Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• XXFLXXFL Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I've been a proud Sims player for about 8 years now. I just got the Sims 4 digital download because it was $13 and I didn't want to spend $40 on a disc. Sad to say I'm glad I didn't purchase the disc. This game is literally the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 mixed together into a mobile game. Some features are awesome! Like Create a Sim is genius but there's so many things missing. What happened to having that freedom of design? With the color wheel and patterns?..Or building a house, such a cool tool. Then on the other hand I can't have a vehicle?.. Traveling is so weird to me I honestly don't understand how it works. When I get to this random lot I see buildings but I can't even walk to them. How do I get to city hall or the library? It's very nerve racking. The "World" map is pretty bad definitely reminds me of some mobile game. I'm just so frustrated with this cause I expected more not less but, more Idk if that makes since to anyone. There's more and less in this game. It kinda sucks truthfully but what can I do, right? If anyone has any tips for me please write back! thanks! :)
  • OccultOccult Posts: 1 New Member
    A small suggestion: bringing back imaginary friends even if not as a full blown life stage for toddlers and insane sims.

I feel more life states would bring more weirdness and mayhem to the game for instance the upgrades in the Sims 4 for the ghost life state was awesome, Sims 3 supernatural was a blast and I feel that Sims: Vampires could be used as a foundation to get there.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Enough already with the effing kids' network! A sim can't even sit down to watch a movie without another sim changing it back to that stupid channel!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited December 2017
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Enough already with the effing kids' network! A sim can't even sit down to watch a movie without another sim changing it back to that stupid channel!

Same here. This always starts happening when babies born on my files grow into toddlers. Suddenly they become totally obsessed with the kids' channel! Apparently it's by design for them to occasionally invite their children to watch the channel with them, but the adult Sims are watching it entirely on their own without their kids watching it with them. They literally do not watch any other channel autonomously. It's especially annoying since they give themselves a bored moodlet when they do this.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to end up nearly deleting every object in my sims house, I deleted the dollhouse because my toddlers were constantly asking my adult sim to join, I deleted the table (I can't remember the reason and now I think I'm going to delete the radio because I've just been constantly cancelling my sims want to dance option.

I don't even have a tv.
  • onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    i have sims dogs and cats and im in love <3 however i have to say there iss a few things that could be improved, when customizing a pet its really hard to do the tail as there isnt a pose that really lets you get all sides of it. the ability to save a breed template, the ability to play as the pet, if only to take a look at their needs, and a size slider for pets.
    like so you could make a small adult cat. some cats irl dont get to the size one normally considers that of an adult afterall.
  • SqueezedLizardSqueezedLizard Posts: 1 New Member
    In the get to work expansion I think there should be an interior design job. So the work day would just be you get sent to a house and you have a budget and a wish list and you have to find a way to get everything on the wishlist in the house while still maintaining the budget.
  • Attacca81Attacca81 Posts: 1 New Member
    Slow dancing please... Love the game and the expansions and stuff packs but really miss being able to slow dance... I know it's been mentioned before so adding another voice to say... We want slow dancing in Sims 4!

Thanks in advance :)
  • TheSimmerKiaTheSimmerKia Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a suggestion, something that's been bothering me since the beginning of time. What if there was the possibility to make a distinction between rooms that are "open for the public" and rooms that aren't? Let me explain.

When I invite someone to my Sim's home, I want them to stay in the living room, or in the lobby, or in any room that is meant to be for guests. Instead, what I end up having is a reunion of 5 grown Sims in my children's room! So, what if there was a possibility to categorize the different rooms into "guest friendly" and "only household"? Guests could get into the private bedrooms if they so wished, but that would be considered bad manners, same as if they started cooking or showering in another person's house. That way, rooms won't have to be locked but guests won't enter in these rooms without the family's consent to do so. Furthermore, it would be awesome if characters like the Count Vladislaus, which is supposed to be a very snob and educated person, had a higher level of education and thus would never in the their right minds enter someone else's private chambers (or kitchen, if you decide that the kitchen is your most intimate room in the whole house).

It sure is a small suggestion, but I think it would make a big difference in my Sim's lifestyle :)

Thanks in advance
  • chazittariuschazittarius Posts: 1 New Member
    The Manage Worlds music wont stop playing even when I go to live mode on a household. It just plays over the build mode music and it's super hectic. Started after the recent update, I have to restart the game every time it happens.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I have a suggestion, something that's been bothering me since the beginning of time. What if there was the possibility to make a distinction between rooms that are "open for the public" and rooms that aren't? Let me explain.

When I invite someone to my Sim's home, I want them to stay in the living room, or in the lobby, or in any room that is meant to be for guests. Instead, what I end up having is a reunion of 5 grown Sims in my children's room! So, what if there was a possibility to categorize the different rooms into "guest friendly" and "only household"? Guests could get into the private bedrooms if they so wished, but that would be considered bad manners, same as if they started cooking or showering in another person's house. That way, rooms won't have to be locked but guests won't enter in these rooms without the family's consent to do so. Furthermore, it would be awesome if characters like the Count Vladislaus, which is supposed to be a very snob and educated person, had a higher level of education and thus would never in the their right minds enter someone else's private chambers (or kitchen, if you decide that the kitchen is your most intimate room in the whole house).

It sure is a small suggestion, but I think it would make a big difference in my Sim's lifestyle :)

Thanks in advance
    I like this idea.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • BunnyFufuBunnyFufu Posts: 1 New Member
    Why still no Basset Hounds? They are a very popular breed and wish they were one of the available dog breeds.
  • cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    I like having a chef sim, a sim who is constantly looking for new recipes and making a variety of foods. I love how many different food we have in the sims 4!!! Especially since the city living expansion. The only thing that I don't like is how only some recipes have an actual ingredient? Like some foods will let you use the carrot or strawberry in your sims inventory for a lesser price, but other recipes don't have any ingredients like that? It's a bit weird.
  • cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    Also, some of my sims whims aren't getting fulfilled. The get engaged and get married whims don't work for me at all so far, no matter which sim has the whim or does the proposing. Also the "grill" whim doesn't get fulfilled no matter which food it is. Since most of the time I use whims to determine my sims direction in the game it really matters to me when whims don't even work :/ I just hope this will be fixed in a patch soon.
  • Angel_WolfAngel_Wolf Posts: 2 New Member
    Angel_Wolf

I think one of the expansion packs should be based on the Angelic, like angels, demons, god(s), devil(s). Each created with their own gifts that can't be changed once made, having both good and evil so the angels would have different colored wings depending if they choose to do something good (white) or bad (dark). Also being able to choose if their wings should show or not.

Angel abilities and features -
    *Have many types of wings that you can customize but will still brighten or darken depending if they are bad or not.
    *They can fly to places as travel or even around the area they are on freely.
    *Their features vary from a regular sim to a glow (any color) angel that consists of new hairstyles and colors for hair, eyes, and clothes.

God abilities and features -
    *Have the abilities to create objects with a certain rank (like vampires).
    *Can kill other sims or turn them into angels / demons. (They can also reverse the process but only if they where the ones who changed that
    sim, if another god sim changes a regular sim then your god sims cannot change them back).
    *They can also turn themselves into angels & demons, not devil(s). Same for devil(s).
    *Can bring back sims only three times.

(NOTE: If both a god sim and devil sim have a child that child sim can become either an angel, demon, god or devil. There would be a 3% chance that they could become a half god half devil, also known as a balance sim as they would be a mix of both good and bad energy and would most likely glow dark with wings bigger then the sim itself).

Devil abilities and features -
    *They can Fly like angels, the only difference is they glow red, black or a dark shade of purple when near other angel sims.
    *Can track other sims (like the demons).
    *You can have the option to give them wings or not, they can have many new hairstyles (new color hair), angel / demon eyes & new clothing so *you can either making them as fancy as the TV show Lucifer or as bad 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as you like.
    *They can kill / bring back other sims only three times, and turn them into demons.

Demon abilities and features -
    *Like the vampire expansion pack, having two sides to them.
    *Being able to track and bring other sims into different parts of each world even if that sim is currently not in any world.
    *Disappearing into black mist (like the vampire expansion pack).
    *Their choice of features go from many types of eyes from cat, vampire, regular sim & even demon where the eyes and completely black with a *white (any brightly non normal colored) iris and black pupil.
    *They can have scared / half scared faces looking like they'd been burned by Hell's fire.
    I seriously want those Star Wars outfits gone from my game. And please stop resurrecting the cosplay club, or at least add a No Clubs Allowed lot trait so we can keep unwanted clubs from taking over the parks & other community lots.

Seriously. I'm sick of this.

2wr3zit.jpg

mbohuq.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited December 2017
    We need an official BodyShop-type custom content creator that is updated along with the game for TS4. Having to use a third party utility that I have to manually update all the time is kind of a pain, and it sort of bugs me that a game released a decade before TS4 gave us a custom content creation tool as part of the package, but TS4 came with nothing of the sort. If we weren't going to get TS3's color wheel from Jumpstreet, then we should have at least had a new version of BodyShop. In fact, we should have had a BodyShop/HomeCrafter hybrid with the added bonus of letting us recolor furniture and decor too.

Also, we need Create-A-World. Even if it's just as simple as picking a map template, a terrain type, and a skybox, being able to make our own worlds/towns has been an essential part of the series since TS2 and it helps keep the game fresh for players. When every save you play has the exact same pre-made worlds, and the only way to get more places for your sims to visit or live in is to buy packs, it's frustrating and annoying. What makes it worse is that the few big lots are always occupied by pre-made sims and/or pre-made houses...and, in fact, aside from Newcrest, there's just too much pre-built content in the world maps to begin with. If we can't have a Create-A-World feature, can we at least have a "Wipe World" button that lets us bulldoze all pre-made lots and evict all pre-made sims, or at least a "Start with Empty Worlds" option when we start a new game?

And, in general, we need more gameplay options. We got a little control over culling in November, and that's nice, but I'd like some more in-depth gameplay options. I want to have controls for things like townie generation (frequency, the ability to cap townie generation at a number I see fit, gender and age ratios, and supernatural populations), the ability to turn both population and relationship culling on and off, the ability to turn relationship decay for inactive households on and off, alien abduction and alien pregnancy rates, vampire break-in rates, tuning autonomous behaviors, story progression options (who moves, who gets married, who has babies off-screen, etc.), custom sim lifespans, the ability to turn things like random texts and phone calls on and off, difficulty settings for job progression and aspirations (because it's just too easy, especially the jobs, since the jobs have basically all been exactly the same since the "Get to Work" patch), and the ability to turn the ambient "Happy" moodlets from furniture on and off and decide whether or not we want "Uncomfortable" to enhance negative moodlets. Sure, we can do much of this stuff with mods, but mods break with updates and these features really should be in the official options menu.

...Vampires are well done, though.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • digitaltrashcandigitaltrashcan Posts: 30 Member
    i've been playing ts4 for a while now and i have a love/hate relationship with it. the level of freedom and detail in CAS is by far my favorite aspect of the game, even moreso with cc, and it's honestly one of the main things that keep me playing. but there are also SO many things that annoy and disappoint me about this game that i want to give my two cents on:

- the lack of diversity in sim behavior/mannerisms is really disappointing. for example, the fact that a snobby female sim's dance moves are exactly the same as those of a clumsy male sim. personally i'd like the ability to choose whether a sim has more feminine or masculine mannerisms. it's also disappointing that my sims barely use the walk animations chosen for them. like they all use the same generic walk 90% of the time no matter which walk i chose for them.

- townies honestly ruin the game for me. they're ugly, they dress like clowns, and there is no getting away from them. i want the game to be about the sims that *i* create, not randomly generated clones. it ruins the immersion for me when my community lots are full of pear shaped weirdos in opera gloves and workout gear. i want to see MY sims on community lots. i don't want to hire townies as staff at my restaurants, i want to hire my own sims. i have no interest whatsoever in interacting with townies, especially when they're all so ugly.

- this one is a personal preference thing but, the general "aesthetic" of the worlds is too bright and shiny and fluffy for my taste. every world has the same happy colorful pixar vibe, and it's creatively stifling for someone like myself who likes to build more gritty realistic lots. compare bridgeport of ts3 to san myshuno. bridgeport looks like a real city with uptown and downtown areas. meanwhile everywhere in san myshuno is picturesque and upperclass. my seedy nightclub builds and tacky diners look out of place in these shiny squeaky-clean worlds, so i end up having to adjust my own ideas to match what's already there. i get that some people might like the aesthetic, and i appreciate how well designed they are, but it would be nice to have some more grungy/downtown areas as well. an urbz ep would be great. better still would be the ability to edit the worlds ourselves so that we have creative control over their aesthetic, but i realize that's probably not gonna happen. i get the impression that the sims is rebranding and trying to gear itself towards a younger demographic with how colorful and bubbly it's become. and yet i guarantee most players are in their late teens/early 20s.

- lastly, i also feel like removing CASt was a mistake. similar to the world aesthetics, the designs/color palettes of the furniture are often just too bright and childish for me. if bringing CASt back isn't an option i would at least like to see some more plain and muted furniture styles.
  • BurBurBurBur Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see a Sims 4 University expansion Pack. I’ve always loved playing the Univeristy pack for both Sims 2 and 3. Let’s bring it back for Sims 4 too.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I seriously want those Star Wars outfits gone from my game. And please stop resurrecting the cosplay club, or at least add a No Clubs Allowed lot trait so we can keep unwanted clubs from taking over the parks & other community lots.

2wr3zit.jpg

mbohuq.jpg

I thought the game won't create new clubs by itself and/or assign them the lot. I believe it shouldn't be the issue unless you use mods like MCCC.

I thought the game won't create new clubs by itself and/or assign them the lot. I believe it shouldn't be the issue unless you use mods like MCCC.

My game generates new clubs all the time. Most of the time they can be ignored, and they usually die with the last member. But of course the most annoying club in the game is also the one that just won't go away & is now back again with a new generation. I'm not usually a modder, but I'm getting close to it.
  • thesimophile154thesimophile154 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you please add some things, such as:
    Acting (Hobby and Career)
    Starting a band (I know you can already release songs and the is a musical career, but what about a group)
    More musical instruments
    Cars to buy (could possibly mean less time at work but still as much cash)
    If I were to have a landlord added to the family, they should lose their job (same with maids and nannies)
    Traits like trusting (opposite of jealous)

Thanks!
  • debent01debent01 Posts: 5 New Member
    The Female Voices need to Actually be Female voices and not a Male trying to sound Female or a digital Version that sounds like a chipmunk. Pretty bad when your Female when dreaming is laughing and talking with an Actual male voice, too.
    So, far as I can see, the only thing this game has over any of the preceding Sims games is the more detailed objects; not even all the game graphics. Just the objects look better. Other than that, it's definitely no where near as good as the preceding games.
    If you would ever learn to put your fancy NEW ideas into your current games to IMPROVE them instead of wasting money making a Whole New Game, your current game would be Much better, the packs and expansions would be so much better and your customers would be a Whole Lot Happier. New isn't always better.
  • gfhdhghfghggfhdhghfghg Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 4 is mostly a disappointment to me. Here are some of the things that I dislike about the Sims 4.
    1. It is way too easy to level up our skills in this game. I can learn multiple cooking skills in one day, or two days, or three days. And this is without reading a cooking skill book.. this is just from my sim making about three meals a day. I think I thought, "No problem, I will just focus on my pets." So I go to teach my pet a trick, and my sim gains one point in dog training in (literally) about 15 seconds with the game speed sped up. The game is already not that interesting for me, so the Sims 4 just made leveling up my skills much less interesting too. It is like having the game on super easy preschool mode.

2. As I mentioned in my last point, the game is mostly uninteresting to me. The Sims 3 did not suffer from this problem nearly as much, so either EA has gotten worse at making The SIms games, or the time contraint on this game (due to making it not an MMO game ina bout the last 6 months of development) was just too much for the EA team. I feel like im not as interested in talking to other sims in the game. So I try to do things around my sims house, but I feel that there is nothing to do. I think i feel less interested in the sims as people, perhaps because of the way they were developed, and it makes me feel like im just sitting there leveling my sims skills up. So I level up their guitar skill, or their programming skill, or whatever skill/s they need for work, and then im just bored. Im just spending most of my time leveling up my sims skills. I also feel like there is probably (if i am remembering correctly) a lack of different ways to level up our sims skills.

These last three points that I am about to list may have changed. These are problems that I had with the sims 4 when I had less expansion packs for the game. But if the newer expansion packs have not changed these things, then they will still be there. I have only attempted to play the sims 4 one time after playing it for a period when there were apartments.. then I stopped playing it.

3. I feel like there is something wrong with the lighting in this game.. things seem dark probably either most of the time, or all of the time. In my previous sims houses I had to buy about 8 ceiling lights just to brighten up my sims houses.

4.Why is a guy that I just met about 7 or 10 (in real life) minutes ago willing to impregnate my sim? I feel like it was more difficult to get someone to be willing to have a baby with you in the Sims 3. Maybe I am just noticing this more though because I am not as interested in the sims as characters, for the reasons that I mentioned in a previous point.

5. We need to be able to do more interactions with babies. We need to be able to walk around with our babies and bathe them.

6. Open world made for a better Sims game. Thousands, if not millions, of people dealt with the longer loading times of the Sims 3, and did not mind it. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would like open world back again for The SIms 4. Though, maybe the only reason that it was excluded was because The Sims 4 was originally intended to be an MMO, and that was changed in about the last 6 months (if i remember correctly) of development.

7. The dogs do not look detailed enough for me. I didnt get a good look at the cats, but I imagine that they have the same problem.

I know that you guys can make a fun Sims game, you did it with the Sims 3. The sims 4 is just not that great for me.
  • MewMewKitty78MewMewKitty78 Posts: 2 New Member
    Are we ever going to get University Life or Seasons? As stimulating as the Sims 4 Laundry Day pack sounds, I'd love to finally send my Sims out into the snow or have them earn a degree. Just a thought.