Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saved game gone?! :(

Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
edited September 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
So today I decided that I wanted to create a wife for my male sim. I wasn't sure exactly how to get back into CAS without going to the main menu and clicking play again, so I did. After I created her, I noticed that it was a new game that I had started. So I figured I would just put her in my old game but it wasn't there! I don't know what happened? I never deleted the save game but now it's gone?

What did I do wrong so I don't do it again in the future? And is there an easier way to get back into CAS to make a new sim for my town?
Thanks
Post edited by Sim1P3 on

Comments

• Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
    And is there any possible way I could get my game back? :(
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    When you're on the main menu, on the top right corner there is an icon (that looks like a floppy disk) to "Load Game". Maybe you can find your game there or at least the one that autosaved. Hope this helps!
  • Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    I don'y have the game yet so I don't know if this is correct but, I do know the game auto saves so maybe if you look through the game files and folders you'll find a backup save.
    edited September 2014
    > @renzilla said:
    > When you're on the main menu, on the top right corner there is an icon (that looks like a floppy disk) to "Load Game". Maybe you can find your game there or at least the one that autosaved. Hope this helps!

Thanks for replying! I went up to "Load Game" and the only game that was there, was the game that I created the wife in. My old game just disappeared. The game was definitely saved at one point too because I've played it since yesterday. I might have to start over with him again :(
    > @Smidgieroo3 said:
    > I don'y have the game yet so I don't know if this is correct but, I do know the game auto saves so maybe if you look through the game files and folders you'll find a backup save.

I couldn't find the saved game inside the Sims 4 under "Load Games".. Would my saved game be somewhere in my files still? I don't know where too look.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    @Sim1P3 I'm so sorry about that. Hope you can get everything back up and running again.
  • Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    I don't have the game yet so I don't know for sure but maybe there is a folder in the game folders in my documents. I wish I could help more but I can't look .
    @Renzilla @Smidgieroo3 Thanks guys
    Okay soo.. I do see multiple saved games in my files, however I just restarted the game and now the "Load Games" button is not there anymore and it's forcing me to create a new game by starting in CAS. What is going on?! I'm so confused why this keeps happening.

My old saved games ARE in my files.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sim1P3 wrote: »
    Okay soo.. I do see multiple saved games in my files, however I just restarted the game and now the "Load Games" button is not there anymore and it's forcing me to create a new game by starting in CAS. What is going on?! I'm so confused why this keeps happening. <br />
    <br />
    My old saved games ARE in my files.

Maybe put your question in the tech issues area, you can actually go to edit your first post and then there is a drop down menu where you can change the area it is in. I hope that made sense.
    > @catmando830 said:
    > Sim1P3 wrote: »
    >
    > Okay soo.. I do see multiple saved games in my files, however I just restarted the game and now the "Load Games" button is not there anymore and it's forcing me to create a new game by starting in CAS. What is going on?! I'm so confused why this keeps happening.

>

> My old saved games ARE in my files.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe put your question in the tech issues area, you can actually go to edit your first post and then there is a drop down menu where you can change the area it is in. I hope that made sense.

Thank you. Just did that
  • TheEpostleTheEpostle Posts: 17 New Member
    I made a post about this earlier. You have to delete your cache. However, do note that you can only have 1 save, and if you make another family, it will most likely delete everything you worked for.
    > @TheEpostle said:
    > I made a post about this earlier. You have to delete your cache. However, do note that you can only have 1 save, and if you make another family, it will most likely delete everything you worked for.

Do I delete under my Documents/Sims4 the folder that says "cache"? There is also a folder called "cachestr", do I delete that too? Also.. when I open the folder "saves" it has Slot_0000001.save.ver0. Slot_0000002.save.ver1. Slot_0000003.save.ver2, etc etc. All of those have the time 7:00PM which would be my old save game that I want back.. Do I just delete those the cache and those will come back?

Also.. I can only have 1 save game? I thought we could have multiple games?
    Just the items in the cache folder. The items that end in .cache, not the item with a cog on the graphic.

And you are supposed to save multiple games, but the problem is the developers screwed up upon launch and now we must do these rediculous things in order to play that game, which is stupid btw. I'm hoping a tech will answer us about this because this is just about as bad as not being able to play the game. I mean, without saving, you may as well be doing something more productive.
    > @TheEpostle said:
    > Just the items in the cache folder. The items that end in .cache, not the item with a cog on the graphic.
    >
    > And you are supposed to save multiple games, but the problem is the developers screwed up upon launch and now we must do these rediculous things in order to play that game, which is stupid btw. I'm hoping a tech will answer us about this because this is just about as bad as not being able to play the game. I mean, without saving, you may as well be doing something more productive.

Yea I agree.. If I'm gonna keep running into this problem, it doesn't really make me wanna play. I wanna be able to play my saved games and I just lost one... Soo :/
    I've lost every save game so far so trust me, I know the feels.
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    You can't have multiple saves? What exactly does that mean? You can only save once or you can only have one saved game file that you access each time you go in game?
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • DimitriTechDimitriTech Posts: 12 New Member
    This is happening to me! My saves weren't showing up and now recently since I tried starting the game back up the files are gone too! It seems like everytime I load a different save the rest of my saves disappear!
    I'm just hoping a tech would at least respond saying that their looking into it because this is an issue that a lot of people have (not just us but also some streamers.)
    Bump*
  • RyuoshRyuosh Posts: 26 Member
    My save game is gone too, and I had just maxed out 2 skills and found a cute Sim girl for my Sim. The only save that seems to be staying is the first one I made after creating him. I also made sure I was logged in to Origin before I saved, and double checked it before I went to bed last night. This afternoon, nada. I'd really rather not have to start over again for it just to disappear again.
    Please have a fix for this soon. I don't want to start a new game, just to lose that too.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Can one of the Sim Guhru's Please find out why this is happening.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    I just made a post about the same issue. It's almost like my old save is overwriting my new save. It's so frustrating. I can't imagine starting over only to lose the progress of that game too.
  • ZombieF1ZombieF1 Posts: 8 New Member
    So what's the best way to avoid this issue for now? Just stick to a single autosave slot and avoid making any manual saves?