Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saved game gone?! :(

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    This happened to me the first time I played this game. I had a family that I had in two houses. I'm a collector and had gotten so many of them and was devastated to see my saves had disappeared. At the next update, I tried again and had to make a new family, but when I went to the save folder, my old saves were there. So I deleted the new guy and continued playing.
    I recently bought Get to Work so I wanted a new family in Newcrest. I had a new collector (woman) and had gotten all the prints and almost everything else done. I had two other houses for her daughters and their husbands.

I tried to save just the other day and the game completely shut down. I tried to reopen it, but it said I had old saves on a new updated game. They were all gone again. I checked for an update, but it says my game is up to date. I tried restarting again to see if my saves would work, but when I made a new family, I couldn't save their progress because there was an error. I don't know what happened to my game, but I hope my experience helps you.

Hello @Havejustice. This link refers to the error messages that you received. Do what is suggested there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Saved-with-newer-version-Save-Error-0-Can-t-Build-Walls/td-p/4205460
  • Options
    Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    This an old thread, I realise this, but this has just happened to me. EA have no idea how frustrated I am right now. *sigh*
  • Options
    Katrina4 wrote: »
    This an old thread, I realise this, but this has just happened to me. EA have no idea how frustrated I am right now. *sigh*

Hello @Katrina4.

Come completely out of the game. Shut down your computer. Start the computer, launch the game and then see if your save game files have returned.

If the problem is still there, doing the following has helped another simmer with a similar problem. Start a new game. Create a new sim and place them in the game and play for a short time. Then save the game. Exit the game. Then go back and look at the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, and see if the other games have returned.

The autosave may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file and could be causing issues. Then launch the game. Go to the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, load one of your game files, play the game and see if it is working okay.

If the issue is still there, and the save game files are in the saves folder, use these links to roll back your save game files to an earlier version.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

• Options
    Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately I couldnt recover my game ( I couldnt find it in my saved files, which I thought was weird ). So it looks like I have to start all over again.........
  • Options
    Katrina4 wrote: »
    Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately I couldnt recover my game ( I couldnt find it in my saved files, which I thought was weird ). So it looks like I have to start all over again.........

I am sorry that you were unable to find and recover your save file. It would be one of the files in the saves folder and in the loading screen box with the latest/most recent date. It is not showing up in the list of save game files when you press the load button in the main screen area in the game?
    I am sorry that you have to start again. If you have any earlier back up copies of the game, you could use them and then try to catch up on the progress.
  • Options
    HoodCPHoodCP Posts: 1 New Member
    My daughter had this problem with the game also. We tried the various suggestions, but none worked. She was resigned to using the new game she'd created as part of one of the steps to try. I then went to Explorer to show her how to copy the save game files to another folder so she'd have a backup. In trying to find a good place to keep the backup, we came across another EA Games folder. In it was not only another Sims 4 folder, but also her original saved games. We copied these across to the other save game folder and opened the program and they appeared in the games available to load. No idea why there are (at least) two EA Sports folders on her PC, but I'm guessing we may not be the only ones this happens to, so wanted to post the experience here with the suggestion that others try hunting around the hard disk for other folders which may exist.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    HoodCP wrote: »
    My daughter had this problem with the game also. We tried the various suggestions, but none worked. She was resigned to using the new game she'd created as part of one of the steps to try. I then went to Explorer to show her how to copy the save game files to another folder so she'd have a backup. In trying to find a good place to keep the backup, we came across another EA Games folder. In it was not only another Sims 4 folder, but also her original saved games. We copied these across to the other save game folder and opened the program and they appeared in the games available to load. No idea why there are (at least) two EA Sports folders on her PC, but I'm guessing we may not be the only ones this happens to, so wanted to post the experience here with the suggestion that others try hunting around the hard disk for other folders which may exist.

Hello @hoodCP
    It is great that your daughter was able to find her lost save game file :)

Also, welcome to the forums! Just a little information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    eterhniteeterhnite Posts: 26 Member
    I haven't played Sims in a while and I decided I'd open up Sims 4 again to start a new game. As I was going to make a new sim, I noticed that the "Load Game" and "New Game" buttons were missing from underneath the big play button. Not only that, but Sims 4 was acting as if I had JUST purchased and downloaded it by popping up tutorial messages. I've had this game for several months now. I tried looking through the Sims 4 Gallery and couldn't find any of my sims or houses that I've spent a lot of time on. I also noticed that none of my custom content is loading (I know EA doesn't support custom content, but I noticed that those were missing along with everything else). Sims 4 gives me so many issues all of the time that only anger me, and I'm extremely loyal to Sims 3, so I decided to just switch over to that and play that instead. But I also found on there that all of my custom content and saves were GONE!!! I've tried turning my computer off and on again and reopening Origin and Sims already. I've tried switching save files in and out a million times. I am absolutely distraught and I have no idea what else to do. I'm considering never touching Sims again because I'm that frustrated and sad over this... EVERYTHING is GONE! :'(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I haven't played Sims in a while and I decided I'd open up Sims 4 again to start a new game. As I was going to make a new sim, I noticed that the "Load Game" and "New Game" buttons were missing from underneath the big play button. Not only that, but Sims 4 was acting as if I had JUST purchased and downloaded it by popping up tutorial messages. I've had this game for several months now. I tried looking through the Sims 4 Gallery and couldn't find any of my sims or houses that I've spent a lot of time on. I also noticed that none of my custom content is loading (I know EA doesn't support custom content, but I noticed that those were missing along with everything else). Sims 4 gives me so many issues all of the time that only anger me, and I'm extremely loyal to Sims 3, so I decided to just switch over to that and play that instead. But I also found on there that all of my custom content and saves were GONE!!! I've tried turning my computer off and on again and reopening Origin and Sims already. I've tried switching save files in and out a million times. I am absolutely distraught and I have no idea what else to do. I'm considering never touching Sims again because I'm that frustrated and sad over this... EVERYTHING is GONE! :'(

@xpastelprincessx See the advice here, including the newer part: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Hello @xpastelprincessx
    Do you use One Drive? This has been causing issues with simmers. It would be best to unsync if you are using One Drive,
    This article may assist you with what has occurred in your games
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
  • Options
    RayIsABeanRayIsABean Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay, so I got an external hard drive, and I want to transfer TS4 over to it. Problem is, I tested it out on The Sims Medieval and it didn't recover my saves after following a tutorial, moving the documents folder over and reinstalling. I also made a backuo folder for TS4, but now I can't load any saves on the game as it treats it like a new game. Any help with recovering TS4? It's still on my C: drive. I'm pretty panicked and want to recover my saves without screwing anything else up. Help? I might have messed up, as I moved every file in the saves folder to the backup as I'm tired af. I want my saves. Help?
    Modify message
  • Options
    RayIsABean wrote: »
    Okay, so I got an external hard drive, and I want to transfer TS4 over to it. Problem is, I tested it out on The Sims Medieval and it didn't recover my saves after following a tutorial, moving the documents folder over and reinstalling. I also made a backuo folder for TS4, but now I can't load any saves on the game as it treats it like a new game. Any help with recovering TS4? It's still on my C: drive. I'm pretty panicked and want to recover my saves without screwing anything else up. Help? I might have messed up, as I moved every file in the saves folder to the backup as I'm tired plum. I want my saves. Help?
    Modify message

Hello
    Are your Sims 4 saves files still in your Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder? If they aren't, move the current saves folder to your desktop and " copy" the saves folder from your backup into the sims 4 folder. Then launch the game and see if you can load your save games when you press the load button
  • Options
    PhepniPhepni Posts: 2 New Member
    Just lost my save as well.. Used the guides to try and get them back but only got a save from yesterday and why is it you can only restore one file at a time? In the end I just got so mad I quit the game. In my opinion this shouldn't even be happening.

And just in case someone who can do something about it or relay this message is reading this post:

It's 2017 people! Please fix this bug that has been in your game from launch! A 2 year old bug that destroys people's joy with playing your game! I've followed you since the beginning with "The Sims". All the greatness in Sims 2 and awesome visual upgrades in number 3. So to let this petty save game bug do so much damage is just plain crazy! Cloud or no cloud, many saves after saves. It should just work! I hate sitting on needles wondering if my save game will be there next time I fire up the game. Stop making expansions for a sec and fix the basics.. This is one of the greatest game ideas ever. A live action dollhouse for the whole family. It's great. Just not when we keep losing our saves. This thread started in 2014 where it should have ended.

Thank you.
  • Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    i have no idea.
  • Options
    Phepni wrote: »
    Just lost my save as well.. Used the guides to try and get them back but only got a save from yesterday and why is it you can only restore one file at a time? In the end I just got so mad I quit the game. In my opinion this shouldn't even be happening.

And just in case someone who can do something about it or relay this message is reading this post:

It's 2017 people! Please fix this bug that has been in your game from launch! A 2 year old bug that destroys people's joy with playing your game! I've followed you since the beginning with "The Sims". All the greatness in Sims 2 and awesome visual upgrades in number 3. So to let this petty save game bug do so much damage is just plain crazy! Cloud or no cloud, many saves after saves. It should just work! I hate sitting on needles wondering if my save game will be there next time I fire up the game. Stop making expansions for a sec and fix the basics.. This is one of the greatest game ideas ever. A live action dollhouse for the whole family. It's great. Just not when we keep losing our saves. This thread started in 2014 where it should have ended.

Thank you.

Hello
    I am sorry that you lost your save. Did the game perhaps overwrite onto another save game file? Some simmers have been posting that this has been occurring in their game, when using the save as option.
  • Options
    PhepniPhepni Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15904738"][quote="Phepni;c-15904651"]Just lost my save as well.. Used the guides to try and get them back but only got a save from yesterday and why is it you can only restore one file at a time? In the end I just got so mad I quit the game. In my opinion this shouldn't even be happening.

Thank you.[/quote]

Hello
    I am sorry that you lost your save. Did the game perhaps overwrite onto another save game file? Some simmers have been posting that this has been occurring in their game, when using the save as option.[/quote]

I did use the "Save as" option a couple of times. After it restored one of the files I was unable to access the rest for restoring. It might have been there but I can't know for sure since I decided to wipe them out and start over. Thanks for the info though :-)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you.

Hello
    I am sorry that you lost your save. Did the game perhaps overwrite onto another save game file? Some simmers have been posting that this has been occurring in their game, when using the save as option.

I did use the "Save as" option a couple of times. After it restored one of the files I was unable to access the rest for restoring. It might have been there but I can't know for sure since I decided to wipe them out and start over. Thanks for the info though :-)

You're welcome . I am sorry that you had this issue,