Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adoption wont work?

I already tried twice and it says that i'm bringing home a new family member but no baby shows up o.O
oa8abb.gif

Comments

• HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    The same thing happened to me! I ended up trying again but again no baby. Maybe it's a glitch and they'll fix it with a patch either that or EA really doesn't like the idea of adoption :#
  • HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    Okay so I just tried adopting for the third time with one of my Sims and (finally) got the baby. Apparently you have to have one Sim adopt the same baby twice but it has to be the same Sim you selected the first time and the same one you did it with the first time. The reason it didn't work for me on the second time was because I had one sim try then another. So just try having one Sim try adopting a baby twice and it should appear. I have no problem adopting children. Apparently it's just the babies that this happens to...weird.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I didn't have any problem the first time I adopted -- maybe it's because I was adopting a child instead of a baby? (Ended up backing out of that game without saving since the kid showed up with the Evil trait and first thing she did was destroy the beautiful dollhouse my Sims got her, and was Happy about it too! Ungrateful wretch... :s
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    HD101900 wrote: »
    Okay so I just tried adopting for the third time with one of my Sims and (finally) got the baby. Apparently you have to have one Sim adopt the same baby twice but it has to be the same Sim you selected the first time and the same one you did it with the first time. The reason it didn't work for me on the second time was because I had one sim try then another. So just try having one Sim try adopting a baby twice and it should appear. I have no problem adopting children. Apparently it's just the babies that this happens to...weird.

I will try that :D
    oa8abb.gif
  • YolimaElosYolimaElos Posts: 3 New Member
    I was having the same problem. Every time my sim would try to adopt a child they would leave, it would say that a new sim was joining the family, it would ask me to pick a name and then the child would not join the family. Every time it would ask me to name the child, I changed the name and the child would not join the family. This happened three times. The fourth time I left the name as it was and did not make any changes and the child successfully joined the family. Maybe that has something to do with it.
  • elsa112hejelsa112hej Posts: 2 New Member
    this happened to me, I tried adopting a child about 5 times, and my sim would either go nowhere or go to pick up the child/baby but the adopted sim never showed up with my sim, Even though money was taken from my simoleons but after trying a lot, it worked (weirdly).
    so make sure that your sim wont have any distractions like mine fainted of tiredness, so she never went, so the sims needs need to quite good. or don't adopt right before work.
    i used the same sim each time to adopt.
    changing or not changing the name didn't make a difference with me, but when it worked i had changed the name.

(*)
  • BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    My Sim couldn't adopt a child because there was a pot plant in the way... :'(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My Sim couldn't adopt a child because there was a pot plant in the way... :'(

Maybe they're just destined to raise plants ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.