Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty lots not filling up

Does anyone how long it takes before a new family is moved into an empty lot? No one seems to be moving into any of mine (Yes, I do have the option in preferences checked, before anyone asks).
Also, does age only affect sims within the same world as the active sim?

Comments

• AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Same problem, empty lots don't seem to be being populated, been over a sim month now and nothing.
  • jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    Same here! I thought it would automatically populate the empty houses based on the sims we created in CAS or in the gallery
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    yea i noticed this a bit ago.. it took awhile cus i live in 50,50 house and i just assumed the other house in the neighborhood was just too rich for everyone.. but after looking around town i realized that none of the houses have owners.. not a single one.
  • SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    Agreed. I do have the settings set to move new households in.
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Same as everyone here, my empty homes aren't filling up either. As far as the age thing goes, I'm not sure as I started out with only my active household aging but have switched it back to everyone. But if you have the box checked for NPC's to age, they should. I've had one die just recently. I noticed this by going into the relationship panel. That sim was grayed out.
  • theKetzieltheKetziel Posts: 37 Member
    I guess this is likely a bug then, doesn't appear to be on EA's radar though.
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/m-p/3445209#U3445209

Pretty big bug too, considering EA have removed story progression. ):

I've opened a report here;
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Empty-lots-not-filling-up/m-p/3474347#U3474347

If you're experiencing this issue please hit the "Me Too" button so that EA knows this isn't an isolated incident.
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    theKetziel wrote: »
    I guess this is likely a bug then, doesn't appear to be on EA's radar though. <br />
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/m-p/3445209#U3445209<br />
    <br />
    Pretty big bug too, considering EA have removed story progression. ):<br />
    <br />
    I've opened a report here;<br />
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Empty-lots-not-filling-up/m-p/3474347#U3474347<br />
    <br />
    If you're experiencing this issue please hit the "Me Too" button so that EA knows this isn't an isolated incident.

I logged on and clicked on the "Me Too" button. Let's hope more will also do this and it will get resolved.

• Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    I did as well lets hope they fix it. and hopefully it will work on the mansions too.. i don't want to have to create new neighbors every time they die just because i happen to live in a very rich neighborhood (if you can call 2 mansions a neighborhood)
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Don't have this problem. They move in way fast like even after playing a few Simdays. I some times have to evict the families be cause I wanted to use that lot for another family so I wish you could switch per lot which lots should get filled again.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • theKetzieltheKetziel Posts: 37 Member
    > @Selena_Soule said:
    > I did as well lets hope they fix it. and hopefully it will work on the mansions too.. i don't want to have to create new neighbors every time they die just because i happen to live in a very rich neighborhood (if you can call 2 mansions a neighborhood)

I don't think Townies actually have any money assigned to them. As far as I can tell they should just get moved into any free lot and then given $20,000.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    Don't have this problem. They move in way fast like even after playing a few Simdays. I some times have to evict the families be cause I wanted to use that lot for another family so I wish you could switch per lot which lots should get filled again.

I wonder what you are doing different than the rest of us with the problem. From other forums it is obvious that not everyone is having the problem but there are a fair number that are. One person said that within 2 sim days all the empty lots had been filled by the game. I even asked to verify that they hadn't used manage worlds to fill the lots themselves and they said no, they just checked the option to have the game fill the lots and within 2 sim days all lots were filled, some even had children.

*shrugs* I have tried all kinds of things, especially making sure my library had more than enough families to choose from in case that is where the game drew the families from, but nothing worked for me at all.