Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial: Build Stairs with a Landing

DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Greetings Simmers!

I have created a tutorial showing you how to build stairs with a landing in The Sims 4. You can find it here: http://imgur.com/a/fB0ay#0

Basically, you can make rooms that have stairs like this:

E74NVpw.png

Essentially, the technique is use the foundation as a landing area and delete the rest of the floors. The limitation is that doors and windows can't be placed on foundation, but walls only. So you make a small landing area where your sims can use your door. You would also have stairs going to your door from outside, or a front deck.

Hope it helps, guys! Happy Simming!

Comments

• xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    Is it possible to make a second floor landing? like the normal stairs go up from the first floor and at the second floor have a small set of steps going to the second floor?
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    I don't believe so. This is the only way that I have found to make curved staircases.
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    This is a great tutorial, @Davlan. Thank you so much for sharing it!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    darn thats tricky i wish they didn't remove all the building cheats
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    @Davlan Thanks a bunch for sharing this info!
    @Veronia @KaylyRed Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
  • CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    its the same way to make a split level room. sadly it looks little weird with 1 small part and 1 long part mostly its even..
    but im still gonna make it when im building a 2nd floor on my legacy house :)
    zy5wme.png
    @rosemow Thanks!

@Caitarina I agree, it looks kinda weird. I had the foundation part pretty small for the tutorial but you can make it larger which would even out the stair lengths a bit more.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    favorited and thank you so much!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Davlan wrote: »
    Greetings Simmers!

I have created a tutorial showing you how to build stairs with a landing in The Sims 4. You can find it here: http://imgur.com/a/fB0ay#0

E74NVpw.png

Essentially, the technique is use the foundation as a landing area and delete the rest of the floors. The limitation is that doors and windows can't be placed on foundation, but walls only. So you make a small landing area where your sims can use your door. You would also have stairs going to your door from outside, or a front deck.

I haven't figured out how to put a rail around the opening on the 2nd floor

• HunnysuckleHunnysuckle Posts: 12 New Member
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Being able to create a split level is really good so thanks for this tutorial. The one thing which bothers me about building in Sims 4 is that it's more limiting than Sims 3 - for instance, it's not possible to re-colour the foundation so that it matches the walls.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    wow, awesome, thanku!
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    A railing replaces an existing wall. So you have to put in a wall, then replace it with a fence.

My problem with this method of making a split level is that you can't have a door on the ground level. If more than one room is at ground level, you can't put a door between the rooms, only an open space with no wall. I find it rather more limiting than not being able to do split level at all. The old Sims 2 basements and terrain levels were much more useful.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Thanks, this helps a lot! :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SimLadyCandiSimLadyCandi Posts: 11 New Member
    Wow, I like this. I've always wanted stairs with a landing like this. Thank you for sharing
  • Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    Davlan wrote: »
    Greetings Simmers!

E74NVpw.png

Thank you for this!
  • xxkimxxxxkimxx Posts: 1 New Member
    I think if you put a "room" in the middle of the room you want the bottom stairs in and do it exactly like this tutorial it should work :)