March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we turn Free will off somehow??

Can we turn Free will off somehow and if so how?
Origin ID: EsmeGraham

Comments

• haburbianhaburbian Posts: 281 Member
    In the settings, you can turn off free will.
  • ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    haburbian wrote: »
    In the settings, you can turn off free will.

I don't see it anywhere.
  • BetterAngelsBetterAngels Posts: 50 Member
    In the options you can set Autonomy, or "Free Will" to High, Low, and off completely. You can also leave it on but disable it for whatever sim you currently have selected. That's what I usually do, so my sim isn't wandering off doing random things but other sims continue to take care of themselves.
  • ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    edited September 2014
    In the options you can set Autonomy, or "Free Will" to High, Low, and off completely. You can also leave it on but disable it for whatever sim you currently have selected. That's what I usually do, so my sim isn't wandering off doing random things but other sims continue to take care of themselves.

Found It

It shows Full or Off ...........which I switched it to Off.
  • zainecooking1230zainecooking1230 Posts: 1 New Member
    this was helpfull
  • McTibbMcTibb Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes but how do you actually turn it off? Because to me I would think you would turn it off by pressing off.. but to EA this just means minimal, they still wash hands and clear plates automatically, I pay for a maid every day but they waste a good hour or more of useful time clearing plates for her/him. Then wet themselves because they didn't go toilet like I asked them an hour ago...
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,331 Member
    McTibb wrote: »
    Yes but how do you actually turn it off? Because to me I would think you would turn it off by pressing off.. but to EA this just means minimal, they still wash hands and clear plates automatically, I pay for a maid every day but they waste a good hour or more of useful time clearing plates for her/him. Then wet themselves because they didn't go toilet like I asked them an hour ago...

Unfortunately you'll need a mod for that. Try if this one still works (it does for me), with it you can decide for almost every action in the game whether sims can do them autonomously or not: http://modthesims.info/d/602837/self-configurable-autonomy-mod-scamv6.html

If not, the same function is integrated into MCCommandCenter, but that one is a complex, intrusive mod that you probably want to read up about first before deciding if it's for you.
  • McTibbMcTibb Posts: 3 New Member
    Unfortunately you'll need a mod for that. Try if this one........

Sadly I'm on the ps4, I shan't be modding so for now I'll just continue to watch this kids mother run up and down the stairs while she works out how to potty train the poor lass. It's only been 3 hours (in game of course... imagine that!)