Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim having twins no fertility treatment?

So my sims just gave birth and unexpectedly had twins. I had no fertility treatments or anything. Has anyone else who tried for a baby experienced this in sims 4?

Comments

• ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Yes, me too... really unexpected. My Sims already had 3 children.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • _consuelo_consuelo Posts: 6 New Member
    Yup, happened to me after my sims had two kids already.
  • BlairwaldorfsimsfanBlairwaldorfsimsfan Posts: 4 New Member
    Lol okay thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I did someone to make her have twins. Hopefully next time it be a single baby
  • SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    Yeah, this happened to me the very first time my sim got pregnant. This pretty much NEVER happened in TS3 without the lifetime reward, it's kinda annoying because I prefer to have kids of different ages and I really didn't want to have twins!
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Same here. My sims had two kids (2 boys) already when I got twins (boy/girl)! It was a nice surprise since it was my first baby girl :)
  • BlairwaldorfsimsfanBlairwaldorfsimsfan Posts: 4 New Member
    I was hoping for a one girl but got two boys. :(
  • lozzaloulozzalou Posts: 189 Member
    Yup, mine had twins too lol, i was like whaaaaaat!! Was totally unexpected lol.
    www.thehopkinslegacy.wordpress.com

ORIGIN ID: Lozza-xx

forumsig-1.jpg
  • lozzaloulozzalou Posts: 189 Member
    p.s mine was a girl and a boy :D
    www.thehopkinslegacy.wordpress.com

ORIGIN ID: Lozza-xx

forumsig-1.jpg
  • DianeLuvsMunkyDianeLuvsMunky Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2014
    I haven't had any twins, but I got my first set of triplets last night. (I've only attempted about 5 pregnancies so far with different households.)
    I'm still looking through other posts to see if anything caused the increase in fertility, but I haven't found anything on the forums yet.

The only thing I did differently with this Sim pregnancy, was that she exclusively ate pizza. (Canadian bacon and pepperoni to be exact.) She also got pregnant in the early morning hours, but I don't remember the exact time.

*Edit to add* This was the sim couple's first pregnancy, both were made in CAS.
  • almajgalmajg Posts: 1 New Member
    Same here. My sim didn't have the fertility treatment but still got twins (two boys) in the sims 4.
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    Same thing also .... my first pregnant sim was Piper from Charmed series -- she had twins, a boy and a girl.
  • moaameliamoaamelia Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help me with some questions.
    I have now give birth to 4 twins/8 twins or however you say it (8 children). I CAN'T give birth to a "lonly child", because it always comes out twins?! Do you know why it is like that. Got my game two days ago.
  • OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2014
    Ever since the latest patch, people have been reporting a rise in the twin birth rate. Most likely this is a bug from the patch and will need to be fixed, otherwise everyone will continue having twins after twins.

Edit: This is in reply to @moaamelia
  • OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2014
    Edit: accidental double post
  • RavenDawn094RavenDawn094 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2014
    @Onyxemery said:
    Ever since the latest patch, people have been reporting a rise in the twin birth rate. Most likely this is a bug from the patch and will need to be fixed, otherwise everyone will continue having twins after twins.

Thank you! At first I just thought it was bad luck, hopefully they fix this soon.
  • taeyahroxtaeyahrox Posts: 12 New Member
    The last FIVE families I've played have had twins or triplets. No "fertility" trait and been waiting a while before "trying for baby" again. It's driving me crazy! Hopefully they fix this soon.
  • Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    So far I've had 5 children in the game and not one set of twins? How odd.. I currently have a sim that's pregnant with no fertility trait though, I'll see how it goes
  • AnitaAMA1AnitaAMA1 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim had twins (two boys), and I also didn't have any fertility trait. I tryed for baby twice after having them, and in my both pregnancies I had twins again (all of them boys). I really hope they fix the bug if there is any D:
  • lexaamacklexaamack Posts: 2 New Member
    I just plated the other day and my sims had triplets for the first time, I tried to have a baby again to make it an even number and she had twins. that has never happened to me. out of all my years of playing the sims I've only had twins 2 times with out the fertility treatment.
  • Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Raychel8 said:
    > So far I've had 5 children in the game and not one set of twins? How odd.. I currently have a sim that's pregnant with no fertility trait though, I'll see how it goes
    Trust Me You Don't Want twins!
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Yep, time for a 100 baby challenge..lol
  • GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    Yes, I have, I ended up having triplets, annoying because my family ended getting full, so I had to kick them out.
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    > @GeminiJake01 said:
    > Yes, I have, I ended up having triplets, annoying because my family ended getting full, so I had to kick them out.
    You Can Download a mod on Modthesims which lets you have atleast 25 sims in your household!
  • Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    @lollygirl1 Yup lol, she had twin boys >:(
  • chivon2008chivon2008 Posts: 55 Member
    same here i had a set of twins and then when she got pregnant again she had twins again so i stopped having babies lol
    :)
    Chivon Sims Lovers For Life!!!