Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect to Gallery

Comments

• Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Yup I'm having the same issue. It's working on the iPhone app but that's it. Glad it's not just me.
  • Options
    neisha30neisha30 Posts: 2 New Member
    You have to go to your in game menu...click on game options and select Online Features Access. It worked for me...maybe when you uninstalled you didn't click it. Good Luck
  • Options
    ofir1058ofir1058 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow Hi, I tried everything you said, then I entered to the game and everything worked fine. A day later it's all started again, I couldn't enter to the gallery again. I don't know what to do anymore...I even uninstall and reinstall origin and still nothing, please help!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    ofir1058 wrote: »
    @rosemow Hi, I tried everything you said, then I entered to the game and everything worked fine. A day later it's all started again, I couldn't enter to the gallery again. I don't know what to do anymore...I even uninstall and reinstall origin and still nothing, please help!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. Some simmers have found that cc/mods were causing this issue.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

There has been issues with the Gallery lately. There have been times when no simmers have been able to access the gallery. There is background work being done on the Gallery, so your issue may be related to that.
  • Options
    ofir1058ofir1058 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow thank you, I will try and see if the problem continue:)
  • Options
    ofir1058 wrote: »
    @rosemow thank you, I will try and see if the problem continue:)

Hello.
    You're welcome :) I hope that your issues are resolved. Also , shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.
  • Options
    princessbeezprincessbeez Posts: 4 New Member
    I Acutauly had this problem too i had to go through all the pain and stress for months without since i tried everything But thx to people like @rosemow& @Navada67 i have figured out it was norton family and all the stress was gone until i realized the hardest part had come convincing my parents to take it down(uninstall) Completely worked thx to @
    Navada67 wrote: »
    I read on another post that sometimes Norton or any other Anti-virus software will cause this problem. I hope this helps! I have the same problem and nothings working for me.

So thank you all
  • Options
    I Acutauly had this problem too i had to go through all the pain and stress for months without since i tried everything But thx to people like @rosemow& @Navada67 i have figured out it was norton family and all the stress was gone until i realized the hardest part had come convincing my parents to take it down(uninstall) Completely worked thx to @
    Navada67 wrote: »
    I read on another post that sometimes Norton or any other Anti-virus software will cause this problem. I hope this helps! I have the same problem and nothings working for me.

So thank you all

Hello
    It is good that your issues have been resolved :) You do need to have an anti virus /firewall program on your computer though, so if you haven't got one it would be best to either reinstall Norton and alter the settings or install the different internet security system. You could ask for help on the Norton web site.
  • Options
    AioseAiose Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been looking around the forums for possible solutions for not being able to connect to the gallery, but so far nothing suggested has worked for me. Every time I try to connect to the gallery from the game the "attempting to connect" sign just keeps spinning. I've waited as long as a few hours before I just cancel it. I got the game in March (2017) and didn't know about the gallery until just recently. I wanted to share some of my created sims to the gallery and also possibly download stuff from it.

I don't use mods/CC and I even turned off my firewall. I've tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it, as well as logging out of my account (I don't have a child account). I also did the repair function on my game but still no luck. I have all the Sims 4 packs except the new bowling one installed. I can access the gallery from the web page, but not in game.

If anyone has other suggestions I'd be grateful. If I can't fix this then I guess I can live without the gallery in game.
  • Options
    Aiose wrote: »
    I've been looking around the forums for possible solutions for not being able to connect to the gallery, but so far nothing suggested has worked for me. Every time I try to connect to the gallery from the game the "attempting to connect" sign just keeps spinning. I've waited as long as a few hours before I just cancel it. I got the game in March (2017) and didn't know about the gallery until just recently. I wanted to share some of my created sims to the gallery and also possibly download stuff from it.

I don't use mods/CC and I even turned off my firewall. I've tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it, as well as logging out of my account (I don't have a child account). I also did the repair function on my game but still no luck. I have all the Sims 4 packs except the new bowling one installed. I can access the gallery from the web page, but not in game.

If anyone has other suggestions I'd be grateful. If I can't fix this then I guess I can live without the gallery in game.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Try going to game options in-game and check to see that the online access box is ticked.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try going to game options in-game and check to see that the online access box is ticked.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

So I checked to make sure I had "online access" checked off, which I did. I tried your second suggestion after but the gallery still only displays the "attempting to connect" message with the wheel continuously spinning.
  • Options

Hello

So I checked to make sure I had "online access" checked off, which I did. I tried your second suggestion after but the gallery still only displays the "attempting to connect" message with the wheel continuously spinning.

Hello
    Try disabling your antivirus /internet security program, and see if the issues remain. Some simmers have found these have caused issues, and they needed to change the settings on their security program to access the Gallery.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that did not work either. I just thought of this but could my wifi be a reason? Right now I'm using my college's wifi, but it has never given me problems with games that require online access before.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that did not work either. I just thought of this but could my wifi be a reason? Right now I'm using my college's wifi, but it has never given me problems with games that require online access before.

The wifi can cause issues. Try accessing the gallery in another wifi location and see if the issues remain. The college may also have a system set up that blocks some sites.
  • Options

The wifi can cause issues. Try accessing the gallery in another wifi location and see if the issues remain. The college may also have a system set up that blocks some sites.

I'll try my wifi at home when I go back next week. If that doesn't work, I'll be posting again. Thanks for all your help :smile:
  • Options

I'll try my wifi at home when I go back next week. If that doesn't work, I'll be posting again. Thanks for all your help :smile:

You're welcome :) I hope that it works when you are back home next week.
  • Options

I was able to connect to the gallery from my home wifi, so I assume my inability to connect before was because of my college wifi. Hopefully this can be helpful to those using college wifi and find themselves unable to connect.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I was able to connect to the gallery from my home wifi, so I assume my inability to connect before was because of my college wifi. Hopefully this can be helpful to those using college wifi and find themselves unable to connect.

Hello
    It was good that you were able to connect from your home wifi. Thankyou for posting the update on your issues :)
  • Options
    Shanzy1Shanzy1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Ive been having this issue for a few days now. Ive tried everything in this thread. My internet connection works fine. Origin is online and logged in. No cc no mods no saves just a completely vanilla game. It works fine in a web browser but unable to connect through the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Shanzy1 wrote: »
    Ive been having this issue for a few days now. Ive tried everything in this thread. My internet connection works fine. Origin is online and logged in. No cc no mods no saves just a completely vanilla game. It works fine in a web browser but unable to connect through the game.

Hello @Shanzy1
    I am sorry you are having this issue.

Try shutting down your computer again completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try unistalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-15767691"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15767680"]Ive been having this issue for a few days now. Ive tried everything in this thread. My internet connection works fine. Origin is online and logged in. No cc no mods no saves just a completely vanilla game. It works fine in a web browser but unable to connect through the game.[/quote]

Hello @Shanzy1

Try shutting down your computer again completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

[/quote]

Done all that no change.
  • Options

Hello @Shanzy1

Done all that no change.

Hello
    Check to make sure that you have on line access ticked in game options.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-15776667"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15776612"][quote="rosemow;c-15767691"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15767680"]Ive been having this issue for a few days now. Ive tried everything in this thread. My internet connection works fine. Origin is online and logged in. No cc no mods no saves just a completely vanilla game. It works fine in a web browser but unable to connect through the game.[/quote]

Hello @Shanzy1

[/quote]

Done all that no change.[/quote]

Hello
    Check to make sure that you have on line access ticked in game options.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.[/quote]

I removed my folder and tried to get into the gallery and it still wouldnt work.
  • Options
    Alll online options are ticked in the game settings