Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can't play The Sims 4 offline?

I am trying to play my game, because at the moment our internet is off, and it's not letting me play because Origin can't open. I DON'T WANT TO OPEN ORIGIN, I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAME. ANY workarounds?

Comments

• lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    You can put origin in offline mode and play the game that way. BTW if your internet is off how are you on here? :p
  • ASC316ASC316 Posts: 52 Member
    Cell phone. How do I put origin in offline mode if I can't log in in the first place?
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    You can. You can log into Origin without being connected to the internet.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    ASC316 wrote: »
    Cell phone. How do I put origin in offline mode if I can't log in in the first place?

You don't need to be online to open origin. Didn't you try it first?
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member

Yes, over and over and for some reason it kept saying it was unavailable. I restarted everything and tried once more and it did end up going through. I wonder why it gave me trouble the first time?
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »

How do you? I tried disconnecting my internet real quick to see and it says I have to be online.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Sorry you need to be connected when you select offline and then you can be offline.
    [quote="katelynnmcdaniel;12622102"][quote="keyb0x;12622070"][quote="ASC316;12622042"]Cell phone. How do I put origin in offline mode if I can't log in in the first place?[/quote]

You don't need to be online to open origin. Didn't you try it first?[/quote]

How do you? I tried disconnecting my internet real quick to see and it says I have to be online.
    [/quote]

What I did was open origin itself and just log in manually, no auto log in. And it ended up working eventually for me.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    then how can play people with no internet?
  • james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    edited September 2014
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Sorry you need to be connected when you select offline and then you can be offline.

Your Wrong take a look, you dont need a connection to log in, Once you have logged into origin once with that one account you can login when you have no internet connection.

RtnsoBH.png

ISpax8B.jpg
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2014

Your Wrong take a look

RtnsoBH.png

ISpax8B.jpg

This is what tripped me up the other day. I just tried logging in and it worked.

ETA: You see a login box, you assume you have to have internet. That's why I didn't try for awhile, I almost posted this same topic.
    lynny wrote: »

Your Wrong take a look

RtnsoBH.png

ISpax8B.jpg

This is what tripped me up the other day. I just tried logging in and it worked.

Yes i did take a look at the screen shots :smile: i had no issues with it.
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member

Your Wrong take a look

RtnsoBH.png

ISpax8B.jpg

Yeah I saw after I posted that so I went back and edited :)
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    Origin will try to log in at first, if it can't it will automatically launch in offline mode. That's what mine does.

Your Wrong take a look

RtnsoBH.png

ISpax8B.jpg

Yeah I saw after I posted that so I went back and edited :)

No problem :) Hope this awnsers the question of playing offline ;)
  • Zellio2009Zellio2009 Posts: 45 Member
    So does this mean we have another Simcity debacle?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Zellio2009 wrote: »
    So does this mean we have another Simcity debacle?

No, because the game doesn't actually require being online except for initial activation. Origin just makes it feel that way when you log in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    No, The Sims 4 doesn't require access to any online servers. As stated above, you have to log in to Origin but you can do so in offline mode and still play the game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    modernlife wrote: »
    No, The Sims 4 doesn't require access to any online servers. As stated above, you have to log in to Origin but you can do so in offline mode and still play the game.

But doesn't the Origin application open and hang out in the tray? Don't you have to go into the Origin and click go off line, then exit? That's too many steps.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    > @Zellio2009 said:
    > So does this mean we have another Simcity debacle?

Fortunatelly no. Read again all the thread. Seem than if launch Sims 4, it open origin in a way than no allow you continue if not internet

But launch Origin itself, you can login at offline mode, then from it launch Sims 4
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I was going to post it myself. I usually prefer to play offline. Sims in the past has created issues whenever I've had the internet on while playing. I will say though that isn't a problem so far with sims 4. But it's good to know how to play offline in case it becomes an issue. :)
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

But doesn't the Origin application open and hang out in the tray? Don't you have to go into the Origin and click go off line, then exit? That's too many steps.

No. When Origin can't connect, it pops up with the username and password screen. You can log in there, and it will give an option for "Offline Mode", if doesn't just log you into Offline Mode.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Two steps. I was not online. Just clicked on Sims4 icon on desktop, origin login popped up and I put in my password. Game starts up.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ok as a real tech i will ask you the "KISS" (keep it simple stupid) question....have you actually played the game before did you ever connect to the interent to register the game....I say this because you have to register the game one time THEN you can play in the offline mode.

P.S. the KISS question is actually a term used in the tech world im not actually calling you stupid. it refers to problems were you work on them for hours then find the answer and it was as simple as plug it in, restart it, unchecking a box you should have known about ect..

PSS just found out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is censored guess there's now name calling lol