Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    cupidsarrow94cupidsarrow94 Posts: 21 Member
    I have seen the sims grow from being a founder of The Sims Online Beta to the present. For the most part I am very pleased with the progress of the game...One thing I would love to be able to do - have more freedom in creating toddlers - we need to be able to fine tune them just as we do with the children, teens, young adults, adults and elders. Also..not all elders lose their posture and are physically dominated by gravity.
  • Options
    ReallysimzReallysimz Posts: 1 New Member
    i dont like the fact that babies are restricted to bassinets
  • Options
    AligaterrrAligaterrr Posts: 3 New Member
    I seriously miss style folders!!! Especially now that there's a good number of stuff packs out there. It now takes me forever to find some items that I love. With style folders I could also create folders for stuff I used often. I also don't like the drop down for the Items list. Buttons were so much easier to switch from one to the other.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I love sims 4 . My favorite sims game , so far.

Things I want

- University , with new careers that require specific college degrees.

- Daycare lots

- Go to school with children

- Seasons to come with Holidays

- More free time activities , my favorite being magic skill.

- More romantic/flirtation socials

- More socials between kids and toddlers

• Options
    BattyVampBabeBattyVampBabe Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the sims 4!
    As someone else mentioned it would be awesome if you brought back color customization. Also someone else mentioned this but I thought I'd touch on it to, bring in more modern styles that are in with today's culture and subcultures would add mor personality to the game.
    An idea I had is what if you could own farm animals such as cows, chickens, sheep, and goats to create a farm. This could be an expansion pack or the farm animals could be a patch and the extra stuff like wild west themed clothes, furniture, and buildings could be a stuff pack. This could open a chance for a new town/city that is set in the wild west. Or it could lead to a Asian country side village where your sim can learn how to grow Asian food.
    Overall I love the sims and I am always excited to see what the sims 4 team comes up with next for the sims.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Enough already with that plum effing monster under the bed! I have the nightlights in every child's room in every household, but still get it night after freaking night, in every household that has children! Make it stop!

@Idmarko doesn't the monster only come with that specific bed? If so use a different bed for a while. I am using other beds and haven't seen the monster once. If not then not sure what you can do. :)

• Options
    Raven101Raven101 Posts: 2 New Member
    Get to work ability

Dislike:
    Everything feels like the base game with some new colours and items
    It's very limited, even when we get new things e.g. apartments we can't do much with them and they get boring after 2 hours because it's the exact same game play as before
    There's no care or Passion in the game
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    How come only one particular plant (carefree succulent) will sit on a half wall? There are lots of plants and objects that share that small footprint, how come they cant go on the half wall too? I want more plants on my half walls without cheating, and clutter. Anything with that small of a footprint should sit.

Also, how come tvs cant fit on nightstands and those consoles in the side table section? Some of them are the same size as a coffee table but taller - why do tvs only go on short things? I want them to go on taller consoles or larger chests (enlarged nightstands I guess)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I was wondering why toddlers do not have the fantasy color options like adults have. It makes gaming a bit off for vanilla gamers who like playing with vampires, aliens, berry and banillasims. EA should definitely add all the haircolors for toddlers too. Aliens eyes should also be avalaible for hybrids and toddlers. Thank you!
  • Options
    VeryBlueCrayonVeryBlueCrayon Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish there was more intimate romance options. Everything is too sexual in the Sims 4. In Sims 3, there were a lot more sweet and tender romance options, like slow dancing and how they could cuddle when they slept together, etc. I can't take the romances seriously.
  • Options
    raeleesvraeleesv Posts: 4 New Member
    I doubt anyone is reading this by this point but I have to say that after how many stuff packs now, ten? I'm beyond jaded. Can someone tell me what the point of the Bowling stuff pack was? It brought little if anything to the game in terms of game play; fashion, hair, and items are all... minimal. And the worst part; we're not even bowling/adding points to our games - instead each bowl seems to generate random numbers? This seems like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 approach to what could have given the act of bowling SOME purpose! A family-fun themed pack as opposed to a singular bowling pack would have made far more sense.

I've been a hardcore fan of the sims since Sims 1; I own every stuff pack, every expansion pack (and I'm not saying this to express any sense of entitlement, only to express the fact I'm not new to the series), I understand the game is still being developed and progressing - and not intended to be The Sims 3 part 2. Of course people have been screaming for certain things from the start; toddlers, pools, weather, and pets (as well as other things) and EA released some to appease. Of course theyr'e under NO obligation to create items specifically because people want them, but it also feels like stuff packs are being released simply for the sake of releasing something.

Now possibly Eco-stuff? Are you kidding me? How about spending less time creating pointless stuff packs and get some actual expansion packs happening that contribute something to the game, PLEASE?
  • Options
    DonnathesingerDonnathesinger Posts: 5 New Member
    Well on the off-chance that EA is actually still reading this stuff, here's my feedback:

I loved TS3 and have all the content and packs. I didn't jump on TS4 right away because of the terrible reviews. Then rl happened. Anyway, this week I did the 48 hour free trial.

I won't be buying TS4. Although I do like the graphical improvements, the game, well... it makes me sad. I feel so isolated playing it. I'm a huge fan of MMOs and played them for decades, so I enjoy the human interaction. With TS3 I was able to create a bustling town so it didn't feel lonely or so single-playerish. My Sims could walk/run/drive all around wherever they wanted, and run into friends/lovers/enemies on the way. Or discover something new! And controlling multiple Sims was quick and simple.

Not so with TS4. TS4 feels like real life, like the "nobody leaves the house" lifestyle we all seem to lead now. Sims live in their homes for the most part and only interact with other Sims on the lot or via their phones or PCs. And that is because of the way EA disabled the ability to simply walk around a world. Porting and load-screening from one lot to another is just awful. Come to think of it, that is my biggest complaint and disappointment, really. There are a few other things I am not crazy about, but there are also some good improvements, and were it not for the new design of isolating game play and restricting world movement, I'd probably buy the game.
  • Options
    Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    I hope that EA is working on some of the glitches in this game. One household I tried to play told me that all my games was not loaded and that they removed the item. The house was basically empty. Never had this problem before. Next household I went to, the house disappeared. Sims get hung up and the game sticks. I haven't really played in about ten days. I tried of all of the sticking and now houses disappearing. I really hope they fix this.
  • Options
    KorinaleaKorinalea Posts: 8 New Member
    I like having ghosts in my game - sometimes. When they coincide with the storyline im working with.
    Is there a way EA can create an item that we can place on our lot to prevent ghosts appearing? But still have them when we wish to have them.
    Im thinking back to Sims 2 and we could place the signs on our lot to prevent dogs and cats.

Its something small but it would absolutely be nice.
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2017
    The Sims 2 is still my favorite, hands down. I still play the same version of Pleasantville I've been playing since my first install. You can't beat a classic. Sims 4 is fun in a different way, but it still lacks charm. Charm will take you far. Take the charm of Sims2, the open world of Sims3 and the Saccharine malaise sometimes of Sims4 and you would have the perfect game. Oh and sprinkle in some Sims1, perhaps a world one could slip into, behind a dresser?
  • Options
    mamacox93mamacox93 Posts: 1 New Member
    I only wish there was an option for color-blind people that would make building easier. I have a hard time telling which colors are which.
  • Options
    sainma0sainma0 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi!

I have this thought about The Sims 4 seasons and Vacation pack.

It would be really cool if we could get worlds where the seasons were fixed to certain seasons. For example one Winter/alpine world and one tropical world. This could be really well incorporated into a vacation/hotel pack. Just a thought where people could have a summer and a winter getaway. maybe the winter getaway would have a mountain world :D

this youtobe video inspired the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97JvtncY_8
  • Options
    Viperinelight50Viperinelight50 Posts: 17 Member
    > @sainma0 said:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have this thought about The Sims 4 seasons and Vacation pack.
    >
    > It would be really cool if we could get worlds where the seasons were fixed to certain seasons. For example one Winter/alpine world and one tropical world. This could be really well incorporated into a vacation/hotel pack. Just a thought where people could have a summer and a winter getaway. maybe the winter getaway would have a mountain world :D
    >
    > this youtobe video inspired the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97JvtncY_8

Sorry if this is offensive, but that would be absolutely awful for several reasons.

-EA would use it as an excuse to make every season a different pack
    -It would be annoying to make my sims move house to experience each season
    -It's incredibly unrealistic.
    -The worlds would be bland or ugly (considering all of the other worlds)
  • Options
    RainbowwingxpRainbowwingxp Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with most people that said from sims 3 we had a lot more realization when it comes to our sims. Since the barrier wall of you could pregnant your sims with a same sex couple be nice to bring more of the realization back with body hair for men, more facial hair, and more tattoo designs. With new expansion you do get a lot more outfits surprise there are not like vampire tattoos when it came to the vampire pack. I just lately feel you are updating and creating packs that are not really the best thing out there. Bowling stuff pack I did bought but come on you could have put that in Get together pack. I would like to see another generation pack like they had in sims 3 seems like the kids era to teen is just plan boring in sims 4. I don't know if someone from EA would read this but I hope somehow that they can take consideration in what I'm and others are suggesting.
  • Options
    CatLover999999CatLover999999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Idk if this thread is still alive or if something like this is in development, but what about some kind of shed for your backyard added into the game?

Like a bookshelf you can buy extra things like maybe bikes for kids/adults, a wagon for toddlers, yard toys, maybe a small pool? We've never seen anything like that added in and I figured it was worth a mention.
  • Options
    Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    well what i like is:
    having one sim be master of all skills
    collecting the collectibles in my game (havent finished this though)
    making clubs
    owning a bakery
    having a sim couple make enemies out of everyone for fun ( i swear they're actually enjoying this! O_O")
    having a sim named Detective be a detective ( he's named Detective Snitch... so... XD)

what i dont like is:
    that when im making a club and go to the wealth tab most of my sims are considered wealthy. i think 50,000 simoleons should be considered as middle class wealth and 100,000 simoleons should definetly be considered high class wealth. im sure all snobby sims everywhere would appreciate this. (they'll probably have a fancy tea party to celebrate)

I think sims 4 is improving steadyly so no major complains here! :smile: Though i do miss the private investigator and ghost hunter careers and the compost bins..... I just realized that there are no newspapers to use as compost in the sims 4! XD
  • Options
    HolleninaHollenina Posts: 8 New Member
    What you liked I generally like the game don't really have much of a problem with it. My suggestion would be to add more park content regarding children, like swings, slides merry go rounds etc. It just feels really underwhelming going to ''play hooky'' with your child sim and their friend(s)
  • Options
    Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    i forgot to put in what i dislike is that i also dont like that lot value is counted in wealth value instead of it just being household funds.... ugh its hard to explain but what id would have liked was if the game counted wealth class level by how much simoleons a household currently has in its household funds only.
  • Options
    Princesslover0316Princesslover0316 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello my fellow simmers. I am new to this so please forgive me if I say anything that doesn't make sense or has already been suggested. I have some ideas, and I am aware they may have been suggested, but c'mon, i can't read 169 pages. Anyway, my ideas are pretty much centered around a generations-esque expansion pack, because Generations was my favorite, I love it so much, I still play sims 3 and its always the first i re-download. I am really happy with the toddlers, I think they are adorable and much more interactive than in sims 3 and 2. My first idea is one I know for a fact has been mentioned several times in other forums. Preteens. Now, I am in high school, and let me tell you, its a bit odd to see a cute six year old become sixteen in just a few minutes. We could take a few days from both the teen life stage and child life stage. They could have crushes, they could be embarrassed by their families when in public (Not always, but it would depend on their trait). They could have acne. We could go to school with them, and they could have lockers, and multiple classes, and occasionally they would have a school picture day, and depending on their skills they could either have a really good one, or a really awkward one, and they could take them home and we could put them up (Should be available for kids and teens too). They could have field trips and come back with cool souvenirs, and lastly, there could be a new suburban world to live in, with new families of variety, and with new houses, and all kinds of parks and teen hangouts, oh, and for prom and other school dances you could go with them as well, and you could have them get ready with their friends
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I love the gender patch, but please get somebody to go update the renders! Some of the clothes look awful on the other gender sim. I'd like to be able to put my lady sim in a proper suit, but the concave crotches, über defined blocky breasts, and pointy shoulders are incredibly distracting. It's especially annoying since these issues are still present in the clothes from Vampires, which came out way after the patch.