Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game keeps shutting me out with 'sims 4 has stopped working'

Sorry if this is already up but I don't have the patience to stroll through! My game keeps shutting me out with 'sims 4 has stopped working' like every 5 minutes or so... My sim will be dishing up some chips and salsa and freezes, then cuts out. I've tried to turn Origin into 'Offline mode' however it still keeps happening and also just to clarify it's driving me nuts. Help? :\
May we all chill like wizards

Comments

• RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    Mine is doing the same thing. The game just isn't stable yet and there are tons of crashes...
    We'll have to wait for a patch to solve the problem completely, sadly. ; - ;
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    I've been looking around and found a site that says to run the game as administrator, which I did... I've been playing for ten minutes since, and it hasn't kicked me out. so fingers crossed it stays okay, just keep saving see how it goes, hope it works for you too :smile:

I'd post the link, but have to wait a little longer as a member.
  • suthrnprncesssuthrnprncess Posts: 2 New Member
    I had the same thing just start happening to me. It didn't until now. I will try this too. I am so disappointed with all the issues that the game is having. My baby being deformed and now this. I am just about ready to ask for my money back.
    I understand it's still in it's baby steps, I haven't experienced any other issues as of yet, but I'm waiting for the next one :p
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    If all else fails try playing offline.
    I spoke to soon, and thanks, I'll try that also :)
  • Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    I'm speaking to someone on ea live chat. Maybe it's custom content people are putting into sims/lots that are making things crash? Also, look at my thread called: game-crashes-at-plumbob-loading-screen-look-here-for-possible-fixes
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Rav- it is the online mode try offline.
    I don't have any custom content installed.. hmm I'm not sure, it's not doing it as much anymore but still £60 pound, god 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
  • rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    my game started crashing after i added a house to my neighborhood from the gallery that had The Ultimate
    Freezer Bunny Award and i do not have it in my game.. i removed the house and now my game constantly crashes
    i do not use CC so thats not the problem
  • AyemeeeAyemeee Posts: 17 New Member
    Mine keeps doing this too. After I first installed it, I managed to play 2 hours no problem. Now I'm lucky to go 30 minutes without 'the sims 4 has stopped working'.
  • heart17090heart17090 Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can't just play this with origin as offline, you have to completely disconnect your computer from the internet. There is an issue with EA's server and the amount of people registering/playing the game right now. EA did not learn from the whole Simcity issue they had earlier in the year.
    Thanks, I'll give this a go. It's confusing me because my laptop could play the sims 3 fine, so in my head I'm thinking it can surely run sims 4 with lower requirements!
  • KimReikoKimReiko Posts: 35 Member
    Yep, same here. Wow it's just one thing after the next for this game, right? If anyone finds anything out please post a fix here. And I will do the same.
    KIM_REIKO PSN | KIM_REIKO TWITCH | iKIMBERLY GALLERY

Its so frustrating! I'll also post if I find a fix.
    @Ayemeee - yeah mine has done the exact same thing as yours. and I agree with heart, it must be the server. I have a really decent computer, I've un-installed and re-installed, dropped my graphics, everything. Sigh... just have to wait!
    I'm hoping they can sort it out soon. When I first installed and played it, it went 3 hours without any crashes! :\
  • truthbeknowntruthbeknown Posts: 2 New Member
    @heart17090 - Thank you for posting that! I hadn't been able to run the game since day 3 (it worked fine for me on day 1 and 2), and finally got it working thanks to your solution. I had previously tried running it in offline mode, removing my Tray files, changing my UAC settings, messing with antivirus and firewall settings, setting it to windowed mode, and a bazillion other things after many hours of scouring the forums. So happy to be able to actually start the game again.
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Try my fix from my other post! Hopefully it will work for your issue too! The update caused problems with the game and Origin for a lot of people. I just talked to an EA customer service rep
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/780465/how-to-fix-the-grayed-out-unplayable-game-today#latest
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    I've had this problem since day one and tried all these solutions, except for unplugging the computer from the internet completely. I'll try that one and see if it works. My game crashes in less than an hour since I started playing the day of release. It is frustrating.
  • Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    Didn't work. Shut down after 30 minutes.
    @LeslieM25 that solution did not work. Like I said the only solution that works for me is to disconnect from the internet. It is something with the Origin servers and TS4.
  • ARSuggittARSuggitt Posts: 18 New Member
    Mine has crashed too. It does it about once per day without rhyme or reason. Tried changing settings, but nothing seems to work. Hopefully they fix this soon. I've just been saving every sim day so I don't lose too much gameplay if it does crash.
    I have found another way to play it. You can while in game (without it being online, completely disconnect your computer from the internet) click the options (...) go to game options and select other. Uncheck the option that says online access. This will take the game offline. This is working for me so far. Hope this helps.
    > @heart17090 said:
    > I have found another way to play it. You can while in game (without it being online, completely disconnect your computer from the internet) click the options (...) go to game options and select other. Uncheck the option that says online access. This will take the game offline. This is working for me so far. Hope this helps.

I'll give this a try, I have noticed and don't know if some people are noticing too, but gameplay doesn't seem to crash as much in the morning, like once every hour maybe. But when it's getting to afternoon/evening, it crashes every 20 minutes. I dunno, it must be the servers :(