Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck at work!!!

My sim went to work like normal, came home and went straight to bed. Unfortunately everything stayed grey and I can have him do things but I can't see his needs etc. It still says he's 'at work' even though he's home. I tried Reset sim (debug) on him but it didn't do any good.

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Nevermind! If anyone else has this problem I found how to fix it. You can click on the sim's portrait and it will pull up some options including 'leave work early'. This made him get paid and the options reappeared.
  • villagepersonsvillagepersons Posts: 35 Member
    Im glad you fixed your problem but im in the same predicament and your idea didnt work! My sim is still greyed out and when I make her leave work early she just collects money but is still at work. Can anyone else help?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    The resetsim cheat might help? See the list here: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-cheats-hot-keys-controls-list/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    That's not good. I hope someone else can help!
    Me too! I have reset my sim at least 5 times already and nothing is happening! I have also tried moving her onto another lot and restarting the game but nope nope nope
  • PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    Me too! I have reset my sim at least 5 times already and nothing is happening! I have also tried moving her onto another lot and restarting the game but nope nope nope
    As a last resort I'd try waiting until the next time they're supposed to go to work and see if they come home then. If not then I have no clue, maybe move the sim out and back into the same house?
  • ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    Pinstar just went to a community lot last night and it fixed itself ... They weren't at work anymore.
    I tried moving her to another lot and that unfortunately did mot not work. However, I moved her away from her spouse and she is finally free from work! Yay!
  • NovaliceSavrilNovaliceSavril Posts: 43 Member
    > @villagepersons said:
    > I tried moving her to another lot and that unfortunately did mot not work. However, I moved her away from her spouse and she is finally free from work! Yay!

Is your Sim trying to say her spouse is a job? If so call the Lama-Lawyer keep the House and give him the Car... wait don't we walk everywhere? Precisely.
  • loialarentloialarent Posts: 65 Member
    Ugh, I'm stuck at work too...want to go home and play Sims. Sorry, it is a bit OT and hope you get the issues cleared up!
  • Mortusnyte998Mortusnyte998 Posts: 6 New Member
    I answered this on another thread but they wont let me post a link yet...

1. Go to Manage Worlds, Save and Manage World if you have to or Just Manage Worlds.
    2. At the top right of the screen, select Manage Households.
    3. Select your currently playing glitched household.
    4. Select Edit Household.
    5. In the create household mode, save the household at the top right.
    6. Exit edit household by canceling everything.
    7. Evict Household from current lot.
    8. Select Create New household to move in lot.
    9. In the create household mode, select Gallery at the top right
    10. Import the household that you just saved which was glitched.
    11. Play with that new (old) household.
  • GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    If you do this you only get $20,000 to move in. You lose everything and pretty much have to start over in a small house
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    have you tried

resetSim {name} {name}

it worked for me
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?