Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to have twins/triplets?

Is there any way to plan them, or are they random? Can you choose gender any way too?

Comments

• lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    No, it's all random.
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    I think they're random, but they seem a lot more common than in previous games. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    There is a reward potion that can be purchased to increase the chances of having them.
  • Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    Thank you guys! ^_^
  • kirahkirah Posts: 62 Member
    The reward potion, as SpradaciSproj said can help!
    I only had enough reward points at my male sim, he drank it and the 3rd pregnancy finally resulted in twins!
    Maybe if both drink it increases even more the chances of twins/triplets.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I tried to make my Sim couple woohoo multiple times before having the pregnancy test in the toilet and then did nothing else except caring for her needs and stuff. Is it possible that this may lead to twins and/or triplets? :\
  • villagepersonsvillagepersons Posts: 35 Member
    I wish I knew so I could prevent it from happening again lol. My sim had two boys and I really wanted her to have a girl. So I got her pregnant. She has a girl now, plus two new boys. She now has five children! How stressful for the father! He has to support six human beings now lol
  • LuvPurpleZebrasLuvPurpleZebras Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, @villagepersons @gothprincess4ever @kirah @Missa_Sissa @SpradaciSproj @kovu0207 @lym81 I don't know how to raise the stakes of getting multiples, but I do know how to determine the gender. If you buy a yellow bassinet, it will be girl. If you buy a blue bassinet, it will be a boy. If you buy a green bassinet, it will be girl or boy. This hasn't been like, something that's completely proven, but it worked for me and my best friend several times and many other people. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • LuvPurpleZebrasLuvPurpleZebras Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry, I'm new to thesims.com, so i don't know how to like, reply...
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    @LuvPurpleZebras‌ No, you cannot determine gender. That bassinet color affecting gender thing was likely coincidental, at least as far as anyone who's looked into it seriously has found.
    The Gurus have said that there's no way to affect multiples or gender. There's a mod on MTS now to affect the multiple chance, but I don't think there's anything for gender yet except to use the Pregnancy Scan and then the Pregnancy Terminator (both also on MTS) until you get what you want.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • TheMiniTheMini Posts: 43 Member
    > @kirah said:
    > The reward potion, as SpradaciSproj said can help!
    > I only had enough reward points at my male sim, he drank it and the 3rd pregnancy finally resulted in twins!
    > Maybe if both drink it increases even more the chances of twins/triplets.

What potion?? I can only see the trait. Not that it helps. Both my adults have the trait, and after three pregnancies, I still only have three kids.. I want triplets..
  • EmmaP147EmmaP147 Posts: 1 New Member
    my sims are just boy boy boy boy I want a girl
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    I haven't had multiples since before Christmas some time. But my first babies in Sims 4 were twins. That threw me off for a loop. I don't mind not having multiples because the babies are kind of annoying, but it would be cool to have triplets in one of my LP's, just to change things up a bit. I also had a tonnnn of boys, but it seems to have evened out now, thank god.
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • taraxfitzgeraldtaraxfitzgerald Posts: 3 New Member
    To influence the gender of the baby listen to different sorts of music (pop music for girls, and alternive for boys). And for a higher chance of twin/triplets use the fertile reward trait. My sim had twins without it but there is a higher chance with the trait.
  • SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    There is a mod, called the Pregnancy Mega Mod, in which you can determine gender, amount of babies, and stage of pregnancy. You can find it on MTS.
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • tasteofsweetnesstasteofsweetness Posts: 131 Member
    I wanted twins one time and I was trying to save up the reward store. Turns out I didn't need to, weird right? I got twins. A boy and a girl, but I don't know how without the reward. I think it had to do with I had the family-oriented trait.
    tumblr_nm1mkrBH4m1ruagyno5_1280.jpg

~tasteofsweetness - Living the Simming Life since late 2000 Sims 3~
    Christmas Cheer ~ Holiday Vibes

• pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    Random?? Wow. Everytime i let my friend play on my sims game she almost ALWAYS ends up with twins or triplets!
  • GretaLJGretaLJ Posts: 1 New Member
    > @NightmareCandle said:
    > LuvPurpleZebras‌ No, you cannot determine gender. That bassinet color affecting gender thing was likely coincidental, at least as far as anyone who's looked into it seriously has found.
    > The Gurus have said that there's no way to affect multiples or gender. There's a mod on MTS now to affect the multiple chance, but I don't think there's anything for gender yet except to use the Pregnancy Scan and then the Pregnancy Terminator (both also on MTS) until you get what you want.

Apparently you can determine the gender. Well according to Carls Sims 4 Guide:
    (from the website)
    "Influence the Baby's Gender
    A patch made it so that we can influence the gender of babies, so we can make the chance large that a baby girl or boy is born:

To have a baby boy: Eat carrots and listen to alternative music on the radio.
    To have a baby girl: Eat strawberries and listen to pop music on the radio."

Not that i have eaten anything specific, but every time my sim is preggers and I want her baby to have a certain gender I make sure she listens to the right music. This has has worked for me so far (or maybe its just luck). So you could try that
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited August 2015
    GretaLJ wrote: »
    Apparently you can determine the gender. Well according to Carls Sims 4 Guide:

My comment was posted when you couldn't. It was a patched in feature.
    Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • CrankerbellCrankerbell Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, I'm a fairly new player, and after reading this thread my sim ate strawberries (5) and listened to pop music whilst pregnant in hopes of having a girl.
    It worked a little too well, and she had twin girls!
  • SimCrazieGalSimCrazieGal Posts: 38 Member
    Strawberries, that's a new one...lol
  • Lala KoalaLala Koala Posts: 2 New Member
    I had twin girls! Found the cheat and it totally worked out! But I am changing the sex of one because I wanted a boy and girl lol
  • ILoveGod19038ILoveGod19038 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had twins before and I want triplets. It just happened. I did get my sims to listen to pop music and she had a girl now my sim has twin girls and two singles that are girls and a boy that she adopted. She has her hands full! Jesus Loves All Of You!!!! :)
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Er..... why do people comment a year old thread
  • JamiefromDahSimsJamiefromDahSims Posts: 1 New Member
    You can get twins almost Everytime if your pregnant sim reads children's books from 1st trimester to labor