Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect Online in Game

13...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    can someone help me i cant go online

Hello @unicornfabulous.
    Click the origin label at the top of the screen in Origin and check to make sure that you are not ticked as being " offline" .

Shut down your computer completely, then start the computer again and see if that helps.

The server may be having problems today. Perhaps try again a little later.

If you continue to have problems, this link may help.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

If the problem continues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

• lujain1996mlujain1996m Posts: 1 New Member
    when I press on " connect ", it does not connect, what is the solution plz?
    when I press on " connect ", it does not connect, what is the solution plz?

Hello @lujain1996m
    Go to game options in-game, and check that the " online access " button is ticked. Then try to access the gallery.

If the issue remains., try coming completely out of the game then go back in again and see if you can access the gallery then.

If you continue to have problems, this link may help.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/connection-issues-with-origin/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    I think there might be an update or something? same issue x
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • iTamcakesiTamcakes Posts: 57 Member

@SimmerOfEngland Same here. Loading times have been very long for me today and now I can't access the gallery at all anymore.
    Es7pflm.png
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    iTamcakes wrote: »

@SimmerOfEngland Same here. Loading times have been very long for me today and now I can't access the gallery at all anymore.

Just went back online for me! At last! hope same goes for you x
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
    edited April 2017
    iTamcakes wrote: »

Just went back online for me! At last! hope same goes for you x

I am glad that you can now accesss the gallery online :)
  • Epic90sKidEpic90sKid Posts: 2 New Member

Afternoon, all! I'm new here and I have been trying for literally months to get Sims 4 at a price I can afford without risking getting a useless code (ruling out used options). I have an opportunity to get the base game as well as just about every expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack for $40, and I'm willing to spend the extra few dollars to get it all at once. However ..... I found this in the item description and I need some help determining if this is really a good deal or not.
    Broadband Internet recommended for download

Online use is NOT available with this version The key code is for offline game only. Please do not purchase if you want to use the game online.

Complete single-player campaign mode guaranteed to work as long as your computer meets all system requirements.

I don't really understand how this is a lesser version of the game because I thought you only needed to be online to download it initially and visit the gallery. If I go with this buying option, will I be missing part of the Sims 4 experience? HALP! :/
    Epic90sKid wrote: »

Afternoon, all! I'm new here and I have been trying for literally months to get Sims 4 at a price I can afford without risking getting a useless code (ruling out used options). I have an opportunity to get the base game as well as just about every expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack for $40, and I'm willing to spend the extra few dollars to get it all at once. However ..... I found this in the item description and I need some help determining if this is really a good deal or not.

Online use is NOT available with this version The key code is for offline game only. Please do not purchase if you want to use the game online.

Complete single-player campaign mode guaranteed to work as long as your computer meets all system requirements.

I don't really understand how this is a lesser version of the game because I thought you only needed to be online to download it initially and visit the gallery. If I go with this buying option, will I be missing part of the Sims 4 experience? HALP! :/

Hello
    It sounds like an illegal download. I would suggest that you avoid it.
    It would be best to wait until Origin or another Games store has a sale and purchase the game and packs them.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It sounds like an illegal download. I would suggest that you avoid it.
    It would be best to wait until Origin or another Games store has a sale and purchase the game and packs them.

It would be wise to take Rosemow's word about this sounding illegal, as there is no Sims 4 offline game, yes, you can play the game offline but all updates/patches you do from your Origin acct. which is online.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Epic90sKidEpic90sKid Posts: 2 New Member
    *crestfallen sigh* Okay. Thanks guys. :(
    *crestfallen sigh* Okay. Thanks guys. :(

Origin often has sales, where they reduce the Sims 4 game and packs by quite a lot. There will be another sale soon.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

The first red flag would be getting around $200 worth of product for 40 bucks. I understand you want a sale, but the "it's too good to be true" is around for a reason. That $200 is a easy estimate, I'm sure every SP, GP, EP, plus Deluxe Base is likely more. I won't bother with the leg work.

Second red flag is they are telling you that the online is not available with that version of the game. Means it's not a legit copy cause the online features is included in the legit game. Heck, it's even required for 1st authentication and any future updates/patches. Plus, that means no telling what patch it is updated to and you'd likely not get any future patches.
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    I'm unable to connect online while in game too.
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    I'm unable to connect online while in game too.

Hello @Lindsmd113
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, log into Origin and see if the issue remains .

Check in game options that the online access box is ticked.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin . Then test to see if the issue is still there.

• Lkrause74Lkrause74 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Rav567 said:
    > It's a problem with the gallery. Too many people on at once.

Im having the same problem but I dont want to load the gallery. I just want to buy an expansion pack though my game on Origin but it says it cant connect even though Origin says Im online. Help!! It also says I need to change to 32 bit (the game is on 64 bit which Im told is recommended)...my new laptop is Windows 10 as was my previous laptop. Whats the problem here??
  • Lkrause74Lkrause74 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @MsPrissy88 said:
    > I HAVE NEWS!!!! :D
    >
    >
    > IF you can't get into the gallery - DON'T PANIC!!! This is NOT a bug!! Whether you are in the "loading screens" (where you see all the different sims doing stuff), or you're already in your game --- OPEN YOUR OPTIONS MENU!! Yes - the three little dots. From there, you want to click on Game Options, and then Other.
    >
    > WHEN you are in the Other menu, **check to see if your Online Access is checked!!! If it is not -- then you're basically offline and you WON'T get into the gallery!!!
    >
    >
    > The girl who I was *just* talking to -- sim name "Sasha" -- was just as baffled as me because this is a new development. She had me on hold while she was running around trying to find an answer for me, and I just happened to stumble on it. Go Figure!! :D
    >
    >
    > So!! IN CASE you ever happen to have this "problem" again, just remember -- Open your options menu, go to game options, and then other. And then check to make sure you DO have online access!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > @Cale -- TRY THIS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!

Hey...I just checked and my online access IS checked however when I click an expansion pack icon within the game before clicking the play button to try to buy an expansion game it says "cant connect". 🐸🐸🐸🐸?? Anyone have any ideas? Could it be related to this window that pops up telling me I need to switch from the normally recommended 64 bit to 32 bit and if so, how do I do that? Im not very tech savvy. Thanks!!
    edited January 2018
    Lkrause74 wrote: »
    > @Rav567 said:
    > It's a problem with the gallery. Too many people on at once.

Im having the same problem but I dont want to load the gallery. I just want to buy an expansion pack though my game on Origin but it says it cant connect even though Origin says Im online. Help!! It also says I need to change to 32 bit (the game is on 64 bit which Im told is recommended)...my new laptop is Windows 10 as was my previous laptop. Whats the problem here??

Hello @Lkrause74
    With the issue with you receiving the message about needing to change to 32 bit mode, try making sure that the language version of Origin matches the game language, If it doesn’t, this could be causing this issue.
    If the issue remain, try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and see if that helps.

Try also turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

It may be best to go to the Origin website and try to buy the expansion pack that way.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • amazingemilyamazingemily Posts: 9 New Member
    so i'm not the only one
    so i'm not the only one

Hello @amazingemily
    Try coming completely out of the game. Shut down your computer. Restart the computer. Load the game and see if the issue remains

Check that your anti virus or firewall programs are not causing the issues.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    edited April 2018
    deleted
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg