Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitch? Sim is home from work, but...

Glitch? Sim is home from work, but... the game is treating him as if he's still at work. I can't get his needs to come up. I can't follow him with right clicking his picture, just everything you can't do while they are at work is happening after he get's home. Has anyone else had this? If so, were you able to work around it?
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• JCamJCam Posts: 7 New Member
    I've been having the same problem all day yesterday, with 3 different sims. Only thing I found was quitting the job, then taking a different sim to another lot, and while in another lot, click the sim that was bugged and select "care for self". I hope this gets fixed because it makes playing the game impossible otherwise.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Thank you
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    select leave work early
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Same issue hon... "Reset" wasn't working nor did restarting my game. He eventually went completely in the red and when work rolled around again he became normal and was able to go to work and come home like nothing ever happened.

281c42h.jpg
    BrandyD83 wrote: »
    Same issue hon... "Reset" wasn't working nor did restarting my game. He eventually went completely in the red and when work rolled around again he became normal and was able to go to work and come home like nothing ever happened.

281c42h.jpg

do you remember what you were doing before? i added a new sim to the household while my sim was at work. my fix i selected to have my stuck at work leave early

• SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Before he went to work he cooked eggs ate them left wife was in the shower... No adding of a sim or anything. He came home from work at the normal time yet I could not control him at all.
    BrandyD83 wrote: »
    Before he went to work he cooked eggs ate them left wife was in the shower... No adding of a sim or anything. He came home from work at the normal time yet I could not control him at all.

That doesn't sound good. Really don't want it to be buggy, ok thanks for sharing!
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    select leave work early

Oh!!! I didn't see that! Thank you so much!!!

• chocolatbindichocolatbindi Posts: 17 Member
    I had the same problem with mortimer goth he was home but it said he was still at work. I just waited for the next day for him to go to work and he came back normal again.
  • cutegirl903cutegirl903 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've had the same problem multiple times sorry to say but if leaving work early doesn't work your gonna have to quit your job and wait for them to update this problem it's really FRUSTRATING
  • shaimarielshaimariel Posts: 1 New Member
    > @windweaver said:
    > Glitch? Sim is home from work, but... the game is treating him as if he's still at work. I can't get his needs to come up. I can't follow him with right clicking his picture, just everything you can't do while they are at work is happening after he get's home. Has anyone else had this? If so, were you able to work around it?

I'm having the same problem right now. I just went on his phone and made him quit his job. Soo, he finally became active again but it asked me a second time if I was sure I wanted to quit and I said no. He's active and still has his job now.
    Note: If he/she becomes inactive again, press leave work early and you can get free money without working ;) hope I could help a little!
    shaimariel wrote: »
    > @windweaver said:<br />
    > Glitch? Sim is home from work, but... the game is treating him as if he's still at work. I can't get his needs to come up. I can't follow him with right clicking his picture, just everything you can't do while they are at work is happening after he get's home. Has anyone else had this? If so, were you able to work around it?<br />
    <br />
    I'm having the same problem right now. I just went on his phone and made him quit his job. Soo, he finally became active again but it asked me a second time if I was sure I wanted to quit and I said no. He's active and still has his job now.<br />
    Note: If he/she becomes inactive again, press leave work early and you can get free money without working ;) hope I could help a little!

I don't know if I updated this info since this thread was written, but that sim that I wrote about continued to have the same issue each time I had him quit his job and then go back to work. So what I ended up doing was to save him, just as he was with all his skills, onto my gallery. Then I deleted the sim who had the issues and put the one I just saved back into the house. I had to make him meet all his friends again but he makes friends easily, so that really wasn't a problem. But anyway, the borked one never did get fixed, so I just remade him as I said.

• simsupermomsimsupermom Posts: 19 New Member
    I am having the same issue and I don't even have the leave work early option is there a way to fix?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Glitch? Sim is home from work, but... the game is treating him as if he's still at work. I can't get his needs to come up. I can't follow him with right clicking his picture, just everything you can't do while they are at work is happening after he get's home. Has anyone else had this? If so, were you able to work around it?

I don't have this problem but I do have a similar one. If my sim takes off work I can't get them to go with their family to community lots. They say their too busy now even though their all at home.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I don't have this problem but I do have a similar one. If my sim takes off work I can't get them to go with their family to community lots. They say their too busy now even though their all at home.

Cat this was a bug that was very common during Launch. It's been patched a long time ago and this thread was just Neccrod.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Cat this was a bug that was very common during Launch. It's been patched a long time ago and this thread was just Neccrod.

Oops I didn't notice the date. I know this was around since the base game but it was suppose to have been patched sometimes after GTW came out. The problem I mentioned though is happening to me all the time.

It's possible that this first bug the op mentioned is back due to one of the recent patches breaking that code again.

Just put the issue I'm having in the bug thread. It's been happening long before the patch and GT and on multiple pc's.
  • raaraa16raaraa16 Posts: 1 New Member
    click on where it says work normally next to the sims picture and click "leave work early", and the problem disappears :)
  • VoxaxeVoxaxe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i dont know if any one is still having this problem -- i was having it today however i discovered a little trick myself

If you have a sim home from work, but they are at home, simply click on the sim and tell them to leave work early -- this will correct them and (if they were due for a promotion, which mine was) it will still count.

Just thought i would let people know what i did to solve it. i was lucky it actually worked XD didnt think it would
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

This happened with one of my kids. They got home from school, but I couldn't access their inventory because it said that they were not here.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Voxaxe wrote: »
    Hi i dont know if any one is still having this problem -- i was having it today however i discovered a little trick myself

If you have a sim home from work, but they are at home, simply click on the sim and tell them to leave work early -- this will correct them and (if they were due for a promotion, which mine was) it will still count.

Just thought i would let people know what i did to solve it. i was lucky it actually worked XD didnt think it would

Hello @Voxaxe
    Welcome to the forums :)
    It is good that using the "leave work early" interaction helped to fix the issue in your game.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited April 2017
    I know this is an old thread but I have just had this happen to me for the first time ever. My plantsim was at work, his time to come home came and went and he was still at work so I used the leave work early option. He came home but his portrait still says he is at work and he hasn't been paid. I can tend to his needs though. I have tried relaunching and returning to main menu and neither has helped.

Edit: trying 'leave work early' the next day seemed to have fixed it.
    Post edited by simm621 on
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but I have just had this happen to me for the first time ever. My plantsim was at work, his time to come home came and went and he was still at work so I used the leave work early option. He came home but his portrait still says he is at work and he hasn't been paid. I can tend to his needs though. I have tried relaunching and returning to main menu and neither has helped.

Edit: trying 'leave work early' the next day seemed to have fixed it.

Hello
    I am glad that the issue has been fixed in your game :)