Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    I would simply like something to freshen the game up. I don't get why things like 'Bowling' make the cut, but things people have asked for, like Seasons and Pets, seem to be on the back burner?? I would love to have just a good rainstorm in my game??
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    i agree with you @QueenMercy i also dont like the way the neck looks when you have a male sim with a feminine body. Its awkward but it does make me laugh. XD And @Princesslover0316 i like your idea about the field trips!
  • tothomas17tothomas17 Posts: 1 New Member
    OH MY GOD.
    I don't know what's going on with the sims 4 at the moment but it's driving me crazy, every time my teen sims are due to go to school the entire family crashes, they get stuck in their positions and they don't even move, I can't click on anything, debug doesn't help and then if I try to go on the map or close the game, NOTHING LOADS, I have to force my laptop to log off. The game usually runs fine, can anyone help?!
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    @tothomas17 I haven't anything that dramatic, but I have had moments where the whole game just locks up and all the sims on the lot just stand around doing nothing for dozens of Sim hours until I quit and reload. I've tried running the repair feature, but it hasn't helped. I think it might be something with the last Update, or pack. I've heard alot of people have had issues since the City Living was added.
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Luuciia1Luuciia1 Posts: 71 Member
    what i would like to see in sims 4 in descended order:
    -Weather
    -pets
    -Washing machines and driers and hanging clothes
    -more gardening items, and more uses for the vegetables. Been able to grow many types of flowers and giving them as a gift to friends , lovers or even organizing a bucket for a special vessel you can place any where in the house
    -interactions: more romantic interactions such as in a date been able to try my partners food or giving her/him to try my food. Or children tag games, clapping hand games
    - About alcohol, I relato dislike this! teen ages can order like gin-tonics if they are on dates ?... this is awful. Maybe bring a typsy, drunk feeling to sims that drink too much wine making them easier to flirt with or a new walk that last that period of time they are drunk maybe, headache in the next morning. First reaction teens drink alcohol, been punished if caught by adults.... more in depth
    - Been able to do more things with new born babies... MORE NATURAL THINGS, like sitting in a sofa or big chair and been able to sing them a song to sleep, walk them somewhere with the baby stroll
    - more weeding cakes and i don't really know how , but maybe trying to improve the weeding stuff venue, to make it more special and natural and more fun --> introduce honey moons
    -MORE VACATIOSN ! based on weather, to be able to also introduce honey moons!!!!!

Things i like:
    -huge fan of sims :)
  • marrolandmarroland Posts: 27 Member
    I have to say that eventhough i have brought The Sims 4, i still play The Sims 3 for many reasons:

1.- I have all expansions in Sims 3
    2.- and because my computer handle it OK

...but after i brought City Living, i started to like Sims 4 but is not after Vampires that i went back to play it more that Sims 3. I still need to buy a new computer in order to have a better play of Sims 4 but:

•What you liked: Overall everything that you can change/twick in the game, love designing new sims and decorating new houses.

•What you didn't like:

1-. having to wait everythime you enter a new lot or changing scenes...i love the way in Sims 3 you can move all over the map without "starting" a new game.
    2.- Hate the fact that i cannot change the patters of the clothes, furtniture, walls and floors, just the colors and patters predetermined by the game.

•Suggestions?

In order to keep playing, i hope next expansions will enrich the game.

•Overall thoughts?

I realized that i cannot do comparisons on Sims 3 and Sims 4 because they are actually different games with the same essence. I am sure that Sims 4 will have very interesting development in its futures expansions.
  • hautenzhautenz Posts: 5 New Member
    Does anyone know if they're considering changing the settings of the sims life span? Like in sims 3 we could choose the days for each age our selves? I'm finding that normal life span is too short but long is to long! I'd like a happy medium!
  • ninajene15ninajene15 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have to agree the worlds are a bit small, and I miss being able to travel the map freely like we could in Sims 3, but the maps are beautiful graphically. That being said, I am unable to post this in the ideas thread, so I will post it here as feedback/ideas. I am eagerly awaiting another pets pack! With that, I think it would be awesome to add a new career, the Veterinarian <3 An interactive career where you can join your sim to work and doctor up the pets like you can in the doctor career.
  • GlamourskyGlamoursky Posts: 12 New Member
    I really enjoy building, It's my favorite part of the game.
    I have especially been enjoying building "Tiny Homes".

Some suggestions:

- We really need more customization for stairs, such as the ability to make them L-shape, or spiral, or curved around the room. Something different so we can conserve more space and make more interesting homes. Currently I very much dislike the current way to do L-shaped stairs with the foundation, as you cant have the stairs on the same level as the front door.

- Curved rooms. PLEASE. I feel like we've been begging since Sims 2 more this. If you can do it with the fences, why not the same concept as that? And then for object placement, we can always use bb.moveobjects on to really decorate like crazy.

- Round roofs for tower-like rooms or gazebos. As well as octagonal roofs

- Better split level PLEASE. It would be so cool of we could stick the front door on the bottom level!! PLEASE!!! Something so simple up until now is still not here.

- Ladders would be nice :) Please soon.

- I really miss cars. I feel like I build houses with garages, and they have zero purpose without any cars :(

- Laundry! I miss washer and dryers, and it would be nice to have another excuse to build laundry rooms in my homes, if they were actually functional!!

- THE ABILITY TO COLOR THE CEILING. Sorry for all caps, but I'm quite passionate about this suggestion! I am so sick of all White ceilings! It is SO BORING!!

- Vaulted ceilings would be AMAZING!!

- Exposed beams on the ceiling would be cool too.

Thanks for your time, and hope to see some L-shaped stairs soon :)
  • BabySimsAlwaysBabySimsAlways Posts: 22 Member
    I want to know why the babies are not included in the life of my sims. I feel sorry for my baby she has to stay in that bassinet all the time. When she comes back from babysitter, she will not show that, she has plum or she is hungry. I can't reset her because she doesn't exist. I want to be able to create a beautiful baby. Change her eyes give her hair, change her clothes. Be able to let them be a real part of the family. Babies are SIMS TOO!!! Oh can we have a baby pool for my bad little toddlers. I'M just crazy about them LOL!! Thank you for listening
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    I love all of the sims games, but my overall fave exp was apartments in sims 2. I think it would be a great addition to add this to sims 4 for all of the people who really enjoy the building aspect. It would be great to be able to build apartments, townhouses and so on and actually be able to use it as designed with multiple families.
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    All the Sims games have been great and every new sequel has been my favourite. I'm especially happy with Sims 4 as the animations and whole look of it is amazing. Even though Sims 1-3 were my favourites too, I never looked back after Sims 4. Even though things have been missing, I don't really mind as there is always enough to do
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It'd be nice if "omg an alien" wasn't a negative thing so often. Nobody cares if your sim is a vampire, so I have to wonder if maybe the devs figured out that the knee jerk reaction was annoying and changed it for Vampires.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Clubs fix needed. I formed a club and my sims who have confirmed relationships started flirting and having romances with club members. Okay this is a big problem because I formed a club with all guys who have girlfriends. They are all heterosexual guys so this was very annoying so I deleted the club. Wont be forming clubs until this is fixed. I don't want my club members having any kind of romance with other club members. Another note, I like teens but I wish they had more teen activities as well.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Clubs fix needed. I formed a club and my sims who have confirmed relationships started flirting and having romances with club members. Okay this is a big problem because I formed a club with all guys who have girlfriends. They are all heterosexual guys so this was very annoying so I deleted the club. Wont be forming clubs until this is fixed. I don't want my club members having any kind of romance with other club members. Another note, I like teens but I wish they had more teen activities as well.

You can disallow romantic actions in the club rules; Sims will be way less likely to autonomously act romantically then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EshaPaul82EshaPaul82 Posts: 52 Member
    I think it needs a color wheel and a height slider. I'd like the relax animation back. Either to relax on the bed and watch t.v. or daydream. It'd also be nice to be able to take a portable laptop and play games, watch videos, or surf the web.
  • fox_demon_princessfox_demon_princess Posts: 86 Member
    I would like to see laundry, dusting, sweeping, bed making (I hate that they make the bed as soon as they wake up it annoys me, I liked the act of my housewife sim going around and making the beds) and other household chores to be added to the game. It would also be a great addition after the Parenthood GP to add more chores for grounded sims.
    I am done with the new item gold highlight. Please let us disable it. I hate having to go through every category in cas and removing the gender filters and trying everything on. It's extra annoying when a sim becomes a vampire. No, I don't want to try all the new skintones on. You have to make a new game to get rid of the buy mode glow, and it's a waste of time. If I wanted to see what was new in the pack I bought, I would've used the pack filter.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @rosemow

informed me about this feedback thread and asked me to post here when I commented on a player build thread she has set up. I only play 4 infrequently but it appears everytime I go into the gallery to search for lots there is so much stealing of our wonderful 4 creator's work that only appears to be getting worse over time so I have had to make a document of creators names and their lots and named lots so I don't make mistakes when trying to find a build I want to use from the gallery however a lot of players will not want to take that time which I quite understand. Does anyone know if this sort of stealing can be stopped in some way?

Okay while I am here I would now like couples dancing back and a tropical vacation hood as all my sims really quite dislike camping :)
  • evam16evam16 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm a fairly experienced simmer, starting a youtube channel where I post my recorded gameplay. I had a question about the Sylvan Glade in the Sims 4. Do you know if you can harvest things like the wild cherry tree, pear tree etc?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    evam16 wrote: »
    I'm a fairly experienced simmer, starting a youtube channel where I post my recorded gameplay. I had a question about the Sylvan Glade in the Sims 4. Do you know if you can harvest things like the wild cherry tree, pear tree etc?

All the wild fruits, vegetables, and herbs in the game can be harvested.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    I know everyone says this, but as a family player I want babies to be more interactable (That's totally not a word, is it?). In my family, we fawn over the babies and bring them everywhere. Dress them up and snuggle in bed and bring them in strollers and so on and so forth. Babies shouldn't be confined. I know people bring up the floor issue but why do the babies have to be wrapped up all the time? Why not let them free and lay them on a play mat? Free the babies please!
  • krystaxiakrystaxia Posts: 1 New Member
    Let me start by saying that I think sims 4 is overall good. The graphics are amazing, I love how we can personalize the characters even more with how the walk and their body types.
    Things I liked:
    I love the graphics
    I love how in build mode things aren't just circle and squares...if you know what I mean
    I love how we have a little bit more freedom to do what we want with furnitures and colours and such.
    I also love the challenges you guys create every now and then, it sets a goal and people love accomplishing goals
    I like the improvement in interactions with babies.
    I love the new things expansion packs bring
    I love the new foods from experiment dishes
    I love having a variety of dishes from different cultures and such

Things I don't like:
    -There are still some bugs in the game, like my sims getting stuck or a plate stuck in their hands when they wash the plate
    -I hate when someone dies at my restaurant the grim reaper takes forever to reap the sim due to the fact that he cant get to the sim because -EVERYONE crowds around the dying sim and nothing gets done and it just wastes time.
    -I HATE how every time I want to go somewhere, it has to load. I want more mobility and fluidity like in Sims 3 where we can just go places
    -What happened to cars and taxis? I really enjoyed saving for a car and taking the taxi to work even though it was slow (but such is the real world) it was much more RELATEABLE.
    -I hate how my sims just disappear to their jobs. I want to see my sims get picked up or take the taxi and go an ACTUAL building where they call work like in Sims 3.
    -I wish there were beaches and movies and other places where sims can meet other sims
    -What happened to burglars? There's no point of buying an alarm system if there are no burglars. I like when interesting things happen
    -Bring back grocery stores (groceries don't just appear in the fridge)!!

Ideas:
    Business trips in careers for sims
    LIVE outdoor and indoor concerts
    Weather conditions: rain and snow
    Popularity and paparazzi
    Bring back newspapers!! I like knowing what's going on in town, and what new family moved in, and who won the game, and discounts at stores.

I really like playing the game, and hope to see improvements in the next update.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I just can't express how disappointed I am.. I know that no one's gonna care about it but anyway I feel like to need to write this..
    I've been playing my family since 2015.. Today one of my favourite sim's died while I was playing another member of a family. I got none notification. When I loaded my dead sim household there was no urn.. So where is it? Where? She was living with her daughter. And what? Her daughter was happy because of well decorated room! She didn't even care that her mother died.
    So once again.. Are you real? You were promoting emotions and no one cares about dying sims but they care about well decorated rooms? R u serious?
    Also I just can't express how mich that autonomus sitting annoys me. Everytime when there's a place to sit, sims want to sit during conversation. Why? Why we can't control whether they talk standing or sitting??
    I won't even mention lack of animations or how simplified everything in this game is.
    Gosh, guess I'm one of few players who remember The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.. Cause I just don't like and don't buy it..
    It could be the greatest game in the series but because of bad managing it's not.
    I just really hope that one day some studio will make life simulation game and bury Electronic Arts. Someone who''ll add passion into their product not just lust for money.. Just like Cities Skylines.
    So, can we get a way to cancel the welcome wagon without offending our neighbors? I had a couple move in, go straight to the library where they used the computer to get jobs and such, and they didn't get home until pretty late. The next morning, the welcome wagon showed up like an hour before they had to go to work. There was barely any time for even a introduction before it was time to leave, and after the neighbors had eaten all the salad in the fridge they left with the "well I guess we're not welcome here" thing. Like I know it was a bad idea to let them in, but really?