Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Ideas

Comments

• swetildeswetilde Posts: 21 Member
    I love the idea of a WIZARD/WITCH ACADEMY (!!!) That would be soooo cool. I'm fangirling x100 rn sigh...

Another idea is: University life (a better version of the TS3 one) with more options and 100 parties every weekend. I love the look of the whole "Oxford style" university. I think a massive new world is a must with beaches and secret places with bonfires and allllll of that.

Pets is also necessary. Just imagine having 10 horses, 44 dogs ad 53 cats. I would love to see farms with cows, chickens, pigs etc.
  • navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Sul Sul!
    Below are suggestions for a possible expansion of The Sims 4 game, which I suggest will be called Academic Life. Firstly, Sims who have completed high school could be enrolled in the university, that is, they have already reached at least the young adult stage. To enter the university, every Sim must carry out the professional vocational test, by computer or mobile phone, that will take Sim's skills into consideration. Soon after the test, the Sim will receive, according to The Sims 3, a report with the score obtained for each course, and Sim will enroll in the course for which he scored the highest score. In case of a tie, the game itself, as it happens in The Sims 2, should bring in the wishes of the Sim in which of the courses the same one should join. The course that will appear in the Sim's wishes must be among the courses for which the Sim has scored the highest.Unlike in The Sims 3, regardless of the score obtained by the Sim, the course should be held in eight semesters, and the professional vocational test is an exam to help in choosing the course, not to grant student credits. At the university, Sim will only be able to return to the home neighborhood after completing the course, as in The Sims 2. Regarding the functioning of the university, the idea is that it be divided into five departments, each of which has a student republic, which I will explain in detail later. The departments would be divided as follows:
    Center of Exact Sciences: Astronomy, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry;
    Center for Human and Legal Sciences: Archeology, Social Sciences, Law, Philosophy and History;
    Center for Natural Sciences and Health: Biology, Physical Education, Medicine, Dentistry and Psychology;
    Center of Arts and Communication: Fine Arts, Communication, Design, Gastronomy andLiterature;
    Center for Economic and Technological Sciences: Administration, Architecture, Science and Technology, Economics and Oceanography.
    As stated previously, each of the departments will have a linked republic, which will be located next to or in front of the department building, where classes will be held. For example, a student of Engineering will be housed, obligatorily, in the republic linked to the Center of Exact Sciences, where also students of Astronomy, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry should stay. The idea is that lessons can be accompanied by the player without the need for loading screens. In this way, when loading the university campus, the player must choose which of the five departments will play at the moment. Thus, it will have access to the linked republic and the department building. In order not to weigh the game, all other lots of the campus, such as the library and cafeteria, must pass through the loading screens. Following the Sims quantity pattern per family, the maximum number of playable Sims per department will be eight. Nothing prevents the player from having, in each of the five departments, eight playable Sims enrolled. The player can not only play with all departments at once. The choice should be made, as already stated, once the university campus is loaded. Another novelty of the Academic Life expansion is that it would not be restricted to the university. With it, it would be possible to follow the school life of children and adolescents, in line with the expansion Get to Work. In this way, the player could choose whether or not to follow the routine of the Sim, and should, if he accompanies, perform tasks ordered by the game. Thus we would have two new types of lot in the game: Elementary School and High School. With this, the game would bring more dynamicity to the whole family with children and / or adolescents. These are suggestions from a big fan of The Sims! I'd love to see them one day on The Sims 4! I hope I have collaborated with the work of Electronic Arts! I apologize for possible grammatical errors. I'm Brazilian.
    Thank you in advance for your attention!
    > @natbongiovani said:
    > Sul Sul!

I like your ideas, but it's a lot like ts3. I think ts4 need to step up their game and make University Life (or whatever the name will be) something new. don't get me wrong, i love ts3 university life more than a love myself, but u now what i mean. Something a bit more exciting.
    @swetilde What would you like to see in expansion? :)
    Sul Sul!

Something I would very much like to see in The Sims 4 are the signs of the zodiac. I believe they could be added to the Seasons expansion, with each Sim having its own sign based on the time of the year in which it was born. Let's consider each season to last three days. Sims that are born on the first day of summer will belong to the sign of Gemini; those born on the second day of summer shall be of Cancer, and those born on the third day of that season shall be of Leo. Following this same logic, we will have on the first day of autumn those belonging to the sign of Virgo, on the second day those of Libra and, in the third, those of Scorpio. On the first day of winter, the Sims of Sagittarius, in the second those of Capricorn and, in the third, those of Aquarius. Finally, on the first day of spring we will have the Sims of Pisces, in the second those of Aries and, in the third, those of Taurus. This system would prevent Sims from twins or triplets from belonging to different signs.

In addition, the signs would bring new traits to the Sims, a positive and a negative. These traits could not be changed in CAS. Let's see:
    Aries: energetic and impatient.
    Taurus: affectionate and stubborn.
    Gemini: communicative and inconstant.
    Cancer: sentimental and victimized.
    Leo: leader and vain.
    Virgo: observer and critic.
    Libra: diplomatic and indecisive.
    Scorpio: passionate and vindictive.
    Sagittarius: joking and restless.
    Capricorn: disciplined and pessimistic.
    Aquarius: adventurous and unpredictable.
    Pisces: imaginative and distracted.

The signs would also bring a new system of compatibility between the Sims, which would affect the behavior of a Sim to the others. When a Sim knows another with the sign compatible with yours, he makes friends more easily and, as a consequence, practices friendly actions. When the signs are incompatible, the actions tend to be malicious, being more complicated to maintain the relationship of the Sims. Like this:

Aries: Compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius and Aquarius. Incompatible with Cancer and Capricorn.
    Taurus: Compatible with Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces. Incompatible with Leo and Aquarius.
    Gemini: Compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius. Incompatible with Virgo and Pisces.
    Cancer: Compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces. Incompatible with Aries and Libra.
    Leo: Compatible with Aries, Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius. Incompatible with Taurus and Scorpio.
    Virgo: Compatible with Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn. Incompatible with Gemini and Sagittarius.
    Libra: Compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius and Aquarius. Incompatible with Cancer and Capricorn.
    Scorpio: Compatible with Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces. Incompatible with Leo and Aquarius.
    Sagittarius: Compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius. Incompatible with Virgo and Pisces.
    Capricorn: Compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces. Incompatible with Aries and Libra.
    Aquarius: Compatible with Aries, Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius. Incompatible with Taurus and Scorpio.
    Pisces: Compatible with Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn. Incompatible with Gemini and Sagittarius.

In addition to the sign system, The Sims 4 Seasons also innovated bringing not only the seasons but also two new holiday destinations: One on the coast, so the Sims can go to the beach and surf, and another in the mountains, so the Sims can enjoy the snow and ski! It would be a wonderful expansion!
    > @natbongiovani said:
    > Sul Sul!
    >
    > Something I would very much like to see in The Sims 4 are the signs of the zodiac.

I really like the idea with zodiac signs but I think it would be really complicated to create in ts4. I like the following "traits" like a Leo being: Leader and vain, or a Sagittarius being: Joking and restless. But not every person is whatever the zodiac sign says, so skip the zodiac signs and make the description of each sign a trait instead. I don't feel like a zodiac sign should make you the person you are.
    Don't get me wrong, I would really like having zodiac signs just like we did in ts3, but they shouldn't have such a huge impact on the sim.

I think that The Sims 4 really messed up with the traits (overall) in the game because they barely give you anything. Any sim can be evil, you can learn to cook just as fast without the Foodie trait, I mean, you see? The traits in TS4 should be improved and give the game some more "realism" and actually have an impact on the sims.
    The traits in TS4 are basically pointless from my view of perspective.
    > @natbongiovani said:
    > @swetilde What would you like to see in expansion? :)

Oh my God, don't get me started!
    My 3 main "expansion-dreams" for TS4 would probably be something that has to do with University, something Tropical inspired and a Season expansion pack.

The Season's expansion pack I'm really crossing my fingers for. I'd like to see a new town (!!!) with beaches, a Fair/Festival, maybe a Mall or something nice. Atm I'm not really sure but I want to see weather, skiing and a huge beach.
  • TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    Can EA team up Sims 4 and Harry Potter gaming to bring us a special anniversary expansion pack that takes the Sims to a Harry Potter type world? You can install your witch/wizard stuff and all the hoots and hollars that go along with it. You can expand jobs so adult sims can be a professor or work at the ministry of magic. There is a world of possible angles to this that can be done.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    #1 University - new careers that require specific degrees

#2 Hobbies - sketchbook, soccer , kite flying, skateboarding,
    board games, volleyball,

#3 entertainment - new places to go and new fun attractions

> @Treleifin said:
    > Can EA team up Sims 4 and Harry Potter gaming to bring us a special anniversary expansion pack that takes the Sims to a Harry Potter type world? You can install your witch/wizard stuff and all the hoots and hollars that go along with it. You can expand jobs so adult sims can be a professor or work at the ministry of magic. There is a world of possible angles to this that can be done.

I'm totally looking forward to some Quidditch
  • Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
    I would love university
    - have the university be its out world so while you are off with your sim(s) you aren't missing out at home
    - dorms and apartment options (since apartments are now a thing)
    - roommate applications
    - get your class schedule based off of your major
    - laptops
    - more party options (bonfire and juice)

similar to TS3 but add in new features around TS4 emotions
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Vehicles

Weather/Seasons

University

Farm Life

Worlds/Vacations
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
    Sul Sul!
    Today I bring suggestions given by the player Malú Aguiar in the Brazilian group SimsTime:
    "Well, I think we need more attention with the elderly. I've been playing with my Sim since I was a baby and had plenty of things to do until he was an adult. When they reached senior citizens, there was nothing different. They could have places for them. Like where they would meet other seniors to play cards, golf, tennis, snooker. Interactions for them too, such as "giving morale to younger Sims," "catching the attention of disobedient children," "cursing Sims who are kissing in public," "catching the attention of Sims who are wearing 'inappropriate' clothing".
    With regard to children and adolescents, it could have playable school, where children should meet class goals in each discipline, as it has in the playable careers of Get to Work. If the student meets or will not have a certain grade. There they could have prank interactions in which they try to run away from the inspector and kill class with playable teachers (such as a career).
    We could also have stations that affect the Sims' emotions: the Sim hate or love each season, like a Sim who hates winter or summer."
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Sul Sul!

Something I would very much like to see in The Sims 4 are the signs of the zodiac. I believe they could be added to the Seasons expansion, with each Sim having its own sign based on the time of the year in which it was born. Let's consider each season to last three days. Sims that are born on the first day of summer will belong to the sign of Gemini; those born on the second day of summer shall be of Cancer, and those born on the third day of that season shall be of Leo. Following this same logic, we will have on the first day of autumn those belonging to the sign of Virgo, on the second day those of Libra and, in the third, those of Scorpio. On the first day of winter, the Sims of Sagittarius, in the second those of Capricorn and, in the third, those of Aquarius. Finally, on the first day of spring we will have the Sims of Pisces, in the second those of Aries and, in the third, those of Taurus. This system would prevent Sims from twins or triplets from belonging to different signs.

In addition, the signs would bring new traits to the Sims, a positive and a negative. These traits could not be changed in CAS. Let's see:
    Aries: energetic and impatient.
    Taurus: affectionate and stubborn.
    Gemini: communicative and inconstant.
    Cancer: sentimental and victimized.
    Leo: leader and vain.
    Virgo: observer and critic.
    Libra: diplomatic and indecisive.
    Scorpio: passionate and vindictive.
    Sagittarius: joking and restless.
    Capricorn: disciplined and pessimistic.
    Aquarius: adventurous and unpredictable.
    Pisces: imaginative and distracted.

The signs would also bring a new system of compatibility between the Sims, which would affect the behavior of a Sim to the others. When a Sim knows another with the sign compatible with yours, he makes friends more easily and, as a consequence, practices friendly actions. When the signs are incompatible, the actions tend to be malicious, being more complicated to maintain the relationship of the Sims. Like this:

Aries: Compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius and Aquarius. Incompatible with Cancer and Capricorn.
    Taurus: Compatible with Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces. Incompatible with Leo and Aquarius.
    Gemini: Compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius. Incompatible with Virgo and Pisces.
    Cancer: Compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces. Incompatible with Aries and Libra.
    Leo: Compatible with Aries, Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius. Incompatible with Taurus and Scorpio.
    Virgo: Compatible with Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn. Incompatible with Gemini and Sagittarius.
    Libra: Compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius and Aquarius. Incompatible with Cancer and Capricorn.
    Scorpio: Compatible with Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces. Incompatible with Leo and Aquarius.
    Sagittarius: Compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius. Incompatible with Virgo and Pisces.
    Capricorn: Compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces. Incompatible with Aries and Libra.
    Aquarius: Compatible with Aries, Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius. Incompatible with Taurus and Scorpio.
    Pisces: Compatible with Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn. Incompatible with Gemini and Sagittarius.

In addition to the sign system, The Sims 4 Seasons also innovated bringing not only the seasons but also two new holiday destinations: One on the coast, so the Sims can go to the beach and surf, and another in the mountains, so the Sims can enjoy the snow and ski! It would be a wonderful expansion!

I like this a lot
  • SimuladorDosSimsSimuladorDosSims Posts: 1 New Member
    My idea is to bring a gamepack that brings more specific things to the elderly, bring two expansions a year and bring more nps ... an example is: policemen, firemen, thieves ...
  • Kitty_1Kitty_1 Posts: 38 Member
    What if there was like a Get To School pack. It would show a school day of a child. You could choose electives and things like that. You could also be put in good classes if you make good grades. I know it's kind of a stupid idea but I think you could go a lot of directions with this, like, transportation, Electives, Grades, Social Interactions, ect.
    I also think a Life on The Farm expansion pack would be cool. Same with the hotel owner one. That could be fun!
    The airports also sound fun!
  • angelsdavidangelsdavid Posts: 5 New Member
    Weekend at the Beach!

C'mon now EA, many of us don't live anywhere near a beach, and would love a beach weekend!

Give us the whole experience too, no shortcuts!

We want the surf.
    We want the sand.
    We want the umbrellas and beach loungers to suntan on.
    We want the blanket for the picnic near the surf.
    We want the suntan oil.
    Oh yes, we want to TAN don't we girls? :)
    We want the surfboard rentals and yes, the surfboarding too!
    We want the watercraft and jet skis
    We want the bon fire at night
    We want the boardwalk and the skateboarding or skates
    We want the boutiques and gift shops and the quaint little diners along the boardwalk
    We want the ice cream stands don't we people?!
    We want to hunt for shells along the shore (would be great to be able to walk along that shore holding hands with our lovers while scouting for shells too!)
    We don't want to leave, it's paradise, so, sure, we will rent that beach house and stay for the weekend!
    What? Who said that? Craft our own surfboards to sell in our own little shop on that beach? Really? Cool!

C'mon EA now, I know you got it in you... if not, move over, let me in there!

Angela.
  • Fatine009Fatine009 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'd like to leave a suggestion for a possible future Sims 4 Seasons pack. I think it would be cool if there was an option to give your Sims seasonal outfits. Like you can create different outfits for each season and when that season roles around your Sim will automatically change into that outfit.
  • surfergrrl6surfergrrl6 Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, I know it would basically be a re-do of TS3 content, but Seasons, Vacations, Supernatural, and Island Paradise would be awesome. Also more traits, there's so few traits that all Sims feel so similar, really.
    Wouldn't it be cool if your sims could be singers, dancers (like professionally), actors (tv or live), directors, ect.
    Also, continuing on to my Back To School idea...What if there was after school sports(football,basketball,soccer,cheer,swimming,dancing(Lyrical, Ballet, Jazz,Tap, ect.), gymnastics, ect.)? At home you could see your child's (or teens or toddlers) skills. There could be like a "Show Mom" (or dad or older sibling or friend) option. It would also raise your skill levels. You could also make friends. But, these need to be RIGHT after school. Homework is already long as it is (please fix that). Perhaps, there could be recitals/meets/games? You could also "Practice Dance" (or other sport). You could also "Practice Dance With..." (or other sport).But, only if they are also taking that sport. Why limit a child (or teen or toddler) to only one sport? (Dance on Monday's and Wednesday, Swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays) They could bring home trophies and meddles(the more you practice and the higher your skill is the better you will do). You can also "Go in for Extra Practice" by clicking on the school (if you don't have a swimming pool or ect. at home) You can also (if you practice a lot and your skill is at a certain point) win the "Best In Class" (can get this at all ages) (can win more then once). Why not spread the fun to the older sims and let them participate in "Adult Sports" (Mostly the same except for add-ons like swim-aerobics)? Even your grandma and grandpa can play! (options get more limited) And, I know this is a long shot but what about getting to like watch the performances? Just a thought!
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I want to see pets, seasons, vacation, and a farming expansion pack before the sims 4 ends.
    Also, continuing with my Back To School idea.... Not feeling sports? Well, why not join a school club (Chess club, Garden Club, Book Club, Art Club, Music Club,Homework Help,Drama Club, ect.)? These will, also, build skills/improve skills. You can make friends and find a hobby! These can be right after school. Why not include the parents? They can have Adult Clubs. (Mostly the same things) Even Granny can join in!