Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life and Times of.... (Grand Finale Double Feature, Thank you for Reading :) )

Comments

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Can't wait for the wedding!
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Can't wait for the wedding!

I'm glad your enjoying the updates :)

Presenting.....

life-and-times.jpg

When we last left our verdant haired heroine and her family Ashley got to try on dresses in preparation for her big day (though she wasn't nearly as happy about it as Kamryn was.... the trying on dresses part I mean, she's perfectly fine with the marriage aspect :p ). But in the end the two came to a compromise and Ashley is all ready for her big day.

And that big day is finally here. Ashley and Cassidy are done with high school, done with being teenagers, and it's time for them to take their first step together into their adult lives :)

And just so people know Ashley got the outgoing trait when she aged up, Cassidy got the creative trait.

kaley-still-working-on-wedding-painting.png

As the day started off Kaley continued working on her painting she plans to give Ashley and Cassidy as a wedding gift, still struggling as nothing she paints feels right.

kamryn-baking-the-cake.png

Meanwhile Kamryn puts her cooking skills into gear as she prepares the wedding cake.

venue.png

The two also set up the wedding venue in the side yard (yay no wedding crashers this time :D )

The venue is fully set up with plenty of seats, a piano, a hired musician for the piano, a place for the cake, and... oh god they included a bar. Well at least we know Traci's going to have a good time :p

The wedding was going to be in the morning but I ended up having to push it back to afternoon because for some reason Cassidy's brother hadn't aged up yet and was at school.

one-bride.png

But we hit 3 o'clock school let out and we can officially start the festivities now that everyone is available to be invited :)

Cassidy chatted with Kaley a bit as they finished making sure everything was ready. Kamryn was upstairs helping Ashley get ready.

guests.png

Shortly after, the guests showed up and Cassidy thanked everyone for coming, though they are her family and they live right across the road so I don't think there was any reason they wouldn't be there..... family..... across the road..... I'm sorry but I have to do this....

Why did the family cross the road? To get to the wedding on the other side :p

That may be one of the worst jokes I've ever told but I could not resist.

presenting.png

And as everyone is showing up Kamryn comes out of the house to present the other lovely bride for the day....

bride-two.png

Introducing the lovely Ashley Green wearing the slightly odd combination of the fancy wedding dress and her hat. That was the compromise. Ashley gave in on wearing the dress but she was going to wear her hat as well just so she didn't feel completely weird. Personally I think it's a fitting combination.

hug-between-the-happy-couple.png

And Cassidy happily hugs her soon to be wife.

And then Ashley has a surprise for Cassidy....

last-minute-proposal.png

She drops on one knee and asks Cassidy to marry her :p

Since the pair only exchanged promise rings when they were teens Ashley felt it only appropriate that she give Cassidy a proper proposal before the wedding begins. Plus Ashley likely found the look of surprise on Cassidy's face hilarious, after all how many people expect to be proposed to at their wedding :p

And with that we are ready to begin... wait.... we're missing someone.... okay we have Kaley, Kamryn, Reid, Dominick, Amaya, both brides..... where's Traci?

is-anyone-surprised.png

Is anyone really surprised?

But it's fine we can deal with it after all fish gotta swim birds gotta fly and apparently Traci's gotta drink at weddings :p

really-your-aging-up-now.png

And apparently Cassidy's parents have to age up at weddings......

Can we get to the ceremony now? Any other interruptions.

*director sign walks in* "Hi there"

Wait why are you still in your Halloween costume?

*director sign changes the text on his costume* "Because you didn't expect it, surprise is an essential element for comedy after all"

Hardy har har, can we get the wedding now?

*director sign changes the text on his costume* "Yeah that's fine, I have no real reason for being here other than for sake of a humorous yet unnecessary gag in what would otherwise be a mostly serious episode. A plan devised by your usual policy of anything for a laugh"

Really we're getting into the "peek behind the curtain/reasoning behind the gag" jokes now? Let's just get on with the wedding.

kaley-and-kamryn-front-row.png

Good Kaley and Kamryn are in the front row and seated

reid.png

Come on Reid sit down as well.

traci-tears-herself-away-from-the-bar.png

Okay we got Traci away from the bar now just sit down so we can get to the ceremony. Sheesh getting non player sims to cooperate is a pain at times.

now-we-can-begin.png

But everyone finally gets seated and we can begin.

exchanging-vows.png

Ashley and Cassidy happily hold hands and exchange their vows.

exchanging-rings.png

And they exchange rings.

i-now-present-the-second-mrs-and-mrs-green.png

I now am happy to present the new Mrs. and Mrs. Green :D

you-may-kiss-the-brides.png

You may kiss the bride.....s

hug-from-amaya.png

As the ceremony finishes Cassidy receives a hug from her mother.

congrats-from-kaley.png

Kaley happily congratulates Ashley

reid-hits-up-the-bar.png

Reid doesn't congratulate anyone as he is busy hitting up the bar. *sigh* I guess every family has one. First Traci now Reid.

congrats-from-dominick.png

Dominick congratulates Cassidy on her wedding for both himself and Reid (who just keeps on drinking in the background, he was happy for his sister and did congratulate her later though)

amaya-congratulates-kaley-and-ashley.png

Amaya goes over and congratulates Ashley

new-cake.png

While all the congratulating is going on Kamryn and Traci disappeared inside (Traci accompanied by another drink of course). Due to the delays from Reid being at school, Dominick and Amaya aging up, and the general chaos of getting everyone seated the cake spoiled. So Kamryn is quickly making a new one. Traci is there for moral support, the drink is also there for moral support :p

fast-cake.png

And Kamryn quickly comes back outside with a new cake for the lovely couple (and I will add possibly the quickest made cake ever, props to Kamryn)

feeding-each-other-cake.png

And the happy couple feed each other cake (this is still one of the cutest interactions in my opinion).

thats-ashleys-rabbit.png

Really.... just to confirm that is Ashley's clay rabbit. The bartender left his bar, went into the house, up to Ashley's room, and grabbed the rabbit before coming back down to the bar he was supposed to be tending and proceeded to mold the clay back into a clay blob..... the rabbit Ashley made as a kid..... he destroyed it at her wedding..... in front of her..... I.... I'm not sure what to say about this.....

suddenly-there-was-no-bartender.png

And then suddenly there was no bartender at the wedding.

And with that the wedding comes to an end and everyone starts to head home except for one plum bartender who appears to have been wiped from existence *narrator glances around innocently next to the delete button*

time-for-kaley-and-kamryns-gifts-to-the-new-couple.png

But we aren't finished yet as we still have Kaley and Kamryn's gifts to the new couple.

kaleys-new-painting.png

Kaley ended up not getting a painting that felt right so she gave them the red bird painting she had made in an earlier episode.

But Kaley and Kamryn aren't done. Last time they refurnished Kaley's room as a birthday present. Can they top that?

new-home-in-oasis-springs.png

Yes, yes they can.

Kaley and Kamryn sold all of Kaley's paintings and used money they had saved up to purchase Ashley and Cassidy a nice family home in Oasis Springs.

Time for the tour :)

living-room-dining-room-kitchen.png

To start off we have a nice dining room/kitchen/living room area.

master-bedroom.png

A good sized master bedroom.

master-bathroom.png

The master bath

twin-bedrooms.png

A pair of twin bedrooms perfect for the "big happy family" that Cassidy wants.

second-bathroom.png

The second bathroom

backyard.png

And to top it all off a spacious back yard complete with a back patio and a gardening area for Ashley.

After the tour of the new house Kaley and Kamryn headed home after Kamryn gives a not so subtle comment that they "should leave so these two can enjoy some "privacy" in their new home."

new-couple-in-their-new-home.png

Cassidy blushes wildly at Kamryn's comment as the older couple leaves but Ashley just throws her arms around her, happy that she is finally married and ready to start her new life with Cassidy.

flirting.png

And now as they settle into their new home there is one question left in Ashley's mind.

my-dress-or-yours.png

Which does she want more? To get out of the dress she's been uncomfortably stuck in all day, or to get Cassidy out of hers?

so-starts-a-new-chapter.png

Why not both ;)

And with that the big day is over. Ashley and Cassidy are finally married and are ready to start off the first chapter in their lives together.

What will happen next time as we begin Gen 2?

What career will Cassidy choose to go into?

How long until the two start to expand their family?

Will Ashley ever wear a dress again? (not a chance in plum)

Find out on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and is looking forward to the start of Gen 2. And as always happy simming :)
    Yay!! So freaking cute! I love it. I'm happy for them.
    edited November 2014
    Sorry no episode today as I am trying to sort some stuff out.

In the meantime I have a choice for everyone regarding my Kaley Green story. Warning numbers ahead.

A friend in another topic commented on it feeling to fast a period that we went from Kaley and Kamryn to Ashley and Cassidy. Overall according to my picture folders on my computer the story has been going from when Kaley started to Ashley and Cassidy's wedding for a total of 47 sim days.

By my calculations based on the normal age length I currently use, a generation in my game (the start of young adult stage to when the children move out and we follow them) is around 39-49 sim days.

I am thinking of switching to a mod that would adjust the age lengths. This would increase the generation length to 75-90 days per generation.

Just for clarity the increases would be:

baby
    normal 3 days
    my ages 15 days

child
    normal 13 days
    my ages 21 days

teen
    normal 13 days
    my ages 21 days

young adult
    normal 20 days
    my ages 33 days

adult
    normal 20 days
    my ages 90 days (though I'm trying to figure out how to lower it to 75)

Elder
    normal ???? (I don't know the base elder age length though it also varies based on various factors)
    my ages 15 days (once again this would vary based on various factors)

This would mean that generations would obviously last longer (as would overall life span) but at the same time things wouldn't progress as quickly.

If I implement this I will also be moving Ashley and Cassidy into a new world file so that the sudden age shift doesn't cause any potential issues regarding the townies. This means that various sims they know would be left behind though I will try to transfer as many primary sims as possible with them.

I have also already played a little bit of Ashley and Cassidy after the wedding. I would still use these episodes but their ages might reset through the course of the change and some progress with gardening and other such things might not transfer (I'm not sure if saving the lot to my bin saves plants as well). So they would be extra days so to speak and might not perfectly mesh with the events after the change.

So what do you think. Should I stick with the current age setting I've been using or should I do the age adjustment consequences and all.

edit: I finished what I was working on earlier than expected so there will be an update today :p
    Post edited by Celiria on
    And now we begin the first episode of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

As seen on the Gen one finale our golden locked couple has finally tied the knot and thanks to the wonderful gift of a new house from Kaley and Kamryn are ready to start their new life together.

start-of-a-new-era.png

After the previous night of extricating herself (and her beautiful bride ;) )from the abominations that were wedding dresses Ashley wakes up excited to begin her new life with Cassidy.

good-morning-mrs-green.png

Cassidy is happy to start their new life as well and greets Ashley with a morning embrace.

Sadly there isn't much time for a relaxing first morning as now that they have moved out on their own they need to get some errands out of the way.

new-item-guitar.png

To start off they purchased some new items for the house with their starting funds.

Cassidy got the creative trait when she became an adult so she decided she wanted to try her hand at playing guitar.

new-item-chess-table.png

They also got a chess table (which Cassidy will probably enjoy more than Ashley seeing as she always wins :p )

new-garden.png

Meanwhile Ashley bought some seeds and got started on her new garden.

the-new-era-of-eggs.png

While she did that, Cassidy decided to try her hand at making breakfast (she's probably still nervous about Ashley's cooking thanks to the burger incident when they first started dating). She decides to make eggs (yay a new generation of "egg" jokes :D )

cooking-prodigy.png

O.O or not as Cassidy proceeds to make the eggs without any issues at all despite having no skill in cooking.

garden-set-up.png

Ashley finishes setting up her garden and heads inside for breakfast.

She planted grapes, mushrooms, blue bells, carrots, daisy , snapdragons, spinach, chrysanthemums, and strawberries. She also planted an apple tree in a separate corner of the yard.

breakfast-for-the-new-couple.png

And it seems Cassidy's cooking is as good as she made it look as Ashley praises her cooking. Admittedly it's just scrambled eggs but she's the first sim I've had make them without problem so that's impressive in my book.

modified-the-kitchen.png

I also modified the kitchen a bit.

watering.png

After breakfast Ashley went back outside to finish with her garden for the day while Cassidy got dressed.

visitors.png

While Ashley watered her garden a couple familiar faces came by to visit and see how the couple were adjusting to their new home.

By the thought bubbles over Kamryn's head I got the sense that she said some more things that made Cassidy blush.

welcome-hug-for-kamryn.png

When Ashley finished tending to her garden she came in and was happy to see her parents. Cassidy was just happy to have the conversation turn away from whatever Kamryn had been saying :p

But after talking for a bit Kaley and Kamryn had to go so they said goodbye and left the young couple to the rest of their first day.

writing-assistant.png

Cassidy quickly took the time to get a job. She is going to be working as a writing assistant for the local news group.

chess.png

With that out of the way and most of the main errands done for the day Cassidy decided it was time to spend some time just relaxing with Ashley, so she challenged her to a game of chess (I'm not sure Ashley will find this relaxing :\ )

still-not-ashleys-fote.png

It's very clear that chess is still not Ashley's forte.

cheating.png

So Ashley decides to cheat and go with a new tactic. Distract her opponent with flirting and promises of "favors" :p

It didn't work, Cassidy still won, though Ashley still ended up delivering the promised favors afterwards so I don't think she was that upset about losing.

go-for-a-walk.png

After their chess game fun (and post-chess game fun) the two decided to go for a walk and take a look around the neighborhood they've moved into.

mikel-kelly.png

They met one of their neighbors (Mikel Kelly). He seemed to be a generally nice guy and happily chatted with them for a bit. He lives in the neighborhood just down the street and cheerfully welcomed Ashley and Cassidy to the neighborhood.

darian.png

Really!? It turns out this jerk lives in the neighborhood as well. His name is Darian. Also an interesting fact. He has a wife and teenage son. So not only did he attempt to hit on Kaley and Kamryn but he did so while being married himself..... just wow.

Thankfully he didn't try to talk to the two girls and they just avoided him.

play-park-next-door.png

Their wandering around the neighborhood also revealed that there was a children's playground right next door. Perfect for their future family :)

Seriously, two extra bedrooms to expand into, a big backyard already set for gardening, playground next door. Kaley and Kamryn couldn't have picked a better house if they tried.

enjoy-dinner-flawlessly-cooked-by-cassidy.png

As it started to get late the couple returned home and enjoyed another superbly cooked meal from Cassidy.

off-to-bed.png

And with that the two headed off to bed.

What will happen as we continue through the life of Ashley and her loving wife Cassidy?

Will Ashley's career take off as she takes aims to become a professional comedian?

Will Cassidy continue to be an amazing cook (sorry to Ashley I know you took the lessons from your parents and all but I think Cassidy should stick to doing the cooking)?

How will Cassidy's first days of work go?

Find out as we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the start of Gen 2, and as always happy simming :)
    Time for more...

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they started their new life in oasis springs, met some of the neighbors, Ashley started her new garden and Cassidy got a job as a writing assistant.

cassidy-continues-to-make-breakfast.png

But as the second day kicks off Cassidy doesn't have work so she starts the day off taking her time to fix breakfast.

working-on-her-garden.png

Meanwhile Ashley tends to her garden.

chat-while-gardening.png

As breakfast is done cooking Cassidy goes outside to chat with Ashley while she finishes her gardening. Sadly it seems that gardening requires Ashley's focus so she can't really talk (aka the game won't let them garden and chat at the same time for some odd reason :\ )

enjoyed-breakfast.png

But as soon as she finishes Ashley is happy to go inside and chat with Cassidy while they enjoy breakfast.

practiced-guitar-for-a-bit.png

And after breakfast Ashley goes to wash off the dirt from gardening while Cassidy tries out her guitar for the first time. Then Cassidy quickly gets dressed because....

comedy-club.png

Ashley's going to try stand up again for the first time since her unsuccessful first attempt when they were teens.

new-try-at-comedy.png

Here goes nothing....

not-that-interested.png

Sadly the other patrons at the lounge aren't that interested in Ashley's jokes and go off to talk or head over to the bar.

persistant.png

But Ashley persists and at least gets a new level in comedy. Though she earned no money.

has-at-least-one-fan.png

No matter what though she at least has one fan.

cassidy-thinks-ashley-did-great.png

Cassidy thinks Ashley did a great job, admittedly she's biased but loving embraces are good biased or not :)

sit-to-relax-on-a-nearby-bench.png

Having finished at the lounge the two head outside to relax on a nearby bench.

cassidy-still-thinks-ashley-is-a-great-comedian.png

Cassidy still maintains that Ashley is a great comedian no matter what the other patrons think.

kids-playing.png

While they are sitting some kids show up to play at the park near them.

cassidy-wants-kids-someday.png

Cassidy would really like to have kids someday.

not-right-now-but-definitely-eventually.png

Sadly they can't handle a child at the moment but Ashley promises that one day they will definitely have a family together.

ashley-makes-dinner-while-cassidy-practices-a-bit-more.png

When they get home Ashley insists on making dinner so Cassidy messes around with her guitar a little more.

and-the-results.png

And the results are.....

not-good.png

Not good.

We definitely need to stick with Cassidy's cooking.

can-barely-see-the-stars.png

After dinner they decide to relax on the back porch and watch the stars.

Sadly you really can't see the stars that well :(

plan-b.png

So they go to plan B

plan-c.png

Which leads to finishing the day off with plan C. Based on the number of hearts I'd say they really liked plan C :p

and that's it for this update.

What will happen next time?

Will plan C become the new plan A from now on :p ?

Will Ashley ever become a star comedian?

Will Cassidy make sure to cook from now on (for both their sakes I really hope so) ?

Find out when we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

As always I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I just discovered your story today, and I'm really enjoying it! What a great family! I love the light touch you use in your game-play, allowing for lots of autonomy. Thanks for writing this!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I just discovered your story today, and I'm really enjoying it! What a great family! I love the light touch you use in your game-play, allowing for lots of autonomy. Thanks for writing this!

I'm glad your enjoying it :) though to be honest I meddle more and more as the story progresses. Basically I let them be almost fully autonomous until a personality starts to form then I am free to interfere and make them do things as long as I stay within that personality. So it's half meddling with occasional points of heavy meddling (such as Kaley and Kamryn's first kiss which if I had waited for Kaley to get the courage, would have taken forever :p )

Now to continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley did some stand up at the local lounge, though her only fan at the moment is Cassidy. Afterwards the two relaxed on a bench watching kids playing at the park and dreaming about expanding their family some day.

retrieved-painting-1.png

To start off this chapter some good news, I managed to retrieve the paintings Ashley was supposed to take with her when she and Cassidy moved to the new house so she now has her birthday painting from when she became a teen.

retrieved-painting-2.png

And the bird painting that was Kaley's gift to them for the wedding :)

ashley-tends-her-garden.png

Outside of that the day started pretty normally. Ashley tended to her plants.

cassidy-makes-breakfast.png

And Cassidy fixed breakfast

the-two-enjoy-breakfast.png

And the two quickly enjoyed their meal together before Cassidy had to head off to her first day of work.

have-a-good-day-at-work.png

But Ashley wasn't letting her leave without a goodbye kiss from her lovely wife :)

After Cassidy left Ashley quickly found herself bored. She can't work on her comedy at the moment because they don't have enough for a computer, desk, and chair at the moment. They don't have a TV yet, and her gardening is already done.

bored-so-goes-for-a-jog.png

So Ashley decided to go for a jog around the neighborhood. She loves the outdoors and since she's social she figured she might meet some new people.

krystle-bryan.png

Such as Krystal Bryan who happened to be walking by (just a fun fact Krystle is in a lesbian relationship as well so she and Ashley already have something in common for friendship :) ) and she was friendly as Ashley chatted with her so yay new friend :D

Sadly the joy wasn't to last....

parents-passed-away.png

Ashley received a call from the Hutchinson's telling her that her parents had passed away that morning. So she said goodbye to Krystle and went to the cemetery (not my creation, I got it off the gallery though I forgot to note who made it).

cassidy-leaves-work-early.png

Cassidy heard from her family as well and quickly apologized to her boss and took off from work early knowing that it was more important to be with Ashley right now.

comforting-embrace.png

A comforting hug from Cassidy helps...

theres-only-so-much-you-can-do.png

...but there's only so much you can do for someone in this situation.

Ashley is devastated by the loss of Kaley and Kamryn and understandably isn't in the mood to be cheered up right now.

So the two just silently head home.

cassidy-talks-to-her-parents.png

Once home Cassidy calls her parents. They aren't spring chickens themselves and given the situation she feels the need to talk to them and let them know she loves them.

ashley-just-cries.png

Meanwhile Ashley just curled up under the covers of their bed and cried. The wonderful parents that had adopted her and raised her with as much love as they could.... and now they were gone.

I have to say this was the part that got me the most. Whoever did the sound for the game was amazing because the sobs were some of the most heart breaking sounds I've ever heard in a game :(

cassidy-just-has-a-quick-meal.png

Cassidy ended up just eating a quick meal of yogurt on her own since Ashley had cried herself to sleep.

joins-ashley.png

And then Cassidy climbed into bed, holding her wife close as she drifted off to sleep as well.

And that's it for this update.

Join us next time as we continue with.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg
    edited November 2014
    In memory of Kaley and Kamryn

long-talk.png

The day they met

first-kiss1.png

Their first date

kamryn-angry.png

They fought

proposal.png

They made up

kiss-picture.png

They were great together

official.png

Through marriage

happy-new-home.png

and buying a house

ashleigh-green.png

and adoption

step-7-no-kissing-yet.png

Their love for each other never weakened

step-16-cake-or-cake.png

And there was "cake"

very-much-still-in-love.png

even as they grew old and gray

cassidy-stays-for-dinner.png

and watched their daughter grow up before their eyes

passion-continues.png

Their love never faltered

Rest in Peace Kaley and Kamryn. You were a blast for every second :(
  • Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    OMG I am so sad to see Kaley and Kamryn go. but on a side note I love your story please,please,please keep writing.
    @Silvereyes83 don't worry I have no intent to stop the story :) I'm still enjoying it and as long as it's fun for me I will keep playing and posting it.
    And now we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple.... Kaley and Kamryn passed away :(

juice.png

And as the new day starts Ashley is still struggling to cope with parents deaths. She wakes up early and tries to calm down a little with a glass of orange juice but it doesn't do much.

So she decides to just try and work on her garden for a bit....

water-with-tears.png

....but that doesn't go well either as she ends up just crying some more (this is an actual interaction in the game called "water plants with tears" O.o It's a nice touch but a bit depressing :( )

comforting-from-cassidy.png

Cassidy waking and hearing the sobbing from the backyard goes outside to try and comfort Ashley.

cassidy-helps-out.png

And she stays and helps Ashley finish her gardening for the day.

cassidy-makes-breakfast1.png

Afterwards Cassidy heads in and fixes breakfast

silent-meal.png

Though Ashley's mood is still low so the meal just goes by in silence.

kiss-on-the-cheek-before-work.png

Cassidy wants to stay with Ashley but she has to go to work, and since she left early yesterday not showing up today probably wouldn't reflect well. So she just gives Ashley a kiss on the cheek and tries to comfort her a little more before heading off to work, still wishing that she could do more to help Ashley through this.

sad-jogging.png

Ashley decides to get out and go for a jog but even being outside on a beautiful day isn't making her feel any better.

in-front-of-tracis-house.png

And eventually she finds herself in front of Traci's house. While she hadn't planned to go there she figures it might help to talk to her aunt, after all Kamryn was Traci's sister so this must be hitting her hard as well.

ask-for-advice-from-aunt-traci.png

To her surprise though Ashley finds Traci in a decent mood. Confused about this she asks advice from her Aunt about handling her parents deaths, and how Traci isn't a wreck like she is.

her-sister-was-happy.png

Traci moves to sit next to the distraught young girl and answers simply that she's not upset because she knows Kamryn was happy. She misses her sister of course just like anyone would miss a loved one who dies but she knows that Kamryn had no regrets. Kamryn and Kaley were happy. They were happy to have each other, they were happy to have gotten to raise Ashley as their child, they were happy to see Ashley get married, and they were happy just to get to live the lives they had lived. While death is sad Traci knows that Kamryn went with no regrets having enjoyed every minute of the life she'd had.

hug-from-traci.png

The older woman stands and pulls her niece into a hug. Death happens, and it hurts. But it doesn't help to fall apart over it and that isn't what Kamryn would have wanted for Ashley. She would want Ashley to remember the happy times and continue on to have more happy times in her own life with Cassidy. Remember the joy of Kaley and Kamryn's lives not sorrow at their loss. It's okay to feel sad, but don't let that ruin the joy you can feel in your own life.

happy-not-great-but-happy.png

By the time Ashley leaves Traci's house she's feeling better. Still not great but she's at least feeling like she can move on.

cherries.png

As she heads home she sees a cherry tree growing behind the playground and decides to pick some cherries for her garden.

planting-the-new-tree.png

And she plants it next to her apple tree at home.

practice-chess.png

After that she practices chess for a bit so maybe she might be able to beat Cassidy some day.

attempts-dinner.png

As it starts to get late she decides to make dinner for when Cassidy gets home as an apology for the worry Ashley has caused her (though knowing Ashley's cooking it may cause more worry :\ )

pulls-into-a-full-kiss.png

As Cassidy arrives home expecting to find Ashley still mourning her parents she is surprised as she is grabbed and pulled into a deep kiss.

ashleys-dinner-not-as-good.png

Sadly the dinner Ashley made doesn't turn out nearly as well

cassidy-is-just-happy-ashleys-feeling-better.png

But Cassidy doesn't care, she's just happy to have the cheerful girl she married back and to know that Ashley is feeling better :)

cassidy-pulls-ashley-off-to-bed.png

And Ashley is certainly back to her normal self as she whispers naughtily in Cassidy's ear before guiding her off to the bedroom for some plan C.

and with that this day in the lives of Ashley and Cassidy comes to a close. What will happen next?

Will Ashley's comedy career finally take off?

Will Ashley ever learn to cook? (I really think we just need to stick with Cassidy's cooking honestly)?

Will plan C become a new running gag? (Yes)

Find out on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode. Happy simming :)
    *curtain raises* To be or not to be that is not the question, the real question is what will happen today on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

No this isn't a special Shakespeare episode I was just trying to come up with an intro and that came to mind

*director's sign drops down* "Awww, I was excited. I make a great Mercutio.

You realize he dies right, then again who doesn't in that play.

*director's sign drops down* "O.o Dude SPOILERS"

Really? It's Romeo and Juliet. Most people have read it (or been forced to read it if you went to an American high school). Plus I think after 400 years the spoiler period has solidly ended.

Notice: If we have spoiled Romeo and Juliet for you we apologize but seriously, it's been out for 417 years :p

Yep Romeo and Juliet references, we're classing this show up.... but don't expect it to last long, this is me we're talking about so there's bound to be a woohoo joke or some other low brow humor soon :p

When we last left off Ashley started managing to cope with her parents passing after some kind words and advice from Aunt Traci.

first-harvest.png

And as the next morning starts Ashley is pretty much back to her normal cheerful self :)

Also her harvests are starting to earn some good money. She earned around $160 from this harvest :)

new-computer.png

Which she used to finally get a computer set up in their house. I also got them a better bed.

finish-up-the-routine.png

Ashley wasted no time in using the new computer to start working on her first official comedy routine.

pancakes.png

Meanwhile Cassidy went to the kitchen and started on breakfast.

chatting-over-breakfast.png

Ashley took a break from working on her routine to enjoy pancakes with Cassidy.

Apparently they were really good pancakes too as both of them became flirty over breakfast.

more-plan-c.png

Which lead to more distraction from Ashley working on her routine, though I doubt she was complaining (Plan C for the win :p p.s. I told you the classiness wouldn't last :grin: ). Luckily Cassidy doesn't have work today so she won't have to worry about being late.

finish-up-the-routine.png

After having their fun Cassidy went to take a cold shower while Ashley finished up writing her comedy routine.

cassidy-feels-like-making-cookies.png

Cassidy also baked cookies because she felt like baking cookies. Honestly there is no real reason behind it she just randomly got the whim to bake cookies just out of the blue.

jog.png

Ashley finally completed her routine so she and Cassidy went for a jog.

visit-the-club-in-willow-creek.png

They went over to Willow Creek so that Ashley could try out her new routine at the local club.

kiara-again.png

As they entered they ran into Kiara Abernathy. For those who don't remember she was the girl at the park who Ashley tried to be friends with and instead Kiara made fun of her face.

Well now she gets to see what she missed out on. If she'd been nice who knows how differently things could have gone. But it doesn't matter. Ashley has Cassidy and that's perfectly fine with her :)

trying-her-new-routine.png

Ashley went up to the mic and tried out her new routine. And finally her comedy pays off (quite literally) as she earns $75 for the performance.

I can already see this being a very lucrative career choice but I'm going to play fair and limit how much she can do per day. I will allow her to do three routines per day and she's not allowed to repeat routines during a single set. Since she only has the one routine at the moment she is done for the day, but hey $75 isn't to shabby for a first real performance.

tickling-and-congratulation.png

After Ashley finishes the couple head out back to a bench and Cassidy cheerfully congratulates Ashley on her first pay check as a comedian.

happy-for-ashley.png

Cassidy always knew Ashley would do well :)

lillies-and-roses.png

The two decide to go for a walk by the lake for the remainder of their afternoon in Willow Creek. Ashley spotted some lilies as they were going by and picked them for her garden, she also found some roses as well.

happy-afternoon-together.png

But Ashley keeps her focus on the most beautiful flower standing right in front of her.

nobodies-around.png

And nobodies around so they have the privacy for some kissing down by the lake side as the finish up their afternoon in Willow Creek.

new-plants.png

When they arrive home Ashley heads to her garden to plant her new flowers.

chess-match.png

After which the two enjoy a relaxing game of chess.

ashley-finally-wins-one.png

And Ashley's practice yesterday bears fruit as she finally wins a game against Cassidy.

cassidy-starts-on-dinner.png

As it starts to get late Cassidy fixes dinner.

ashley-works-on-a-new-routine1.png

Meanwhile Ashley starts working on another comedy routine.

dinner-together.png

The couple enjoy their dinner together before Cassidy heads off to bed.

ashley-stays-up-late-working.png

Ashley stays up late though finishing her routine. She told Cassidy they would definitely have a family together some day and the sooner they get the money to get everything set up the sooner she can make Cassidy's wish come true :)

And that's it for this episode.

Will the two be able to expand their family soon?

Will Ashley's comedy career take off?

Will the American high school system ever stop shoving Shakespeare down students throats? (seriously I get he's good but nothing is fun when your being forced to read it :\ )

Find out next time (except for that American high school bit, that likely won't come up :p ) on.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode. Happy simming :)
    Just a couple things.

1. I just realized I forgot to resize the first picture of my update. It's not a huge deal so I'm not that worried about fixing it but if it causes issues for anyone let me know and I will go back and resize it.

2. This is the last episode before I switched to the new age spans. I ended up just deleting the non-important families rather than changing worlds so all the familiar faces should be there.

Specifically if anybody is curious the families that stayed were:

Kiara Abernathy

Zuri Costello

Mitchell Temple (these are the three kids Ashley met at the park when she was a child, I'm not sure if I ever showed Mitchell but I kept him just in case)

The Hutchinsons (Cassidy's family)

Traci Jaramillo (Ashley's aunt)

The Kelly family (the family of the guy Ashley and Cassidy chatted with)

The Bryan family (The family of the woman that Ashley chatted with during one of her jogs)

The Hawk family (the jerk who hit on Kaley and Kamryn, he's kept to himself since then so he gets to remain for now)
    Join us for more....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed an afternoon in Willow Creek after Ashley finally earned her first paycheck as a stand up comedian.

cassidy-making-breakfast.png

Cassidy starts the day off by fixing breakfast.

couples-breakfast-together.png

Ashley wakes up a bit later since she was up late the night before working on the computer. But she is up in time to enjoy a nice chat with Cassidy over breakfast.

play-guitar-for-a-little-bit.png

After their meal Cassidy gets dressed and plays her guitar for a bit.

trees-coming-in-nicely.png

Meanwhile Ashley heads out back to work on her garden. Her apple and cherry trees are growing in quite nicely.

have-a-good-day-at-work1.png

And she finishes her gardening just in time to give her wife a kiss goodbye before Cassidy heads off to work.

try-out-her-new-comedy-routines.png

After Cassidy leaves Ashley gets out of the house as well to go and try out her comedy routines at the lounge in Oasis Springs.

someone-other-than-cassidy.png

She's clearly getting better as someone that isn't Cassidy watches her performance for a change. The $150 she earns doesn't hurt her opinion of her comedy skill either :p

fine-tune-her-routines.png

After getting her paycheck she returns home and works on refining her routines.

really-happy-with-what-shes-got.png

At least she finds the refinements funny. Hey as they say if you can't make yourself laugh why would you expect others to.

After finishing her work for the day she chats with Traci for a bit. She knows her aunt won't be around too much longer so she wants to keep in touch while she can.

welcome-home.png

Speaking of in touch :p

Cassidy is greeted by Ashley as she returns from work.

Cassidy had a tough day at work and asks Ashley for a backrub.

thats-not-a-backrub.png

Uh Ashley, that's not a backrub.

Oh who cares, it's not like Cassidy's complaining :p

quck-meal-and-off-to-bed.png

The two finally separate and have a quick meal before heading to bed.

And that's it for this episode. What will happen next?

Will the public find Ashley's refinements to her routines as funny as she does?

What will Cassidy do as she heads into her days off? (she really seems to have a lot of those)

Will Ashley learn the actual meaning of a backrub? (will Cassidy even bother to correct her :p )

Find out on the next episode of.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and as always, Happy Simming :)
    And onward we go into a new episode of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley continued to work hard at both her garden and comedy as she strives to help earn enough so that Cassidy can have the big happy family she desires.

woke-up-early.png

And Cassidy fully realizes this and when she woke up earlier than usual she decided it was a perfect opportunity to return the favor.

surprise-for-ashley.png

Cassidy quietly headed to the kitchen and began fixing breakfast so she could surprise Ashley with breakfast in bed.

breakfast-in-bed.png

And she finishes just in time as Ashley wakes up.

really-good-breakfast-in-bed.png

Ashley seems to really be enjoying Cassidy's surprise :)

other-ideas-for-bed.png

And based on the smile on her face Ashley has a surprise in mind for Cassidy as well.

woohoo.png

It's a good thing they remembered to put the dishes aside on the dresser before their fun :p

kissing.png

Even after they finish the two still aren't quite done with each other yet.

krystle-came-but-no-answer.png

It seems Ashley's friend Krystal came to visit but got no response to her knock at the door. Admittedly the two were a bit distracted :p

practice-writing.png

After they finally end their romantic morning Cassidy gets dressed and works on her writing skill for her job.

spray-for-bugs.png

Meanwhile Ashley gets a late start on her gardening for the day. She's now a high enough level in gardening that she can spray for bugs.

After she finishes though Ashley is tired of being cooped up at home (even though she technically spent the second half of the morning outside :p ) and decides to pull Cassidy away from the computer for some time out of the house.

relax-at-the-park.png

They head down to the park to relax as they watch the kids playing in the park while dreaming about having their own children some day.

mother-and-son.png

Cassidy feels a bit jealous as she watches a mom and child hugging on the playground.

But Ashley assures Cassidy that she'll be able to do the same as soon as possible.

third-routine.png

After their day in the park they return home and Ashley starts working on a third routine.

making-fish.png

Cassidy works on making some fish and chips for dinner.

dinner-together1.png

Ashley breaks away from her work as Cassidy calls her to dinner.

new-tv.png

After dinner the two settled down on the couch chat while watching their new TV :) (it sets their funds back a little from their main goal but I figured a TV was something they should get)

another-late-night.png

Afterwards Ashley returns to her comedy routine and spends another late night working while Cassidy heads to bed. The late nights are tough but it's the only way for Ashley to balance working to make Cassidy's desire for children come true while still being able to have time to spend with Cassidy.

And that's it for this update.

What will happen next?

Can Ashley maintain this balance between work and play?

How much longer will it take for them to finally get set up for children?

How much longer can I keep coming up with these questions :p (seriously it's tough coming up with questions when things are staying fairly quiet :p )

Find out on the continuing episodes of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

Happy simming everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the update :)
    Just letting people know there won't be any Life and Times updates for a couple days. I strained an old wrist injury gathering up leaves and am stuck in a brace. It's nothing severe but it's enough that I don't need to be doing much typing for a little bit.
    Feel better soon!
    And after a couple days of keeping my wrist in the brace I am back and my wrist is back to normal :) which of course means

It is time for.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed a relatively quiet day of breakfast (and other post-breakfast activities) in bed and hung out at the park together since Cassidy had the day off.

stubborn-ashley.png

But today Cassidy has to work, so Ashley decides to return the favor by making Cassidy breakfast in bed before she has to head to work.

she-can-do-this.png

Ashley is pretty proud of herself. The food is cooking well and she can already picture the look of joy on Cassidy's face as Ashley whisks her off her feet with breakfast and a good morning kiss.

or-not.png

But it seems Ashley should have done less day dreaming and paid more attention to the food :p

And as she beats on the pan trying to salvage the meal Cassidy wakes up and walks out to the kitchen completely ruining Ashley's planned surprise. Well admittedly Cassidy was probably surprised but not in a good way. Burning food isn't exactly the best smell to wake up to in the morning :p

leave-the-cooking-to-cassidy.png

But she appreciates the thought at least and loves Ashley even if she can't cook. It probably would be best though if Ashley would just leave the cooking to Cassidy but then again I've said this multiple times and Ashley keeps wanting to try anyway.

restart-breakfast.png

So Cassidy restarts breakfast.

better-at-gardening.png

While Ashley heads outside to work on her garden, something she is good at as her garden is proving to be a solid source of income. Though in exchange it is taking more and more time to tend as at this point she has to water, weed, harvest, spray for bugs, and evolve plants. But seeing as gardening also provides more freedom and flexibility for her day she can't really complain.

better-breakfast.png

She takes a break to go in and enjoy breakfast with Cassidy.

have-a-good-day-at-work3.png

And gives Cassidy a goodbye kiss afterwards as she heads off to work.

fertilize.png

Ashley follows suit and heads back out to finish her gardening. She can now fertilize her garden (though much to my annoyance there isn't a "fertilize with best" option like there was in sims 3 so I have to fertilize each one separately :\ )

comedy-flop.png

After finishing up with her garden Ashley heads down to the lounge to pursue her other source of income. Sadly this one doesn't pay out so well today. I see now why comedy earns so much, it's finicky. It seems routines are dependent on people listening to you. If nobody listens you don't earn anything and today everyone seemed more interested in chatting over by the bar than listening to Ashley's jokes.

work-out-frustration.png

Irritated by the time she finished her set Ashley decided to "work out" her frustrations at the gym (ah the joy of puns :p ).

katelin-rosario.png

While there she also got to meet some new people. Starting with Katelin Rosario.

shayla-hawk.png

She also met Shayla Hawk who is the wife of Darian Hawk (aka the jerk who hit on Kaley and Kamryn). She has my deepest sympathies for being married to that womanizing plum. Despite her apparent bad taste in men Shayla seems perfectly nice.

miguel-bryan.png

She also chatted a bit with Miguel Bryan who she learned is the adopted son of Krystle Bryan and her wife (Avery is her wife's name though Ashley hasn't met her yet).

After that it was getting late so she headed home.

welcome-back.png

She got home just in time to welcome Cassidy home from work. Cassidy's day didn't go a whole lot better than Ashley's comedy did. She worked extra hard all day thinking she was going to get a promotion but apparently her performance wasn't quite good enough :\

pizza.png

Since they had both had rough days they decided to take it easy and order pizza rather than Cassidy having to make dinner.

misery-loves-company.png

And the two settled down together on the couch and enjoyed their pizza.

comedy-and-company.png

And thanks to the combination of comedy television and company, and a massage from Ashley (an actually massage this time :p ), the two felt much better despite their tough days at work.

bedtime.png

And after some cuddling on the couch as they watched tv, the two headed off to bed for the night.

That's it for this update.

What will happen next?

Can Ashley get people to listen to her routines?

Will Cassidy finally get her promotion? (considering the meter is so close I couldn't even tell it wasn't full she plum well better)

Will Ashley ever learn to cook? (please no, lets not encourage her for Cassidy's sake)

Find out when we continue.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

As always I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming :)
    @ everyone

I will do comments later today
    And now for another day of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley had a rough day with her attempt at breakfast for Cassidy and her comedy but ended up cheering up over some pizza :)

more-gardening.png

The new day begins like normal with Ashley tending to her garden.

sore-muscles.png

As she finishes she heads in to join Cassidy for breakfast though she isn't her usual cheerful self since her muscles are sore from working out at the gym the day before and gardening probably didn't help.

ashley-gets-a-massage.png

Cassidy knows how to help though as she guides Ashley over to the couch and helps massage out a few of the knots.

snuggling.png

Which is rewarded by some snuggling between the happy couple.

practice-writing-for-work.png

After a bit of time just cuddling together on the couch Cassidy heads in to practice writing on the computer for work (you know Cassidy usually on days off you try not to work, just saying)

comedy-club1.png

Meanwhile Ashley gets dressed and heads to the lounge to hopefully do better than she did the day before.

ran-into-traci.png

She arrives to find her aunt already hanging out there (surprisingly not at the bar :p )

at-least-traci-is-willing-to-watch-comedy.png

But it at least means there's at least one person there who will watch her routines.

jerk.png

It's official, my sim world is filled with jerks. This random sim decided to stand right next to Ashley and play the violin WHILE Ashley was trying to perform her routines (she wasn't very good at the violin either)

but-soon-other-people-joined.png

Luckily the woman didn't stay long and another person came over to watch Ashley's comedy :D

She ended up doing quite well earning just under $300 for the day.

chatting-with-traci-and-viewer.png

After finishing her routines Ashley sat down to chat with Traci and the other sim who'd watched her performance.

sierra-gallo.png

The other sim (whose name was Sierra Gallo) was very nice and even complimented Ashley on her performance :)

hug-goodby.png

Ashley then said goodbye to her aunt and Sierra and headed home.

cassidy-practicing-guitar.png

She arrived home to find Cassidy practicing a bit on guitar and settled down to watch.

Cassidy became embarrassed when she realized Ashley was listening to her poor playing.

dont-be-embaressed.png

But Ashley doesn't mind, to her Cassidy is great. Plus she at least doesn't do it while someone else is trying to do a comedy routine :\

a-game-of-chess.png

The two decide to relax together and play a game of chess.

ashley-wins.png

Ashley won...

prize.png

....and inquired if there was a "prize" for winning

cassidy-is-happy-to-oblige.png

Cassidy was happy to oblige ;)

fourth-routine-and-refining.png

After their fun Ashley works a bit on writing a new routine and refining her old ones a bit.

cassidy-chats-with-reid.png

Meanwhile Cassidy takes the time to chat with her brother on the phone. It seems he has moved in with his girlfriend.

dinner1.png

The two then relax and enjoy some leftover spaghetti for dinner.

off-to-bedtime.png

And with that the day comes to a close as the two head to bed.

That's it for this update, what will happen next?

Will the game ever stop spawning horrible sims?

Will they finally be able to adopt? (not quite but they have saved up a nice amount of money so it shouldn't be to much longer before they have enough)

Will they get a chance to meet Reid's new girlfriend?

Find out on the next episodes of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg
    Once upon a time there was a magical princess :D oh who are we kidding, welcome back to....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley made a killing at comedy earning close to $300 and then made a killing at chess earning some plan c with Cassidy :p

tending-the-garden.png

As the next day starts Ashley as usual is back out working with her garden.

breakfast-by-cassidy.png

While Cassidy works on breakfast.

morning-meal.png

And the two enjoy breakfast together.... wow this is a bit dull. I think we have gotten in a bit of a rut with mornings :\

wash-dishes.png

After breakfast Ashley helps out by cleaning up dishes while Cassidy dresses and gets ready for work.

cassidys-off-to-work.png

Ashley gives Cassidy a loving embrace before she leaves.

give-her-a-real-send-off.png

And apparently Ashley is tired of the standard morning as well and decides to spice things up by giving Cassidy a goodbye kiss to remember :D

back-to-her-garden.png

After Cassidy leaves Ashley goes back and does the rest of her gardening for the day.

And after selling off the fresh produce she heads off to her other job.

ashley-off-to-work.png

She heads down to the club in Willow Creek for a change of pace but sadly it ends up being another slow day and nobody wants to listen to her comedy which means no money.

try-the-lounge-as-well.png

Not wanting to go home empty handed she decides to perform at the Oasis Springs lounge as well in the hopes that things go better there.

and well.....

does-the-reaper-like-comedy.png

A random elder sim died and the reaper showed up as she started her routine :\

After that the mood for comedy was kind of done, though oddly enough the reaper actually stopped and listened to the rest of her current routine. Apparently the reaper likes comedy (considering his line of work I can understand why he would want something humorous and cheerful to lighten things up a bit :p )

Thanks to that she ended up making $90 from her routine, not great but it's better than nothing.

work-on-a-new-routine.png

When she arrived home she started working on a medium length routine, if she's going to be at the mercy of the games AI and whether or not people listen to her then she might as well get the most bang from the routine as she can. I have to say I really don't like this whole people must watch for you to earn money thing because most of the time the other sims just get distracted by the music playing, or by the bar, or just talking to each other and completely ignore the sim doing comedy which means you earn squat. It would be nice if you got a small base amount for the performance and that got augmented by how many people watched. That way you get more for entertaining more people but you still get something for the performance even if it was just like $20.

welcome-back1.png

Luckily Cassidy comes home soon after and can cheer her up.

doesnt-let-her-day-get-her-down.png

The two goof around a bit helping to take Ashley's mind off her faltering comedy career.

so-glad-she-married-cassidy.png

Cassidy assures her that things will get better.

loving-kiss.png

Ashley is so glad that she married Cassidy and that even when things are tough she has her beautiful wife to come home to.

tilapia.png

It's getting late though so Cassidy heads inside to fix dinner while Ashley finishes up her new routine.

cheerful-dinner.png

The two enjoy a nice chat over dinner where Ashley tells Cassidy about how at least she knows she's funny because she made the grim reaper laugh :p

half-way-there.png

And with that the day is over. In the realm of good news they are half way to their goal. They've earned enough that they will be able to furnish the other bedrooms now they just need to get the money for the adoption fees :)

and that's it for this update.

Will Ashley's career ever take off or is it destined to just be start and stop?

Will they finally be able to adopt now that they are almost there?

Is the grim reaper now going to be Ashley's biggest fan? :p

Find out on the next episodes of....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone is enjoying the updates. I realize things are a bit slow but sadly we are back in that phase like we had with Kaley and Kamryn where they are mostly focusing on trying to earn money and there's not much else we can do :\ Hopefully it's still entertaining for people though. And as always Happy Simming :)
  • Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    Even the day to day trials are good. Love your story by the way.