Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cogitotoro's Sims - new Psych and X Files WIPS up for comments and suggestions!

CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
Hi! I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread to put up some of my Sims. I'd love any feedback or suggestions - I have been known to go back and adjust Sims even after I've put them up on the Gallery.

I might post Sims in progress here to see if anybody has ideas of how to improve them before I upload them, too, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any requests, let me know and I'll decide whether I can make a Sim of that person! Also, if you have any questions about how to do certain things in CAS, please feel free to ask. I love to answer questions like that.

So, in no particular order, some of my Sims! First, some of my celebrities:

Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes:
cumberbatch_zpsc0fe7c9e.png
sherlockprofile_zps55d74ab5.png
sherlockfull_zpsb0ca1283.png

Martin Freeman as John Watson:
watson_zps04a65e07.png
watson2_zps0eed4bb6.png
watson3_zps2db53b76.png

Lupita Nyong'o:
lupita_zpsdad01f83.png
lupita4_zps3fd4b099.png

Debbie Harry (from Blondie):
debbieharry_zps7038940d.png

Stephen Colbert:
Colbertcollage_zps7ff11735.jpg

Abe Lincoln:
Lincoln3_zpseb51d7c5.png
Lincoln2_zps77b8ee99.png

Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor:
11Doctor_zps3fc86e27.png
11Doctor2_zpsb29e6178.png

Dolly Parton:
dolly_zps8aa04359.png

Spike Lee:
spikelee_zps04b7591c.png
spikeleeknicks_zpscc199f6e.png

Supernatural - Dean Winchester, Sam Winchester, and Castiel:
Deancollage_zps59710ef3.jpg
Samcollage_zps7a0fab58.jpg
Castielcollage_zpsd8fc0082.jpg

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
No wishlist for me!
Post edited by Cogitotoro on

Comments

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I absolutely love the Steven Colbert sim. Some of the expressions you captured were just perfect. All the others are great too, but that was my fav.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    I absolutely love the Steven Colbert sim. Some of the expressions you captured were just perfect. All the others are great too, but that was my fav.

Thanks so much! He's one of my favorites too, although not that popular on the Gallery for some reason. My daughter and I are huge fans, and as soon as I got him done and we started watching him do the animations, we started cracking up with hilarity. The animations that look so weird on, say, Sherlock, look perfect on him.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    When I get the game I will have to remember to go download him.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited September 2014
    Here's a good example of why the lack of content in the base game can be painful. I wanted to make some Wizard of Oz characters.

The Wizard? No problem. He worked pretty well - and this is with only the demo, so he's actually a young adult:

wizard_zpse9ef90a3.png
    wizard2_zps2af1dd2a.png

The Wicked Witch of the West? Not so great - yup, she's wearing a lycra jacket and sunhat. Still, though, at least she's recognizable:

witch1_zps817ec6ac.png
    witch2_zps4c44487a.png

The super frustrating one is Dorothy.
    19042.jpg
    Yes, be scared, my little pretty. You're about to become Miley Cyrus... and almost like it.

I've got two choices - hair with ponytails and bangs, or hair without bangs but no ponytails. With bangs, she somehow just doesn't look like Dorothy:

dorothyponytails_zps9ba041fd.png
    dorothyponytails2_zps31588953.png

Without bangs, you can see that she really looks a lot like Dorothy - but that hair is just so wrong!
    dorothytopknots_zps91356839.png
    dorothytopknots2_zps057d4f8d.png

So... now it's just a waiting game until all the expansions and worlds come out and give us everything we need to make everyone we want to make.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Next up, my Firefly/Serenity Sims.

If you haven't seen the series Firefly and the movie Serenity, you should really do so. In that order. Right away.

First and forever, Joss Whedon:
    josswhedon1_zpscc6b9b95.png

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds:
    mal1_zpsa404ad4b.png
    mal2_zps2ba6c3e2.png
    ffmal3_zpse8e1382f.png

Zoe Washburn:
    ffzoe2_zpsfcc01ebb.png
    ffzoe1_zps7d056345.png
    ffzoe3_zps78c27e12.png

Hoban "Wash" Washburn:
    ffwash1_zpsc52b0a93.png
    ffwash2_zps52cb8fc4.png
    ffwash3_zpsd75e1050.png

Jayne Cobb:
    ffjayne1_zps0dc1fafc.png
    ffjayne2_zps8c0a9b65.png
    ffjayne3_zps39d477d3.png

Inara Serra:
    ffinara1_zps40881854.png
    ffinara2_zps24899b31.png
    ffinara3_zps95016ef7.png

Simon Tam:
    ffsimon1_zpsd5c4d833.png
    ffsimon2_zps7a9dfc81.png
    ffsimon3_zpsecda6d5f.png

River Tam:
    ffriver1_zpsebc23cd5.png
    ffriver2_zps1f9cddc4.png
    ffriver3_zps7213feb5.png

Kaywinnet Lee "Kaylee" Frye:
    ffkaylee1_zps92f77fd7.png
    ffkaylee4_zpsfb22c187.png
    ffkaylee2_zps4a268529.png
    ffkaylee3_zpsc3615beb.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your sims :) Each of your sims are great! Your simversions of the characters and real life people reflect each of them so very well! It looks great how you have done the shapes of their faces, their eyes, and their hair styles to create them as a sim. Each of the sims will be great to play in the game!
  • MadilanlonaMadilanlona Posts: 123 Member
    Oh my god that is great! Especially Lincoln. I have a special request for you if you won't mind, can you make me a sim looking like Cristiano Ronaldo? Here is a picture of him.

Cristiano-Ronaldo-9.jpg

I'd be so grateful.
    Origin ID: Commandermadi
    https://simsgate.com - A new community for Sims players to unleash their creativity and showcase their creations without any hassle.
    @rosemow, hi! Great to see you here! And thanks so much for the lovely comments.

@Madilanlona, thanks! I like Lincoln too - every time I look at his profile, I'm like, "He looks just like a penny!" Ronaldo is a great idea, I haven't done any athletes yet. I think there's hair like that, too. He looks doable. Look at his little tiny tilted back ears, lol. I wanna make those. I'll check to make sure he hasn't been perfectly done already first.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    @rosemow, hi! Great to see you here! And thanks so much for the lovely comments.

@Madilanlona, thanks! I like Lincoln too - every time I look at his profile, I'm like, "He looks just like a penny!" Ronaldo is a great idea, I haven't done any athletes yet. I think there's hair like that, too. He looks doable. Look at his little tiny tilted back ears, lol. I wanna make those. I'll check to make sure he hasn't been perfectly done already first.

@rosemow Awesomeness, I will be waiting for Ronaldo. Just mention me when you finish him. Thanks in advance :)
    https://simsgate.com - A new community for Sims players to unleash their creativity and showcase their creations without any hassle.
    (25 minutes later...)
    @Madilanlona, here he is so far. I'm guessing you know him much better than I do - what do you think so far? Or anyone else? I also wasn't sure about traits. For his aspiration I went with Fabulously Wealthy, then I made him Active, Self-Assured, and Ambitious. Does that sound reasonable?

Ronaldo1_zps911ded16.png
    Ronaldo2_zps0703708d.png
    Ronaldo3_zps8f4aa664.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Traits sound great. For facial looks, I suggest you make the eyebrows thinner, skin more white and hair is dark brown not black. His current haircut is also found in the panel and it would suit him more than this. Here it is

Cristiano-Ronaldo-Hairstyle-Full-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
    edited September 2014
    @Madilanlona - Thanks! I was changing some of those things as you wrote this - eyebrows (can't go much thinner and have the right shape, though) and hair color especially. I had taken pics of my most recent changes and just added one with the haircut I think you're talking about. I'm not sure about it though - really? It looks kind of, I don't know, businessman or military guy to me. The other one may not be his newest but it's super classic Ronaldo. I'm also a bit reluctant to go lighter on his skin tone, because he's so well known for tanning outrageously.
    Ronaldonew2_zpsc69c527b.png
    Ronaldonew3_zps07a3fdbb.pngRonaldonew1_zps36437737.png

Ronaldonewhaircut_zps64f04e76.png
    Hmm, I think I should give him 5 o'clock shadow, too, now that I look at him again.

ETA:
    Okay, even newer. I think I'm happy with his face. Here he is tanner with the old haircut and less tan with the new haircut.
    Ronaldonewer1_zps3f7b628c.png
    Ronaldonewer2_zps44463aff.png

Post edited by Cogitotoro on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Cogitotoro, I actually think your "Dorothy" is really good. The bangs with the ponytail don't bother me so much. I could see her having that hair I guess. The "Miley" hair I don't like. Debby Harry, and Dolly Parton also capture their facial features and expression. Some of the other celebs I'm not so familiar with. I've enjoyed looking at the thread though.

One thing I've noticed IN GENERAL with sims 4 sims is that even when the nose looks like their nose, it just doesn't - does that make sense?! Maybe noses are difficult on some faces to get right.
    edited September 2014
    @zorba2357 thanks for the nice words! I agree with you about the "Miley" hair on Dorothy being all wrong, but it was really the only haircut without bangs to show her in. I find that I actually am missing all the great options for styles of clothing, hair, and hats I've gotten used to with Sims 3 and all the expansions more than I'm missing CASt, although I definitely miss that too.

ETA: noses are tricky in Sims 4 because they come in presets, and you can't always get the mix'n'match nose you need. So for instance you might need a nose with a really thin bridge, an outward arch in the middle, and long sticky-out nostrils; at that point you find that every nose with two of those characteristics lacks the other one. It's a bit frustrating to find a nose that can be made perfect in every respect except one... over and over, with different noses and different problems.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Your Ronaldo sim reflects him very well! :) He looks great ! The shape of his face and how you have done his eyes looks very nice!
    Okay, Cristiano Ronaldo is done and on the Gallery. I went with old hairstyle for some outfits and new for formal. He's reenacting his famous underwear ads for sleepwear!

ronaldofinal1_zps1e8427de.png
    ronaldofinal2_zps1504c6e6.png
    ronaldofinal4_zps60d0a61b.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Here are some of the Simselves I've recently made for people requesting them on the forum! It's really fun to make someone who can't quite get something they're happy with on their own.

nWLS5L3FFAL08.jpg
    ohohraptor873_zpse4837f2e.png

nWGU7L0AS1EHW.JPG
    diankanew_zpsfc247e4b.png

nFKI324YMVSX6.JPG
    Alyse8662_zpsb61ca165.png

n1FLFPWPV6JSO.jpg
    marciepanify1_zpsbb0d9fc7.png

n04GUA3R2MGXM.JPG
    Percy2032_zps70d40177.png

nJ1LZXMNNPWOV.jpg
    hayyellen_zps88923806.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Your simselves of the simmers are great! :) You have reflected the people in the pictures so very well! They are very nice sims!
  • PIumbobPIumbob Posts: 36 Member
    Amazing Sims! Love your Benedict Cumberbatch, I'm a cumberbitch (nothing rude I promise, just the name used for his fans!) and think the likeness is uncanny! :D
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    your Abe Lincoln and Spike Lee look so close to the real people ! nice.
    Thank you all so much for the compliments. I like thinking of people having someone like Abe Lincoln or Spike Lee just wandering around in their neighborhoods, and I think there will be a lot of weddings involving my Sherlock! He has been downloaded I think around a couple of thousand times so far, so he should be in a lot of relationships around now. :)
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Oh wow all these creations are fantastic, you are very talented, love all your sims :)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

I started working on an X Files household, and got hung up on Scully. She's proving really difficult! Here she is so far, for what it's worth.
    scullymid_zps5eb24985.png
    scullymid2_zpse45b4215.png

I actually scared myself silly with her this morning. I woke up and while my coffee was brewing I went to pull her up and work on her, but accidentally hit the button that put her up on the Gallery! She's totally not done, but even more hilarious was that I hadn't changed anything but her top, so she was wearing this ridiculous outfit:
    scullyshorts_zps0fe64cab.png

Don't worry, I snagged her right back off.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    I love how you can make Sims of all different ethnicities and heritages with TS4. Early on, I made this household called "Global Women." If I were playing the game, I'd plunk them down in my town just to make sure there were women this diverse wandering around. Maybe I'd change their clothes so they didn't look so much like a cult, though.

globalwomen_zps9a27c951.png

Subira (East African), Abeni (West African), and Mitali (Indian):
    subiramyriad_zps062dcbc6.pngabenimyriad_zps690135c6.pngmitalimyriad_zps02b95eda.png

Hadiyah (Middle Eastern), Lien (East Asian), and Carmen (Hispanic/Latina):
    hadiyahmyriad2_zpsff78d732.pnglienmyriad_zps05d41000.pngcarmenmyriad_zps27bb3393.png

Fiona (British) and Kristen (Scandinavian):
    fionamyriad2_zps3b0384da.pngkristenmyriad_zps9116de17.png

(lol, I typed "this household called 'Global Women' of women from around the world" before realizing that was totally redundant.)
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Your household of women from around the world is very special. :) It is a very nice household. Your simversion of Scully reflects her well! It looks great how you have done her eyes, eyebrows and her hair ! She is a great simform of her!