Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first 'wedding'- very disappointed...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Holy thread necro batman.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Wilhyral1 wrote: »
    Just did a wedding, the only thing I didn't like about it was the hired help. Apparently they just go to the very first available prop and do their thing. Oh and that removing the topper of the wedding cake somehow changed the nature of the cake, so we had to have two for my gold score. That should have been "Cut the first slice of any cake, since this is a wedding and cake is cake."

I also kind of miss how haphazard and reckless social events used to be in the Sims. It didn't seem a proper gathering unless two people had wet themselves, someone passes out directly adjacent to a pool, and there are like two women that can't stop themselves from fighting each other.

I used to bake cakes, primarily wedding cakes. And, since I knew how, oftentimes I'd be invited to cut the cake. Well, the first thing you do in RL, is remove the cake topper and set it aside. :open_mouth: Like the noob I portray so very well, these days, of course I did just that, removed the cake topper. They cut into the cake, but didn't get that have first piece of cake fulfilled. Later on, after coming to the boards for help, was when I learned you don't remove the topper. Face/palm. I've also made a point of having one of my active Sims bake the cake, place the topper on it and then put it in their inventory to be placed on the table at the reception. Learned the hard way, you have to place that topper before putting it into the Sims' inventory. Else, somebody will cut into it! :open_mouth:

I had a bride who decided the cake was just too fattening. She scraped it off the plate into the garbage! Yes, it was autonomous. This, after I'd already rolled the save back to try again. Oi!

[img][/img]03-06-17_1-08-47nbspPM.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever had a wedding that came off smoothly in this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I just had my first wedding too. My sims were able to invite their friends but only two actually watched the ceremony, and they didn't sit down either. They just stood in front of the couple while they exchanged vows. The caterer only made one dish: BLT, and my sim getting married is a vegetarian, so she couldn't eat that.

They also didn't make a wedding cake, so I had to have my sim bake it instead. Then when I had her go cut the cake, the action dropped out. And when I clicked on it again, it was greyed out, saying that sims had to wait until the married couple cut the cake! - what the heck!

And after eating one chocolate covered strawberry and talking to two guests, not to mention her husband leaving the wedding celebration to go jogging, I got a notification that the party had come to a close.

Needless to say I was very underwhelmed with how weddings are handled this time around. They need to fix that.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The Weddings in Sims 4 are not that good you would think that by the time EA got three rounds they would get it right. They still have not I guess it is not a priority for them.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I started having a lot more fun with weddings after I realized you could turn off the prestige requirements.
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    Join us in nocturnal immortality and you shall have many more weddings to try it with
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    the invitation-issue (i think) happens when you throw the party/wedding with the wrong sim. so, if you want the family and friends of sim A to come to the wedding, you have to organise the party with sim A. if you use sim B you will get different sims, especially if they are a somewhat fresh sim not born in game.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I used mods which allowed for more people at parties, more people on a lot and allow you to invite anyone to a party, even if you've never met that sim before. Made for a massive turnout at my first wedding. Only some of the people could get up there into the seating area to watch the vows:

8Ty02DP.png

There were so many people congregated in the kitchen that I had a really hard time getting to the cake to cut it, lol.

L0STV3V.png
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    What works for me is putting all the guests down as a 'group' then I can make then stand together.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, wedding frustration is what led me to vote for the Wedding Stuff Pack. (I'm just as cool with Eco/Laundry, tho. :love: ) Wedding events aren't done as often, but when you do, darn it, you want it right. I don't mind the hilarious strange happenings, that's half the fun. I have had Sims fight, wet themselves, pass out, die...bring on the Memories! But I do want the "equipment" to work right. Actually, I wouldn't even need more Wedding "Stuff" if we had stag/hen parties, throw the bouquet, a heart shaped massage bed, and the current wedding accoutrements did what it says on the tin.
    Wilhyral1 wrote: »
    Just did a wedding, the only thing I didn't like about it was the hired help. Apparently they just go to the very first available prop and do their thing. Oh and that removing the topper of the wedding cake somehow changed the nature of the cake, so we had to have two for my gold score. That should have been "Cut the first slice of any cake, since this is a wedding and cake is cake."

I also kind of miss how haphazard and reckless social events used to be in the Sims. It didn't seem a proper gathering unless two people had wet themselves, someone passes out directly adjacent to a pool, and there are like two women that can't stop themselves from fighting each other.

I used to bake cakes, primarily wedding cakes. And, since I knew how, oftentimes I'd be invited to cut the cake. Well, the first thing you do in RL, is remove the cake topper and set it aside. :open_mouth: Like the noob I portray so very well, these days, of course I did just that, removed the cake topper. They cut into the cake, but didn't get that have first piece of cake fulfilled. Later on, after coming to the boards for help, was when I learned you don't remove the topper. Face/palm. I've also made a point of having one of my active Sims bake the cake, place the topper on it and then put it in their inventory to be placed on the table at the reception. Learned the hard way, you have to place that topper before putting it into the Sims' inventory. Else, somebody will cut into it! :open_mouth:

I had a bride who decided the cake was just too fattening. She scraped it off the plate into the garbage! Yes, it was autonomous. This, after I'd already rolled the save back to try again. Oi!

[img][/img]03-06-17_1-08-47nbspPM.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever had a wedding that came off smoothly in this game.

Oohhh! :p I remember you saying you took the topper off in another thread. I'm thinking, "Why (the plum) would she put it on, then take it off again??" But when you think about it with this explanation, it makes perfect sense. :D Thanks for clearing that up!

And that (gluten intolerant?) bride autonomously scraping the cake into the garbage, what the heck? :# I remember thinking in the other thread, that if you look really close, it looks like she is even scraping it off with the fancy cake server flatware. I could be wrong--maybe that is what they scrape all the half eaten/spoiled plates with. I'll have to look closely sometime. Odd, too, that it doesn't appear to have been touched, and cakes take a long time to spoil, so that can't be it.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    My sim weddings have been fun and usually go pretty smooth. Normally my guests watch the ceremony, but last time my sims were in the basement when I ordered them to marry and I think that affected the quests... none of them came to watch, so they married quietly outside when everyone else was partying :blush: I think it takes practise to have the events go the way you want (and sometimes even then you can goof, like happened to me).
    My wedding tips:
    1. Make sure that the person organising the wedding knows all the people you want to invite. Make a club or have the other sim to invite them all over for introduction. It could be a rehearsal dinner if you like.
    2. If you want them to wear non generic wedding outfits, plan them in advance and change once the event starts.
    3. Decide whether you want a prestige event, I normally do because it's fairly easy to get silver/gold, but it can be more relaxing to play without the goals.
    4. Check that you have a cake, you can edit community lots on the go to add fridge, oven and a counter if needed. Caterer is sometimes broken and doesn't make a cake, but if you do it yourself you have a bigger cake selection. If they dont have an option to cut the cake, drag the cake to another place.
    5. You get the option to make a toast when sims have drinks on their hands. I don't think many people know this and I normally don't bother with it, but thought I should mention it as extra.
  • Options
    DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Holy thread necro batman.

It's not thread necromancy when it is still relevant and sadly many of these bugs associated with the wedding ceremony are still in the game over two years later. Caterers, bartenders and musicians still fail to show up at venues. My sim wedding only was doable for a gold medal because I chose the home as a venue, the groom was a Celebrity Chef and the bride was a Celebrity Mixologist, they made the cake in advance, and the refrigerator was stocked with lots of Excellent quality food. Predictably the caterer never showed up. Lest anyone think that hiring a caterer on the fly is a workaround, caterers have not been available for hire at home for over four months for many if not all players due to a bug.

With that in mind, unless/until Maxis fixes these bugs having a wedding at a public venue like a park is a very risky and bad idea unless you don't care if your wedding becomes a disaster. Having it at your home if you live on a lot is the probably safest approach with at least one household member that is skilled in cooking and mixology to stalk your refrigerator with food an tend bar.
  • Options
    bbgdarylbbgdaryl Posts: 25 Member
    I tried to have a wedding today, too. The groom got Very Angry for some reason and then wouldn't marry me and time ran out.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I stopped bothering with caterers and stick a banquet table at every wedding venue.