joins Ashley on the couch to watch some sports while Zach and Cassidy head outside to play chess.

advantages-to-the-couch.png

And Ashley and Jay enjoy some mother daughter cuddling.

ashley-makes-dinner.png

After a bit of hanging out with Jay Ashley heads to the kitchen to fix dinner, now that she's proven she can cook on her own without hurting the house or herself it makes for a nice change of pace to let Cassidy have some evenings off from cooking.

another-cooking-success.png

And the family gets to enjoy a nice meal together.

end-of-another-day.png

And with that everyone heads off to bed as we finish another day.

What will happen next?

Will Zach and Ashley ever get their grades up? (seriously school is a lot tougher than in sims 3)

Will Cassidy's new book be her first masterpiece (I honestly doubt it but it can't hurt to hope :p )

Will Ashley ever manage to get a crowd to watch her comedy? (I seriously wish Maxis would tune it so that performing sims take priority over speakers and the like because it's getting old having only family and friends ever watch Ashley's performances)

Find out when we continue with.....

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode and as always happy simming :)
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited December 2014
    Celiria wrote: »

ashley-helping-out.png

Ashley decided to help out by taking the dirty dishes upstairs and washing them for her parents while Kaley was working on the sink.

What? Max's kid, in one of my saves there's a boy, never washes the dishes lol. He just leaves them on the table when I tell him to clean up. I started to think kids didn't do it.
    Btw I'm really liking your story! This is where I am right t now. *Oct 14, end of page 2
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...