The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay... Sorry =[

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hi :mrgreen:

*Update- Well, I've spent the week opening and closing CAW and I can't get very far. My interest has waned right now. I hope to get it back soon but it's not showing up. I've even opened a few I was working on before surgery- Dark Harbor and my Pirate/Fairy island- nothing is kick starting it yet.

Sorry I posted and getting anyone's hopes up. I will come back here and make all these if the drive comes back. Thanks so much for all the help. :(

............................................ Sept. 11/14

I can walk! but not much yet so I'm back to my desktop!... but I'm not back into the swing of CAW and don't have much motivation... I thought if someone had a request for a small or medium blank world it could get me back into the swing of Creating. :D

Anyone have a tiny motivational challenge for me? Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

*Don't forget details and reference pictures if there are any. :D
Post edited by Rflong7 on

Comments

• NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2014
    YES! I would love a medium to small world with Moonlight Falls type foilage, centered around a couple large parks with houses and businesses mixed around the perimeter. No pets or showtime venues. Small business buildings with a baker, java hut, wine store things like that. Basically a bohemian enclave for creative supernaturals. A beach for swimming and surfing would be great too. No ITF venues either. Am I making sense? I know I ramble.

P.S. I hope you feel better soon, I'm sorry to hear you were ill :(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Noirran wrote: »
    YES! I would love a medium to small world with Moonlight Falls type foilage, centered around a couple large parks with houses and businesses mixed around the perimeter. No pets or showtime venues. Small business buildings with a baker, java hut, wine store things like that. Basically a bohemian enclave for creative supernaturals. A beach for swimming and surfing would be great too. No ITF venues either. Am I making sense? I know I ramble.<br />
    <br />
    P.S. I hope you feel better soon, I'm sorry to hear you were ill :(

Hi! :mrgreen:

Thanks but It's nothing serious (corrective surgery). :D

Uh... a blank world means I wouldn't be building the lots. That's always the hardest and longest part of requests so... how many lots are you thinking?

Moonlight Falls type foliage? Are you wanting the same terrain colors, too?

I understand you're thinking about a small/medium world but are you wanting the large map to give it distance with just a small area used for lots? Or do you not mind an island world?

Just brainstorming with ya. :D
  • NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2014
    I would love an island world, and yes on the Moonlight Falls terrain colors. No on the large map. And I misunderstood, you don't have to build the lots at all, I got that covered. If you wanted to of course that is completely up to you. I have a 30x30 corner commercial build that has a stylist, laundromat, and consignment/nectar store in it, so I guess I would need a couple 30x30's on corners. I have a 64x64 central park/seasons park and also a 30x40 park I'd like room for in the middle. I would be using mostly Midnight Hollow and Dragon Valley rabbit holes. Room for the 40x40 Prism Art Studio, 30x40 Library Venue, 30x40 Greenhouse venue, and 50x25 Grims House as the cemetery. The majority of the houses I use are 30x20, 30x30, and 40x40.
  • HeadfuzzHeadfuzz Posts: 336 Member
    I've always wanted a 20's world, but more along the lines of Coney Island and Atlantic City rather than the Hollywood feel of Roaring Heights. I just want a really nice boardwalk city!
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    Oh, I've a request! I love playing your worlds, especially the compact towns. Can you take "A Tiny Town" and place it in the middle of a larger map? I'd love to add a diving spot and a resort island.
    Hope you feel better soon. I'm still trying to save up vacation time so I can have my surgery.
  • MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'd love a medium world with a little pond in the center of it, plenty of forest life but enough lots within the center to build a decent little city.. and maybe a few small rural areas for country life surrounding it, with a beach location somewhere. Similar to your legacy island but a bit smaller. (smaller beach, smaller rural area) not sure if this is something you can do? Even a small world would be awesome. :o Legacy Island was my favourite for the longest time.
    Thanks so much! I've got lots to think about and see how I can do these- a Big Atlantic map is a no, sorry. A medium with something like that, maybe- I'll have to go through these this week and see what I can do.

Thank you all so much for the ideas and I'll check back when I've got something. :hugz: :D
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    You have sooooo opened Pandora's box! If I had a wish it would be for a grunged-out, post apocalypse world. A dangerous and decaying town area and across a bridge, a couple of areas where survivors are getting back on their feet. I understand to do a complete world build like this would be a very large undertaking. And I wouldn't expect that in my wildest dreams....but perhaps a medium sized world with dirt roads in the survivalists' areas, ruins scattered here and there, dead trees, low foggy bogs, a few WA dig site, several dive lots (that can be turned into flooded city areas)...I can always place the seediest of RHs in the city or town area. I have no idea if we can use the dystopian spawners in the city/town area without worrying about lag or corruption.

Thank you for even considering building again. And I understand if something like this doesn't appeal to you.

Huggles, and I hope you are feeling better.
  • MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    Doesn't have to be an ocean just like a beach area for a small lake would be awesome.
  • Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    Do you import real world maps into CAW? If so, you can have a ball with all the interesting islands around the UK like the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man (Ellan Vannin), Anglesey, the Scilly Isles, Inchcolm and so on (yes I liked the Martin Clunes show when it was on) .
  • dorneviperdorneviper Posts: 52 Member
    I saw the most beautiful cove!!!!...Rflong google Halibut Cove Alaska for images!!!...yes please make that your next world!!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Mauvee's request sounds a whole lot like your Mountain Lake world Rflong. Mauvee have you looked at Mountain Lake?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    Nice to read you're walking a bit more. Don't worry about not being back in the swing of CAW, you have to take the mood when it comes. Sometimes even simply mucking around not building anything gets you more in the mood days down the line.

One of my favourite pretend islands for its cleverness is Solstheim, the little add on island from Skyrim.

799px-BM-place-Solstheim.jpg

It's an island of two halves at first glance, the top half snowy and Nordic, the bottom half all trees and lush. Unlike its big sister, the land has been more shaped and developed by those living there, more traversible but without losing it's wild beauty.

The final trick (which no map shows really well unfortunately) is the very southern end of the island by the sea is covered in a strange sandy soil as of the result of a volcanic eruption from a mainland far to its south east side, the end result being it has developed a whole different flora and fauna to everywhere else, more like a semi-desert arid scrub with giant mushrooms and large fern type plants, the trunks of long dead trees like at Tunguska in Siberia, and rock formations like the Giants Causeway except taller.

Trying to have two main and one further smaller contrasting types of landscape in one small island would sound too clumsy to pull off, but careful attention to detail pulls it off, the environment easing into one another making it believeable.

In no way am I suggesting doing Solstheim, but creating a island of two contrasting environments with the further impact of some natural event to part of it making for another could be worth a challenge.

(Sorry if this reads garbled, but I am become very tired suddenly. Time for bed!

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I wouldn't worry Rflong, I'm sure everyone knows what it's like at some point to be unable to revive interest in something, even though the desire is partly there. You'll more than likely be hit with a bolt of inspiration at some point... sometimes it only takes one really good or interesting idea to fuel your enthusiasm once more.
    I'm glad you're recovering well from your surgery *hug*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    Get yourself up and running (pardon the pun) first before you even open CAW.
    I have all of your worlds and no matter how long it takes for the inspiration to kick in, I know we wont be disappointed with the end result
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    A small Greece-like island would be great :)

Something where you can really get into the details.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Rflong7: Are you still taking request?...I had this idea and put in details and stuff for it and the person who attempted to create it had to quit cause of RL or comp issues...but could you take a look and see if it inspires you?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769609/can-someone-create/p1
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. I always look forward to your sensible and reasonable posts.

Have you ever thought about doing a small gritty urban world world similar to the dock area in Bridgeport? Your worlds are always so beautiful....can you do grunge?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    @Starsaphire2

There is a post-apocalyptic world called Roseward. You can find it in a lot of places because it's very popular. Here is a link to a site with some pictures.
    http://www.sims3createaworld.com/roseward-a-zombie-apocalypse-world-by-nigalkins/
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    @Shadecaster101

Thanks so much for posting this. That's a fun looking world. Have you downloaded it? If so, any routing issues? I've been wanting something like this.

(Rflong, I never worry about CC or glitches or routing issues with your worlds! And always enjoy the interesting details that you slip into them).
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    @Starsaphire2

I have not played it, sorry, but it does have very good reviews online.
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    Honestly, anything you make would be great. The moonlight falls world sounds neat!
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I'm so sorry. :(
    I've tried getting back into CAW but for now, all I do is close it down after a few minutes. I'm on a TS2 marathon and it's been holding my gaming attention.

Maybe when I get bored of it again then CAW and I can be friends again. :lol:
    I still have several worlds waiting for me that I really loved working on and really would like to finish, too. :(

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'm currently playing TS2 as well ! :D It's so nice to go back to. I find I really miss being able to rotate things on a diagonal without using cheats, but that's about all.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding