Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a baby, boy or girl

Is it possible to force a baby girl or a baby boy in the Sims 4? Or is it possible to change the sex by exiting to the main menu until you get what you want?

Comments

• RakawreRakawre Posts: 71 Member
    We don't know yet, :o
  • Melzor03Melzor03 Posts: 61 Member
    Haven't had any luck going to the main menu, tried a few times so far.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    My sim has had 2 daughters so far and she is currently pregnant with a 3rd baby... I hope this one is a boy!.. I wonder if there is somthing you can eat or do to increase chances of a certain gender being born
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • TDeppe1966TDeppe1966 Posts: 186 Member
    Everyone was saying that they kept having girls. I had a girl and a boy so far
  • sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    I had twin boys. I only had one bassinet, but the game gave me a bassinet for the other twin. I had to search for him though. He was in a corner of the patio.
  • Linzy16Linzy16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm only having boys... And I've been playing through generations of sims, only having sons and i'm on my 7th generation. I'm getting pretty frustrated >.<
  • loscar4bxloscar4bx Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Melzor03 said:
    > Is it possible to force a baby girl or a baby boy in the Sims 4? Or is it possible to change the sex by exiting to the main menu until you get what you want?

Once you get pregnant the game automatically makes the gender of the baby so if you go to the main menu the baby will still come out the same gender.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    As far as we know, there is no specific food, like in previous games, that forces a certain gender. Despite this, it's been found out that gender is determined at the moment of conception (WooHoo), so if you are unhappy with the result you'll need to return to a save before the WooHoo took place. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I might be getting confused.)
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    You know how did i solve this problem?
    I have only boys :( I want a girl. And again yesterday i had a boys - twins!! So, i just go to CAS with cascheat code and changed gender and names :))
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    In my previous saves I had all boys. This time I had my female Sim do the Try for Baby initiating, and ended up with a girl (first one born in game). I'm going to have the male initiate next time and see what happens. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    In my previous saves I had all boys. This time I had my female Sim do the Try for Baby initiating, and ended up with a girl (first one born in game). I'm going to have the male initiate next time and see what happens. B)

Interesting. Please post once you do, curious to see if that leads to something.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    renzilla wrote: »
    As far as we know, there is no specific food, like in previous games, that forces a certain gender. Despite this, it's been found out that gender is determined at the moment of conception (WooHoo), so if you are unhappy with the result you'll need to return to a save before the WooHoo took place. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I might be getting confused.)

Nope you got it right. I tried the exit to main menu thing, and reloading a game where the woman was just going to go into labor. That game, I wanted a girl born first, did it 12 times, every time was a boy. So I concluded the gender was decided at conception.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    I unexpectedly had twin boys. but I have had both gender.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    As is in real life it is determined at conception. It is not a big deal as I do like the surprise. I would always micromanage the pregnancies on the TS3 to be stringent to one gender or the other. Maybe in a future EP they will include a hospital and perhaps Sims could choose a specific gender and hair and eye color (thinking back to the TS3 into the future EP)
  • TiffToffTiffToff Posts: 4 New Member
    I wanted girls for my Legacy, so I tried going into buy mode and buying a pink baby cradle before my Sim gave birth. When I got the notification that she was in labor, I clicked the crib and chose "have baby". She had a girl! She had 3 girls this way. When her first born aged up and I got her pregnant, I wanted to continue with the girl Legacy, so I bought another pink crib and she had a girl as well! Then, just to test, when she got pregnant again, I bought a blue crib, and sure enough she had a boy! I haven't tested the yellow and green cribs yet. Maybe I'll get twins? Or triplets?? :-D
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Heh. Your title makes me think, "yes, I do hope your baby is a boy or a girl." ;)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Missydot7Missydot7 Posts: 5 New Member
    You can't choose whether it's a boy or a girl but after the baby grows up into a child you can change the gender by entering the "testing cheats true" and then the "cas.fulleditmode" cheats into the cheat box (by pressing ctrl+shift+c) and then click on the child while pressing down shift and then you can modify them in create a sim and change their gender from there!
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Melzor03 wrote: »
    Is it possible to force a baby girl or a baby boy in the Sims 4? Or is it possible to change the sex by exiting to the main menu until you get what you want?

I don't think it's possible, but there is a mod/cheat to change genders.

• NorbertoNorberto Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it may work with the crib idea and which sim asks for woohoo as my sims were only having girls but when the male sim asked and I had a blue crib they had a boy. Also the green cribs so far for me have given me twins each pregnancy. Testing out yellow soon....
  • em.em. Posts: 20 Member
    > @Norberto said:
    > I think it may work with the crib idea and which sim asks for woohoo as my sims were only having girls but when the male sim asked and I had a blue crib they had a boy. Also the green cribs so far for me have given me twins each pregnancy. Testing out yellow soon....

When do you put the crib out? Before woohoo, during pregnancy, during labor? Have you figured out what yellow does and if the person initiating try for baby is still determining the gender? Thank :)
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I heard that if you have you have a baby from midnight to when the sun rises, you have a girl, and during the day a boy. I never tested that, I almost don't have babies!
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    I like how it is, that way my sims are like RL, and get what they get. There are families in
    RL with all boys or girls. So it makes it very interesting, and family's with 5 boys and 1 girl, or 3 girls and 1 boy. So I like it how it is.
  • LMN01LMN01 Posts: 4 New Member
    I know I'm posting this two months after the last comment, but I was looking for information about the babies gender too. My Sim is currently pregnant and this is my first child. I'm testing out the female initiated Woohoo and a yellow crib. I'll let you know what happens the first time and then try again to see if I get the same results.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    There is the Pregnancy Mega Mod, with which you can choose the number and the gender of babies, other than that I don't think there is another way to determine the outcome of the births.
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I got a mod for that.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top