Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game keeps shutting me out with 'sims 4 has stopped working'

2...Next

Comments

• heart17090heart17090 Posts: 25 Member
    It is the servers most defiantly. I work in IT and for a server team as well. This is the kind of thing you would expect if the servers were over loaded.
  • annieh79annieh79 Posts: 13 New Member
    hi when i go in to sims4 game it kicks me out of the game and when i start the game it take to long to go in to create a sims i have mods in my game and when ever i decorate a house the game stops on me
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    annieh79 wrote: »
    hi when i go in to sims4 game it kicks me out of the game and when i start the game it take to long to go in to create a sims i have mods in my game and when ever i decorate a house the game stops on me

Hello @annieh79
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • annieh79annieh79 Posts: 13 New Member
    hi sims4 folder is all messed up it dose look like it supose to look how to fix it
    annieh79 wrote: »
    hi sims4 folder is all messed up it dose look like it supose to look how to fix it

Hello @annieh79
    I am sorry that you are having issues with Sims 4,
    In what way is the sims 4 folder messed up? Could you please explain what the game issue is, and then we may be able to help you :)
  • MNJ2891011MNJ2891011 Posts: 8 New Member
    I just recently got my Sims 4 for Christmas. And I noticed that I'm only really Able to play online. & Never had these sort of issues before.. but I did some some research, and found out if you go into offline mode on origin; which I have did that and I tried clicking run as administrator. And it's did play for a little and it did it agian. ( just crashes. Or closes out. ) can anyone help me with this. Or whatever you did to get your sims 4 from crashing or closing out.
    Thanks . Much love ♡
    MNJ2891011 wrote: »
    I just recently got my Sims 4 for Christmas. And I noticed that I'm only really Able to play online. & Never had these sort of issues before.. but I did some some research, and found out if you go into offline mode on origin; which I have did that and I tried clicking run as administrator. And it's did play for a little and it did it agian. ( just crashes. Or closes out. ) can anyone help me with this. Or whatever you did to get your sims 4 from crashing or closing out.
    Thanks . Much love ♡

Hello @MNJ2891011
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain , could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link of your DXDiag info though when you post it in this thread by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
    @rosemow I have just did this. but I do not know what else to do?
    @rosemow I did the following up above. repairing it did the same thing played for a little bit and a window popped up saying something about (the game stopped working, which is what its been doing. ) then I tried posting my dx file to the link you just mention. "
    @rosemow I did the following up above. repairing it did the same thing played for a little bit and a window popped up saying something about (the game stopped working, which is what its been doing. ) then I tried posting my dx file to the link you just mention. "

Hello @MNJ2891011
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site
    https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste all the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread, the web address of your dxdiag info text file that is on the pastebin site. Replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p, as you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

If you have issues, you can instead copy/paste the DXDiag information to posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
    @rosemow I have just did that. but I'm not sure what else I'm to do after I posted the file.?
    @rosemow I have just did that. but I'm not sure what else I'm to do after I posted the file.?

After you have created the text file on the pastebin site, post the website page address here, Replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p, when posting it here,
    h.t.t.p.s.pastebin.com/mX47i5TX
    h.t.t.p.pastebin.com/mX47i5TX
    h.t.t.p.pastebin.com/mX47i5TX

https://pastebin.com/mX47i5TX

Hello @MNJ2891011
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the crashing.
    I am so sorry :(

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    Thank You Oh' so very much for your time. God Bless !
    @Rosemow I also forgot to mention .. I'm able to play the game online. .. which is the whole main issue right now mainly just ever since I got it playing offline, is when it'll shut down.
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Been having this issue since Cats and Dogs- I was assuming it was just the number of packs on my laptop rn, but this thread is giving me a sliver of hope that maybe it's a server issue instead! Will try playing offline and see if that helps!! Thank you for making this thread!
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    Been having this issue since Cats and Dogs- I was assuming it was just the number of packs on my laptop rn, but this thread is giving me a sliver of hope that maybe it's a server issue instead! Will try playing offline and see if that helps!! Thank you for making this thread!

Hello @AmeliaNova
    The Cats and Dogs pack increased the recommended requirements for running the game. If you continue to have issues, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @AmeliaNova
    The Cats and Dogs pack increased the recommended requirements for running the game. If you continue to have issues, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

I know my computer can handle Cats and Dogs, it's got a dedicated graphics card, I'm just concerned it's all the expansion and game packs on the same computer that's making it run slower.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @AmeliaNova
    Click OK

I know my computer can handle Cats and Dogs, it's got a dedicated graphics card, I'm just concerned it's all the expansion and game packs on the same computer that's making it run slower.

Hello
    There are some things that you can try doing that may help if your computer is running slow .

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world