Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 won't start. Get message '' Sims 4 has stopped working ''

Comments

• A_SummerA_Summer Posts: 11 New Member
    I can't play my Sims 4 either only "ONLINE" after i updated my Sims 4 everytime i try to play offline i get update tool.exe not found. I have been told to uninstall the Sims 4 manually and reinstall it.
  • TerryToons22TerryToons22 Posts: 9 New Member
    I recently have a problem starting Sims 4. I just played it last night! When I tried to start up the game today it keeps saying that it's missing a file or the file is damaged and that I should try reinstalling the game. Well, I did! The problem still exists. It gives me a number 85262c58.29f00e76:00000000. I don't know what this number is. I tried deleting crash files and other files you mentioned but still no start. Please help!!!
  • TerryToons22TerryToons22 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @TerryToons22 said:
    > I recently have a problem starting Sims 4. I just played it last night! When I tried to start up the game today it keeps saying that it's missing a file or the file is damaged and that I should try reinstalling the game. Well, I did! The problem still exists. It gives me a number 85262c58.29f00e76:00000000. I don't know what this number is. I tried deleting crash files and other files you mentioned but still no start. Please help!!! I solved my own problem. It was a download that has 0 kb that shut down the whole game. I went back to where I downloaded it and found out that several people were having the same problem. They fixed the file and life is good again. It's a shame I had reinstalled the game twice to find that out though. Thanks for your help anyway.
  • AppelKatAppelKat Posts: 8 New Member
    > @maridoll_ said:
    > Hey xxlarissa95,
    >
    > I was experiencing the same frustration as you, but I found something that fixed it, hopefully it works for you, too. Go into C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete your lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt files.
    >
    > I hope this helps.
    I don't know if it works for me, but how could this be a fix? What does that file make games crash... Am going to test it now but thanks :smiley: am sure it will work
  • MpopMpop Posts: 2 New Member
    I also have the same issue, but i do have the min required specs to run the game :/
  • Keeleyw0907Keeleyw0907 Posts: 3 New Member
    My game just kept on crashing constantly and said "Sims 4 has stopped working" when i first got it, I finally right clicked on the sims 4 icon and there was something that said "Troubleshoot Compatibility" or something to do with checking what is wrong with the game, I clicked it and it fixed my game. The only problem is that you cant go through the gallery and look at sims/rooms/houses. You pretty much have to stay offline the entire game but to me its worth it because going through the gallery isn't the best part and the game is completely playable without it.
  • Has anyone found any other solutions for this? I'm having the same issue now :(
  • Nevermind :D
  • divacharmingdivacharming Posts: 1 New Member
    When I start up sims 4 it says
    "The game you are attempting to load has been saved with a newer version of the sims 4 . Please update your game to safely load ."
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    When I start up sims 4 it says
    "The game you are attempting to load has been saved with a newer version of the sims 4 . Please update your game to safely load ."

see this thread for suggestions http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/805152/sims-4-wont-let-me-play-my-household/p2
  • Michaelle213Michaelle213 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just recently began to have the problem where origin will update then the sims wont load. Up until now everything has been working fine in the game... HELP!?
  • Michaelle213Michaelle213 Posts: 2 New Member
    nevermind, just disabled origin in the game and its fixed :D
  • Varlettemorts_Varlettemorts_ Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, Im having this issue too, but after the game crashes, it says ''The instruction in 0x1b891264 does reference to the memory in 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.'' Does anyone has any solution for this problem? Im desesperate.
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey, Im having this issue too, but after the game crashes, it says ''The instruction in 0x1b891264 does reference to the memory in 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.'' Does anyone has any solution for this problem? Im desesperate.

Hello,

That sounds like more of a Windows-specific issue. Hopefully this link will help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/the-instruction-at-0x01764b69-referenced-memory-at/e2df405a-a3e5-4bfc-8721-5aa7929cc5c7

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Varlettemorts_Varlettemorts_ Posts: 2 New Member
    > @CodySimstein said:
    > Varlettemorts_ wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, Im having this issue too, but after the game crashes, it says ''The instruction in 0x1b891264 does reference to the memory in 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.'' Does anyone has any solution for this problem? Im desesperate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > That sounds like more of a Windows-specific issue. Hopefully this link will help:
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody

thanks! I still have the problem and did everything that said in the link:/ but still thanks for trying to help
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member

Hello @Varlettemorts.
    Shut down your computer completely, and reboot the computer and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you continue to have problems, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then see if you can start the game without it crashing. A new sims 4 folder will be generated. If it has loaded, exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is working okay.

If the game still crashes, it would be good to post your DiaxDiag info here. This explains how to do it. It will take multiple posts.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13329932/#Comment_13329932

• ZiltoidiaZiltoidia Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm getting the "Stopped Working" message. I don't know what to do.
    edited July 2015
    Ziltoidia wrote: »
    I'm getting the "Stopped Working" message. I don't know what to do.

Hello @Ziltoidia.

Hello @Varlettemorts.
    Come out of the game. Shut down your computer completely, then start the computer again, and see if that helps.

Turn off origin in-game
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

Mods/CC could be causing the issues. Move your mods folder to the desktop, start the game and see if that helps the issue. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in batches and testing to see which is the cause of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you continue to have problems, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then see if you can start the game. A new sims 4 folder will be generated. If it has loaded okay, exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is working okay.

• ZiltoidiaZiltoidia Posts: 2 New Member
    My video card isn't good enough to run it any more. I have a Nvidia GTS 250. Apparently I need the 650 now.
  • champion_jirachichampion_jirachi Posts: 18 Member
    Now I'm having this issue. It's been fine up until now, I meet the min specs for the game, etc. But now when I click on TS4, it does nothing. Origin doesn't even open. I can run Origin, but Sims 4 is greyed out, the whole box. Help!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Ziltoidia wrote: »
    My video card isn't good enough to run it any more. I have a Nvidia GTS 250. Apparently I need the 650 now.

@Ziltoidia if your card is showing wear and tear because of age its possible it wont be able to continue to turn the game. do try lowering settings, turn on laptop mode, and consider playing in windowed mode. and remove any and all CC, good luck
    Now I'm having this issue. It's been fine up until now, I meet the min specs for the game, etc. But now when I click on TS4, it does nothing. Origin doesn't even open. I can run Origin, but Sims 4 is greyed out, the whole box. Help!

sorry to hear @champion_jirachi first thing to try is pull to the desktop your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder and try the game again.

if this doesnt fix the problem - keep folder out and try repairing the game. close game open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon and select repair option

and if doesnt work see if reinstalling origin helps.

and if pulling out the sims 4 folder did help more on resetting your files:
    how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims
  • champion_jirachichampion_jirachi Posts: 18 Member
    I reinstalled origin, didn't work, then I pulled out all the files, as soon as I put back in the saves file it didn't start, but all the others did. I narrowed it down to Slot 001 save, the autosave. It's corrupted, by the looks of things. That autosave seems to be prone to errors! It's also usually the cause of save error 0 :/ thanks for helping!
    I reinstalled origin, didn't work, then I pulled out all the files, as soon as I put back in the saves file it didn't start, but all the others did. I narrowed it down to Slot 001 save, the autosave. It's corrupted, by the looks of things. That autosave seems to be prone to errors! It's also usually the cause of save error 0 :/ thanks for helping!

Hello.
    I am glad that you were able to find out what was causing the issue. I hope that you have no more game issues,
  • KaelinKittyKaelinKitty Posts: 41 Member
    I just updated to windows 10 and sims 4 keeps crashing on me when I open it, doesn't even show me the opening screen really =/

As a note I may not see any replies till later tomorrow, going to bed in an hour and out tomorrow till late afternoon.
    I just updated to windows 10 and sims 4 keeps crashing on me when I open it, doesn't even show me the opening screen really =/

As a note I may not see any replies till later tomorrow, going to bed in an hour and out tomorrow till late afternoon.

Hello @KaelinKitty.

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, and see if that helps.

Check to see if your graphics drivers are up to date.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try to start the game. If you can start the game, a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the game is working okay. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to see how the game is working.

If the game is still crashing after this, post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.