Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    > @RadicalMissyM said:
    > I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question, but a friend has the Sims 4 and they have black and white bash, and incognito costume party plus a lot more, but mine only has a house party, dinner party, wedding, and birthday party. Did they get a special pack or something, I asked, but they didn't know.

The other features is from the original digital content of the base game. You can purchase in origin too
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question, but a friend has the Sims 4 and they have black and white bash, and incognito costume party plus a lot more, but mine only has a house party, dinner party, wedding, and birthday party. Did they get a special pack or something, I asked, but they didn't know.

It came from the "Deluxe Edition". I am not sure how you would get those additions if you have just a regular base game. Might be worth asking their CS about.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • MommaWhoMommaWho Posts: 6 New Member
    Some idea's that would make it easier for us and more fun

- A bulldoze lot function in world management so we don't have into each individual lot to do it, this takes up too much time when I'm wanting to redo an entire world.

- More blank worlds - with different ways to set it up

- Perhaps allow us to pick and place our own lots in the management - and perhaps even allow us to decorate the 'between' areas. So let's say you give us a certain amount of room in each area - we can place a large or small lot, etc. allowing us to place what we want in the public in between area's - but even if without the in between area's , allowing us to situate where and how big lots are would be a blessing.

- Can we bring back the apartments from old sims game? I like that I can BUILD my own apartments, or even RENT houses. I would love if sims could own more than one home and rent them out if they'd like to unplayed or played sims.

- Can we please please get a university pack? I enjoyed that and it helps build networking and friendships

- With photos sims take and mount on the wall, maybe more frame options.
  • MommaWhoMommaWho Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh and..maybe in each neighborhood have a center 'square' and allow us to name the neighborhoods in each 'world' or city - however you view it. Like there's usually four in each 'world' -
  • bk1226bk1226 Posts: 20 Member
    I would to see a patch or expansion pack consisting of career and skill opportunities that were in Sims 3.
    Examples of opportunities:
    1) Repairing your friend's TV or stereo and delivering it back to him/her (Handiness Skill)
    2) Reading a medical book from your hospital job and returning back to work the next day (Doctor Career)
    3) Catching a certain number of fish and delivering them to a restaurant (Fishing Skill)
    4) Writing a business report and presenting it to work the next day (Business Career)
    5) Baking a batch of cookies and delivering them to your neighbor's party (Cooking Skill)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It would be nice to be able to disable the phones. It's kind of off putting to be absorbed in a jungle adventure then suddenly have all these sims texting your sim to go one place or another.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • JmvarsJmvars Posts: 1 New Member
    I opened a restaurant and it doesn't seem like I can set opening and closing times anywhere. It sucks that I have to do it manually. Furthermore, it seems like the restaurant does nothing if a Sim isn't present. I love the idea but it's just too much micromanaging as it is right now.
  • justdarcyjustdarcy Posts: 4 New Member
    Stairs Animation and Attic Building

A big thing that affects enjoyment for me when playing is the stairs animation. The Sims will start up the stairs on their own quite frequently while I am doing something else for a moment and once they have started there is no way to stop them, you have to wait for them to climb up (if its a toddler then it takes even longer omg), they get to the top then pause then have to walk all the way down again. To avoid this I have stopped using lots with more than one floor, which is a shame because the multilevel lots are so cool and building great places to live is such a huge part of Sims. A suggestion would be when a sim starts up the stairs have them fade out as they climb so the actual time doesn't take as long and have them fade in as they come back down or something so you're only waiting for maybe 2-4 steps if the Sim decides to run upstairs for no reason. Then if you are waiting for them to come you don't have to wait as long.

Also, I can't build attic rooms because the walls cut through the roof, which is easy to ignore but then the janky roof shows up on the lot thumbnail on the map, which is a lot harder to ignore. I have had to use shorter walls to kind of indicate rooms in an attic but really its kind of disappointing because you can't decorate as extensively and it looks weird etc. So walls that fit along a roofline would be nice as well.

Thanks for making this game though I have enjoyed it for years:)
  • rlarsonemtrlarsonemt Posts: 1 New Member
    We really really want the option to choose more colors for styles like we where able to do in the Sims 3. It is very difficult to get some rooms to work when you only have a couple colors to choose from for objects and those colors to choose from don't match!
  • Mrs_McGuinessMrs_McGuiness Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really love to have a pre-teen and have them go to middle school, have their first crush and date. Cars would also be greatly appreciated.
  • Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't know if this a patch problem, or what, but my sims keep running off to grab water when i've started them socializing. In fact, they hardly ever autonomously socialize at all unless in a bar, and they seem to try to get out of it when i get it started by either running to the sink or pulling out their infernal cell phones. Is this happening to anyone else? Why are they all so much more interested in any object in the room rather than in each other? There's too much of that in our culture, i want a better way of life for my sims.

Another general, huge disappointment to me as a since-Sims 1-simmer is that although emotions are the feature in this game, these sims are soulless! Maybe adding in some more specific verbals and animations is a lot of work, but, dang! I just had a sim propose and the response he got may as well have been "Oh, have a nice day!" That kind of anti-climactic under-reacting is rampant throughout the game and so contradictory to the whole emotions theme and to the very idea of "play with life". My Sims 2 sims are infinitely more emotive. I just can't let go of any more money to add expansions (even on sale) when the base of the game is so sadly lacking. I'm making what i can of it because i do love how un-buggy, slick and beautiful it is, especially in CAS and Build/Buy, but it's just not nearly the game it used to be. No variety in verbal responses, no genuine long-lasting desires from my sims based on their personalities, no special relationship indicators (Remember all the adorable snuggling of couples during their sleep and on waking?) no surprises, no mishaps, no laugh-out-loud mayhem, no gift-giving, no newspapers, ... Just...*sigh*

P.S. Why in Simlandia does the GrammyFone Old-Fashioned Music Player play Alternative and Pop but NOT play Romance?
    Post edited by Pyur_Jenius on
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
    P.P.S What is the point of the wedding arches if they don't make sims change into appropriate clothing to get privately married? That can just be done by clicking on one of them. Maybe the "Plan Wedding Event" option gets the unplayed spouse-to-be to change clothing, (I'm not going to ruin the surprise to find out for this post.) but it should also make them change for a private wedding. Otherwise it makes no sense to have the option available to privately marry via the arch.

I DO love the "Fantasize About Weddings" option. Nice one, thanks for that.

edited March 2018
    Nectere wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question, but a friend has the Sims 4 and they have black and white bash, and incognito costume party plus a lot more, but mine only has a house party, dinner party, wedding, and birthday party. Did they get a special pack or something, I asked, but they didn't know.

It came from the "Deluxe Edition". I am not sure how you would get those additions if you have just a regular base game. Might be worth asking their CS about.

EDIT: I just found the Digital Deluxe Upgrade option in the Origin client so it's still there. I should wait until i've had sleep to post stuff, hehe.

You used to be able to buy the deluxe upgrade for the standard edition from the Origin client. I do believe that's where those things are. Both are so cheap now that you probably just have to buy the whole deluxe edition. I just looked and it's under $19. I can't tell you if the upgrade is still available because i have the deluxe edition and it might not show up as an option for me if it's still there.
    Post edited by Pyur_Jenius on

• RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    I'm curious why a Sim can and will flirt with someone other than their wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend, I was playing my game and all of a sudden my pregnant Sim was red so I clicked on her thinking she was uncomfortable, but she was angry because her husband started flirting with another Sim.

Is there a way to keep your Sims loyal and monogamous to their significant other, or do I have to just watch them closely and make them leave if a flirty Sim tries to flirt with them? If there's not a way to make Sims loyal to only one Sim and remove the romance option except for with the Sim they're in a relationship with I think that could be a good thing to add.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    The game still lacks in so many features and we dont want more pet clothes really! Little pets are cool I guess but not like this! And please stop making that vibrant colors furniture because this is becoming childish looking, give us neutral and basic furnitue too. We need more npcs like policeman, fireman, thief... cars, spiral stairs, bunk beds, drums, arcade machines... THIS IS THE 3RD YEAR OF THE SIMS 4 and we still have this basic things missing!!! And in terms of cats and dogs where is dog houses? That would been so much better than new clothes and pet theme childish forniture. Im bored and I cant stand for this anymore. I love this game and I actually like The Sims 4 but this upcoming pack is just ridiculous. DLC for DLC??? This is actually beyonde ridiculous! This franchise was about quality before, now is just quantity and its about making money. I have no doubt why The Sims is one of the most pirated games in the industry. Because so many people who love this game just can't afford all the collection! Even The Sims 3 stills expensive! EA is destroying this game just like they did with Simcity! I used to be a supporter of The Sims 4 but this made me sad! I can't be fooling to myself anymore, The Sims 4 sucks compared to the others and this makes me real sad! Sorry abou my english.
  • RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    @LaneBoy1995 Yeah, the only time I've seen a policeman is when I had my Sim get a job as one, before that I never saw any. I haven't come across any Sims that say they are firemen yet or police in my new game. You see cars being driven in the game, but they don't let you buy any, which would be really cool even if you don't get to see your Sim driving it.

I don't have the pets expansion, but dog houses would be a really cool thing to add, oh! And pet doors so they can go in and out without having to open the whole door.
  • VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2018
    Alright I've got some pretty simple ideas worth considering!

With the Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and the newly announced My First Pet Stuff Pack, I'm pleased that maybe my long time dreamed of pack can become a reality! Get ready for it....

A farm animal themed pack!

It could have horses, rabbits, llamas maybe?, wild mice that cats could catch, small greenhouses where plants grow better, and farmlands with wheat, corn, etc. It could also go well with a future seasons pack!

There could also be a new lot types: Farmland: these lots can be buyable and usable for farming crops. And Horse Ranch: where you can have horse barns and horse fields, or visit to ride horses if your Sim does not own the ranch.
    And lot traits such as: Mouse Aplenty: where lots of mice live. Fertile Farmland: where plants grow faster and have more higher quality harvestables. The training lot trait from the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs can also help with training horses as well.

Thank you SO MUCH if something like this can be looked into! And EA, you wouldn't even have to pay me to use my idea! ;D

Sincerely,

VINTAVA
  • josybabejosybabe Posts: 3 New Member
    Origin. Origin has absolutely broken my love for the Sims games. Anytime it takes my fancy to play, Origin needs to update for 45 minutes, then the game needs to update for 45 minutes, then I need to start it twice because all my mods were turned off. Origin is my nemesis. Why not just go through steam? they clearly won this battle. 95% of the time I want to play an EA game, I end up playing a steam game because of origin's endless updates. At least you can put steam in 'offline mode' and do whatever you want. I'm not trying to be rude.. I get what your trying to do with origin... but can you do it a little better? :(

Ok, I can admit I'm wrong. I just found the 'offline' button on Origin. I didn't look hard enough. But just so you know.. its going offline and staying offline forever. Until I want to buy a new game and then it will take me 2 hours QQ. Love your games btw.
  • TrickyKnowTrickyKnow Posts: 4 New Member
    I personally love everything about Sims 4, but I wouldn't mind having another expansion pack, like Sims 4 University, in this Sims 4 they'll have more career choices to choose from; teens can go straight to college when finish with high school, have new clothing, hairstyles, makeup, accessories, new aspirations and interests.
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    TrickyKnow wrote: »
    I personally love everything about Sims 4, but I wouldn't mind having another expansion pack, like Sims 4 University, in this Sims 4 they'll have more career choices to choose from; teens can go straight to college when finish with high school, have new clothing, hairstyles, makeup, accessories, new aspirations and interests.

That would be great. I sure do miss the days of getting at least two expansion packs per year. Game packs are awesome for enhancing a certain aspect of the game...but expansions tend to be more well rounded in content.
  • lilirishslavelilirishslave Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been a dedicated Simmer since the release of Sims2, way back when. TS4 is by far the most fun out of every generation; however, I have one suggestion.

Gardening/Herbalism

What do I mean? Well..., glad you asked. I can plant all kind of fruits and veggies, and store them in my refrigerator. Normal, yes?

But, where do I store my herbs, insects, and frogs?????

I would like to see some sort of storage system for the Herbalism Skill. A storage case of some sort where I can keep my ingredients..., heck... even Professor Snape had an Ingredient closet. How about Sims4?

Thanks a bunch.

Looking forward to what you can do.

AJ
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    there should be a filter option in cas to filter out clothes that were originally for the opposite gender, and it should be on by default. tired of male sims wearing pants that look waaaay too snug around the groin, and female sims wearing pants that make their arms positioned farther from their body (not to mention that weird concave bit between their legs on some originally male pants). and maybe am option in the settings to disable cc for randoms? i know you can do it when creating cc but since i don't have the patience to edit all of my cc (nor the ability), it would be nice to have that option.
    giphy.gif
  • ArianaZanetaArianaZaneta Posts: 12 New Member
    Went out to a restaurant with a friend in the game. After watching the waiter drop the food for 2 different tables, then waiting for the chef to remake their food they finally made our food only for our waiter to drop ours. After watching my sim wait 6 game hours for a meal, there really should be an option to complain or if they drop your food you get a free dessert. Anything really because when you own a restaurant you get plenty of complaints and you can comp meals but when you eat out there is no option for this and there really should be. They shouldn't have to pay full price for dropped food, waiting 6 hours, or poor quality.... sorry for the rant
  • chrisrose219chrisrose219 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the sims and play religiously. I think there should be a patch to introduce NPC roommates that will pay half the rent. That's one of the features I miss from the sims 3 the most and would be a great addition. I think its a feature that should of been added in city living because of the introduction of apartments.

I also think we need some more careers.. Seriously!!!

Weather is a MASSIVE missing feature BUT I am open to feature EP's..
  • chrisrose219chrisrose219 Posts: 2 New Member
    MORE LOTS. THE MAPS DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH LOT SPACES!!!!!