Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

midnight hollow

I have wanted midnight hollow for a long time and was wondering is it worth paying full price? I just want the standard version but it will be most of my sim points or should I wait to see if I can get it in the make me an offer. I got aurora skies that way.

Comments

• cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    I did pay full price for MH for the items it included, not the town. I don't think I would do it again, because I haven't really used the items that much. If you can get it at a reduced price, that would be the way I would go. If you like goth or Supernatural, you might really like it. It is a very dark town & my older eyes don't adjust well with such a dim picture.
  • inkluv17inkluv17 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks for the input. I mainly want the items too.
  • hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    I love Midnight Hollow! I love the items! Probably my favorite store purchase! Well, Dragon Valley, too. But that's me. :)
  • hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    One cool thing in particular about Midnight Hollow, is the Savvy Seller rugs and pedestals.......you can use them to sell things from any lot you own, and that's a really easy way to make extra money without really having to do anything. It can be kinda cheaty, but you have control over how much you make from it. I use them in my resorts, and consider it a gift shop. :)
    That's a great idea. I think might get it. It's the world I am most interested in that I don't have. I got the points from vids so it's not like I'm spending my money and I'm tired of waiting.
  • Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I have issues with the Savvy Sellers collection- it doesn't compare to what The Sims 2 offered. It is a nicely designed town and great for if you like playing a spooky world or possibly a Supernatural world. If you like Moonlight Falls from Supernatural then you will love this world. It also has some of the best pre-made families in my opinion- more interesting than most other towns. I personally don't pay full price for most store things but if you want it it is a fun town :) Try looking at a guide for the Savvy Seller's collection (Carl's Sims 3 Guide or Sims wiki are my suggestions) so that you can find out how to use it first time round! :P
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I paid full price. Visually it is one of my favorite worlds, I love the desaturated look, the darkness, etc. However, I have difficulty playing it for a long time. Everything is dark and more or less the same color so things blend in, making it difficult for me to find things. 8C Don't get me wrong, it's still one of my favorite Worlds, I'm just a little hard of seeing :(
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's my favorite world, bar none. Some people have reported lighting problems, but they're not present on all systems; I've never had a problem with the lighting, even at night.

The Savvy Seller items were, in my opinion, not well designed as a feature for your sims to use. They're definitely not a replacement for OFB, but they are a great build tool for designing NPC-run stores, for example, to make a town center similar to those in WA, where your sims can visit shops that aren't rabbit holes and interact with other shoppers or to upgrade existing lots to give them more sales options. I have a few examples in my showcase thread (linked in my sig) if you want to get some ideas of what you can do with them. There's a comic book shop for Midnight Hollow that uses the comic book register and the Savvy Seller items to let your sims buy both comics and collectibles in the same shop, and another store lot that sells Gothic home furnishings (also available as a shell if you'd rather use it to sell something else). The savvy seller tools are almost the opposite of the bakery store items, in that they are perfect for designing a store that will run by itself, completely hands-off, but for that reason, they're not really good for designing a shop that you will run, and you can't use them to sell anything that you can't find in the build/buy menus.

Aside from the premium items, the premade sims are really well done.
  • Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I agree with your summing up of the Savvy Seller's collection completely and thus your idea of the depends entirely on what you want and expect from the collection and provided you know that going in then I don't think that you will be disappointed. And the premade Sims are really well done and it is a nice looking town. Not my favourite to use but is in my top couple for design (if that makes sense, I think that it is a great town I just don't often use it in my normal game play. I hope that makes sense...) :P
    I really appreciate all of the feedback. I think I have a better understanding of how the savvy seller's collection works.
  • amakeuploveramakeuplover Posts: 84 Member
    I'm not a fan of the Midnight Hollow world as such but I quite like the premium content items. The Savvy Seller Collection could of been better but it is still good and it is fun to watch Sims purchase items rather than have them go into a rabbit hole. If you can get it I really like the toy making machine, the baby mat has become one of my favourites to use when I'm raising families (although I do wish it gave your babies a moodlet) and I love the remote control toys.

Also I really love the clothing.
    I have the toy making machine already and I like it. I agree that the baby mat comes in handy. Does Midnight hollow have space to add lots?
  • JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    There is a list of the lots - occupied, unoccupied and empty - here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight_Hollow
    There's also a lot of information and trivia about the world that might help you decide. Personally, I love Midnight Hollow and it's by far my favorite Sims world. I play it with a lighting mod by BrntWaffles called "Fresh Day" so I don't have any problems with being able to see everything. BrntWaffles also has a lighting mod made especially for Midnight Hollow called "Midnight Dream."
  • Tadster91Tadster91 Posts: 66 Member
    When Midnight Hollow was announced I thought I was going to pass over it because it didn't seem like my kind of world. But I gave it a chance and it is my second favorite world overall and my preferred one to play Supernatural. MH is the only EA world next to Lucky Palms that I spend most of my time just playing and not building or redesigning. The premades are really well made and have interesting stories and personalities to play with or throw your own sims into the mix. The lighting varies from player to player or even from save to save. My first couple of saves there, it was really dark, but now my most recent save gets pretty bright in the day (like a nice but overcast winter day). The build buy objects in doors are very dark, but brightening the colors a little using the color wheel in CASt makes a HUGE difference in your ability to see indoors.
    I finally got MH. I haven't played much because I've been busy but so far I like it. I Haven't had any problems with lighting so far. I think this is going to be one of my favorite worlds. Thanks for all of your insight.
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    Its definitely not worth paying full price for. Its the driest world I've come across and was super buggy that my game was freezing up just hours of playing it.
    rvbRMVD.jpg