Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect Online in Game

I am logged into Origin and have the game loaded but it says I'm offline. When I click to go online it says it can't connect - any help?

Comments

• Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    It's a problem with the gallery. Too many people on at once.
  • DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    This is happening to me too. I'm online in the Origin app, and also logged in on the website.... but when I try to connect in-game it freezes for a second, and then says it cannot connect. Anybody know how to fix this?
  • Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    @DaphneLuna,

you have to put origin in offline mode. you can still play, just not able to access the gallery at the moment.
  • kec811kec811 Posts: 296 Member
    So it's an EA gallery problem and not actually something wrong with my PC... well, I feel a bit better. Thanks for your answers!
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    same here gallery connect problems
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    So *that's why* I can't see the gallery right now! Here I thought it was something *I* did. I know you wouldn't be able to see the gallery if you played offline. Huh .... This is something EA should have thought of when they MADE US have to be logged in.

*especially on a release day*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Steve8888SimSteve8888Sim Posts: 109 Member
    They (EA) never learn. Remember Simcity 2013?
    No - I'm sorry, I honestly never heard of that game.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Figured I'd give it one more try before signing off for the night, to no avail. I honestly don't know what else to try. I have a strong internet connection, my firewall is disabled, and my origin says "online." I have a hard time believing that it's just gallery overload, when I've been consistently trying for hours. All I can figure is that it maybe has something to do with the fact that I'm running the game on bootcamp? No idea. The game runs fine otherwise, so I'm at a loss.
    Put Origin in offline mode. It was freezing an crashing a lot for me but offline mode seems to fix it. I guess The Sims 4's online stuff is bugged. Hopefully EA/Maxis gets it sorted soon.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I suffer micro stutters whenever I am online ... but as soon as I put Origin in offline mode and enter the game, the game is far more enjoyable with almost zero stuttering.

I cannot figure out why this happens on my machine.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
    Apparently the game needs stability tweak. Mostly online stuff.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    OH FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME. Mine just crashes when I click Go Online it didnt do it in the CAS Demo I just tried it it must be an patch issue i hope it fixed soon
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • PlayerLiberty1PlayerLiberty1 Posts: 45 Member
    my game also crashed with the cas demo.i had to give up trying to access the gallery.i can only access my library. i hoped in getting the actual game would make a difference but to no avail.same issues. i was only able to access the gallery twice since having the game.this stinks i hope the problem is fixed soon. i have tried everything since the demo was released and almost killed my computer trying different things to get it to run.
    it randomly now decided to connect
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    I STILL can't play the game while online. I can't download any sims or lots, and I'm building something right now that I'd like to share as well when it's done. The only thing that I've downloaded since installing the game is one of ruthless_kk's lots so I don't think the problem is cc I've accidentally downloaded.

Do we know if they're working on this? Or is it so few of us that it isn't an issue?
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    I'm assuming that the Gallery is still down?! This is SOOO unbelievable!! You waste however much money on a game that should have ALL been tested (every little component) BEFORE you ever decide to release it to the general public. *shaking my head in disgust*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the Gallery is still down?! This is SOOO unbelievable!! You waste however much money on a game that should have ALL been tested (every little component) BEFORE you ever decide to release it to the general public. *shaking my head in disgust*

The Gallery appears to have went back up, for me at least about 3 hours ago
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
    edited September 2014
    cale2003 wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

The Gallery appears to have went back up, for me at least about 3 hours ago

Thanks Cale. I will fire up my game and hope that I can still get in. Or rather, *be able * to get in. :)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2014
    I HAVE NEWS!!!! :D

IF you can't get into the gallery - DON'T PANIC!!! This is NOT a bug!! Whether you are in the "loading screens" (where you see all the different sims doing stuff), or you're already in your game --- OPEN YOUR OPTIONS MENU!! Yes - the three little dots. From there, you want to click on Game Options, and then Other.

WHEN you are in the Other menu, **check to see if your Online Access is checked!!! If it is not -- then you're basically offline and you WON'T get into the gallery!!!

The girl who I was *just* talking to -- sim name "Sasha" -- was just as baffled as me because this is a new development. She had me on hold while she was running around trying to find an answer for me, and I just happened to stumble on it. Go Figure!! :D

So!! IN CASE you ever happen to have this "problem" again, just remember -- Open your options menu, go to game options, and then other. And then check to make sure you DO have online access!!!

@Cale -- TRY THIS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Too funny! However my issue still persists even though "online access" is selected. Grr.
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    Too funny! However my issue still persists even though "online access" is selected. Grr.

Oh no!! I wish I could help you. Like I said, I only stumbled upon my solution.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • kec811kec811 Posts: 296 Member
    I'm still not able to connect online - day 2 of this issue - If I put origin in offline mode will it mean I'll have a better chance of connecting or does that disable the online features in game altogether. Hoping to get this resolved soon so I can enjoy everyone's creations!
    @kec811 Same - I'm on day two as well. So frustrating - I've tried everything! Ironically the gallery was one of the features I was looking forward to most, and it makes no sense that I can't use it at all.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    my online feature was checked. when I open the gallery I get a lot of frozen blocks not downloading. It might take them a week or longer to get a proper patch together.