Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parties

What have yours been like? Mine was okay I guess. I found it be be a chore because there was a list of things I was supposed to accomplish to make it a success. So enjoying the party just wasn't happening.

How was yours?

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I made just two because of cook/mixologist careers.
    A thing I won't repeat again, unless it's wanted in an aspiration or another career.

It's just not fun!
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I have to agree with you. It was a party why on earth should there be a list of things I need to do?
  • Freeze014Freeze014 Posts: 13 New Member
    you dont need to do them, only if you care about a medal.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Freeze014 wrote: »
    you dont need to do them, only if you care about a medal.

Sure but getting a gold medal can reward you with an actual item - and failing to get a medal due to a few of the hiccups in the game can be irksome.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    I really wasn't doing it for a medal
    Just wanted to have a bunch of sims over and have fun, see what would happen
    What happened was my sim couldn't have any fun because he was greeting everyone, getting drinks, eating cake, trying to get everyone to listen to the music, providing food, and whatever else was on that list .
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    My guests didn't like my party at all, even though they talked and danced like nobody's business. I don't know why. Maybe it was because I trapped them inside the house, practically forced flaming tiki drinks down their throats until they were bursting, and gave them a giant toilet that they couldn't possibly use just to tease them. Then I removed the real toilet, the shower (so they couldn't wash up afterward), and anything they could use to eat, sleep on, or put the trash in.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm enjoying parties!

My first few weren't too successful because my sim didn't know a lot of people. I got a bronze medal then a silver medal. Both house parties. I had similar results with another sim that was throwing her first couple parties.

Dates have been also awesome. I've gotten bronze, silver and gold results with different couples.

Social events totally rock, in my opinion. It's better than the headmaster event, because that was a one time deal. These social events can be enjoyed whenever you want to and they can be very challenging. I have had to get creative to meet some goals. That makes it really more rewarding when I succeed.

I'm sure your sim will get better with practice and as they build their social sphere. The right guests, entertainment, etc will make the most awesome parties ever ;)

P.S. I'll do a blog post with party tips later today. I'll need some screenshots.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    You know you can turn off the option to have those goals when you're organising the party?

I agree, it does make things a bit tougher. I have to do those goals for my sim's aspiration but when I'm playing another family I just turn them off and enjoy myself.
  • Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    What have yours been like? Mine was okay I guess. I found it be be a chore because there was a list of things I was supposed to accomplish to make it a success. So enjoying the party just wasn't happening.

How was yours?

I'm going to tell the truth. I'm doing the legacy challenge and I have a nice house with 2 bed rooms. I'm on the 2nd generation. My heir Sim married Bella's son, Alexander. Just a few minutes ago I was surprise with twin girls. They can't afford it. They have about 1,250 simoleons; their bills are about 1,400. They are barely getting by and can't afford those nice parties :( I want to have a large party

t6COiKR.jpg

3TfGoZG.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Cnstnc680 wrote: »
    You know you can turn off the option to have those goals when you're organising the party?

I agree, it does make things a bit tougher. I have to do those goals for my sim's aspiration but when I'm playing another family I just turn them off and enjoy myself.

@Cnstnc680-No I had no idea we could turn that off. How do I do that?
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    Cnstnc680 wrote: »

@Cnstnc680-No I had no idea we could turn that off. How do I do that?

When you go to schedule the event, one of the options as you make it is whether you want it to be under the medal goal challenge or not.
    y9UdOhq.png
    Excellent! Thanks Crackseed! Maybe I'll give parties another go
    Maybe my sim can actually have fun this time.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    OMG Crackseed you rock!
    Thanks man!

Where were you before?
    (And where were my eyes before)
    Haha - I've been quietly living under your Sims bed since TS1 and only now have emerged to feed upon the emotions of happy people and sometimes answer things helpfully.

As for how you missed it, probably because like me it was "Oooo this is new and click click click" without 100% reading everything due to glee.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    > @enkeli63 said:
    > I'm enjoying parties!
    >
    > My first few weren't too successful because my sim didn't know a lot of people. I got a bronze medal then a silver medal. Both house parties. I had similar results with another sim that was throwing her first couple parties.
    >
    > Dates have been also awesome. I've gotten bronze, silver and gold results with different couples.
    >
    > Social events totally rock, in my opinion. It's better than the headmaster event, because that was a one time deal. These social events can be enjoyed whenever you want to and they can be very challenging. I have had to get creative to meet some goals. That makes it really more rewarding when I succeed.
    >
    > I'm sure your sim will get better with practice and as they build their social sphere. The right guests, entertainment, etc will make the most awesome parties ever ;)
    >
    > P.S. I'll do a blog post with party tips later today. I'll need some screenshots.

Did you ever put together some party tips?
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    tumblr_mxe002zEeK1s5o5c8o1_500.gif

Oh, look, someone resurrected a dead thread...
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    > @enkeli63 said:<br />
    > I'm enjoying parties!<br />
    > <br />
    > My first few weren't too successful because my sim didn't know a lot of people. I got a bronze medal then a silver medal. Both house parties. I had similar results with another sim that was throwing her first couple parties.<br />
    > <br />
    > Dates have been also awesome. I've gotten bronze, silver and gold results with different couples.<br />
    > <br />
    > Social events totally rock, in my opinion. It's better than the headmaster event, because that was a one time deal. These social events can be enjoyed whenever you want to and they can be very challenging. I have had to get creative to meet some goals. That makes it really more rewarding when I succeed.<br />
    > <br />
    > I'm sure your sim will get better with practice and as they build their social sphere. The right guests, entertainment, etc will make the most awesome parties ever ;)<br />
    > <br />
    > P.S. I'll do a blog post with party tips later today. I'll need some screenshots.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Did you ever put together some party tips?

@sooozeeebeee,
    Oh drats!! I totally forgot because I got distracted doing the costume and wedding parties, and I have not completed any birthday parties. I found the best thing is to prepare some foods in advance if you can't afford a caterer. The first time you try a party, you'll discover the requirements. If you fail, you know what to plan for the next time you try. (Such as bake a white & black cake and put it in the fridge before the party.)

Many of my parties have been Gold on the first try, except in the very beginning when my sims didn't know enough people (and not everyone your sims know will be available to attend your party), and you need to know plenty of sims to rock every party. This makes sense because the ones who aspire to throw the best parties have to know everyone who is anyone ;)

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Rather than having fun amd let them do their thing i feel rushed that i have to conplete tedious objectives
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I had a wedding party, and it was kinda cool having things to achieve. Maybe it will get tedious after a while, but honestly I always thought parties were kinda boring in previous games, so I like it so far.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    > @CowPlantForHire said:
    > Oh, look, someone resurrected a dead thread...

um...I always try to research first when I am trying to find information and this thread came up and seemed the most relevant to my questions. I also read ALL the posts in a thread before posting my own questions to avoid duplicates. Is it bad to "resurrect" an old thread? I am pretty much teaching myself as I go and I am not familiar with all of the forums "unwritten etiquette".

> @enkeli63 said:
    > sooozeeebeee wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > sooozeeebeee,
    > Oh drats!! I totally forgot because I got distracted doing the costume and wedding parties, and I have not completed any birthday parties. I found the best thing is to prepare some foods in advance if you can't afford a caterer. The first time you try a party, you'll discover the requirements. If you fail, you know what to plan for the next time you try. (Such as bake a white & black cake and put it in the fridge before the party.)
    >
    > Many of my parties have been Gold on the first try, except in the very beginning when my sims didn't know enough people (and not everyone your sims know will be available to attend your party), and you need to know plenty of sims to rock every party. This makes sense because the ones who aspire to throw the best parties have to know everyone who is anyone ;)

I finally did get a gold. I saved my game before calling to set up the planned event and reloaded the game if it failed. Thank you for your advice enkelie63, it was helpful :smile:
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've done about 5 and gotten gold on all but one which I got a silver on. Very important, make sure you have a cake made, you make food ahead of time and have it in the fridge and have a bar and at least one musical instrument. (no matter what kind of party it is)
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    > @CowPlantForHire said:<br />
    > Oh, look, someone resurrected a dead thread...<br />
    <br />
    um...I always try to research first when I am trying to find information and this thread came up and seemed the most relevant to my questions. I also read ALL the posts in a thread before posting my own questions to avoid duplicates. Is it bad to "resurrect" an old thread? I am pretty much teaching myself as I go and I am not familiar with all of the forums "unwritten etiquette".<br />
    Yes black magic is bad.
    179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-billions-tax-fraud-thread-necromancy.png
    hEFcp6z.gif
    I'm assuming by the amusing and very dramatic grim pic that it's better to start a new thread? I dont understand the logic, but if that is the way it is done, then so be it. By the way, how long should a thread be in the grave before it becomes best left at rest?
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm assuming by the amusing and very dramatic grim pic that it's better to start a new thread? I dont understand the logic, but if that is the way it is done, then so be it. By the way, how long should a thread be in the grave before it becomes best left at rest?
    I don't know a time frame. Off the top of my head a few weeks? Everything worked out here though. Even though the post you replied to was months old, that person was able to see this and reply back.
    hEFcp6z.gif